Author Topic: Toughest day in a long time...  (Read 7827 times)

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
Toughest day in a long time...
« on: Fri, 17 February 2017, 12:34:46 »
Hey GHers,

Turning somewhere fairly anonymous for emotional support right now.  Long story short: I've been working at a company that I really enjoy working for, but have essentially been forced to put in my notice today.  Great boss, great coworkers, awesome pay, good work, looks great on my resume...  But, for the past 5 months, they have not been paying employees on time.  It's not just me, but all 150 employees.  I'm now over a month of not being paid, and most of my coworkers are 5 paychecks behind, not two/three.  Not legal, I know... it's just the current circumstance at the company.

I just hit a year working here.  Tuesday, offered a 5% raise, starting in April!  Yeah, baby!  Maybe this will work out?  I hope so...  Well, on Wednesday, I sat in on our all staff meeting.  The CEO did some back pedaling and said he turned down venture capital because he thought the company was worth more.  Then went on showing us all the business coming down the pipe.  Finished the meeting saying that people might not be caught up on pay checks until April.  So the guy is essentially bank rolling his company with his employees wages.  Not cool.  I don't care how deep someone's pockets are, working as a volunteer is not legit.

That was the last straw for me.  I can't keep this up.  Too stressful.  Financially, personally, professionally.  It's affecting my life with my fiancée and children.  I'll be OK financially, but I had to get out before the ship completely sinks.  I'm in the US, so I have to change healthcare.  I have to change what I'm doing, get a new boss, etc.  Just sorta sucks, but at least I will continue working.

Looking forward to the new gig, though.  People seem really cool, but it will be a lot more work in a field I've never worked in.  So wish me luck!  Just finished my group buy, so at least I'm not super busy...  can have some time to decompress, play with keyboards, etc.

Don't take things for granted, especially your paycheck/job.  Hope you all had a better week!  Stay strong!  :thumb:

Take Care,

MaNiFeX

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
Re: Toughest day in a long time...
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 17 February 2017, 12:42:34 »
I feel you. My paychecks are at least steady, but I really hate everything about my current position. The bind I'm currently in is that my wife works at a daycare and gets sick all the time, so I really can't afford to drop the insurance. Hope it all works out, dude.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 17 February 2017, 13:06:15 »
I feel you. My paychecks are at least steady, but I really hate everything about my current position. The bind I'm currently in is that my wife works at a daycare and gets sick all the time, so I really can't afford to drop the insurance. Hope it all works out, dude.

Thanks, exitfire401.  Isn't it crazy we do so much for healthcare in the US?!  I know we all get put in tough situations with employers.  One day we'll both find the right fit!  I'm a single dad that supports two kids and a fiancée, so not getting paid isn't an option for me at the moment.

Offline q1w2e3r4t5z

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 17 February 2017, 13:44:27 »
Damn, life can be rough.

I still hold your handpainted picture to great value in my living room, though :)

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 17 February 2017, 14:11:20 »
Sorry to hear that, man. It can be stressful, especially with kids and family involved. I hope/know it will work out for you!

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 17 February 2017, 14:53:09 »
Damn, life can be rough.

I still hold your handpainted picture to great value in my living room, though :)

Awesome!  I was just browsing old photos and saw that!  PROST!

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 17 February 2017, 14:53:35 »
Sorry to hear that, man. It can be stressful, especially with kids and family involved. I hope/know it will work out for you!

Thanks!  These are the kind words I came here for.  You guys rock.  :thumb:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 17 February 2017, 15:00:38 »
unemployment checks = paid vacation,  is what i've hurd...   wh00t wh00t..

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 17 February 2017, 15:11:54 »

So true!  Just not in my case...

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 17 February 2017, 16:18:47 »
you really did the right thing by leaving, a company that gets behind on payroll is doing it wrong. Not to mention the ethical issues associated with it. Everyone should have walked after the second missed pay, but in reality its harder to do because of family etc, commitments. But dam how is everyone living without money.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 17 February 2017, 16:25:26 »
fff

I think it would be interesting to start a local lemonade stand.. or a hotdog stand.. would be kind of cool.. 

