Author Topic: Your Favorite Films of All Time  (Read 22530 times)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: Your Favorite Films of All Time
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 19:39:53 »
Recent action/adventure films have raised the bar so high that older films almost inevitably pale in comparison, as I learn when I try to get my teenage kids to watch the great films made when I was their age. Seriously, considering - Lord of the Rings - Harry Potter - Avengers - Transformers - I will stop but the list is hardly started - then the older stuff can really seem boring.

And the animation in the last couple of decades is beyond breathtaking. For personal favorites I will name Shrek, Wall-E, and Finding Nemo but that hardly scratches the surface.

Even marginally older films like Jurassic Park and Terminator 1&2 make yet slightly older works like Blade Runner seem primitive.

I particularly like weird comedy/drama/satire such as The Fisher King and Spinal Tap, but that is just me.

Going back to the 1950s/60s/70s European avant-garde, that was my great awakening. La Strada, Last Tango in Paris, it just doesn't get better than that.

And I do like more marginal off-the-wall films, such as Satyricon and El Topo from back in the day (Jodorowsky's Dune would have been the ****), and Pi, The Believer, etc, from more recent times.
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 June 2014, 19:44:18 by fohat.digs »
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #51 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 19:40:33 »
2001: A space odyssey
God Bless America
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline User Was Banned

« Reply #52 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 19:47:21 »
Recent action/adventure films have raised the bar so high that older films almost inevitably pale in comparison, as I learn when I try to get my teenage kids to watch the great films made when I was their age. Seriously, considering - Lord of the Rings - Harry Potter - Avengers - Transformers - I will stop but the list is hardly started - then the older stuff can really seem boring.

That's why you get them to watch non action/adventure films that don't rely on modern special effects, so they can appreciate other aspects like storytelling, acting, character development, film score, editing, and cinematography.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #53 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 19:48:53 »
Off the top of my head, in no particular order, "serious" favorites mixed in with childhood nostalgic favorites:

Jurassic Park
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Dr Strangelove
Raising Arizona
Gladiator
Master and Commander
Return of the Jedi
Finding Nemo
Toy Story
Robin Hood Prince of Thieves (Costner)
Robin Hood (Disney animated version)

Feeling pretty shallow looking at this list.  :-X

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #54 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 21:24:39 »

Master and Commander

Thanks! I always forget that great one.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #55 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 21:28:38 »
OK, top 3 favorite animated films, in order:

1. Spirited Away
2. Aladdin
3. The Triplets of Belleville

honorable mentions go to The Incredibles, My Neighbor Totoro, Mary and Max, and Up

Triplets of Belleville is a really interesting film.  I appreciate it a lot for its artistic style, and the story is good too.  It's just interesting.  Not sure why or how, but it is.

Offline Eszett

• Supporting the communities Geekhack & Deskthority
« Reply #56 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 22:13:40 »
How can someone come up with something crazy like this thematizing things like transvestism and fetishism in 1975, a time of prudery? One of my all-time top ten movies.
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 June 2014, 22:30:43 by Eszett »

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #57 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 22:21:29 »
I'm kind of bias with my films because I love zombies.....A LOT!!!

I would have to start with the entire Evil Dead series. Including Army of Darkness!

Zombieland
Undead "...time is short. So you gotta ask yourself: Are you a fighter, Fish Queen, or are you zombie food?" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0339840/
Tucker & Dale vs. Evil

There are more but that's good enough for now.

hell yeah dude! have you ever checked out Lucio Fulci's ZombI? one of my favs, low budget zombie flick with crazy well done gore.

Also my all time favorites i could watch over and over...
1. American Beauty - Kevin Spacey is my personal hero in that movie
2. Toxic Avenger - Troma NJ trash
3. Freddy Vs Jason - Its so bad its good

Well I know what I'm doing tonight. Thanks for the suggestion!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #58 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 22:21:38 »
All time favorite.. this is not even possible..

I have at least 150 movies that I'd rank together as #1....

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #59 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 22:37:52 »
Share some of your most beloved movies here! I'd like to get a grasp of the kind of films people like on here.

