Author Topic: Tp4 used to fantasize about females  (Read 8429 times)

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
Re: Tp4 used to fantasize about females
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 07:50:56 »

50 Shades of Grey is a best seller among women and you think THIS is what keeps the majority of us away?

// Scratches chin.. //Thinking face..

- Are you Sure ??

I think she is more of an expert on women than any of the rest of us...
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
  • on Buckling Springs since '88
    • http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com
« Reply #51 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 08:22:42 »
Also, fried chicken and waffles is what you get at 'American' restaurants in japan. Strangely, I have never actually seen this offered anywhere in America before.
It's in the category of 'soul food' so you have to go where they serve that.  Took me a few years before I heard of it, but definitely not appealing to me.
Sounds like a weird carnival food to me :P I could totally see this at a carnival, next to the stand selling deep fried oreos.

Love me some fried chicken though, and love me some waffles, with as much butter as syrup to offset the sweetness... but never at the same time. So strange...
Ahh, this just reminds me of the Wisconsin State Fair--so many weird things to eat, so little time, money, and stomach.  I think there was chicken and waffles every where we turned, along with anything you want deep fried or made into something else edible.  A must see if you're in WI in August.  :thumb:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #52 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 08:31:35 »

50 Shades of Grey is a best seller among women and you think THIS is what keeps the majority of us away?

- Are you Sure ??

I've always viewed leslieann as one of -the boys-  because she's in IT..

I've never seen ANY generic girlie-girl females in IT.. not a 1..

Even in Compsci during college,   most of the females in that had fathers who were either IT, or Engi, fathers who played diablo //WOW..

I even remember a very distinct conversation about it softmore year..

One of the nerd buddies got a new girlfriend, who was quite the looker, and he was bragging showing us the picture on his phone..

And , then nerd buddy 2 showed up , and was like, yea she's hot,  but my girlfriend plays Everquest,    and we were all like.. OMG.. you lucky sunavabb..

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #53 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 09:05:22 »

- Are you Sure ??

I've always viewed leslieann as one of -the boys-  because she's in IT..

I've never seen ANY generic girlie-girl females in IT.. not a 1..

Even in Compsci during college,   most of the females in that had fathers who were either IT, or Engi, fathers who played diablo //WOW..

I even remember a very distinct conversation about it softmore year..

One of the nerd buddies got a new girlfriend, who was quite the looker, and he was bragging showing us the picture on his phone..

And , then nerd buddy 2 showed up , and was like, yea she's hot,  but my girlfriend plays Everquest,    and we were all like.. OMG.. you lucky sunavabb..

Yeah, I dunno what happened in the last 30 years.  There weren't any attractive women into all the computers and stuff like that back in the day (the mid-1980s), so I always kept my true passions on the downlow.  And then BAM!  For some reason now there's hotties hanging out and doing all the same cool stuff I used to do for the last few generations.  What a ripoff!

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #54 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 09:26:01 »

you think THIS is what keeps the majority of us away?

Yeah, I dunno what happened in the last 30 years.  There weren't any attractive women into all the computers and stuff like that back in the day (the mid-1980s), so I always kept my true passions on the downlow.

And then BAM!  For some reason now there's hotties hanging out and doing all the same cool stuff I used to do for the last few generations.  What a ripoff!

Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #55 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 09:49:59 »

Yeah, I dunno what happened in the last 30 years.  There weren't any attractive women into all the computers and stuff like that back in the day (the mid-1980s), so I always kept my true passions on the downlow.  And then BAM!  For some reason now there's hotties hanging out and doing all the same cool stuff I used to do for the last few generations.  What a ripoff!

It's still a miniscule percentage..

I live near a college town,  and very generally there are still very few attractive females in Compsci..

But, you know, they're female,  and they play LOL, so.. can't complain, it is what it is.

Statistically speaking..   Assuming BMI @ < 25 is considered "Generally Attractive"

there are only 40 such females age 20-29..  PER 100 males..

Since most of these wouldn't be in compsci,  well... we don't have that many to pick from.

Not blaming the females, the guys side of the equation is even worse, 

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #56 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 11:15:13 »
Statistically speaking..   Assuming BMI @ < 25 is considered "Generally Attractive"

Since most of these wouldn't be in compsci,  well... we don't have that many to pick from.

So even if narrowing down the 40 by 10% to 4 for 100, those 4 were 4 more than existed back in my day.  You'd be lucky if there was one that was interested in you.

An actress friend of mine (Mona Amein) always talks about feeling like she was born at the wrong time since there's much more technology to connect people for the last 2 generations.  I kinda feel that way about the whole 'females that understand the technical male'--there's so many more now then ever were before, and if I was born at another time...

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #57 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 11:27:16 »

So even if narrowing down the 40 by 10% to 4 for 100, those 4 were 4 more than existed back in my day.  You'd be lucky if there was one that was interested in you.

An actress friend of mine (Mona Amein) always talks about feeling like she was born at the wrong time since there's much more technology to connect people for the last 2 generations.  I kinda feel that way about the whole 'females that understand the technical male'--there's so many more now then ever were before, and if I was born at another time...

You might be @ a lucky area/company..  Because.. well...

//Crys silently..

181649-0

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #58 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 14:55:40 »
When I was in college and studied comp-sci, even though there were some really attractive and approachable women there ... I was also shy nerd who didn't have a clue and didn't engage in college's social life.
🍉