Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4211844 times)

Offline Flamingchook

• There are no dumb questions, only forbidden ones.
Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #1350 on: Sat, 04 October 2014, 09:53:45 »
Got a bull**** ticket today.  Apparently leaving 4 car lengths between you and the car in front of you while going 35-40 miles an hour is "following too closely".  Cop pulled me over and said I was going 55 at one point when I topped out at 50 in a 45 zone and people were going faster than me ahead of me (not to mention that the cop had been going faster than me for a little while) and that I made an unsafe lane change, which, apparently when my blind spot monitoring doesn't beep and I can see a good two, maybe three car lengths of room behind me to change lanes.

He only ticketed me for "following too closely", but I have no clue how he could tell when he could only see from his rear-view and side-view mirror since I was behind him following a car that was next to him and a car length and a half behind him.  There have been times I have deserved to get a ticket, this was not one of them.  And it's a ****ty ticket to fight because it's all subjective as to what is "too close" and if I lose, I have to pay court fees on top of paying the cost of the ticket, which would probably end up costing double the cost of the ticket and without the option of traffic school.

Edit:  I forgot to add it was one of those school district cops.  Most of the ones I've met wouldn't cut it in a city police force.  He also told me that he had hoped I would pull up onto a curb on the freeway onramp he pulled me over on and motioned me to pull over to the side on because the onramp was a "dangerous place to stop on".  No **** officer.  That's why I was going to pull over on the side of the road of the barely moving rush hour freeway before you ordered me to the side of the on-ramp.

That's pretty ****ty... Only ticket I've ever gotten I deserved. I've been let off one that I absolutely deserved though, much worse than the one I got booked for. It seems to be luck of the draw wherever you are.
MX: Filco Majestouch Metalic Blue 104-key w/ MX Brown, JD40 w/ MX Green, ErgoDox w/ MX Blue, GHPad w/ MX Blue. Topre: Realforce 87U 45g. BS: IBM Model M 52G9700 29-OCT-93
Soon™: GH60 w/ 62g MX Clear, [CTRL]ALT 60 w/ MX Green

Offline RED-404

« Reply #1351 on: Sat, 04 October 2014, 14:36:59 »
This one...  >:D

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #1352 on: Sat, 04 October 2014, 21:04:24 »
holy ****ing **** its so goddamn windy now, this is the windiest i've seen firsthand in my life
i wouls genuinely bet money that if i went out and jumped right now i would take off a bit at least
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #1353 on: Sat, 04 October 2014, 21:05:42 »
i tripped and it was muddy

i was wearing a white shirt

:(
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1354 on: Sat, 04 October 2014, 21:07:15 »

:'(

RIP the whiteness of TS' shirt...

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #1355 on: Sat, 04 October 2014, 21:18:29 »

rest in laundry
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1356 on: Sat, 04 October 2014, 22:08:31 »
It's bothering me that we have had to turn the heat on.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1357 on: Sat, 04 October 2014, 23:06:03 »
It bothers me that it is going to be 27°C tomorrow.  Summer is on its way.  Hayfever too :(
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #1358 on: Sat, 04 October 2014, 23:11:33 »

Be glad you don't live in IA.  I have gone from heat to AC back to heat in the same day.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #1359 on: Sat, 04 October 2014, 23:15:03 »

Be glad you don't live in IA.  I have gone from heat to AC back to heat in the same day.

So.. what like there's no atmosphere over IA ??

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #1360 on: Sat, 04 October 2014, 23:32:05 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 September 2015, 10:44:01 by esoomenona »

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #1361 on: Sat, 04 October 2014, 23:39:16 »

So.. what like there's no atmosphere over IA ??

In the fall and the spring there is enough of a temp fluctuation between day and night coupled with high-ish humidity, that I have had the heat and ac on in the same day but mostly just to knock the moisture out of the house.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline iri

« Reply #1362 on: Sun, 05 October 2014, 03:30:28 »
i hope y'all never enjoyed the lovely combination of -30 and 100% humidity.

centralized heat which is still off.
sore finger that complicates my touch typing.
sore throat for no apparent reason.
paperwork for a UK visa.
no sunshine today, though it was a very sunny year.
there's not enough music in my life.
there's not enough romantic in my life.
there's not enough parties in my life.
the tires i ordered from wiggle.co.uk are delayed.
tomorrow's meeting about build tools.
how to sell my bed.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline yasuo

• spanengan puyeng newbie
« Reply #1363 on: Sun, 05 October 2014, 04:27:11 »
i never seen iri post about keyboard :))
Logitech MK220 Colemak DH
SplitSyml by Moz BlacksMx fuk blacks

2/3 8.5pm                                          in de la my september month ya da all get my fukka "fake message"

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #1364 on: Sun, 05 October 2014, 05:28:28 »
today is warmer than all of summer after that storm at 3 am
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #1365 on: Sun, 05 October 2014, 07:02:06 »
Life.

Offline yasuo

2/3 8.5pm                                          in de la my september month ya da all get my fukka "fake message"

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1367 on: Sun, 05 October 2014, 09:22:27 »

Oh it does that here also. What gets me is when one day its 50 out and the next day 80.