I'm a huge Film buff and and a wannabe film critic  :rolleyes:

From what I can't think of off the top of my head is as follows:

The Evil Dead 1- 1981

Evil Dead 2- 1987

The Shining- 1980

A Clockwork Orange- 1971

Fargo- 1999

Citizen Kane- 1941

There Will Be Blood- 2007

Psycho- 1960

Pulp Fiction- 1994

The Matrix- 1999

And probably a lot more that I forgot, or haven't seen quite a long time.  I'll update my list as I think of some of my other favorites.

I watch so many films though, It's really a huge part of my life. I can get so passionate talking to someone about film it's insane. If only I could afford to go to the theater more often though, Or that I had an awesome theater around me like the Alamo Drafthouse or something similar.

I have to ask why you didn't list Evil Dead 3.  :D  I love that one just as much as the others, if not for different reasons.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #60 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 22:39:57 »
Share some of your most beloved movies here! I'd like to get a grasp of the kind of films people like on here.

The Evil Dead 1- 1981

Evil Dead 2- 1987

The Shining- 1980

A Clockwork Orange- 1971

Fargo- 1999

Citizen Kane- 1941

Psycho- 1960

Pulp Fiction- 1994

The Matrix- 1999

And probably a lot more that I forgot, or haven't seen quite a long time.  I'll update my list as I think of some of my other favorites.

I watch so many films though, It's really a huge part of my life. I can get so passionate talking to someone about film it's insane. If only I could afford to go to the theater more often though, Or that I had an awesome theater around me like the Alamo Drafthouse or something similar.

I have to ask why you didn't list Evil Dead 3.  :D  I love that one just as much as the others, if not for different reasons.

I only liked army of darkness..   Didn't like 1 and 2... please don't beat me up

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #61 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 22:58:06 »

The Evil Dead 1- 1981

Evil Dead 2- 1987

The Shining- 1980

A Clockwork Orange- 1971

Fargo- 1999

Citizen Kane- 1941

Psycho- 1960

Pulp Fiction- 1994

The Matrix- 1999

I only liked army of darkness..   Didn't like 1 and 2... please don't beat me up
Show Image

I would never beat someone up for that opinion.  All three are such drastically different films (1 being legit horror, 2 being a crossover between horror and comedy, and 3 being straight up comedy  :D  ) that I wouldn't expect everyone to like all three.  I just like all three because I'm into all those types of movies.

Now, I suppose that if you told me you were a horror junkie I might have to think twice about not beating you up...   :))

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #62 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 23:16:48 »
Probablyy favorite movie of all time would be Act of Valor.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Last Edit: Fri, 27 June 2014, 11:47:57 by jdcarpe »
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline korrelate

• iubeo stultum esse libenter
« Reply #64 on: Fri, 27 June 2014, 00:14:49 »
The Meaning of Life

The Matrix (just the first one)

Life of Brian

Mutiny on the Bounty (Marlon Brando)

Julius Caesar (Marlon Brando)

The Matador (Brosnan)

Movies about Philip K **** novels: Blade Runner, Minority Report, Adjustment Bureau

Not Really a movie but "The Power of Art" by Simon Schama.

Saving Silverman

Raiders of the Lost Ark

Empire Strikes Back

Ghostbusters

Diggstown

Fight Club

Rocky

The Castle

Pulp Fiction

The Royal Tenenbaums

Note about the Matrix: just before Neo follows the white rabbit he reaches into a book to grab an optical to sell to some dude. The title of that book (check it) is "Simulation and Simulacra" by Jean baudrillard. Majorly mindbending sh$t but this where the writers/directors were introduced to such ideas as "the desert of the real" and malleability of reality. super interesting but very very dense and totally depressing: which is funny because the book is so counter-subvervise.

note about Brando: Even though Julius Caesar is B&W it's a total classic because of Brando. You will never see Marc Antony performed better. Ever. In your whole life. Ditto for Fletcher Christian.

