Author Topic: Black Friday is overrated..  (Read 3079 times)

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
Black Friday is overrated..
« on: Wed, 16 November 2016, 08:52:12 »
Go waste your money on a bunch of old, bad spec'd electronics so you'll regret your purchase in 3 months...

You people do this:

To get this?

:-\

Offline Fictiouz

• That "White" Guy
  • "You miss 100% of the shots you take." -S. Trooper
Re: Black Friday is overrated..
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 16 November 2016, 08:52:54 »
Go waste your money on a bunch of old, bad spec'd electronics so you'll regret your purchase in 3 months...

You people do this:

Show Image

To get this?

Show Image

Will kill for mad s4lez. /s
Halifax, NS Meetup | "I know you'll come back to me, I'm like a good kind of herpes, I'm impossible to get rid of." - 27
67g Zilent V2 M60-A | BKE Redux HHKB Professional 2 | 62g Silent Black Planck | 62g Vint Black Tex Yoda II | Bolt-Modded Model M 1391301

Offline menuhin

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 16 November 2016, 09:06:16 »
Sure, Black Friday is cheap and right here and now.
Group Buy is potentially cheaper, but one has to wait from a few months or until having the next great grandchild.
Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline Fictiouz

• That "White" Guy
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 16 November 2016, 09:12:34 »
Sure, Black Friday is cheap and right here and now.
Group Buy is potentially cheaper, but one has to wait from a few months or until having the next great grandchild.

In our current generation I feel as though patience is something a lot of people outside of this community are lacking  :))
Halifax, NS Meetup | "I know you'll come back to me, I'm like a good kind of herpes, I'm impossible to get rid of." - 27
67g Zilent V2 M60-A | BKE Redux HHKB Professional 2 | 62g Silent Black Planck | 62g Vint Black Tex Yoda II | Bolt-Modded Model M 1391301

Offline hking0036

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 16 November 2016, 09:31:14 »

You people do this:

Show Image

To get this?

Show Image

Not the everdrive sale.  :thumb:
https://krikzz.com/store/
Realforce RF87UB 45g Uniform | Leopold FC660C w/ TMK | IBM Model M - 3/24/1997 | IBM Model F 122 - 11/25/1985 ANSI'd w/ TMK | IBM Model F XT in a box

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 16 November 2016, 09:32:28 »

You people do this:

Show Image

To get this?

Show Image

There are Black Friday sales for Everdrives?!  :eek:

Wait, I just checked; no sales announced.

Offline hking0036

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 16 November 2016, 09:39:16 »

You people do this:

Show Image

To get this?

Show Image

He does one every year.

http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=5856.0
Realforce RF87UB 45g Uniform | Leopold FC660C w/ TMK | IBM Model M - 3/24/1997 | IBM Model F 122 - 11/25/1985 ANSI'd w/ TMK | IBM Model F XT in a box

Offline Fictiouz

• That "White" Guy
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 16 November 2016, 09:47:27 »

You people do this:

Show Image

To get this?

Show Image

He does one every year.

Do these come preloaded with all the ROMs? I want a no brain present for my sister.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 16 November 2016, 09:49:17 »

You people do this:

Show Image

To get this?

Show Image

He does one every year.

Ah, you're right. I keep forgetting about them because of course I don't have the funds at the right time.
Might order the GB version finally; has there been any word on the X7 for GBA yet?

You people do this:

Show Image

To get this?

Show Image

He does one every year.

Do these come preloaded with all the ROMs? I want a no brain present for my sister.

No, you pre-load the ROMs. It's a flash cart, but krikzz's carts are the easiest to use, so uploading ROMs is simply dragging and dumping.
I gave an EZ-Flash IV to my sister and uploaded all the ROMs myself. The krikzz EverDrive would be even easier.

Offline Fictiouz

• That "White" Guy
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 16 November 2016, 09:51:41 »

No, you pre-load the ROMs. It's a flash cart, but krikzz's carts are the easiest to use, so uploading ROMs is simply dragging and dumping.
I gave an EZ-Flash IV to my sister and uploaded all the ROMs myself. The krikzz EverDrive would be even easier.

