Author Topic: What show has you hooked?  (Read 25018 times)

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
Re: What show has you hooked?
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 14 December 2014, 12:25:34 »
Gotham is somewhat of a Batman origin story.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #51 on: Fri, 26 December 2014, 19:41:27 »
And I juste binge watched the first seaon of the leftovers . Great show , I'm just scared it will end up being a lost like  but a great show so far .
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #52 on: Sat, 27 December 2014, 02:58:24 »

House of cards. :p
I ****ING HATE WHOPPERS WITH CHEESE, I'M JUST DOING IT FOR THE POWER
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline dimmu

« Reply #53 on: Sat, 27 December 2014, 03:40:30 »
sherlock
house of cards
breaking bad
firefly
true detective
dr who
arrested development

Offline Poostar

« Reply #54 on: Sat, 27 December 2014, 10:23:08 »
Just started watching breaking bad and i love it!

Offline mauri

« Reply #55 on: Sat, 27 December 2014, 12:22:25 »
You guys should check out Marco Polo. The first season just ended, not certain if it'll return for a 2nd but I loved it.

Kinda like game of thrones or tudors but in a different setting + a bit of kung fu. Great production value.

I AM BABAR KING OF THE ELEPHANTS

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #56 on: Sat, 27 December 2014, 12:27:44 »
I just finished Marco Polo and it was well worth the watch.
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline dimmu

« Reply #57 on: Sat, 27 December 2014, 12:31:00 »
You guys should check out Marco Polo. The first season just ended, not certain if it'll return for a 2nd but I loved it.

Kinda like game of thrones or tudors but in a different setting + a bit of kung fu. Great production value.

just heard about this. i was actually just waiting for the first season to finish so i can marathon it.

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #58 on: Sat, 27 December 2014, 12:37:40 »
I really liked "Friday night lights".

Based on the setting and plot I was expecting to hate it (texas, football, high school). But it was surprisingly good, and not at all what I expected. It might not have the popularity of a lot of the shows mentioned, but I think it is better written and acted than a lot of them.

Here is the pilot (entire first episode), give it a shot!
« Last Edit: Sat, 27 December 2014, 12:40:25 by Grim Fandango »
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline mauri

« Reply #59 on: Sat, 27 December 2014, 14:24:04 »
I really liked "Friday night lights".

Based on the setting and plot I was expecting to hate it (texas, football, high school). But it was surprisingly good, and not at all what I expected. It might not have the popularity of a lot of the shows mentioned, but I think it is better written and acted than a lot of them.

Here is the pilot (entire first episode), give it a shot!

Friday Night Lights is the ****, one of those shows that leave you empty inside for a while when it ends

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #60 on: Sun, 28 December 2014, 05:36:07 »

just heard about this. i was actually just waiting for the first season to finish so i can marathon it.

Just started watching this..

you know what.. 

Great cinematography

Good pace

Good story

The only problem.. is, in Hollywood, they've got some of the Ugliest chinese people I've ever seen..   

Offline mauri

« Reply #61 on: Sun, 28 December 2014, 09:02:30 »

you know what.. 

Great cinematography

Good pace

Good story

The only problem.. is, in Hollywood, they've got some of the Ugliest chinese people I've ever seen..   

Show Image
Show Image

How would you know who's chinese and who not.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #62 on: Sun, 28 December 2014, 23:13:45 »

you know what.. 

Great cinematography

Good pace

Good story

Show Image
Show Image

How would you know who's chinese and who not.

You can hear it in the way they speak english..

also.. one of the general dude is that guy from tokyo drift..  Now I can't take this show seriously at all..

So you see him riding the horse right..  and back of your mind you're thinking.. yea he switched to horses, because he lost that car race at the end of tokyo drift..

hahahahahaha

Offline jackalope

• Now with 20% more soul.
« Reply #63 on: Sun, 28 December 2014, 23:56:15 »

Just finished.  Loved the characters.
eh o well

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #64 on: Sun, 28 December 2014, 23:57:24 »

The khan is awful though.. and he's a pivotal figure... sigh....

There are too few asians in hollywood..  even fewer that can speak proper english..

and the few scenes where he's not wearing a shirt.. I mean.. come on.. a mongol with pathetically thin arms like that ?     

Small things like that really takes you out of the scene..

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #65 on: Mon, 29 December 2014, 00:01:20 »
Lately I have been contently watching the X-Files, and I will finish all nine seasons if its the last thing I do.

Offline jackalope

• Now with 20% more soul.
« Reply #66 on: Mon, 29 December 2014, 00:06:38 »

The khan is awful though.. and he's a pivotal figure... sigh....

There are too few asians in hollywood..  even fewer that can speak proper english..

and the few scenes where he's not wearing a shirt.. I mean.. come on.. a mongol with pathetically thin arms like that ?     

Small things like that really takes you out of the scene..

Agreed that the Great Khan could have been picked a bit better.
Lately I have been contently watching the X-Files, and I will finish all nine seasons if its the last thing I do.

