Author Topic: Final version of my Atreus keyboards  (Read 5769 times)

Offline prod

Final version of my Atreus keyboards
« on: Sun, 26 November 2017, 07:56:49 »
I am a 40%keyboard fan from China.
182815-0
Especially love the Atreus designed by Phil Hagelberg,About 2 years ago,after I asked the designer Phil Hagelberg for his approval,I started make my own Atreus keyboard
like Atreus Ver.Kimera﹡https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=80383

Atreus2tap(42 program keys,base on pro micro,but use independent USB mini)
182823-1

Atreus2tap+(except for 62 program keys other like Atreus2tap)
182825-2

Atreus62 Ver.Kimera﹡(with 16RGB on the bottom of PCB.In fact it have a control wheel,so it has totly 64 program keys,and have a 2x key can be split base on my own usage habit.Its also first time I try 3D pritnt case).
182817-3182819-4
182821-5182827-6

After trying these kinds of similar Atreus layout,I design this keyboard according to my own usage.It will be the final version of my Atreus keyboards.
182837-7

Here is profile:
1.AKB48(Atreus Keyboard 48,just a coincidence) base on Phil Hagelberg’s Atreus,I design this layout according to my own usage. The case is carbon fibre and acrylic sandwich case with a diffuser plate in second bottom(all my keyboard use carbon fibre and acrylic sandwich case because it cheap and convenience to me.)
182835-8

2.The pcb designed by yangdigi,both the software and hardware.The pcb use 32U2 as controller,firmware is “litetmk”(which has streamlined and enhanced base on TMK by yangdigi, and focusing on the user experience, It's not all done yet),it support most 8 layers.
182829-9182831-10

3.Use YD Keymap Builder to programm, the visualize builder support direct push a button on your keyboard corresponding to edit, also support using the mouse to choose from the alternative buttons, FN, multimedia, and the light only supports with the mouse to choose from the alternative buttons.
182833-11

4.It has a very funny mode named “fire mode”,which can setup in YD Keymap Builder.Current support Numbers 0 to 9 and letter A to Z, left mouse button, F5, etc. After setting up, hold down the key, and the actual effect will be to click the key continuously. Maybe some app or game will need it,it can be set up in a single layer.

5.This keyboard flash by optimized “flash drive Bootloarder”:
182839-12
(1)Edit the firmware at YD Keymap Builder online and download a .bin file.
(2)Press ESC when the keyboard plugged in to a computer, the computer will appear a flash drive called AKB48 and two 1.5x keys led will start blinking, copy the (1)download .bin file into the flash drive and cover the old file, right-click pop-up flash drive or press ESC to exit the flash mode.
(3)If want change the layer,you can re-enter bl and upload the .Bin file into YD Keymap Builder to change it.
(4)tip:This “flash drive Bootloarder” is not really a flash drive, so don't try to keep a few small secrets inside.

6.The PCB bottom have 15 RGB Led ,totly have 25 light modes and continue to increase.
182841-13

﹡Kimera core is some kind of keyboard controller use atmel 32U4 microcontroller and two I/O controllers. both the software and hardware are design by kai1103 ,the software is written base on Tmk frame.
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 November 2017, 23:48:57 by prod »
Chicory|YDPv2(BLUP)|BLE40|Daisy|YDPM|YD40w|Golbat

Offline iller_k

Re: Some Atreus I made and the final version of my Atreus keyboards
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 26 November 2017, 08:20:11 »
Gorgeous, Pal!

Offline hging

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 26 November 2017, 08:58:49 »
let me see.
i like Daisy40%
hhhhhhhhh

Offline prod

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 30 November 2017, 23:01:25 »
let me see.
i like Daisy40%
hhhhhhhhh

;D ;D ;D
Chicory|YDPv2(BLUP)|BLE40|Daisy|YDPM|YD40w|Golbat

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
Re: Final version of my Atreus keyboards
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 23:14:55 »
I am a 40%keyboard fan from China... Especially love the Atreus designed by Phil Hagelberg,About 2 years ago,after I asked the designer Phil Hagelberg for his approval,I started make my own Atreus keyboard...

Wow!! These are beautiful.  做得好! 我真的很佩服你.  你会生产更多这些? 如果是这样,我想你会在这里有一些客户。
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline dustpuppy

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 01 February 2018, 08:34:20 »
Looks very cool. I’m a fan of the original atreus and I built one with stainless steel plates. Just curious, what made you add another column on the sides and not another row like the Atreus62 ? In fact I understand the motivation, personally on my ergodox, I cannot easily reach the “numbers” row, so I never use it (and I have a virtual keypad on a layer anyway). However my pinkys can easily reach on the side, so I understand the extra columns on the side.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 01 February 2018, 09:06:11 »
It's unfortunate that you chose the name AKB48 for your final Atreus keyboard design. Google thinks it is a Japanese girl group! :))
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 02 February 2018, 17:54:33 »
It's unfortunate that you chose the name AKB48 for your final Atreus keyboard design. Google thinks it is a Japanese girl group! :))

But dude, maybe that's why he named it that? Why wouldn't you name a keeb after four babes like these?

187763-0
« Last Edit: Fri, 02 February 2018, 18:21:53 by ander »
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 02 February 2018, 18:28:19 »

But dude, maybe that's why he named it that? Why wouldn't you name a keeb after four babes like these?

(Attachment Link)

At least 25 of the 100 members are kind of homely looking.. bout 10/100 is top tier, the rest are just average cake faces.

It should be kept to smaller groups like SNSD/ AOA

That way you only keep the better looking ones.

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 05 February 2018, 04:09:26 »
At least 25 of the 100 members are kind of homely looking.. bout 10/100 is top tier, the rest are just average cake faces...

No. These are cake faces: