Author Topic: You're listening to white noise.  (Read 3099 times)

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
You're listening to white noise.
« on: Fri, 16 June 2017, 13:15:26 »
Or aren't you? I'm referring of course to Dave Clarke's outstanding techno/electro radio show on RTE FM. Download podcasts here: http://www.rte.ie/2fm/white-noise/

I've been listening since 2011 and I was wondering if there are other techno/electro fans out there that also listen to it :) .
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline Findecanor

Re: You're listening to white noise.
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 16 June 2017, 13:19:01 »
I have been listening to a high-pitched hiss since a Depeche Mode concert in 2006.
🍉

Offline scwoopz

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 16 June 2017, 13:39:43 »
I have been listening to a high-pitched hiss since a Depeche Mode concert in 2006.
you, sir, have tinnitus.
ortho or shmortho

Offline Sniping

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 16 June 2017, 18:32:49 »
^ lmao

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 16 June 2017, 19:26:26 »
you, sir, have tinnitus.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaha

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 17 June 2017, 05:56:51 »
I have to listen to white noise all day at work with a load of huge aircon units running behind me 24.7...
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 17 June 2017, 08:12:35 »
I have to listen to white noise all day at work with a load of huge aircon units running behind me 24.7...

/LifeMethlab

Offline dante

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 17 June 2017, 15:13:57 »
In my teens I'd listen to Erasure, Front 242, and early Ministry (at their best IMHO) and was happy with that - but the golden years for Electronic music was between 1999-2003.

Yes there is good music still being put out but in those few years the quality was highly concentrated.

Offline ANightOnCloudNine

« Reply #8 on: Sat, 17 June 2017, 18:45:42 »
white noise? like country, metal, punk and electronic?

Offline Otesanek

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 18 June 2017, 18:03:48 »
I can't sleep without it

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Offline Altis

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 18 June 2017, 19:01:21 »
Or aren't you? I'm referring of course to Dave Clarke's outstanding techno/electro radio show on RTE FM. Download podcasts here: http://www.rte.ie/2fm/white-noise/

I've been listening since 2011 and I was wondering if there are other techno/electro fans out there that also listen to it :) .

I always took you for a SomaFM guy.  :cool:
WhiteFox (Gateron Brown) -- Realforce 87U 45g -- Realforce 104UG (Hi Pro 45g) -- Realforce 108US 30g JIS -- HHKB Pro 2 -- IBM Model M ('90) -- IBM Model M SSK ('87) -- NMB RT-101 & RT-8255C+ (Hi-Tek Space Invaders) -- Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blue Alps) -- KPT-102 (KPT Alps) -- KUL ES-87 (62/65g Purple Zealios) -- CM QFR (MX Red) -- Apple Aluminum BT -- Realforce 23u Numpad -- Logitech K740 -- QSENN DT-35 -- Zenith Z-150 (Green Alps)

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 19 June 2017, 00:38:14 »

What are that? XD
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline killiah

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 19 June 2017, 04:08:45 »
i like noises, hahha

Offline zombimuncha

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 19 June 2017, 05:17:35 »

I have a background-noise type app that I use with isolating earphones to block out the distracting chatter at the office. The air-con noise is the best one.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 19 June 2017, 22:23:13 »

Are you sure that's not Justin something taking over the air waves?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Altis

« Reply #15 on: Wed, 21 June 2017, 12:35:49 »

What are that? XD

Internet radio that's been around forever. They have a bunch of stations, most notably "Groove Salad".

Nothing like bit of SomaFM and some vintage keyboarding.  :cool:
WhiteFox (Gateron Brown) -- Realforce 87U 45g -- Realforce 104UG (Hi Pro 45g) -- Realforce 108US 30g JIS -- HHKB Pro 2 -- IBM Model M ('90) -- IBM Model M SSK ('87) -- NMB RT-101 & RT-8255C+ (Hi-Tek Space Invaders) -- Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blue Alps) -- KPT-102 (KPT Alps) -- KUL ES-87 (62/65g Purple Zealios) -- CM QFR (MX Red) -- Apple Aluminum BT -- Realforce 23u Numpad -- Logitech K740 -- QSENN DT-35 -- Zenith Z-150 (Green Alps)

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 22 June 2017, 16:42:12 »
Sometimes, the shop fan plays Fury Of The Storm. Shop fan is haunted. Please send help
Chris Schammert

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 17:22:36 »

Frankly, we were doing stuff like that back in the '80s with Moog synthesizers, where you connected the modules with phono cables.

The hardware's progressed, but esthetically it seems as though musicians still have a lot in common with switchboard operators.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg