Author Topic: Bernie Sanders Endorses Hillary Clinton for President  (Read 3723 times)

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
Bernie Sanders Endorses Hillary Clinton for President
« on: Tue, 12 July 2016, 15:11:29 »
Well, it's finally happened.

I wanted sanders to win the primaries but I'm sure as hell hoping Clinton wins over trump, while she isn't my favourite candidate, she is still 100x better than trump.

Overall I'm pretty damn pleased with the endorsement, it was a hell of a lot more enthusiastic then I expected.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
Re: Bernie Sanders Endorses Hillary Clinton for President
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 12 July 2016, 15:13:28 »
while she isn't my favourite candidate, she is still 100x better than trump.

Only reason I'm voting for her.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 12 July 2016, 15:18:25 »
Tired of this better the devil you know politics.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 12 July 2016, 15:21:32 »
Let's pretend for a moment that Washington is not rigged....  I have my theories on that,   

BUT let's say ,  people actually vote,  and they actually count these things..

IF THAT WERE THE CASE..  and Bernie TRULY believed in his communist agenda.. and wanted to win..

THIS such person , should've kept all his plans HIDDEN until After HE WON>.....

You don't go and make an enemy of the Rich, (Those who own america),  and expect to be president.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 12 July 2016, 15:22:30 »
I understand completely why he did it and I mostly agree, but it ****ing sucks.  I'm going to rationalize voting for her the same way a lot of Republicans are going to rationalize voting for Trump, which is to try and save the Supreme Court from going in a direction I think would be detrimental to our country.

Make no mistake though, Hillary certainly sucks ass, she just sucks a little less ass than Trump does.
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline tassadarforaiur

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 12 July 2016, 15:26:29 »
Make no mistake though, Hillary certainly sucks ass, she just sucks a little less ass than Trump does.

That's just because she can tag Monica in.
« Last Edit: Tue, 12 July 2016, 15:36:36 by tassadarforaiur »

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 12 July 2016, 15:32:07 »
HA! So much for anti-establishment Bernie! To be honest, even I bought into it and believed it.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline emdude

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 12 July 2016, 15:38:38 »
I understand completely why he did it and I mostly agree, but it ****ing sucks.  I'm going to rationalize voting for her the same way a lot of Republicans are going to rationalize voting for Trump, which is to try and save the Supreme Court from going in a direction I think would be detrimental to our country.

This is the only reason why I'll be voting for her.

I think Bernie realizes that at this point it is more important to prevent Trump from winning the presidency, so I see this as a move to try to mend the fractures in the party.  Still, I'm sure a number of diehard Bernie supporters will say he is a sellout by endorsing HRC.
Current drivers: IBM Model M SSK

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 12 July 2016, 15:39:46 »
HA! So much for anti-establishment Bernie! To be honest, even I bought into it and believed it.

What would you do in his situation though?  Keep fighting and split the Democrats which all but ensures Trump will win, or do you submit to the establishment and hopefully prevent a person who's last job on his resume is "reality TV show host" from winning the Presidency?

It's really the most real "lesser of two evils" scenario that I have encountered since I have been able to vote.
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 12 July 2016, 15:43:05 »

This is the only reason why I'll be voting for her.

I think Bernie realizes that at this point it is more important to prevent Trump from winning the presidency, so I see this as a move to try to mend the fractures in the party.  Still, I'm sure a number of diehard Bernie supporters will say he is a sellout by endorsing HRC.
Look on social media and reddit, there are tons of those die hard supporters who are yelling sell out and calling him a back stabber.

I personally don't get it. I have a feeling they are somewhat of a vocal minority.

What would you do in his situation though?  Keep fighting and split the Democrats which all but ensures Trump will win, or do you submit to the establishment and hopefully prevent a person who's last job on his resume is "reality TV show host" from winning the Presidency?

It's really the most real "lesser of two evils" scenario that I have encountered since I have been able to vote.
Pretty sure if it was photekq he would try and get trump elected. Lul
« Last Edit: Tue, 12 July 2016, 15:44:51 by Air tree »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 12 July 2016, 15:43:13 »

none of us h8 bernie..

Rich people certainly do..  that makes all the difference.

To be honest,  I really hope one day politicians would lie to rich people more than they lie to the poor..

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 12 July 2016, 15:49:29 »
welp working on my spanish... moving to mexico... gg
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 12 July 2016, 15:51:06 »

Pretty sure if it was photekq he would try and get trump elected. Lul

Please say it ain't so Photekq  :'(

Offline iri

« Reply #14 on: Tue, 12 July 2016, 15:55:44 »
welp working on my spanish... moving to mexico... gg
That will make sense if Trump wins.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #16 on: Tue, 12 July 2016, 16:08:12 »

I don't think Trump is a good candidate. I should make that very clear to start with. The one exception to this are his stances towards Russia and the UK, at least for the time being. That said, I don't think any presidential candidates or presidents have been good since Ron Paul.