Was looking at those hotdog carts, some are pretty advanced,  and hobby friendly, lots of gadgets you could mess with..

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 17 February 2017, 16:36:11 »
I always had this disposition in my career that I always had it worst than anybody else. This in turn changed my mentality to where I always envied other people. Like I bet he's getting paid more than me and he just started kind of thing. I was always self centered and had this mindset where everyone was just in it for the money.

All of this changed when I didn't get picked for a promotion. I was devastated beyond comprehension. Because, I did the work I finisehd every single thing they asked me too. But, I did it for the sake of getting things done for myself. This was one lesson I learned the hard way. I knew I was taking everything for granted. I changed in a way thay I enjoyed mentoring other people. Soon, I didn't dread coming to work knowing people were relying on me to teach them. I guess I found a purpose in what I do as person and not as an employee.

I'm glad you've found a new job man. Hopefully things look up for you. I cannot imagine myself not getting a paycheck for the next 3 months. I'd be homeless and would be selling all my keyboard stuff just to make rent and stay afloat.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 17 February 2017, 16:41:53 »
I always had this disposition in my career that I always had it worst than anybody else. This in turn changed my mentality to where I always envied other people. Like I bet he's getting paid more than me and he just started kind of thing. I was always self centered and had this mindset where everyone was just in it for the money.

All of this changed when I didn't get picked for a promotion. I was devastated beyond comprehension. Because, I did the work I finisehd every single thing they asked me too. But, I did it for the sake of getting things done for myself. This was one lesson I learned the hard way. I knew I was taking everything for granted. I changed in a way thay I enjoyed mentoring other people. Soon, I didn't dread coming to work knowing people were relying on me to teach them. I guess I found a purpose in what I do as person and not as an employee.

I'm glad you've found a new job man. Hopefully things look up for you. I cannot imagine myself not getting a paycheck for the next 3 months. I'd be homeless and would be selling all my keyboard stuff just to make rent and stay afloat.

The hierarchy is necessary because if everyone got paid the same, NO ONE would listen to the boss..  there would be no bosses,  and everyone would do their own thing..

This is a limitation to being human..   we slave ourselves to this money structure because in the end the returns of unity in labor is greater than the mild discomfort of servitude..

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 17 February 2017, 16:51:06 »
fff

I think it would be interesting to start a local lemonade stand.. or a hotdog stand.. would be kind of cool.. 

Was looking at those hotdog carts, some are pretty advanced,  and hobby friendly, lots of gadgets you could mess with..

Dood, dood, dood.  I live in Portland!  Of course I can run a food cart!  I'll be like Bob in Bob's Burgers!

« Last Edit: Fri, 17 February 2017, 16:59:20 by MaNiFeX »

Offline AuthenticDanger

« Reply #14 on: Fri, 17 February 2017, 16:55:25 »

It takes 2-4 weeks to get in the system and then another 2 to get your first check. All the while, you have to provide documentation showing that you're looking for a job. And your pay is at a fixed amount that depends on what you were previously making. It's certainly not a vacation.
F Keys belong on the left.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 17 February 2017, 17:00:09 »

It takes 2-4 weeks to get in the system and then another 2 to get your first check. All the while, you have to provide documentation showing that you're looking for a job. And your pay is at a fixed amount that depends on what you were previously making. It's certainly not a vacation.

It depends on the state..  some are slower/faster than the other.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 17 February 2017, 17:34:13 »
Well, i'm glad you will be stable at least. That is the big fear of being unemployed, especially when it's not out of choice, but I'm glad you are in a position where you are able to leave on your own terms and be relatively okay. Also you may even help your co-workers who are staying by freeing up some more money for wages/investment capital.

Another bonus of leaving on your own terms is that it's an easy story to tell in your next interview somewhere. Maybe not for the reference though...

Good luck on the job hunt, hope you find something fun and well paid!
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #17 on: Fri, 17 February 2017, 17:45:11 »

The hierarchy is necessary because if everyone got paid the same, NO ONE would listen to the boss..  there would be no bosses,  and everyone would do their own thing..

