Author Topic: Pokémon GO!  (Read 117878 times)

Offline Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
Re: Pokémon GO!
« Reply #300 on: Sat, 16 July 2016, 15:15:10 »
OMG I just rode my bike for 2 miles all by myself for nothing!!!  AHHHH!!!

Just kidding.  I did ride (more like 10 miles) because I needed to get some exercise.  Thanks, Pokémon.
I once considered borrowing my friends bike to hatch an egg. I did want to ride a bike though so not strictly for the egg.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #301 on: Sun, 17 July 2016, 07:39:39 »
I think I'm just going to quit playing (for now) to stop depressing myself from seeing everyone else having so much fun while I live in the middle of no where without a car. I spent cash on Pokéballs just to get to level 17 and I know there are people 10 above that in the city. Like, what I wish is that I could just go out and walk, but the first Pokéstop is 12 km up the road, and then there's like 8 km more before the next one and the first gym.

You just have to accept you aren't in the city. Got FOMO because you not level 27? Sounds unhealthy.

I live in a populated suburb and I'm only lvl 6. No clue how you got 17 "in the middle of nowhere".

If you aren't having fun just doing your thing within your means, then you probably should just take a break.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #302 on: Sun, 17 July 2016, 10:39:45 »
U can get a beater car for $500..

It's not gonna get you dates..  but it's good enuff for PokemanG

Offline Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
« Reply #303 on: Sun, 17 July 2016, 12:11:52 »

Tp can't get a date with a beater?
Must be doing something wrong.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #304 on: Sun, 17 July 2016, 12:15:46 »

Tp can't get a date with a beater?
Must be doing something wrong.

You Wound Me Sir..

Offline E3E

« Reply #305 on: Sun, 17 July 2016, 12:26:07 »
You just have to accept you aren't in the city. Got FOMO because you not level 27? Sounds unhealthy.

I live in a populated suburb and I'm only lvl 6. No clue how you got 17 "in the middle of nowhere".

If you aren't having fun just doing your thing within your means, then you probably should just take a break.

There was a bit of a cascade effect that hit me hard at first, but I'm good now. It mainly just reminded me of how isolated this place is. I grew up in the suburbs and lived very close to some hot spots in Pokémon Go, so it just made me reflect on a lot. I got to level 17 by paying for Pokéballs and Lucky Eggs. I am lucky enough to find Pokémon here, and I've even found some fairly rare or uncommon ones, with Ivysaur being my favorite catch so far (found a Snorlax here too, but meh). It's just that there are no stops or gyms. There are a lot of places that could or should be stops but haven't been marked in the game (churches, a fire dept, etc).

You're right though, it was a heavy case of FOMO. I've always been pretty okay living out here. It's quiet and chill despite being out of the way, but PoGo came out and really just sent some nasty kind of existential vibes at me. I've since accepted that there's pretty much nothing I can do in the short term and it's just how things are. Just going at my own pace and not really paying much mind to the game now, especially with the server issues. Yep, taking a step back from the hype and recalibrating my focus has helped a lot.

Come to think of it, fomo hit me really hard when I first jumped into mechanical keyboards too, haha. It's easy to get overwhelmed, but then you just take a step back and realize it's best to do your own thing.
« Last Edit: Sun, 17 July 2016, 12:32:44 by E3E »

Offline Sniping

« Reply #306 on: Mon, 18 July 2016, 04:28:26 »
Alakazam was on my radar earlier tonight but seems like the radar has been broken so I rode through half my town before it despawned......missed a dragonair tonight as well qqqqqqqq

Currently level 20, it's starting to get soooooo hard to level holy cow

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #307 on: Mon, 18 July 2016, 04:31:08 »
Pokemon Go and ctrl/alt found a way to get people off gh

GG.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #308 on: Mon, 18 July 2016, 06:29:52 »

There was a bit of a cascade effect that hit me hard at first, but I'm good now. It mainly just reminded me of how isolated this place is. I grew up in the suburbs and lived very close to some hot spots in Pokémon Go, so it just made me reflect on a lot. I got to level 17 by paying for Pokéballs and Lucky Eggs. I am lucky enough to find Pokémon here, and I've even found some fairly rare or uncommon ones, with Ivysaur being my favorite catch so far (found a Snorlax here too, but meh). It's just that there are no stops or gyms. There are a lot of places that could or should be stops but haven't been marked in the game (churches, a fire dept, etc).

You're right though, it was a heavy case of FOMO. I've always been pretty okay living out here. It's quiet and chill despite being out of the way, but PoGo came out and really just sent some nasty kind of existential vibes at me. I've since accepted that there's pretty much nothing I can do in the short term and it's just how things are. Just going at my own pace and not really paying much mind to the game now, especially with the server issues. Yep, taking a step back from the hype and recalibrating my focus has helped a lot.

Come to think of it, fomo hit me really hard when I first jumped into mechanical keyboards too, haha. It's easy to get overwhelmed, but then you just take a step back and realize it's best to do your own thing.

Okay. Now you are making sense. GO has just been an amplifier to an already existing feeling of isolation. I'm sorry you feel that way, and it seems you already cleared your head quite a bit. Keepin' on catching, but don't let yourself get caught up in the internet hype over how crazy far people are into this game already.

I know I have two baseball fields in my neighborhood that are both gyms. The pokemon there are already out of control. To hit stops I actually have to walk through a congested part of historic town. It works both ways, so I feel like the population makes a very casual player like myself unable to really "compete". I'm fine with it as I've enjoyed just catching stuff and asking questions to people on GH through PMs and chats about what is good and what I should do next. GO is a great bonding tool for me, and that is all it is.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline raymogi

« Reply #309 on: Mon, 18 July 2016, 06:33:14 »
They need to implement multi select ASAP.
Please feed my addiction.

Offline mrhead

• Thread \ (•◡•) / Stopper
« Reply #310 on: Mon, 18 July 2016, 11:12:46 »
I had big plans this weekend to get to level 12 but I wasn't able to make it.

I met a few other players locally late last week and over the weekend, kind of funny how people instantly bond just because we selected the same team to play on.  I'm slightly (only slightly) surprised at the variety of people who are playing - middle-aged women surprised me the most.  I was totally surprised by the middle-age men playing (NOT).

Offline -musubi

• Spam rice 'n eggs
« Reply #311 on: Mon, 18 July 2016, 11:58:48 »
They need to implement multi select ASAP.

Pls this would be so helpful.

On the contrary, they might be thinking of not implementing this just to make it HARDER to transfer pokemon and force people to invest more time into the game  :))

Offline E3E

« Reply #312 on: Mon, 18 July 2016, 21:00:30 »

Okay. Now you are making sense. GO has just been an amplifier to an already existing feeling of isolation. I'm sorry you feel that way, and it seems you already cleared your head quite a bit. Keepin' on catching, but don't let yourself get caught up in the internet hype over how crazy far people are into this game already.

I know I have two baseball fields in my neighborhood that are both gyms. The pokemon there are already out of control. To hit stops I actually have to walk through a congested part of historic town. It works both ways, so I feel like the population makes a very casual player like myself unable to really "compete". I'm fine with it as I've enjoyed just catching stuff and asking questions to people on GH through PMs and chats about what is good and what I should do next. GO is a great bonding tool for me, and that is all it is.

Yeah, it was just creating a longing to be back where I used to be and to just be able to walk out and explore like so many people are doing, haha. The feelings of isolation were something I had pretty much coped with up until that point. Quiet neighborhood, out of the way, safe--though the drive is something no one likes.

The game just blew the lid open on all of that for me. Definitely got hit with the fomo hard there. Level 17 might seem like a lot, but I have already seen, like, level 24s and such at the first gym out from here. I've just learned that I -will- have to take it at my own pace; I can let myself get too mixed up in trying to compete when the area isn't the best for it and such.

Pokémon Go is still a really sick game though, especially for those that grew up with Pokémon. It's insane how it just came in and took everyone by storm. It's a fun way to explore one's own town or city too if it's got landmarks that are noted in PoGo. That's something I noticed and really liked, that more than just catching Pokémon, having these landmarks being gyms and stops is a great way to learn more about the history there and spark interest.

It's definitely a great social tool and good for exercise too.
« Last Edit: Mon, 18 July 2016, 21:04:07 by E3E »

Offline Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
« Reply #313 on: Mon, 18 July 2016, 23:54:03 »
Saw a guy using an outlet behind a Vons that was way over his head just so he can continue to search for pokemon.

Offline mike52787

• Alps Aficionado
« Reply #315 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 06:53:46 »
I think I'm just going to quit playing (for now) to stop depressing myself from seeing everyone else having so much fun while I live in the middle of no where without a car. I spent cash on Pokéballs just to get to level 17 and I know there are people 10 above that in the city. Like, what I wish is that I could just go out and walk, but the first Pokéstop is 12 km up the road, and then there's like 8 km more before the next one and the first gym.
Thats rough. I have 3 pokestops and a gym within 15 minutes walking distance from me. I walked atleast 15k yesterday, which is very abnormal for me. This is the most exercise ive gotten in forever! :))

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #316 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 07:06:28 »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/POKEMON-GO-ACCOUNT-LEVEL-23-1800CP-GYARADOS-INCLUDED-/191926100769?hash=item2cafafe321:g:GWgAAOSwZVlXjZWD

Show Image

Is this for real? I can sell my account for a couple of grands then (Lvl 23, Dragonite, 2x Gyarados, 1x Lapras).

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #317 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 08:50:46 »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/POKEMON-GO-ACCOUNT-LEVEL-23-1800CP-GYARADOS-INCLUDED-/191926100769?hash=item2cafafe321:g:GWgAAOSwZVlXjZWD

Show Image

Is this for real? I can sell my account for a couple of grands then (Lvl 23, Dragonite, 2x Gyarados, 1x Lapras).

I don't see it anymore so I'm guessing eBay took it down, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Pokemon GO accounts coming up for sale on the game account auction websites pretty soon.  LoL accounts, WoW accounts, TF2 accounts, CS:GO accounts, etc are all sold and can sell for quite a bit depending on what is on the account, so it was only a matter of time before Pokemon GO ran into the same thing.
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #318 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 11:06:01 »

Show Image

I don't see it anymore so I'm guessing eBay took it down, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Pokemon GO accounts coming up for sale on the game account auction websites pretty soon.  LoL accounts, WoW accounts, TF2 accounts, CS:GO accounts, etc are all sold and can sell for quite a bit depending on what is on the account, so it was only a matter of time before Pokemon GO ran into the same thing.

There was a time when you could sell Runes Of Magic accounts for $300+ I can only imagine what a full tilt Pokemon GO account would fetch

Offline Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
« Reply #319 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 11:37:39 »

Show Image

It's not an auction so anyone can just put up whatever price they want.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #320 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 11:44:32 »

Show Image

There was a time when you could sell Runes Of Magic accounts for $300+ I can only imagine what a full tilt Pokemon GO account would fetch
Show Image

I missed the window but there was a time where I could've sold my LoL account for probably about $1000, simply because of a couple skins I had on the account :(
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #321 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 11:57:43 »
alright this game is dope now.

i learned to play :D

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #322 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 12:02:57 »
alright this game is dope now.

i learned to play :D

You git gud

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #323 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 12:07:33 »
Just caught a Jynx. Finally--no more freaking Drowzees.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #324 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 12:38:25 »
Will this be the summer, that America lose all its fat people due to Pokemon Go Training ?.. ?

Offline mrhead

• Thread \ (•◡•) / Stopper
« Reply #325 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 12:40:10 »
No.  Head fat is only lost by getting learned.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #326 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 12:40:46 »
Will this be the summer, that America lose all its fat people due to Pokemon Go Training ?.. ?

No. You can fat and Pokemon. It is called $ + uber.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #327 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 12:42:33 »

No. You can fat and Pokemon. It is called $ + uber.

I don't see how that's remotely affordable..

I guess if you have like a 4 people crew  per car ?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #328 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 12:46:37 »
Hrrrmm..
OK.

if you use a cheap $14,000 car that gets ~ 25 miles per gallon..

that's ~$5.00  per mile total cost, including wear and tear..

Soooooo...

If you got 5 people in the car.. have them pay you $1.5-3 per mile each..

That could work out...