However, I do think he is better than Clinton. Anybody is better than Clinton. She's endlessly corrupt, she's a warmonger and she is one of the least consistent politicians I've ever seen. For example, she's been going on about the validity of Black Lives Matter, and yet in the past she has consistently been one of the most anti-black politicians in modern history. It's not just the fact that she's corrupt that worries me, but the fact that she has plenty of others in the palm of her hand, as the outcome of the FBI investigation proves.

If Hillary weren't a candidate I probably wouldn't care so much about this election, but she is. I know that if she gets elected the US will become more involved (or at least they will cease to become less involved) in the middle east, and the UK along with the entirety of NATO will be dragged along with you.

This is what surprises me about Bernie's endorsement. She is one of THE WORST examples of a politician today. She is every negative stereotype of politicians rolled into one. The fact that Bernie would endorse such a witch makes him almost as bad in my eyes. He is contributing to the evil, and for what? To try and keep the Democratic party together? If he were true to his words, if he were real man of the people then he wouldn't care about the party at all! Absolutely disgraceful.
« Last Edit: Tue, 12 July 2016, 16:14:01 by Photekq »
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 12 July 2016, 16:49:33 »
Trump can't win.. He's too damn ugly to be president..

Didn't know presidents couldn't be ugly.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #19 on: Tue, 12 July 2016, 21:10:55 »
Eh, I figured I'd be voting Green Party, this just cemented it.  This election is probably one of the worst since Reagan ran and since the California governor "circus" race.  Everyone I had to choose to vote between in the primary was **** and Trump and Hillary is like choosing between getting punched in the nose repeatedly or kicked in the groin repeatedly.  No matter what you choose, it's ****.

Offline Mr Mulch

« Reply #20 on: Wed, 13 July 2016, 07:39:08 »
I don't think Trump is a good candidate. I should make that very clear to start with. The one exception to this are his stances towards Russia and the UK, at least for the time being. That said, I don't think any presidential candidates or presidents have been good since Ron Paul.

However, I do think he is better than Clinton. Anybody is better than Clinton. She's endlessly corrupt, she's a warmonger and she is one of the least consistent politicians I've ever seen. For example, she's been going on about the validity of Black Lives Matter, and yet in the past she has consistently been one of the most anti-black politicians in modern history. It's not just the fact that she's corrupt that worries me, but the fact that she has plenty of others in the palm of her hand, as the outcome of the FBI investigation proves.

If Hillary weren't a candidate I probably wouldn't care so much about this election, but she is. I know that if she gets elected the US will become more involved (or at least they will cease to become less involved) in the middle east, and the UK along with the entirety of NATO will be dragged along with you.

This is what surprises me about Bernie's endorsement. She is one of THE WORST examples of a politician today. She is every negative stereotype of politicians rolled into one. The fact that Bernie would endorse such a witch makes him almost as bad in my eyes. He is contributing to the evil, and for what? To try and keep the Democratic party together? If he were true to his words, if he were real man of the people then he wouldn't care about the party at all! Absolutely disgraceful.

What else can Bernie do though? He isn't going to win the nomination and there's no other candidate to endorse. At this point, it's the lesser of two evils. That's not disgraceful.

Disgraceful is publicly saying you think another Republican candidate's father had something to do with the JFK assassination. Disgraceful is suggesting you can't get a fair trial because of the heritage of a judge. Disgraceful is making fun of people's appearances on Twitter. Disgraceful is making fun of a reporter for being disabled. Disgraceful is praising Suddam Hussein. Disgraceful is tweeting anti-semitic memes and then defending them.

I don't support HRC in the least, but to say she's every negative stereotype rolled into one without saying that Trump is as well isn't accurate. I don't think either candidate will do any good or inflict any positive change for Americans, but let's at least be straight forward about the terrible choices we've been presented with.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #21 on: Wed, 13 July 2016, 08:23:53 »
Eh, I figured I'd be voting Green Party, this just cemented it.  This election is probably one of the worst since Reagan ran and since the California governor "circus" race.  Everyone I had to choose to vote between in the primary was **** and Trump and Hillary is like choosing between getting punched in the nose repeatedly or kicked in the groin repeatedly.  No matter what you choose, it's ****.

That is just asinine.