This is a limitation to being human..   we slave ourselves to this money structure because in the end the returns of unity in labor is greater than the mild discomfort of servitude..

In all honesty and this is just my experience so I am sure it does not apply to everything but as you go up, your pay goes up but people expect more **** from you which seems to cancel out the extra money. For me anyway

So when I was **** kicking, I was making probably 15 - 20K (dollerydoos, not USD) less than I am now.... BUT I would always leave work on time, always got a full lunch break, never came in on the weekends to get **** done (salary also so I get the same amount regardless of hours), never came in early, never had to organise **** which can be a ****ing headache in itself (by the way this is expected on top of daily job), was not expected to train and develop other people.

Now I never go home on time (minium 2 hours average extra a day, which can vary between 5 hours one day, on time the next, 3 hours next etc). I barely take a lunch break, if I do its sitting at ma battlestation whilst getting petty **** done. ****s expect me to drag my ass out of my office to show them how to do **** or give them jobs because they can't develop a routine on their own (and trust me we aren't controlling and encourage people to re-write the book so to speak).

thinking back now, I'd probably rather still be **** kicking for less because the time I am losing is really cancelling out the extra money. The only up-side is that I spend less because I don't really have time during the week the ebay and look for useless ****.

If anything I think the other people are better from a time/pay perspective. But in saying this I do enjoy working and there is some serious satisfaction when you make a plan and it comes together (lol).   

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #18 on: Fri, 17 February 2017, 20:34:15 »
Well, i'm glad you will be stable at least. That is the big fear of being unemployed, especially when it's not out of choice, but I'm glad you are in a position where you are able to leave on your own terms and be relatively okay. Also you may even help your co-workers who are staying by freeing up some more money for wages/investment capital.

Another bonus of leaving on your own terms is that it's an easy story to tell in your next interview somewhere. Maybe not for the reference though...

Good luck on the job hunt, hope you find something fun and well paid!

Yeah, my boss said he'd give me a good reference and welcome me back if things turn around for the company.  I have something lined up, leveraged a raise, but it will be more work for sure. 

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #19 on: Fri, 17 February 2017, 20:36:07 »

In all honesty and this is just my experience so I am sure it does not apply to everything but as you go up, your pay goes up but people expect more **** from you which seems to cancel out the extra money. For me anyway

So when I was **** kicking, I was making probably 15 - 20K (dollerydoos, not USD) less than I am now.... BUT I would always leave work on time, always got a full lunch break, never came in on the weekends to get **** done (salary also so I get the same amount regardless of hours), never came in early, never had to organise **** which can be a ****ing headache in itself (by the way this is expected on top of daily job), was not expected to train and develop other people.

Now I never go home on time (minium 2 hours average extra a day, which can vary between 5 hours one day, on time the next, 3 hours next etc). I barely take a lunch break, if I do its sitting at ma battlestation whilst getting petty **** done. ****s expect me to drag my ass out of my office to show them how to do **** or give them jobs because they can't develop a routine on their own (and trust me we aren't controlling and encourage people to re-write the book so to speak).

thinking back now, I'd probably rather still be **** kicking for less because the time I am losing is really cancelling out the extra money. The only up-side is that I spend less because I don't really have time during the week the ebay and look for useless ****.

If anything I think the other people are better from a time/pay perspective. But in saying this I do enjoy working and there is some serious satisfaction when you make a plan and it comes together (lol).

I ****ing love Aussies.  You guys know how to curse.  For real, though, I have two kids to provide for...  Making more usually means shoveling more ****.  I'm going from being a network engineer with the occasional work order and a project or two to running multiple projects, doing networking, storage, virtual infrastructure, and Windows domains.  Oh well, shouldn't complain, I'm working!

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #20 on: Fri, 17 February 2017, 21:33:54 »
I ****ing love Aussies.  You guys know how to curse.  For real, though, I have two kids to provide for...  Making more usually means shoveling more ****.  I'm going from being a network engineer with the occasional work order and a project or two to running multiple projects, doing networking, storage, virtual infrastructure, and Windows domains.  Oh well, shouldn't complain, I'm working!

