Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
Re: Clack
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 24 June 2013, 21:43:01 »
Hhhahahhah f'kn weak!

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 24 June 2013, 21:49:44 »
please be a joke

Offline calavera

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 24 June 2013, 22:03:03 »
thats just disgusting. tsk tsk

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 24 June 2013, 22:21:47 »
So it's a shame if you auction them on ebay, but if you tell a sob story and auction them on GH it's somehow better? I don't quite understand
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline calavera

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 24 June 2013, 22:34:56 »
If it wasn't considered thread crapping I'd say this to every auction going on here.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 24 June 2013, 22:35:37 »
auctioning clacks off anywhere for personal gain is wrong..

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 24 June 2013, 22:46:14 »
It's Topre too :)

But waaay too expensive :eek:
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 00:34:47 »

It's inevitable.  They are a desired item [for whatever reason], so people will keep trying to make as much money off them as possible.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline elttaboi

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 00:51:12 »
will anyone buy it? that is the question.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 03:14:36 »
If someone actually buys this I'm pretty sure it's one of the signs of the coming apocalypse.

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 30 June 2013, 22:04:57 »
20hrs remaining with zero bids, lol.

You just know one bid is going to slip in at the last second. I do agree though that $165 is a bit high. Unless this is the clack that will forever complete your life :)

Offline jabar

« Reply #12 on: Sun, 30 June 2013, 22:30:09 »
and selling them for 5x+ initial cost isn't?
Leopold FC660C - Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 - Ducky DK9008 Shine II 78 Edition - Noppoo Choc Mini - Cherry G80-2100HDD - Cherry G80-8113HDPUS - Plu-M87 - Leopold FC700R Ergo Clears - Deck Legend Frost 105 - IBM F PC Keyboard - IBM M 122 (Lexmark) - Apple Extended Keyboard II

Phantom 7bit

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #13 on: Sun, 30 June 2013, 22:31:36 »

That's what I don't understand... Many of those special keys go for a LOT of money on the classifieds.  Easily over $100 for a single key.  There's an auction on the classifieds with a plastic key going for over $200!

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 03:58:26 »

That's what I don't understand... Many of those special keys go for a LOT of money on the classifieds.  Easily over $100 for a single key.  There's an auction on the classifieds with a plastic key going for over $200!

People collect all kinds of things.

And some clacks are very rare.
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 July 2013, 04:02:09 by SpAmRaY »

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 06:59:24 »
No I mean it seems to be okay to sell them here for high prices, but not okay to sell them on eBay for high prices... where only people who are probably already registered on GH / Deskthority / similar would be buying them.  Because who else is going to spend over $100 on one keycap?  It's the same thing, but eBay offers seller protection, so some opt to go there.

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #16 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 07:59:18 »
OP is that your clack? asking this cause after you posted you disappeared....
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 08:00:34 »
P.S.: $10 "economy" shipping  for one plastic cap :p  :))

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 09:58:05 »
Whenever CC runs out of money, he just puts up one of these and scam one of you saps...

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #19 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 10:00:06 »
True rarity is something that's either resource intenstive to produce, or Low existence in nature of certain raw materials..

A CC is neither... THEREFORE it's a scam if you guys are paying rare-item prices for it...

It has no historical value, it has not aesthetic breakthrough, it's a skull people, emo-kids wearing hot topic tshirts..

Offline gnubag

« Reply #20 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 13:14:37 »
True rarity is something that's either resource intenstive to produce, or Low existence in nature of certain raw materials..

A CC is neither... THEREFORE it's a scam if you guys are paying rare-item prices for it...

It has no historical value, it has not aesthetic breakthrough, it's a skull people, emo-kids wearing hot topic tshirts..

or it is a niche product, which it is. if you want to buy one is up to you.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #21 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 13:22:39 »
Whenever CC runs out of money, he just puts up one of these and scam one of you saps...

Personally, I wouldn't mind.  At least he'd be the one making money off of the ridiculous mark up instead of some of the people who buy them to flip them or sell them at a ridiculous mark up. 

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #22 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 14:07:25 »
If only it was mx
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos

Offline gnubag

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #25 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 16:06:41 »
That one just came out because someone posted here in the threads that he is looking for that keycap, and would you look at that.... someone selling the pot clack with asking price $200, little later after the guy posted on GH...
You got to love greedy people... here is the thread where this guy is looking for the pot clack http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=45339.new#new
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline SeriouSSpotS

• 60% is love, 60% is life
« Reply #26 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 16:07:04 »
Oh wow :))
QFR - MX black   |   Poker X - Panda Clears   |   Poker 2 - MX blue

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #27 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 16:15:23 »
That one just came out because someone posted here in the threads that he is looking for that keycap, and would you look at that.... someone selling the pot clack with asking price $200, little later after the guy posted on GH...
You got to love greedy people... here is the thread where this guy is looking for the pot clack http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=45339.new#new

I have nothing against people who sell their Clack's at a higher price upfront but when you go to ebay and sell it at a "buy it now" price without a bidding option with that kind of timing, it kind of shows that they realize their actions and don't want to expose themselves... If they didn't care to expose themselves as the seller they'd just post it in the classifieds or PM the person looking for one.