Rocky: did you know Stallone wrote that? He sure did.

if you thought Monty Python was just silly give it another look: all the english guys were Oxford-Educated types. Graham   Chapman was a medical doctor. Smart dudes who read a ton. Among other things, LOB satirizes the Great Schism, the genesis and probability of miracles, etc. I could start a greatcollege just by deconstructing LOB and especially TMOL.

Topre REALFORCE

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #65 on: Fri, 27 June 2014, 00:16:46 »
The Princess Bride
The Shawshank Redemption
Ferris Bueller's Day Off

How could I have forgotten these!  :thumb:

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #66 on: Fri, 27 June 2014, 01:39:01 »
oh also, the blues brothers

Offline agodinhost

• Soylent green is people ...
    • Dr Ian O Xaman
« Reply #67 on: Fri, 27 June 2014, 09:19:06 »
1. Gattaca
2. Blade Runner
3. Akira
Building one square I2C keyboard with those 1200 switches (thanks JDCarpe)
GH60 |GH60-Alps |GH60-BT |GHPad/GHPad Alps |GH60-Case |Alps TKL |EL Wire |OS Controller, Round 2 |My Custom Keyboard |WTT/WTB

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #68 on: Fri, 27 June 2014, 11:15:09 »

That's why you get them to watch non action/adventure films that don't rely on modern special effects, so they can appreciate other aspects like storytelling, acting, character development, film score, editing, and cinematography.

I have to agree with User Was Banned here.  I really like the older sci-fi films that did not have all the CGI, and they had to be more creative with props, costumes, and all the aspects User Was Banned mentioned.  Movies like Star Wars, Terminator 1, Space Odyssey, Blade Runner, etc.

These days, all they have to do is put a few geeks in front of a computer, make some explosions, skimp on creating an actual thought-provoking story, and BOOM! you got a blockbuster.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #69 on: Fri, 27 June 2014, 11:16:41 »
My favorite movie of all time: Gladiator

I really do enjoy most genre of film though, so for everything else, it's pretty close.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #70 on: Fri, 27 June 2014, 11:39:50 »
Ace Ventura will always be one of my favorites, ever. ;D
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline Zamis

« Reply #71 on: Fri, 27 June 2014, 11:41:34 »
I would have to say the LEGO Movie is currently my favorite.

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #72 on: Fri, 27 June 2014, 12:12:28 »
Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991)

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #73 on: Fri, 27 June 2014, 12:21:54 »
Robin hood

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #74 on: Fri, 27 June 2014, 13:51:33 »
Oo-de-lally

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #75 on: Fri, 27 June 2014, 14:14:42 »
I really love all of John Hughes's movies, but If I had to pick one that makes me laugh like i'm seeing it for the first time.

Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline Daspartic

• IBM is love IBM is life
« Reply #76 on: Fri, 27 June 2014, 14:31:42 »
No love for Apocalypse Now?  That movie was so epic.
IBM Displaywriter (82 key) | IBM Model F 4704 (107 key) |  IBM Model F AT x3 | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 3104 x2 | IBM 6112884 (Green Tee mount Alps) | Realforce 87u (55g) | IBM Model M 1390131 x2 | IBM Model M (1391401 '88) | Leopold FC500R (MX Browns) | Wang (725-5971) (Salmon Alps) | Acer 6011 (SKCM Blue Alps) | White Fox (65 g Zealios) | XMIT keyboard (Hall Effect)

Offline User Was Banned

« Reply #77 on: Fri, 27 June 2014, 20:23:37 »

I have to agree with User Was Banned here.  I really like the older sci-fi films that did not have all the CGI, and they had to be more creative with props, costumes, and all the aspects User Was Banned mentioned.  Movies like Star Wars, Terminator 1, Space Odyssey, Blade Runner, etc.