Just make sure you're being paid in full this time with no promises of future opportunities that never come, anyone that makes empty promises aren't worth sh1t in real life no matter what they do.

Lucky I'm still with my old company and they have never held back on pay, expenses or bonuses so I remain 100% loyal to them.  Maybe it's an American thing for Companies to rip-off their employees now because that's premeditated sh1t won't go down to well here in Convict Town.  Not unless the bosses want to get shanked in the office with a stapler or letter opener.

Just find something you love to do and get paid for it, doesn't have to get more complicated than that.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #21 on: Fri, 17 February 2017, 21:36:22 »

Just make sure you're being paid in full this time with no promises of future opportunities that never come, anyone that makes empty promises aren't worth sh1t in real life no matter what they do.

Lucky I'm still with my old company and they have never held back on pay, expenses or bonuses so I remain 100% loyal to them.  Maybe it's an American thing for Companies to rip-off their employees now because that's premeditated sh1t won't go down to well here in Convict Town.  Not unless the bosses want to get shanked in the office with a stapler or letter opener.

Just find something you love to do and get paid for it, doesn't have to get more complicated than that.

Just to re-cap, did you just say that convict town if full of loyal people??? Or they're all loyal and that's why they'll shank you, just want to make sure I get this right. :D

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #22 on: Fri, 17 February 2017, 21:58:06 »

Just to re-cap, did you just say that convict town if full of loyal people??? Or they're all loyal and that's why they'll shank you, just want to make sure I get this right. :D

Just remember, if you hire a tradie to do a job, be sure to pay them and on time. I know a guy from years ago that worked for a small fencing company. They did a job for a guy that then refused to pay, they eventually went to the house, ripped out the fence and took it back with them. Then still insisted he pay for the job.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #23 on: Fri, 17 February 2017, 23:05:13 »
I'm telling ya'll

We should start a keyboard themed cafe.. 

Then all the females would want to come hang out with us.. 

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #24 on: Sat, 18 February 2017, 00:10:16 »
I'm telling ya'll

Then all the females would want to come hang out with us..  (Attachment Link)

I'm down if tp is the chef. No one knows more about rice than he does.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25 on: Sat, 18 February 2017, 00:43:51 »
I'm telling ya'll

Then all the females would want to come hang out with us..  (Attachment Link)

I'm down if tp is the chef. No one knows more about rice than he does.

been making rice milk in the vitamix lately..

You can feel the energy immediately..  an instant +10 to all your lifts.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #26 on: Sat, 18 February 2017, 05:20:41 »

Convict Town has full of people that will maim, torture or kill if you try to rip them off in any way.  Loyalty always comes at a price, so if you want it - got to earn it first before expecting any from complete strangers  :thumb: .

Offline jb1830

• @jonboulton
    • 1upkeyboards.com
« Reply #27 on: Sat, 18 February 2017, 06:29:24 »
That's a ****ty situation but you definitely did the right thing by leaving. Specially if you were able to line something else up. One thing I didn't see you mention in the OP was if you were still getting the money owed to you? I hope you discussed that with them and they should honestly pay you ASAP now that you're leaving. Also if you haven't already you should still file a complaint with the Department of Labor, it might take a while but they'll help get you your money. Best of luck!

IBM Model M            Fjell 002           Klippe            KC60           Planck

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #28 on: Sat, 18 February 2017, 07:08:20 »
-
« Last Edit: Sat, 18 February 2017, 08:22:12 by Findecanor »
🍉

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29 on: Sat, 18 February 2017, 09:11:08 »

Convict Town has full of people that will maim, torture or kill if you try to rip them off in any way.  Loyalty always comes at a price, so if you want it - got to earn it first before expecting any from complete strangers  :thumb: .

Hurd there was a serious biker meth problem in convict town..

Offline jal

• I can't believe it's not gravy!
« Reply #30 on: Sat, 18 February 2017, 09:34:14 »
That's rough, my sympathies. Hope things feel more stable soon.

In my experience, companies that can't make payroll are terrible credit risks. I have worked for promises before; once when I was young and dumb, and once as a calculated risk. Neither went well.