Could a tech idiot do it because I don't want to be constantly loading on games for her cause she won't figure it out. XD

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 16 November 2016, 09:54:27 »

Could a tech idiot do it because I don't want to be constantly loading on games for her cause she won't figure it out. XD

Yeah, dude; it's super easy! I recommend a certain site for all the ROMs; all you have to do is download them, drag them into the microSD card, then plug in the microSD card into the flash cart. Bam; as many games as you can fit in the microSD card in one Game Boy cartridge, perfectly compatible with any GB handheld.
There are a few games that won't work, namely those with RTC (Pokemon G/S/C), but it's been a while since I've checked so maybe that's changed.

Offline hking0036

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 16 November 2016, 10:33:24 »

Yeah, dude; it's super easy! I recommend a certain site for all the ROMs; all you have to do is download them, drag them into the microSD card, then plug in the microSD card into the flash cart. Bam; as many games as you can fit in the microSD card in one Game Boy cartridge, perfectly compatible with any GB handheld.
There are a few games that won't work, namely those with RTC (Pokemon G/S/C), but it's been a while since I've checked so maybe that's changed.
The edgb still doesn't have rtc but the games with will still work, the clock just won't. There may be a new version for that later on but there's no news for now. I've not heard anything about the X7 either and I'm pretty happy with my x5, the sticking out thing is a lot less of a problem than its made out to be.

As for ease of use, there's no worry about that. All of them are super simple, just get your rom(s) and the OS for your cart and from there you basically just hit a to pick your rom and go, so as long as you include an SD card inside of it pre packed its a perfect way to go. Most of the libraries (nes, snes, gen, gb+gbc) should get on a <8gb SD but gba and n64 are obviously outliers. Still though, a 32gb SD is only like $10 so it's cool (also yes, the edgb does both gbc and gb original games).
« Last Edit: Wed, 16 November 2016, 10:39:14 by hking0036 »

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 16 November 2016, 10:37:49 »

The edgb still doesn't have rtc but the games with will still work, the clock just won't. There may be a new version for that later on but there's no news for now. I've not heard anything about the X7 either and I'm pretty happy with my x5, the sticking out thing is a lot less of a problem than its made out to be.

As for ease of use, there's no worry about that. All of them are super simple, just get your rom(s) and the OS for your cart and from there you basically just hit a to pick your rom and go.

Ah, cool. Yeah, I've been thinking about getting the X5. The protrusion won't bother me at all; I have the AGB-001 (modded, of course), so taller carts won't affect me whatsoever.
I forgot: what features doesn't the X5 support?

Offline CSCoder4ever

• If it clicks I dig it
    • my github
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 16 November 2016, 10:50:38 »
I'll be spending my black friday on hopefully getting a platform upgrade on my desktop, the ol' girl needs to retire ( Sandy i7 2700K ).
and I'd like to hopefully get more sata III ports so then I can add more SSDs to my desktop as well  ;D
Rosewill RK-9100; Poker II; Magicforce 68; Planck; WASDv2 TKL; Corsair k65; minivan; tada68;

*buntu - Debian - OpenBSD

Offline hking0036

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 16 November 2016, 11:19:49 »
Ah, cool. Yeah, I've been thinking about getting the X5. The protrusion won't bother me at all; I have the AGB-001 (modded, of course), so taller carts won't affect me whatsoever.
Right now there's no cheats. People want the native backwards compatibility but that's a hardware issue and not a software problem. The X5 supports emulation of GB/GBC with goomba/goomba color straight through the menu so it's a-ok with me. Other than that, the only complaint I really know is the size. It has RTC unlike the gb so it works a-ok with boktai and the pokemon games, plus romhacks and all that jazz. Definitely would recommend. As for the GBA thing I have a modded 001 as well, but dust keeps getting between the lens and the lcd and it drives me nuts, I've gone at it with compressed air like ten times but I just keep finding more. Probably just inept.
« Last Edit: Wed, 16 November 2016, 11:22:02 by hking0036 »

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 16 November 2016, 11:24:42 »
Right now there's no cheats. People want the native backwards compatibility but that's a hardware issue and not a software problem. The X5 supports emulation of GB/GBC with goomba/goomba color straight through the menu so it's a-ok with me. Other than that, the only complaint I really know is the size. It has RTC unlike the gb so it works a-ok with boktai and the pokemon games, plus romhacks and all that jazz. Definitely would recommend. As for the GBA thing I have a modded 001 as well, but dust keeps getting between the lens and the lcd and it drives me nuts, I've gone at it with compressed air like ten times but I just keep finding more. Probably just inept.

