Author Topic: TENS device removes chronic pain?! WOOHOO!  (Read 3181 times)

Offline Digit

• today, a keyboard. tmro, a spaceship.
TENS device removes chronic pain?! WOOHOO!
« on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 23:38:25 »
(as shared on diaspora a moment ago ~ just directly pasted here. [edit - with PS edits])

gotta tell someone. if you #suffer #chronicpain or perhaps #physicalpain or #pain of any kind, may i #suggest buying even just a cheap basic #TENS device. over 2 decades of physical pains, gone. utterly astonishing. you might think it unbelievable. i urge you, if you, or anyone you know, suffers ongoing pain from physical (or other?) ailments, give TENS a go.

i am just back from a ONE HOUR walk. and not 1 hour because i was at my usual slow staggered pained shuffle speed. i actually walked around the whole block (and that’s a country block, not a little town/city block). effectively NO PAIN.
i havnt been able to walk that far, that painless, not just in years, but in DECADES! :.D

been crying tears of joy for most of the first half of the walk. then tried to compose myself, so as not to get dehydrated. lol.

it’s like … pfff, i cant do justice to what it’s like. the world revealed a-new. all that time in that much pain, its hard to take in anything. pain becomes so large it’s like it occupies all you can perceive, right from periphery to focussed centre.

i got the TENS device to help build my muscles, since thanks to my many physical & psychological ailments, i’ve lost a lot of muscle mass, just rotting away in my room getting no exercise. i had no idea it was going to have any effect on my pain. i actually expected it to add to my mountain of pain. VERY pleasantly surprised to find out the contrary is true. a VERY VERY welcome unexpected side effect.

not since i discovered cannabis in 1999, has anything made such an impact on my ailments.

so again, i encourage you:

If you suffer ongoing physical pain, try a TENS device. even just a cheap one from ebay like i did.
If you know anyone suffering ongoing physical pain, have them try a TENS device.

I’m not making an promises, I cant say if it will work for you/them like it has for me, with any certainty at all. But it is DEFINITELY worth trying.
I’m not a Doctor… and frankly, that should lend some credibility to my suggestion. those puppets of big pharma dont often do much of worth, while pushing toxic palliatives.

Give it a try.
Get a TENS device. y’know, one of those muscle zapper things.

:.)

P.S.
even with the device off since i got back many minutes ago... the pain that's creeping back is barely perceptable.  ... comparatively.   :)   srsly, this obliterated over 90% of my pain.  :)
+
i've no idea if it's actually gonna do anything for my muscles yet, in itself.  ... but since it's restored my ability to walk, i think that will do benefits for my muscles.  :)
« Last Edit: Fri, 26 May 2017, 23:57:18 by Digit »
if ignorance is bliss, give me agony.
~~~~~~~ let there be hemp ~~~~~~~
spaceships for everyone.  solves all.

Offline Kavik

Re: TENS device removes chronic pain?! WOOHOO!
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 27 May 2017, 17:30:40 »
What kind of pain did you have? My wife has chronic abdominal pain caused by a combination of autoimmune diseases that persists even though her diseases are being effectively treated. She's been considering a spinal nerve stimulation implant, but this might be a good thing to try first since it's non-invasive.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 27 May 2017, 18:24:38 »
TENS?

Sounds familiar…

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 28 May 2017, 17:59:38 »
I prefer a nice steamy Epson salt bath but different strokes for different folks I guess. Giertz <3
Chris Schammert

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 28 May 2017, 18:15:49 »
I used a shock device for my wrists. Wore it for an hour every day for about two weeks as suggested and it didn't do anything at all. In fact, it may have made my tendons even more sore. The Healthmate Forever that was a top seller on Amazon - another wasted monies on snake oil.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 31 May 2017, 16:39:59 »
I used a shock device for my wrists. Wore it for an hour every day for about two weeks as suggested and it didn't do anything at all. In fact, it may have made my tendons even more sore. The Healthmate Forever that was a top seller on Amazon - another wasted monies on snake oil.

But did you get rippling abs like in the exercise belt commercials.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 31 May 2017, 19:13:49 »

But did you get rippling abs like in the exercise belt commercials.

that only works if you already have abs, the pulses help just to MAINTAIN them. Not build new muscle.

Offline Digit

• today, a keyboard. tmro, a spaceship.
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 02 July 2017, 09:42:24 »
glorious as it was, i've become wary of using it.

it doesnt fix anything.  it just reduces pain signal.

so when i've been going out for walks with it (not nearly as often as you might imagine from my initial ecstasy), i get to walk gung-ho, and do, but boy howdy does the pain catch up with me eventually, with interest.

"I NEED MY PAIN" - James T. Kirk

need it to inform.  to inform when i'm overdoing some action or activity, or when not doing something i should.  it's an imperfect, incomplete and at times intolerable adviser, but not having it? no way.  way to get rid of pain is to fix what's causing the pain, not block it out, as that's just accumulating more of the problem for an even harder time dealing with it later.  need to know when i'm pinching off this bit or that from my posture fail.

well... it was nice.
and is nice to know it's there for me still.
but i've come down from that delusional honeymoon cloud of ecstasy now.

i should also learn some trick to heat up the conductive gel, since it kinda sets off my raynauds, n i've grown quite an aversion to cold things from that over the years.  so that also contributes to the impediment of actually getting it on for helping me go for a walk to get some exercises n work on undoing that desperately poor health predicament.
if ignorance is bliss, give me agony.
~~~~~~~ let there be hemp ~~~~~~~
spaceships for everyone.  solves all.

Offline mrduul

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 02 July 2017, 23:15:48 »
tens is amazing!

Offline hoggy

• * Ergonomics Moderator
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 03 July 2017, 01:42:10 »
Tens didn't work for me, but I'm really pleased for you. Sounds like you're ready for a new you.
GH Ergonomic Guide (in progress)
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54680.0

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 01 August 2019, 07:23:55 »
My wife uses a TENS device for neck/back pain, helps her a lot

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 01 August 2019, 10:57:16 »
WTF