One thing to watch for is evidence of transfers to those at the top of the food chain. If they're taking money and not paying everyone else, run away screaming. It might not even be illegal.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #31 on: Sat, 18 February 2017, 11:33:25 »
-
To paraphrase what you said things are rough all over and could always be worse.

To OP I can totally relate to an employer not doing right by their employees. My problem has been not having much of an alternative to move on to.

And having a family to provide for does complicate things and makes me hesitant to just up and quit.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #32 on: Sat, 18 February 2017, 14:28:51 »

not as bad as united states krispy kreme problem.....wait that aint a problem

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #33 on: Sat, 18 February 2017, 14:33:50 »

There is no krispy kreme problem.    it's not even open everywhere....  not a widely proliferated store.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #34 on: Sat, 18 February 2017, 14:37:54 »

There is no krispy kreme problem.    it's not even open everywhere....  not a widely proliferated store.

um that sounds like a problem to me.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #35 on: Sat, 18 February 2017, 14:47:41 »

'Murica definitely has a fast food problem..   it's just not krispy kreme..

Mostly,   mcdonald / kfc / pizzahut / tacobell / subway / chipotle / wendy

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #36 on: Sat, 18 February 2017, 14:51:36 »

'Murica definitely has a fast food problem..   it's just not krispy kreme..

Mostly,   mcdonald / kfc / pizzahut / tacobell / subway / chipotle / wendy

your lack of kreme saturation is the problem not the fat issue.

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #37 on: Sat, 18 February 2017, 18:53:59 »
So you were able to line up another gig after quitting this one?  Well done.

Quite frankly, this boss sounds like they are taking advantage of their employees so they can sell the company for a bigger price down the line and get a bigger payoff.  They had an opportunity to pay their employees, but turned it down for the possibility of a larger future payoff, probably mostly for themselves.  You were right to get out of there.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #38 on: Sun, 19 February 2017, 11:58:14 »
That's a ****ty situation but you definitely did the right thing by leaving. Specially if you were able to line something else up. One thing I didn't see you mention in the OP was if you were still getting the money owed to you? I hope you discussed that with them and they should honestly pay you ASAP now that you're leaving. Also if you haven't already you should still file a complaint with the Department of Labor, it might take a while but they'll help get you your money. Best of luck!

For sure.  It's Oregon law that I need to be paid on my last day working, so they owe me 3 paychecks by my last day. If they don't pay, there's a daily penalty equal to my wages for 30 days after.  It's in their best interest to pay.  I called the Dept. of Labor before putting in my notice.  If they don't pay up, I'll immediately file a complaint.  In the current situation, I could file, but I'm giving them until my last day to file.  I have rent due soon, so if they don't pay, I'm a little screwed.  I start my new job with a signing bonus, though, so I should be able to make good on any of my financial responsibilities a week into March.

The whole situation sucks.  Spoke to my boss, he's looking as well.  He hasn't been paid since October!  I can't believe the CEO let the company get into this situation. 

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #39 on: Sun, 19 February 2017, 12:00:38 »

Quite frankly, this boss sounds like they are taking advantage of their employees so they can sell the company for a bigger price down the line and get a bigger payoff.  They had an opportunity to pay their employees, but turned it down for the possibility of a larger future payoff, probably mostly for themselves.  You were right to get out of there.

This is the exact situation.  Offered a decent valuation in September. CEO refused because he thought it was undervalued.  He's waiting on a big international deal to boost value to the VCs.  So instead of keeping his company viable, he's bankrolling it with employees unpaid salaries.  Once I found out the whole story, that was it.  Who uses employee wages as a bridge loan?  A bad CEO, that's who.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #40 on: Sun, 19 February 2017, 12:21:52 »

This is the exact situation.  Offered a decent valuation in September. CEO refused because he thought it was undervalued.  He's waiting on a big international deal to boost value to the VCs.  So instead of keeping his company viable, he's bankrolling it with employees unpaid salaries.  Once I found out the whole story, that was it.  Who uses employee wages as a bridge loan?  A bad CEO, that's who.

what company is this.. are they publically traded ?

