Author Topic: A funny input device story(OT)  (Read 1935 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline typo

  • Thread Starter
  • Posts: 1676
A funny input device story(OT)
« on: Sat, 13 August 2016, 03:18:57 »
Once I was having trouble with a Steel Series product. I looked up their phone number on google. Turns out they were a block from me at the time. I could have just gone there. So I call, it rings many times...... A kid answers. I started telling him about my issue. He says hold on, and puts his hand over the phone i assume. He says hey Daryl, I did not know we have a phone, Do we have a phone here? I said apparently so buddy since you are on it! HAHAHAHA! I just remembered that story tonight when input devices have re-sparked my interest at the moment.

Offline tp4tissue

  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Posts: 13678
  • Location: Official Geekhack Public Defender..
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: A funny input device story(OT)
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 13 August 2016, 03:27:15 »
steel series eh?

I remember they were on that mx black thing were for gamers ..

Offline fohat.digs

  • * Elevated Elder
  • Posts: 6567
  • Location: 35°55'N, 83°53'W
  • weird funny old guy
Re: A funny input device story(OT)
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 13 August 2016, 07:44:18 »
The only Steelseries product that I have had is a glass mouse pad that is 15 years old and still works great.
“These economic royalists complain that we seek to overthrow the institutions of America. What they really complain of is that we seek to take away their power."
He paused for a moment, then thundered, “Our allegiance to American institutions requires the overthrow of this kind of power!”
“In vain,” Roosevelt said, “they seek to hide behind the Flag and the Constitution. In their blindness they forget what the Flag and the Constitution stand for. Now, as always, they stand for democracy, not tyranny; for freedom, not subjection; and against a dictatorship by mob rule and the over-privileged alike.”
- Franklin Roosevelt 1933

Offline fanpeople

  • Posts: 970
Re: A funny input device story(OT)
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 13 August 2016, 08:07:21 »
I got a steel series mouse. it functions as a mouse. 10 out of 10 for surfing google.

Offline typo

  • Thread Starter
  • Posts: 1676
Re: A funny input device story(OT)
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 13 August 2016, 13:19:31 »
It was not about Steel Series Per Se. It humored me he asked if they had a Telephone while he was on it! That was about the gist of the company though. I found their mice to be very problematic in functionality. Like not working. So that might explain how dense the guy was to begin with. Perhaps others had better luck with their products. Apparently so.