Don't really use cheats and, since I plan on getting the GB version as well, Goomba doesn't matter to me. I have all the GBA Pokemon games, so Boktai I'd like to try.
Did you replace the cover? I have a glass one on mine. Not sure if it will make a difference, if at all.

Pic of mine:

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 16 November 2016, 11:30:13 »
Cyber Monday > Black Friday

Offline hking0036

« Reply #17 on: Wed, 16 November 2016, 11:30:30 »

Don't really use cheats and, since I plan on getting the GB version as well, Goomba doesn't matter to me. I have all the GBA Pokemon games, so Boktai I'd like to try.
Did you replace the cover? I have a glass one on mine. Not sure if it will make a difference, if at all.

Pic of mine:
Show Image

I use a glass lens too, just keep getting dust between it and the actual LCD so I have to pry it off to try and blow it out and then as soon as I get it back on I find more. You're forgetting that the GBA has a lot of good pokemon romhacks as well! It's good to have RTC for stuff like liquid crystal or any of the cool fire red hacks. As for the GB(C), since I only have crystal it's a lot more meaningful to me than the GBA having RTC cause I had a lot of fun with G/S/Y back when, plus stuff like Red++ is out and the stuff people are doing nowadays is pretty bonkers.

« Last Edit: Wed, 16 November 2016, 11:34:30 by hking0036 »

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 16 November 2016, 11:33:36 »

Pic of mine:
Show Image

I use a glass lens too, just keep getting dust between it and the actual LCD so I have to pry it off to try and blow it out and then as soon as I get it back on I find more. You're forgetting that the GBA has a lot of good pokemon romhacks as well! It's good to have RTC for stuff like liquid crystal or any of the cool fire red hacks.

Weird. Wonder why that is. I had to send mine to someone to mod and I'm not sure if he sealed it back up or something. There is a small speck stuck in there, but during normal play I don't notice it.

Ah, I forgot that the hacks use RTC! I plan on getting cart versions of Liquid Crystal, but that's the only one I really need at the moment. I still have to finish Red Full Color and Thunder Yellow, then Liquid Crystal is next!

Offline MandrewDavis

• Chasin' That Neon Rainbow
« Reply #19 on: Wed, 16 November 2016, 11:45:51 »
I'll be spending my black friday on hopefully getting a platform upgrade on my desktop, the ol' girl needs to retire ( Sandy i7 2700K ).
and I'd like to hopefully get more sata III ports so then I can add more SSDs to my desktop as well  ;D

Last time Black Friday rolled around, I upgraded my mom to a 250gb SSD and myself to a 1TB. All for around $210 after rebates.
I've come to view humanity as predominantly monkey business.

My Classifieds Thread

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 16 November 2016, 11:46:35 »

You people do this:

Show Image

To get this?

Show Image

But you do this to get...uh???

So who are you to judge?

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #21 on: Wed, 16 November 2016, 12:56:17 »
Someone should run a Black Friday's Group Buy for some GMK on the cheap, LOL.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #22 on: Wed, 16 November 2016, 13:12:21 »
I'm not so big on everdrive..

I feel like the PC works better with even lower latency.

Offline hking0036

« Reply #23 on: Wed, 16 November 2016, 13:15:00 »

I don't think a PC can match what I can get out of my PVM, so I'd rather have an SD2SNES.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #24 on: Wed, 16 November 2016, 13:17:40 »

I don't think a PC can match what I can get out of my PVM, so I'd rather have an SD2SNES.

Show Image

Show Image

Even with PVM,  The RED particularly is not as vibrant as LCD..

So IMHO,  ever since the introduction of ULMB LCD,  there's no longer a significant advantage to CRTs when it comes to emulation..

Offline hking0036

« Reply #25 on: Wed, 16 November 2016, 13:19:24 »

Show Image

Show Image

Even with PVM,  The RED particularly is not as vibrant as LCD..

So IMHO,  ever since the introduction of ULMB LCD,  there's no longer a significant advantage to CRTs when it comes to emulation..
That's good for you but I love my PVM and I'd rather use real hardware so it's a good choice for me.