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #329 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 12:50:03 »
Just caught a Jynx. Finally--no more freaking Drowzees.

lucky! i only get paras n pidgets

caught a hitmonlee last night though in my complex. that was p dope.

today i saw an abra but i had to restart and then i lost it :(

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #330 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 12:54:14 »
Caught a 456 Wartortle at work in the office :)
I love Elzy

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #331 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 14:27:27 »
Ran out of pokeballs tonight, only have a few stops near me so I am forced to only capture 4-6 pokemon a day ;-;
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #332 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 14:27:52 »
Time to pay to win. ^
I love Elzy

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #333 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 14:50:58 »
Time to pay to win. ^
Nah **** that nintendo won't get a penny from me, already bloody ordered the Pokemon Go Plus band, just wish they did better drops for the balls kinda stupid they cost Ł1 for 100
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
More

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #334 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 14:51:45 »
Time to pay to win. ^
Nah **** that nintendo won't get a penny from me, already bloody ordered the Pokemon Go Plus band, just wish they did better drops for the balls kinda stupid they cost Ł1 for 100

wow you bought the band ****ing pay 2 win loser
I love Elzy

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #335 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 14:53:45 »
Time to pay to win. ^

When does the band come out? I need the hottest fashion accessory

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #336 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 14:54:06 »
Time to pay to win. ^

Hows it pay to win, for a band that connect via bluetooth so I don't have my phone out? ****ing Sifo... NERD
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
More

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #337 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 14:54:51 »
Time to pay to win. ^

Hows it pay to win, for a band that connect via bluetooth so I don't have my phone out? ****ing Sifo... NERD

CUZ US POOR FREE2PLAY PLEBS HAVE TO USE OUR PHONES AND THEY DIE FASTER THAN THE BAND SO YOU CAN HATCH 5X MORE EGGS :'(
I love Elzy

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #338 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 15:02:55 »
110 out of 151 caught. There seem to be 145 available in the wild, then next 25 are going to take longer than the first 100, aren't they?

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #339 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 15:19:02 »
110 out of 151 caught. There seem to be 145 available in the wild, then next 25 are going to take longer than the first 100, aren't they?

Seeing as how 4 are region locked (you probably have at least one of them for your region) and 5 can only be caught through special events, yeah :\
I love Elzy

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #340 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 15:44:48 »
Time to pay to win. ^

CUZ US POOR FREE2PLAY PLEBS HAVE TO USE OUR PHONES AND THEY DIE FASTER THAN THE BAND SO YOU CAN HATCH 5X MORE EGGS :'(
Pleb you just ain't as cool as me, lub you though sifo
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
More

Offline drewba

« Reply #341 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 15:45:13 »
Yesterday I was on my bike pedaling through the neighborhood and saw a family of 4 on hoverboards looking for pokemon, I couldn't help but laugh. Then I realized their egg hatching efficiency must be through the roof.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #342 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 15:49:58 »
In my neighborhood, there's nothing. Rarely any pokemon show up and the nearest pokestop is a mile away....and it's the only one in the area. So playing at home is kinda slow but it's ok. I went up 9 levels to Level 13. And I think I grew my pokedex like 7x over. Guess I gotta drive downtown or somewhere with more pokestops/gyms to keep the momentum going. Been really fun overall :D

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #343 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 15:51:29 »
In heavily populated urban areas it really is a social phenomenon.
I love Elzy

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #344 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 16:31:24 »

i havent played w anyone yet :(

no one in my hood plays

Offline brighenne

« Reply #345 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 16:34:37 »

no one in my hood plays

I forget which city you're in, but I find that really hard to believe. Trek down to one of the piers, or stop by the Pike/shoreline area in LB on your way home from work, haha.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #346 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 22:22:42 »

no one in my hood plays

I forget which city you're in, but I find that really hard to believe. Trek down to one of the piers, or stop by the Pike/shoreline area in LB on your way home from work, haha.

I think what kenmai means is..

If he goes outside to play PokemanG,, there is a large likelihood of being robbed and organ harvested..

Offline R1N3

« Reply #347 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 23:24:19 »
BLUESTACKS GPS Spoofing master race reporting in

How those blisters feeling famalams?

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #348 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 23:56:07 »
BLUESTACKS GPS Spoofing master race reporting in

How those blisters feeling famalams?

kys

Offline brighenne

« Reply #349 on: Wed, 20 July 2016, 00:08:20 »

no one in my hood plays

I think what kenmai means is..

If he goes outside to play PokemanG,, there is a large likelihood of being robbed and organ harvested..

I live in the hood, I just bond with the gangbangers playing pokemans :D