Author Topic: Tom Clancy’s The Division  (Read 1638 times)

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
Tom Clancy’s The Division
« on: Sun, 01 October 2017, 05:44:35 »
I’m hook to this game. Anyone still playing?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: Tom Clancy’s The Division
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 01 October 2017, 08:32:46 »
Not everyone is Super Rich like Belfong with his 780 gtx and $5000 hookers every night.

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 01 October 2017, 19:17:37 »
Wut? This game have no hookers!

Offline nugglets

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 02 October 2017, 11:48:36 »
I loved this game on release. Excellent gunplay, good story, smooth gameplay... then it all fell apart with glitches and exploits for loot. If you didn't jump on them, you were going to be at a huge disadvantage to those who did. No one was ever punished for exploiting, so there was no inventive not to and so the entire game turned into speed running the exploits for loot  before they got patched and it just killed any interest I had.

I tried going back to it a few months back and it was still kinda fun, but they were still doing that thing where every month or two they completely nerf what used to be good and then make something else OP in the process. They seem completely incapable of balancing the combinations of skills, weapon perks and builds possible and so you're constantly on a new gear grind for no particular reason.

Which is all really too bad because I thoroughly enjoyed the DZ, one of my favorite pvp experiences in a very long time. I want to love The Division but it's just been handled poorly despite being a great game at it's core.

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 02 October 2017, 20:16:04 »
I have not ventured into the DZ and I am just soloing away. I think any multiplayer game would be ruin by those l33t playars and in my case, I prefer to enjoy the game in solo. The Division have extremely good solo experience. The world is beautifully crafted. The story is great. And if I feel like playing coop, Automatching is very simple and fast. So yeah, I think DZ will ruin it, but that's not a big part of the game to me.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 02 October 2017, 20:28:33 »
I have not ventured into the DZ and I am just soloing away. I think any multiplayer game would be ruin by those l33t playars and in my case, I prefer to enjoy the game in solo. The Division have extremely good solo experience. The world is beautifully crafted. The story is great. And if I feel like playing coop, Automatching is very simple and fast. So yeah, I think DZ will ruin it, but that's not a big part of the game to me.

Same here.  I don't play enough to get good at the game.

Offline nugglets

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 02 October 2017, 20:40:02 »

Ya, the leveling experience is awesome. But after that... there's really not a lot else to do alone. I mean they added that underground thing you can do, and there's the daily missions... I dunno, to each their own. But the "end game" just totally killed it for me unfortunately, because it really is a great game otherwise.

Offline 9999hp

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 02 October 2017, 22:35:55 »
I didn't know there were still people playing this game. That said, I had a blast playing this game. In pve and in the DZ. Unfortunately, with the low population the DZ loot runs get somewhat repetitive, but the game was one of my favorite 3rd person shooters. I really enjoyed the mix of rpg elements and modern/futuristic weaponry.