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
« Reply #28 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 16:17:03 »
Hey, I've  just inherited a large amount of money from an uncle who passed away, and I want to buy a complete set of clacks.

(starts watching eBay for the $10,000 BIN price for a complete set). Actually,  out of curiosity,  what do guys think a complete set would sell for?

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #29 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 16:19:06 »
Hey, I've  just inherited a large amount of money from an uncle who passed away, and I want to buy a complete set of clacks.

(starts watching eBay for the $10,000 BIN price for a complete set). Actually,  out of curiosity,  what do guys think a complete set would sell for?

A full set would be really uncomfortable to type on (if you talking about the skulls). A blank set from CC would be amazing tho

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #30 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 16:21:29 »

A full set would be really uncomfortable to type on (if you talking about the skulls). A blank set from CC would be amazing tho

I've never actually owned a blank CC, are they like GMK or thick PBT's, or are they like CC's with the super thick tops? I can't imagine how amazing they'd feel on a linear switch keyboard O_o

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #31 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 16:28:48 »

I've never actually owned a blank CC, are they like GMK or thick PBT's, or are they like CC's with the super thick tops? I can't imagine how amazing they'd feel on a linear switch keyboard O_o

They're like his skull without the skull part. I think they would be amazing, but then again, I don't have a full set of blanks to test it out on either

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
« Reply #32 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 16:33:53 »

I mean a complete set of one of each clack key ever released.  Not to use,  of course,  because they need to be kept mint (collector mentality). I've collected things in the past (one sheet movie posters, first edition hardcovers), so I know how that fever can grip someone. Surprising to find it here,  but it's just human nature,  I guess.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #33 on: Tue, 02 July 2013, 09:22:59 »

I mean a complete set of one of each clack key ever released.  Not to use,  of course,  because they need to be kept mint (collector mentality). I've collected things in the past (one sheet movie posters, first edition hardcovers), so I know how that fever can grip someone. Surprising to find it here,  but it's just human nature,  I guess.

I don't think the New in Box collectors mentality is human nature at all...

We are all programed in certain ways from birth to adulthood.

All young children break open boxes and play with the toys..

Only when they become stupid adults do they start puting things in boxes and continue to buy things with near zero utility...

Offline Chirple

« Reply #34 on: Tue, 02 July 2013, 17:14:24 »
I don't get it. Can't just any schmuck with a 3d printer make this? I'm having trouble understanding the value.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #35 on: Tue, 02 July 2013, 17:16:24 »
I don't get it. Can't just any schmuck with a 3d printer make this? I'm having trouble understanding the value.

Different materiel, different process. 3D printers are cool, but I doubt you could print something with this kind of quality

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
« Reply #36 on: Tue, 02 July 2013, 17:22:06 »
Nothing is intrinsically valuable, not even an Ergodox. It is only valuable because someone desires it. If it's a thing for which there is less supply than demand, it becomes more  valuable to that group. Apparently, the artistry and execution of the clack keys is exceptional, so to those who prize key caps,  it is valuable.

But by all means, please try your hand at making your own original caps. I wish you the best!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #37 on: Tue, 02 July 2013, 17:26:13 »
Starting bid:US $165.00 [ 0 bids ]

:))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #38 on: Tue, 02 July 2013, 18:21:49 »
seller of pinku topura asking for too much ryu
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline thegunner100

• (╯'□')╯︵</3 ノ( '-'ノ)
    • The Emotional Skyscraper
« Reply #39 on: Tue, 02 July 2013, 18:44:21 »
If only it was mx

I do have a mx octopink... would trade for a topre! (hint hint!)
Input Devices:CM QF Rapidx2 ~ REALFORCE 87uw 45/55g ~ Logitech G5v2 ~ Wacom Bamboo CTH-460

Audio Setup: look me up on head-fi
Check out my blog on touhou/doujin music, audiophile gear, and doujin games!

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #40 on: Wed, 03 July 2013, 09:14:55 »

To appreciate click clack's work, one must have handled the key caps.

The quality of the few I have had pass through my possession have been excellent.

No other key caps I have had are this nice.