Author Topic: Xiaomi mechanical keyboard!  (Read 2298 times)

Offline nuzey

Xiaomi mechanical keyboard!
« on: Mon, 13 February 2017, 03:50:52 »

What do you guys think? It looks very clean except the keycaps which is easily replacable. The typing sounds good too!

Xiaomi literally does everything. Let me know what you guys think.

Offline killyou

Re: Xiaomi mechanical keyboard!
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 13 February 2017, 09:01:04 »
I haven't tried it but it looks mighty good. Only the plate at the top is plastic I think. What's the brand of the switches? I would be confident buying their products, I have Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime phone and it's excellent. If it comes to the keycaps it looks like cheap crap on all Chinese boards, they have the same symbols and fonts.
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 February 2017, 09:09:08 by killyou »

Offline evilpacket

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 13 February 2017, 09:26:14 »
hmm. heard these were kailh reds or something along those lines.
not a big fan of cheaper mx-compatible switches, and the board doesn't seem to have that good of a price-value ratio...
but doesn't seem too bad. not hearing a lot of good things about em though.

Offline hking0036

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 13 February 2017, 09:29:16 »
I knew I had heard of Xiaomi somewhere but couldn't think of it - it's the MIUI company. MIUI didn't particularly take me, and I'm not entirely sure why a phone company is getting into keyboards now but if they can make a solid keyboard, then by all means. Just doubtful they're going to bring anything new or interesting to the table.
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 February 2017, 09:30:48 by hking0036 »
Realforce RF87UB 45g Uniform | Leopold FC660C w/ TMK | IBM Model M - 3/24/1997 | IBM Model F 122 - 11/25/1985 ANSI'd w/ TMK | IBM Model F XT in a box

Offline killyou

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 13 February 2017, 09:32:31 »
I knew I had heard of Xiaomi somewhere but couldn't think of it - it's the MIUI company. MIUI didn't particularly take me, and I'm not entirely sure why a phone company is getting into keyboards now but if they can make a solid keyboard, then by all means. Just doubtful they're going to bring anything new or interesting to the table.

They aren't strictly a phone company. They have a wide variety of products like cleaning robots, drones, wifi cameras and all sorts of crap. In general they might not be the most innovative company out there but their products seem to be good.

Offline hking0036

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 13 February 2017, 09:36:25 »

They aren't strictly a phone company. They have a wide variety of products like cleaning robots, drones, wifi cameras and all sorts of crap. In general they might not be the most innovative company out there but their products seem to be good.
Right, but if you want a decent TKL you can get those hand over fist. Everyone and their mother makes them already. If you want build quality you can get a Filco or a KUL. Selling a keyboard with MX clones isn't exactly inspired, I think I've even seen the legending on those caps somewhere before.
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 February 2017, 09:39:06 by hking0036 »
Realforce RF87UB 45g Uniform | Leopold FC660C w/ TMK | IBM Model M - 3/24/1997 | IBM Model F 122 - 11/25/1985 ANSI'd w/ TMK | IBM Model F XT in a box

Offline killyou

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 13 February 2017, 13:02:03 »
[...] I think I've even seen the legending on those caps somewhere before.

Yeah you did, on every cheap Chinese board as they are all using the same caps. Check Metoo, Drevo etc., the caps are all the same. They look similar to the new caps on Vortex Pok3r RGB which I find off-putting.

Offline Wingklip

• I am the one the one the one the one the one
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 14 February 2017, 19:23:31 »

http://www.mi.com/en/mix/ "Doesn't bring anything new to the table"
If you 1v1 me in a cage fight I will use an AK-74 for ranged and an IBM model F 122 for melee

Offline hking0036

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 14 February 2017, 20:09:18 »

That's not the keyboard they're selling. They've been making phones longer than they've made keyboards. When something interesting about the board happens, then you can make that statement. Right now it's a tenkeyless backlit keyboard with mx clones.
« Last Edit: Tue, 14 February 2017, 20:11:10 by hking0036 »

Offline Wingklip

• I am the one the one the one the one the one
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 15 February 2017, 05:24:28 »

That's not the keyboard they're selling. They've been making phones longer than they've made keyboards. When something interesting about the board happens, then you can make that statement. Right now it's a tenkeyless backlit keyboard with mx clones.

Give them a year and who knows, maybe they'll make a 2k keyboard with borderless edges
If you 1v1 me in a cage fight I will use an AK-74 for ranged and an IBM model F 122 for melee

Offline Andy_Nixeus

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Nixeus Tech, Inc.
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 15 February 2017, 13:36:39 »
pretty nice KB. Looks like any other keyboard though. Was there a price mentioned?
I am here to help. So let me help ! =D

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 16 February 2017, 02:12:24 »
pretty nice KB. Looks like any other keyboard though. Was there a price mentioned?

which keyboard doesn't look like any other keyboard.. hhahahaha