Offline noobas4urus

• Mod Munky of another realm
    • The Mod Zoo
« Reply #41 on: Sun, 19 February 2017, 19:51:09 »
I was in a similar situation a few years ago.  Very small company, under ten employees, the owner/boss was building it up to sell the company.  One payday he said we hadn't gotten a check yet for one of our machines and that we would get paid when the check showed up (employees that had worked there longer said this had happened before).  I talked it over with another new hire and we both said we'd walk if we didn't get paid that day.  Out came the personal check book from the boss, but that was a huge red flag for me to start looking for something new.

Props to you for finding a new job and getting out.  It can be a hard choice, leaving behind friends and an enjoyable position.  Especially when you have others depending on you having to worry about if you'll get paid for the work you're doing is a huge stress burden.  If the CEO is willing to pull something like that, who knows what will happen down the road and how far along the can will get kicked before everyone gets paid.

Keep up the grind and much luck at the new job!
"You miss 100% of the raffles you don't enter."
-Wayne Gretzky

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #42 on: Sun, 19 February 2017, 20:50:26 »

I've read about similar situations on Quora and reddit.  Underpaid and overworked employees with a deceptive CEO that simply does not have the funds to pay the employees and keeps making broken promises.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #43 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 00:51:57 »

what company is this.. are they publically traded ?

Well, not publicly traded.  I'll let you know once I'm gone.

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #44 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 00:53:23 »
I was in a similar situation a few years ago.  Very small company, under ten employees, the owner/boss was building it up to sell the company.  One payday he said we hadn't gotten a check yet for one of our machines and that we would get paid when the check showed up (employees that had worked there longer said this had happened before).  I talked it over with another new hire and we both said we'd walk if we didn't get paid that day.  Out came the personal check book from the boss, but that was a huge red flag for me to start looking for something new.

Props to you for finding a new job and getting out.  It can be a hard choice, leaving behind friends and an enjoyable position.  Especially when you have others depending on you having to worry about if you'll get paid for the work you're doing is a huge stress burden.  If the CEO is willing to pull something like that, who knows what will happen down the road and how far along the can will get kicked before everyone gets paid.

Keep up the grind and much luck at the new job!

I've read about similar situations on Quora and reddit.  Underpaid and overworked employees with a deceptive CEO that simply does not have the funds to pay the employees and keeps making broken promises.

Thanks for the support, guys.  At this point, I just really want to get paid.  I saw the writing on the wall, got out when the getting is (hopefully) good.  I'll update as soon as I have more info.  PAY ME SEYMOUR! 

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #45 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 00:58:01 »

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #46 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 01:11:44 »
I saw the writing on the wall, got out when the getting is (hopefully) good.  I'll update as soon as I have more info.  PAY ME SEYMOUR!

If I was you son, head on down to your former workplace with a loaded AR-15 and discuss it full blast on your former boss.

After you cheddar-cheese the scum-bag finish off the place with 20kgs of ANFO. Where I work, we get at least 150 of these bags shipped to us every week so if one goes missing, no great deal of suspicion especially since I'm in charge of the books.

When you go for revenge always serve it sky high into oblivion, for all Rip-off merchants to take note.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #47 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 01:13:26 »
I saw the writing on the wall, got out when the getting is (hopefully) good.  I'll update as soon as I have more info.  PAY ME SEYMOUR!

If I was you son, head on down to your former workplace with a loaded AR-15 and discuss it full blast on your former boss.

After you cheddar-cheese the scum-bag finish off the place with 20kgs of ANFO. Where I work, we get at least 150 of these bags shipped to us every week so if one goes missing, no great deal of suspicion especially since I'm in charge of the books.

When you go for revenge always serve it sky high into oblivion, for all Rip-off merchants to take note.

Reported to ASIO

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #48 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 01:17:00 »

Reported to ASIO

BRRRRAAAAAPPPPP.  Told you *****es to pay up.  BRAP BRAP BRAP. 

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #49 on: Tue, 21 February 2017, 13:38:38 »
Update.  They will pay me out on my last day of work, as I'm owed by law.  Let's see if they can get me money any sooner.  Wish me luck!

MaNiFeX