These days, all they have to do is put a few geeks in front of a computer, make some explosions, skimp on creating an actual thought-provoking story, and BOOM! you got a blockbuster.
But man, when they combine both of those things and do it well, gold. For example, Dark Knight.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #78 on: Fri, 27 June 2014, 22:29:14 »
I dunno, I sort of feel like CG still isn't quite there yet. I actually much prefer seeing real props, costumes, and sets rather than everything being on green screen. Like Avengers looked fake to me, if uncanny valley could be applied to inanimate objects, New York City was the entire valley in that movie. On the other hand when you get stuff like LotR and almost anything by Guillermo Del Toro, I think it looks a thousand times better.

Just look at this behind the scenes from Hellboy 2, and then compare it to the eyesore that was Transformers or episode I II and III of Star Wars, both of which are like 75% greenscreen.

Offline User Was Banned

« Reply #79 on: Fri, 27 June 2014, 22:48:49 »
Green screen =/= CGI

A lot of times, there is no way around CGI. I mean obviously The Avengers looked fake, it is fake; it's based on comics. 

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #80 on: Sat, 28 June 2014, 02:35:42 »
I dunno, I sort of feel like CG still isn't quite there yet. I actually much prefer seeing real props, costumes, and sets rather than everything being on green screen. Like Avengers looked fake to me, if uncanny valley could be applied to inanimate objects, New York City was the entire valley in that movie. On the other hand when you get stuff like LotR and almost anything by Guillermo Del Toro, I think it looks a thousand times better.

Just look at this behind the scenes from Hellboy 2, and then compare it to the eyesore that was Transformers or episode I II and III of Star Wars, both of which are like 75% greenscreen.

Ditto!
Imo they should use CGI only if there is no other way, practical effect FTW.
Look at T2... They only used CGI for some scenes of the T1000, but they blew up a real office building for the Cyberdyne raid scene.
In T3 the endoskeletons were CGI instead of animatronics, the nuke scene was CGI instead of minature, and most explosions were CGI instead of real, and it shows.

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #81 on: Sat, 28 June 2014, 02:56:15 »

The Evil Dead 1- 1981

Evil Dead 2- 1987

The Shining- 1980

A Clockwork Orange- 1971

Fargo- 1999

Citizen Kane- 1941

Psycho- 1960

Pulp Fiction- 1994

The Matrix- 1999

Mainly because I forgot to list it. :p

In any case the third film didn't feel anything like the first two and that's good and bad at the same time. It is still beloved by me in any case. I can't get enough of Ash  :cool:

Offline Air tree

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #82 on: Sat, 28 June 2014, 03:00:50 »
I have just looked up the thread entirely and my list is going to be huge at the rate you guys keep reminding me of movies that I love. Oh woe is me.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #83 on: Sat, 28 June 2014, 03:07:01 »
I have just looked up the thread entirely and my list is going to be huge at the rate you guys keep reminding me of movies that I love. Oh woe is me.

Got to be pragmatic about it bro. Narrow it down and let your least favorite children starve.

Offline Malphas

« Reply #84 on: Sat, 28 June 2014, 07:39:07 »

CGI is atrocious and lazy. It's pitiful when movies from 30 years ago like Gremlins, that used physical effects looks 100 times better than a CGI-dependent movie today.

In my opinion CGI should be used sparingly for non-offensive things like adding depth to scenes, like shrapnel, particle effects, concealing wire work, or non-realistic stylistic stuff like Sin City. Creating CGI dinosaurs or aliens or whatever and your movie is about as convincing to look at as Who Framed Roger Rabbit.
« Last Edit: Sat, 28 June 2014, 07:45:12 by Malphas »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #85 on: Sat, 28 June 2014, 09:03:41 »
Green screen =/= CGI

Wait, what?  What is green screen if not CGI?  I'm pretty sure that's the whole point of it.

Edit: depends how you define CGI I suppose.  Cause green screen can be really low-tech.  But I still consider it a computer-aided technique.
« Last Edit: Sat, 28 June 2014, 09:24:25 by HoffmanMyster »

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #86 on: Sat, 28 June 2014, 09:17:37 »
Back To The Future I - III :)

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #87 on: Sat, 28 June 2014, 09:50:24 »
Can we also say the worst movies? Titanic and Avatar are at the top of the bottom.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #88 on: Sat, 28 June 2014, 09:57:17 »
Can we also say the worst movies? Titanic and Avatar are at the top of the bottom.

