Author Topic: EliteKeyboards?  (Read 4715 times)

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
EliteKeyboards?
« on: Mon, 18 March 2019, 11:56:56 »
Did they go out of business? Everything is out of stock on their website..

Offline Sniping

Re: EliteKeyboards?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 18 March 2019, 12:05:26 »
kind of looking like they're starting to close their doors, I sent an email not too long ago with no response.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 18 March 2019, 14:29:49 »
It says that the connection is not private. Yep, i think they're closing their doors.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 20 March 2019, 21:09:55 »
That's a shame, I have heard only good things about them.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Sniping

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 21 March 2019, 00:08:19 »

except for that one piss fight that happened on gh

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 21 March 2019, 09:46:11 »

With who,  and who won?

Offline Sniping

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 21 March 2019, 11:34:57 »

With who,  and who won?

as i remember it it was brian from ek and someone else? i think it was something about how EK was supposed to be an exclusive US topre dealer or something and massdrop started dropping realforce keyboards. don't quote me on this one.
i'll miss the clack raffles for sure.

edit: ah, i've found it. https://geekhack.org/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=9836 and scroll down to the posts regarding the FC660c. Right below the post where I was quoted. The deal was that EK was supposed to distribute the Leopold FC660C upon release but some kid organized a group buy on GH. I remember being super excited to be one of the first ones to try the all new Leopold topre keyboard. Good times for sure.
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 March 2019, 11:39:52 by Sniping »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 21 March 2019, 20:57:56 »

With who,  and who won?

as i remember it it was brian from ek and someone else? i think it was something about how EK was supposed to be an exclusive US topre dealer or something and massdrop started dropping realforce keyboards. don't quote me on this one.
i'll miss the clack raffles for sure.

edit: ah, i've found it. https://geekhack.org/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=9836 and scroll down to the posts regarding the FC660c. Right below the post where I was quoted. The deal was that EK was supposed to distribute the Leopold FC660C upon release but some kid organized a group buy on GH. I remember being super excited to be one of the first ones to try the all new Leopold topre keyboard. Good times for sure.

That was about a year after Rowdy joined - a long time ago, and probably didn't notice at the time anyway.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