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #1368 on: Sun, 05 October 2014, 10:23:53 »
****ing bug flew into my eye
the little bitcg
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline RED-404

« Reply #1369 on: Sun, 05 October 2014, 10:24:37 »
I live in Kansas and not the small part with Google fiber.
The weatherman says **** it its Kansas.
It looks like the African Savanna, but without all the cool ****.
The best internet I can get involves a 60ft tower and only gets 300kbps on a good day well its the best I can get without paying $48,0000.
I have to drive 35min just to get gas, not due to traffic, there is no traffic.

On the upside, one day I woke up made a fresh pot of coffee opened the back door and shot a deer.

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #1370 on: Sun, 05 October 2014, 11:02:44 »
 murdarah
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline iri

« Reply #1371 on: Sun, 05 October 2014, 13:57:47 »
I live in Kansas and not the small part with Google fiber.
The weatherman says **** it its Kansas.
It looks like the African Savanna, but without all the cool ****.
The best internet I can get involves a 60ft tower and only gets 300kbps on a good day well its the best I can get without paying $48,0000.
I have to drive 35min just to get gas, not due to traffic, there is no traffic.

On the upside, one day I woke up made a fresh pot of coffee opened the back door and shot a deer.
you made my day

the last fact outweights everything else!
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #1372 on: Sun, 05 October 2014, 22:17:32 »
have to write a prompt on chaucer. oooooooor nah
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff

Offline yasuo

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #1375 on: Mon, 06 October 2014, 10:17:54 »
Horrible pain in shoulder and jaw after yesterday's match , will probably have to check a doc .
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline frosty

• jukebox hero
« Reply #1376 on: Wed, 08 October 2014, 11:05:45 »
Speaking of pain, the soldering iron dropped on my thigh today and it's still hurting. Eczema started to ***** again and now it's itchy and painful. God damn.

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #1377 on: Wed, 08 October 2014, 11:14:09 »
People voting on keycon in NYC.  What a bad place to be  :p
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #1378 on: Wed, 08 October 2014, 11:16:46 »
People voting on keycon in NYC.  What a bad place to be  :p
Philly baby!

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #1379 on: Wed, 08 October 2014, 15:37:31 »
MY FINGERTIPS ARE SORE AF
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline iri

« Reply #1380 on: Wed, 08 October 2014, 15:47:41 »
realforce?

-Ray Bradbury

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #1381 on: Wed, 08 October 2014, 15:49:34 »
realforce?

used my fingers to remove two sets of keycaps instead of using a keycap puller :|
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #1382 on: Wed, 08 October 2014, 15:51:11 »
realforce?

used my fingers to remove two sets of keycaps instead of using a keycap puller :|
you could always use a credit card since money aint a problem
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1383 on: Wed, 08 October 2014, 15:54:34 »
realforce?

Bro, you've got all that swag but no keypuller??

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #1384 on: Wed, 08 October 2014, 15:55:42 »
realforce?

Bro, you've got all that swag but no keypuller??

my mkc one just died :P was too much effort using it with screwed up wires

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
    • All your base are belong to us!
« Reply #1385 on: Wed, 08 October 2014, 16:07:32 »
wow I have had my mkc from feng for a long time and my wires are still fine.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #1386 on: Wed, 08 October 2014, 21:38:43 »
Smokes pot one time, thinks he's the coolest kid in the world. Guess what, you're not, everyone does it

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1387 on: Wed, 08 October 2014, 21:44:35 »
Smokes pot one time, thinks he's the coolest kid in the world. Guess what, you're not, everyone does it

I don't. I guess that means I'm the coolest kid in the world.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1388 on: Wed, 08 October 2014, 21:45:38 »

dude i wish everybody that smoked got this **** through their head, or at least the annoying ones that base their whole persona around smoking weed.

it's 2014, it's legal in 2 states, decriminalized in others. we don't give a **** if you smoke weed.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1389 on: Wed, 08 October 2014, 21:46:46 »
My oldest dog (~8yrs old) is having some pretty serious health issues.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #1390 on: Wed, 08 October 2014, 21:48:06 »
I can't decide what ice cream to eat

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #1391 on: Wed, 08 October 2014, 21:48:43 »

This makes me really sad. :'(  Sending good thoughts your way, Ray.

I can't decide what ice cream to eat

All of it.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #1392 on: Wed, 08 October 2014, 21:49:09 »
But I couldn't possibly eat three pints...

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #1393 on: Wed, 08 October 2014, 21:50:42 »

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #1394 on: Wed, 08 October 2014, 21:51:45 »
If I eat it all, there won't be any left for tomorrow!

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1395 on: Wed, 08 October 2014, 21:51:56 »

More

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #1396 on: Wed, 08 October 2014, 21:54:00 »

Just do it...

LIKE A BOSS.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #1397 on: Wed, 08 October 2014, 21:55:01 »

dude i wish everybody that smoked got this **** through their head, or at least the annoying ones that base their whole persona around smoking weed.

it's 2014, it's legal in 2 states, decriminalized in others. we don't give a **** if you smoke weed.
Like seriously that's like basing your personality off your love of cheeseburgers. Cool, you like them, is that really the only thing that makes you stand out?
Ah, that sucks. Since I was born midway through the lives of my first 2 dogs, Ive already had to go through dogs getting to that where they're so immobile and constantly hurting you wonder if they're even enjoying themselves half the time.

Offline RED-404

« Reply #1398 on: Wed, 08 October 2014, 23:30:40 »
I'm now a "Battery" Viking...

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #1399 on: Wed, 08 October 2014, 23:31:07 »
I'm now a "Battery" Viking...

*sympathetic back pat*