Musings of a Cigarette Smoking Man season 4 episode 7 is my favorite.
eh o well

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • All the truth in the world is held in stories.
« Reply #67 on: Mon, 29 December 2014, 02:02:56 »
Watched the entirety of Avatar: The Last Airbender and Korra (seasons 1 and 2) over the course of 3 days. On vacation now but once I get back I'll be burning through S3 and S4.  :eek:
null

Offline dimmu

« Reply #68 on: Mon, 29 December 2014, 02:25:49 »
Watched the entirety of Avatar: The Last Airbender and Korra (seasons 1 and 2) over the course of 3 days. On vacation now but once I get back I'll be burning through S3 and S4.  :eek:

don't forget to watch the m nyt shyamalan film.
NSFL

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #69 on: Mon, 29 December 2014, 07:06:16 »

don't forget to watch the m nyt shyamalan film.
NSFL

Don't do this. This is a bad plan. That movie doesn't exist.
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline Belfong

« Reply #70 on: Mon, 29 December 2014, 07:23:51 »
I'm just starting on The Game of Thrones Season 2, having finished Season 1 last week. As a fan of the books, I'm just amazed at the great work they have done translating it to the TV series and how faithful they have been to the books.

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #71 on: Mon, 29 December 2014, 07:38:14 »
Just finished:

Boardwalk Empire
Sons of Anarchy
House

Waiting for shows to start:

Game of Thrones
House of Lies
House of Cards
Walking Dead
Agents of Shield

Filler shows:
The Flash
Gotham
Arrow

Currently Watching:

Marco Polo
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #72 on: Mon, 29 December 2014, 07:48:50 »
I'm just starting on The Game of Thrones Season 2, having finished Season 1 last week. As a fan of the books, I'm just amazed at the great work they have done translating it to the TV series and how faithful they have been to the books.
very true for first season but apparently it starts to derivate from the books after .
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline Belfong

« Reply #73 on: Mon, 29 December 2014, 08:00:06 »
very true for first season but apparently it starts to derivate from the books after .
Hmm.. Really? That's sad to hear! I'm starting Season 2 now, so we'll see!

Offline Xonar

• Cathode Ray Tubes
    • DPS
« Reply #74 on: Mon, 29 December 2014, 09:38:37 »
Coming up on my 4th time through the entire series of LOST. I think I have a problem. lol I was hooked on Breaking Bad before LOST, and now I can't wait for Better Call Saul.
IBM Model F XT 5291 Bigfoot x2 | Unicomp UN4KPHA JP Spacesaver M | IBM Model M 3270 APL 122-Key | SHARP X68000 | SGI AT-101 | Samsung TH-5539 FAME Blue Alps | IBM Japanese Pingmaster | HHKB Type-S | IBM Model M 1392595, 6/4/1990 | IBM Model M 1391401, 2/2/1988 | Lexmark-branded 1398601 Model M, 8/18/1995 | Unicomp UB40T5A 122-Key, 5/20/2011 | Sun Type 4 | Sun Type 5c | DEC LK-401AA

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #75 on: Mon, 29 December 2014, 13:08:51 »
Coming up on my 4th time through the entire series of LOST. I think I have a problem. lol I was hooked on Breaking Bad before LOST, and now I can't wait for Better Call Saul.

Do you watch the whole thing when you rewatch LOST?  I find myself "forgetting" to watch seasons 5 and 6...   :rolleyes:

Offline Voixdelion

« Reply #76 on: Wed, 31 December 2014, 06:05:15 »
I binge watched the entire first season of True Blood in one sitting.  It went steadily downhill after that, however.   

I was previously addicted to Breaking Bad, but I didn't get to binge watch it since I was on that train from the outset, having thought the premise to be interesting .  I suffered through every single cliffhanger ending from week to week and then the long ones at the season breaks and prayed they could keep it up till and through the finale, and that was some of the most top notch work from beginning to end.  Loved it. 

Now, though I find the Walking Dead to be pretty compelling, it isn't the one I can't do without.  Game of Thrones, same story.  This time something on a broadcast network has me addicted and loving it - am hooked entirely on Person of Interest.  That keeps getting better and better.  And Jim Caveizel (sp?) would have made a much better Batman for the upcoming movie than Ben Affleck.  Kinda really enjoying Tim Mison in the Sleepy Hollow series though...  My other really guilty pleasure that I dearly love is Supernatural - Gotta have me some DEAN WINCHESTER HOTNESS to keep the week alive! 

I still enjoy these

CSI (the original)
 Criminal Minds,
Castle,
the Mentalist,
Once Upon a Time (was a surprising hit with me),
Grimm
The Flash (warming up to that)
Marvels Agents of SHIELD (sort of lukewarm on that still) 
Arrow
Modern Family
Elementary
American Horror Story 
Big Bang Theory

But P.O.I. is the real gem out of them all.  I don't even remember what first intrigued me about it, but it is way exciting to watch even after they killed off Jos.   

And oddly enough, I can't wait for the next season of Dragons:Riders of Berk  - Toothless is too adorable and he reminds me of my black pitbull runt who has a similar personality.  I wanna make him a costume for halloween next year.    =)
"The more you tolerate each other, the less enforcement will happen."-iMav

Offline mauri

« Reply #77 on: Wed, 31 December 2014, 08:57:13 »
Binged thru Da Vinci's Demons. It was pretty cheesy but the story is pretty compelling.

