Author Topic: A question about money  (Read 4277 times)

Offline TheeCOoon

A question about money
« on: Thu, 29 August 2013, 23:28:39 »
Hi guys!!
Im new to this forum and thought about something that would be interesting. I have never bought any keycaps before sooooooo i was wondering how much money you guys spent on keycaps!!!
For me
CM Storm RApid =55$ and thats all lol

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
Re: A question about money
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 29 August 2013, 23:29:45 »
Seriously.  Stop. 

Lazy.

Ignorant.

Coming across unintelligent. 

1 thread.  Not all threads.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 29 August 2013, 23:30:02 »
son chill on the thread making.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 30 August 2013, 15:33:12 »
he is just proud that he spent minimum, let me tap ur ass now, sry I ment shoulder.
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 30 August 2013, 15:35:07 »
There is already a thread for this discussion

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 30 August 2013, 19:01:09 »
You guys should chill,  let um' do what he wants..

what's the big deal.

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 30 August 2013, 19:09:33 »
25 posts a day? Giving spam ray a run for his money!
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 30 August 2013, 19:15:35 »
You can't help to spend it, pimpin', if you're getting it right.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 30 August 2013, 19:21:03 »
25 posts a day? Giving spam ray a run for his money!

Let's compare in a month.

#initforthelongrun

But to the OP, did you get your keyboard for $55 or did you get replacement caps?

If caps what kind?
« Last Edit: Fri, 30 August 2013, 19:22:45 by SpAmRaY »

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 30 August 2013, 19:39:42 »
Is posting about wanting to purchase key sets not allowed in a thread like this? I'm not exactly sure of the rules but I really wanted to get my hands on a set of the rainbow keys even though I'm not sure how I would go about asking the people on this forum for that and as far as I can tell there's some sort of post requirement for me to advertise that I want to buy keys.

You are looking for a left over rainbow set, which is relative to this thread, which I think is 100% fine and appropriate. Looking for something that's relative to the thread is a-ok :thumb:

It's fine, as long as it's relative to the the thread itself. My previous post was more about how TheeCOoon may have come off as looking for something that this thread was not selling (he was looking for something that CAN be engraved or blank, which this thread wasn't selling). Situations like this can come off as a person being lazy and just trying to circumvent the rules (which in this case, it almost seemed like the post count limit for classifieds) or just ignored/didn't read previous posts made in the thread. TheeCOoon's post was kind of ambiguous so I MAY have misunderstood (I'm not too sure). Either way, I thought I came off too harsh so I was going to post a link to a set, but do_Og@n posted the link before me so I came out looking like Hitler :P I did not mean to sound mean, if I did :)

OH my bad sorry I never new there were rules to the threads. How many post do i need to get into classified?

There's your answer to the spam.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline dante

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 30 August 2013, 19:45:05 »
he is just proud that he spent minimum, let me tap ur ass now, sry I ment shoulder.

:D

Offline gnubag

« Reply #11 on: Fri, 30 August 2013, 21:04:31 »
Is posting about wanting to purchase key sets not allowed in a thread like this? I'm not exactly sure of the rules but I really wanted to get my hands on a set of the rainbow keys even though I'm not sure how I would go about asking the people on this forum for that and as far as I can tell there's some sort of post requirement for me to advertise that I want to buy keys.

You are looking for a left over rainbow set, which is relative to this thread, which I think is 100% fine and appropriate. Looking for something that's relative to the thread is a-ok :thumb:

It's fine, as long as it's relative to the the thread itself. My previous post was more about how TheeCOoon may have come off as looking for something that this thread was not selling (he was looking for something that CAN be engraved or blank, which this thread wasn't selling). Situations like this can come off as a person being lazy and just trying to circumvent the rules (which in this case, it almost seemed like the post count limit for classifieds) or just ignored/didn't read previous posts made in the thread. TheeCOoon's post was kind of ambiguous so I MAY have misunderstood (I'm not too sure). Either way, I thought I came off too harsh so I was going to post a link to a set, but do_Og@n posted the link before me so I came out looking like Hitler :P I did not mean to sound mean, if I did :)

OH my bad sorry I never new there were rules to the threads. How many post do i need to get into classified?

is there are record of how fast somebody can get 60 posts? who is he trying to beat?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 30 August 2013, 21:23:27 »

is there are record of how fast somebody can get 60 posts? who is he trying to beat?

Well there seem to be more and more lately that clearly are only here to get 60 posts and as soon as they do put things up for sale.

Offline stancato9

« Reply #13 on: Fri, 30 August 2013, 21:29:07 »

Well there seem to be more and more lately that clearly are only here to get 60 posts and as soon as they do put things up for sale.

Well I came here with those exact intentions. I wanted to sell something. But now after posting and lurking around it's evident that this is the best forum for mechanical keyboards with an active community. That doesn't mean I won't be posting some boards for sale once I hit the 60 mark, but it also doesn't mean I'll be leaving this community after they are sold :D GH is awesome.
Poker 2 - MX Red

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 30 August 2013, 22:02:01 »
LOL I waited until I had 5000 posts before posting my first classified thread - a WTS that was quickly fulfilled.

I'll go back into my little corner now.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline stancato9

« Reply #15 on: Fri, 30 August 2013, 22:09:54 »
LOL I waited until I had 5000 posts before posting my first classified thread - a WTS that was quickly fulfilled.

Ez ;D
Poker 2 - MX Red

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 30 August 2013, 22:11:37 »

Ez ;D

As stancato9 looks at his post count and heads off into the Classifieds section :)
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline gnubag

« Reply #17 on: Fri, 30 August 2013, 22:23:07 »

Ez ;D

As stancato9 looks at his post count and heads off into the Classifieds section :)

100% accurate prediction (not very hard/difficult to be honest)

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #18 on: Fri, 30 August 2013, 22:24:16 »
I have no problem with people joining just to post in the classifieds but I do have a problem with users posting 20 comments a day so they can hit the post limit quicker.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline stancato9

« Reply #19 on: Fri, 30 August 2013, 22:24:29 »

Ez ;D

100% accurate prediction (not very hard/difficult to be honest)

YUP :D 100% accurate. Just posted in classifieds.

Once I get what I want I'll never log in on this site again!  :rolleyes:
Poker 2 - MX Red

Offline stancato9

« Reply #20 on: Fri, 30 August 2013, 22:28:43 »
I have no problem with people joining just to post in the classifieds but I do have a problem with users posting 20 comments a day so they can hit the post limit quicker.

What if they post 20 comments a day even after?
Poker 2 - MX Red

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #21 on: Fri, 30 August 2013, 22:29:39 »

20 quality posts a day? No problem. I find that hard to believe though, even the most active members here usually only average like 10.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline gnubag

« Reply #22 on: Fri, 30 August 2013, 22:30:57 »

if it will be the same quality as it is now, i would want an ignore function. (and I already want one anyway.)

Offline stancato9

« Reply #23 on: Fri, 30 August 2013, 22:35:02 »
This is a very inviting community!
Poker 2 - MX Red

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #24 on: Fri, 30 August 2013, 22:35:59 »
Lol, you guys.....

So much talking for for such a simple thread.

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #25 on: Fri, 30 August 2013, 22:49:42 »

Agree