If "Green" means that you are concerned about the welfare of the Planet Earth, can you honestly say that you believe that Trump would endeavor to manage it with equal conviction and diligence compared to Clinton?
“This isn’t the same Trump that got elected in 2016, he’s worse.”
“Something snapped in this guy — for real — when he lost in 2020,” Biden said, suggesting the former president was “unhinged” and was the driving force behind a mob of his supporters overrunning the US Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021."
“He can’t accept the fact that he lost, it’s literally driving him crazy,” Biden said.
He added that the former president “wants to terminate the Constitution” and “says if he loses there will be a bloodbath in America.”
“What kind of man is this?”  Biden asked. — June 3, 2024

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #22 on: Wed, 13 July 2016, 09:13:00 »

Trump to me is terrible for many reasons, however, I won't say I disagree with every single thing he has said.  He has been right on quite a few of his statements and I do really like that he isn't nearly as "bought" as Hillary and many other politicians.  However, I think you are being just a bit over dramatic about Clinton.  Corrupt?  Oh yeah, the most recent FBI investigation showed that pretty easily.  Inconsistent?  Definitely, she is a professional flippy-floppy.  Warmonger?  Maybe, we've seen a lot worse though.  One of the most anti-black politicians in modern history?  Come on now, she probably is really a racist old white lady (the 2008 election cycle comes to mind...) but her policies have not been actively anti-black.

Also, if you're worried about Hillary dragging the USA into a war with NATO and the UK riding shotgun, than you should really be worried about both candidates.  Trump's so called "foreign policy" will at best alienate countless nations around the world, and at worst will likely result in at least one war breaking out.  Trump being elected as a Republican will mean he will have to kowtow to the Military Industrial Complex that has his party by the balls if he wants to get anything done during his presidency, so I think that some good ol' fashioned 'Murican warmongering will be happening whether Clinton or Trump gets elected.

To me it boils down to this; this next president will most likely be able to select 2 or maybe even 3 Supreme Court justices, which no matter who you talk to on either side of the political spectrum all agree this is going make a huge difference in the judicial landscape for years and years to come.  My ONLY concern now is to prevent that shift from pushing the USA into a far-right wonderland, where abortions are made illegal, gay marriage is rolled back, and corporations develop complete rights of person-hood.

As to Bernie's endorsement, I'm going to go with my parent's classic response, "I'm not mad, I'm just really disappointed." :(

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #23 on: Wed, 13 July 2016, 09:45:33 »

That is just asinine.

If "Green" means that you are concerned about the welfare of the Planet Earth, can you honestly say that you believe that Trump would endeavor to manage it with equal conviction and diligence compared to Clinton?

I'm voting Green because they're putting forth the only true progressive candidate.  I cannot in good conscience votr for Trump or Hillary as both are awful candidates.  Trump is a racist fear monger who is the natural evolution of tea party Republicans.  Clinton is a part of a corrupt and amoral dynasty and someone whose policies don't change due to personal growth, but due to what's politically expedient to say and what her donors push for.  She had no integrity and her and her husband are the face of the neoliberalism that helped create the banking crisis and that shifted the Democratic Party further and further to the right. 

Saying it's asinine to vote for the Green Party because Trump is worse it's part of the mindset that has ****ed up US politics.  The two party system does not work and Democrats are increasingly becoming difficult to distinguish from Republicans outside of issues like abortion and gay rights.
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 July 2016, 09:49:49 by nubbinator »

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #24 on: Wed, 13 July 2016, 09:54:16 »

Inconsistent?  Definitely, she is a professional flippy-floppy.

"I'm not mad, I'm just really disappointed."

Of all the "criticisms" leveled at politicians, this is one that I object to.

I do not vote for "personalities" I voted for concepts. "The People" change their minds and their representatives need to work towards the needs and desires of the people that they represent, within the context of the law. A representative should change his or her stance if that is the will of the people who he or she represents.

A decade ago a solid majority of US citizens opposed same-sex marriage and supported our wars in the Middle East. Today those proportions are reversed. A conscientious representative should respect those shifts.

With 3 branches, we have the group who makes the laws, the group that interprets the laws, and the group who carries out the laws.

Of these, the executive is the one whose personal opinions regarding the law and its meaning are least germane.

“Something snapped in this guy — for real — when he lost in 2020,” Biden said, suggesting the former president was “unhinged” and was the driving force behind a mob of his supporters overrunning the US Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021."
“He can’t accept the fact that he lost, it’s literally driving him crazy,” Biden said.
He added that the former president “wants to terminate the Constitution” and “says if he loses there will be a bloodbath in America.”