Offline bowji

• Came for the Keycaps, stayed for the community.
« Reply #78 on: Wed, 31 December 2014, 09:53:37 »
Marvel agents of SHIELD  :thumb:
Skye is so hawt..
               FREE GIRLDC!!     코리안 스레드

Offline Xonar

• Cathode Ray Tubes
    • DPS
« Reply #79 on: Wed, 31 December 2014, 11:35:37 »

Do you watch the whole thing when you rewatch LOST?  I find myself "forgetting" to watch seasons 5 and 6...   :rolleyes:

I am bugged by seasons 5 and 6 to no end (mostly 6), but I can never let myself stop at 4 once I've committed to rewatching LOST.
IBM Model F XT 5291 Bigfoot x2 | Unicomp UN4KPHA JP Spacesaver M | IBM Model M 3270 APL 122-Key | SHARP X68000 | SGI AT-101 | Samsung TH-5539 FAME Blue Alps | IBM Japanese Pingmaster | HHKB Type-S | IBM Model M 1392595, 6/4/1990 | IBM Model M 1391401, 2/2/1988 | Lexmark-branded 1398601 Model M, 8/18/1995 | Unicomp UB40T5A 122-Key, 5/20/2011 | Sun Type 4 | Sun Type 5c | DEC LK-401AA

Offline Lain1911

• God of the Wired
« Reply #80 on: Wed, 31 December 2014, 11:44:02 »
Parasyte the maxim

Offline iri

« Reply #81 on: Thu, 01 January 2015, 09:14:01 »
neither house of cards nor the silicon valley is on the russian torrents, so i ended up downloading s01e01 of both sons of anarchy and utopia. going to watch today with beer and wife.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #82 on: Thu, 01 January 2015, 09:18:38 »
neither house of cards nor the silicon valley is on the russian torrents, so i ended up downloading s01e01 of both sons of anarchy and utopia. going to watch today with beer and wife.

I find it ironic that a russian isn't in touch with the Immense Torrent Prowess of his own country..

Believe me.. dem' russians got Bluray EVERYthing on torrent.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #83 on: Thu, 01 January 2015, 10:23:54 »
Just started watching the blacklist last night.

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #84 on: Thu, 01 January 2015, 10:34:23 »
The Wire....wow, seriously one of the most real feeling shows I've ever watched.  I love everything about it.
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #85 on: Thu, 01 January 2015, 11:48:39 »
The Wire....wow, seriously one of the most real feeling shows I've ever watched.  I love everything about it.

The most real... why would you want that.. You're already very real..

/TrekLyf

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #86 on: Thu, 01 January 2015, 11:59:03 »

The most real... why would you want that.. You're already very real..

/TrekLyf
I just mean the acting and filming locations are very genuine.
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #87 on: Thu, 01 January 2015, 12:39:31 »

Utopia is an obscenely good show. One of the best shows I've watched this year.
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #88 on: Thu, 01 January 2015, 12:40:08 »
That is assuming you're talking about the british show, not the reality show.
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline iri

« Reply #89 on: Thu, 01 January 2015, 14:16:01 »
dear, it was your very own post that brought my attention to this show.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #90 on: Thu, 01 January 2015, 14:33:00 »

Excellent.
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #91 on: Thu, 01 January 2015, 14:41:21 »

Excellent.

I can't find bray isos..

OMG... season 2's not even on bray yet.. 

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #92 on: Thu, 01 January 2015, 14:49:26 »

Excellent.

I can't find bray isos..

Show Image

Show Image

The best I'm seeing is a 10.5 gb web rip.
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #93 on: Thu, 01 January 2015, 15:00:46 »

Excellent.

I can't find bray isos..

Show Image

Show Image

The best I'm seeing is a 10.5 gb web rip.

I see a 23gb season 1 bray rip not iso.. and that 4.7gb hdtv rip...

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #94 on: Thu, 01 January 2015, 15:04:41 »
Which tracker do you use?
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #95 on: Thu, 01 January 2015, 15:10:59 »
Which tracker do you use?

We can't talk about that... it's tracker rule #1... No talking about trackers..

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #96 on: Thu, 01 January 2015, 15:16:22 »
Fair enough xD
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • All the truth in the world is held in stories.
« Reply #97 on: Wed, 07 January 2015, 22:11:37 »
OMG

Just finished the finale of Korra.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

So happy

So sad

Best ending to a show I've seen in ages but I'm so sad it's over.

I'm just going to go wallow in the corner of my bedroom and console myself now.
null

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #98 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 02:04:14 »
OMG

Just finished the finale of Korra.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

So happy

So sad

Best ending to a show I've seen in ages but I'm so sad it's over.

I'm just going to go wallow in the corner of my bedroom and console myself now.

I feel for you.

I hope they release graphic novels like they did with the Avatar: The Last Airbender storyline.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #99 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 02:18:44 »
I like The Eric Andre Show lately. One of the few current shows that legitimately makes me laugh.