Not a fan of Cameron, eh?   :))   I also dislike Avatar, but I saw Titanic when I was young enough that it's got a nostalgic effect now, so I don't hate it.

And on that note, maybe you'll enjoy Tentacolino (In Search of the Titanic), followup to the hit film La leggenda del Titanic (The Legend of the Titanic); complete with talking dog, Atlanteans, dog-faced octopus, rapping sharks, and gay pogo fish, it's sure to appeal to audiences of all demographics.

Seriously though, it's an entertaining movie (they both are).   :))

Offline Malphas

« Reply #89 on: Sat, 28 June 2014, 10:14:57 »
James Cameron stopped making good films after the 80's.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #90 on: Sat, 28 June 2014, 10:22:43 »
naah I like Cameron, but the last movie I enjoy watching of him is True Lies :)

Offline iri

« Reply #91 on: Sat, 28 June 2014, 11:25:41 »
James Cameron stopped making good films after the 80's.
terminator 2 was good.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Malphas

« Reply #92 on: Sat, 28 June 2014, 13:55:31 »
I know everyone apart from me thinks that, but it was borderline, in my opinion. Edward Furlong was irritating, the humour was pretty cheesy, I didn't find the T-1000 to be as intimidating an antagonist as the T-800 was in the first movie, and the CGI was terrible and broke the suspense of disbelief for me.

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #93 on: Sat, 28 June 2014, 14:00:04 »
I think my favorite movie to date has to be O Brother, Where Art Thou?
Every scene, every line.

Glorious.
If today had been a hippo, then you'd really have to worry about tomorrow.

Offline Air tree

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #94 on: Sat, 28 June 2014, 15:27:26 »
List away.  :-*

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #95 on: Sat, 28 June 2014, 18:21:08 »
The Room
Sharknado
Birdemic
Battlefield Earth
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls

Offline User Was Banned

« Reply #96 on: Sat, 28 June 2014, 18:32:40 »
CGI is atrocious and lazy. It's pitiful when movies from 30 years ago like Gremlins, that used physical effects looks 100 times better than a CGI-dependent movie today.

Show Image
Show Image

In my opinion CGI should be used sparingly for non-offensive things like adding depth to scenes, like shrapnel, particle effects, concealing wire work, or non-realistic stylistic stuff like Sin City. Creating CGI dinosaurs or aliens or whatever and your movie is about as convincing to look at as Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

Did you really just use Paul as an example of modern CGI...?

Offline Malphas

« Reply #97 on: Sat, 28 June 2014, 19:01:55 »

Show Image
Show Image

Well considering it is an example of modern CGI, yes. There are dozens of movies with similarly terrible effects, you can't just pretend they don't exist. Swap it out for Golem or whatever if you want, it's still just as bad.

Offline User Was Banned

« Reply #98 on: Sat, 28 June 2014, 19:25:01 »

Show Image
Show Image

Well considering it is an example of modern CGI, yes. There are dozens of movies with similarly terrible effects, you can't just pretend they don't exist. Swap it out for Golem or whatever if you want, it's still just as bad.
Right, but you're pulling an example from the bottom of the barrel. That's like saying the English Premier League sucks because you watched Cardiff play Fulham.

You mentioned Gollum. I think his most recent incarnation in The Hobbit was very well done:

Also, the subtle uses of CGI. For example, in The Walking Dead:
and
« Last Edit: Sat, 28 June 2014, 19:30:42 by User Was Banned »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #99 on: Sat, 28 June 2014, 21:13:30 »

Show Image
Show Image

Right, but you're pulling an example from the bottom of the barrel. That's like saying the English Premier League sucks because you watched Cardiff play Fulham.

You mentioned Gollum. I think his most recent incarnation in The Hobbit was very well done:

Also, the subtle uses of CGI. For example, in The Walking Dead:
and

I think the CG in Prometheus was really well done, even though people like to hate on the film.