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25 on: Wed, 13 July 2016, 10:55:50 »
As if we need further proof that the popular vote doesn't matter.

Who is Hillary, and what has she done..

Lied TO CONGRESS,  yet so powerful, she's still on the ticket..

I mean... if congress couldn't stop her..   What difference would our votes mean..

You guys need a reality check..

we have the right to be Angry about this situation,   but in the system AS IS,  we the people have so little influence, that we don't even qualify to be mad, that's how little we matter..

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26 on: Wed, 13 July 2016, 11:01:36 »
What i'm trying to say is,   You have the right to an opinion,  but it will always remain a useless opinion until you make the MONEY to enforce that opinion..  Then it's no longer an opinion, it's a leadership agenda..

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #27 on: Wed, 13 July 2016, 11:34:34 »
i agree and disagree

in the normal scope of our bipartisan political system, to gain an advantage requires the monies

but, in a scenario where we could get +80% of all people behind a movement and actively advocating for it, the government would either have to admit they are corrupt and risk being overthrown, or conform to the wishes of the people

totally hypothetical and idealistic, but conceivably possible
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #28 on: Wed, 13 July 2016, 11:53:39 »
I'm hoping this election will be the last straw for the antiquated two party system and will lead to the emergence of one or more additional parties that have a chance at winning elections by drawing centrist votes.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29 on: Wed, 13 July 2016, 12:16:14 »
I'm hoping this election will be the last straw for the antiquated two party system and will lead to the emergence of one or more additional parties that have a chance at winning elections by drawing centrist votes.

We need the Federation..

Vote for This man..

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #30 on: Wed, 13 July 2016, 12:17:10 »
i agree and disagree

in the normal scope of our bipartisan political system, to gain an advantage requires the monies

but, in a scenario where we could get +80% of all people behind a movement and actively advocating for it, the government would either have to admit they are corrupt and risk being overthrown, or conform to the wishes of the people

totally hypothetical and idealistic, but conceivably possible

You're talking about civil war...

NSA is gonna be all over u now.. hahahahaha

Offline emdude

« Reply #31 on: Wed, 13 July 2016, 12:29:43 »
We need the Federation..

Vote for This man..

Show Image

tp4, remember that in the Star Trek canon, Earth needed a third World War before humanity would begin to take the first steps to forming such a government, not to mention the scientific and economic advances that would also be needed to sustain it.

Who knows though, based on recent events, such a conflict may yet happen. :thumb:

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #32 on: Wed, 13 July 2016, 12:36:36 »

We need the Federation..

Vote for This man..

Show Image

RIP Leonard Nimoy
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline dante

« Reply #33 on: Wed, 13 July 2016, 12:36:58 »
These candidates suck: Bring on a Military Coup.

As long as you keep gas prices low and fast food available everyone won't give a crap.

Offline emdude

« Reply #34 on: Wed, 13 July 2016, 12:40:26 »

We need the Federation..

Vote for This man..

Show Image

Show Image

RIP Leonard Nimoy

Now that's a candidate I could get behind.

Quote from: Spock
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few--or the one.

:'(

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #35 on: Wed, 13 July 2016, 12:44:53 »

As long as you keep gas prices low and fast food available everyone won't give a crap.

lol military coup
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Darkside

« Reply #36 on: Wed, 13 July 2016, 12:45:37 »
Yeah, he had to make that endorsement eventually unless he was planning on exiting politics this year.

I'm voting Green Party this year. I already live in a red state so it's not like it matters much, but I'm not going to do the hold-your-nose, better-of-two-evils bull**** that MSM says I need to do. Should Trump win, the blame rests squarely on the shoulders of the DNC for ramming through an incredibly divisive candidate. I didn't like Hillary's politics in 2008 and I certainly don't like them now. On the bright side, I'm really excited about Dr. Jill Stein coming to my city this August and looking forward to voting for her in November.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #37 on: Wed, 13 July 2016, 13:00:37 »

We need the Federation..

Vote for This man..

Show Image

Show Image

RIP Leonard Nimoy

Now that's a candidate I could get behind.

Quote from: Spock
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few--or the one.

:'(

I'm cool with either one...

But TBH,  an ALIEN president...  maybe after another 43 presidents..

I'm not prejudiced,  but these damn earth hicks are..

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #38 on: Wed, 13 July 2016, 13:01:45 »

lol military coup

ALL TRUE..

But, Military coups are bad for business though..

It only spends money, doesn't make money.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #39 on: Wed, 13 July 2016, 17:30:42 »

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #40 on: Thu, 14 July 2016, 07:51:40 »

Last thing you guys need is someone like General Petraeus running the country....

Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin