Author Topic: MiTo signing off, goodbye GeekHack.  (Read 38391 times)

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
MiTo signing off, goodbye GeekHack.
« on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 18:08:22 »
« Last Edit: Thu, 11 August 2016, 14:21:07 by MiTo »

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
Re: MiTo signing off, goodbye GeekHack.
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 18:08:55 »
peace
I love Elzy

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 18:08:56 »
bye
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 18:09:27 »
tchau
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 18:15:02 »
The real tl;dr is "waaa waaa waaaaaa"

Even when you try to apologize, you come off like an ass because you try to justify and slyly insult people that spoke against your stupidity.

Also, why are you blaming SP of all things?  Don't answer, though, since you left.
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 December 2014, 18:18:10 by tjcaustin »

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 18:16:27 »
adios

Offline Belfong

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 18:18:27 »
Hmm.. interesting farewell note. Good bye!

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 18:26:24 »
I don't know anything about this, because this is an area of Geekhack that I do not visit. I am an English-speaking-American-ANSI typist, and I do not use Cherry or Topre keyboards or collect those caps.

I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience, and I have no idea who is right and who is wrong, if anyone.

But I do know that people here can get petty and cruel, like naughty schoolchildren, and that you are not the first one to be chased away.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 18:30:21 »
I don't know anything about this, because this is an area of Geekhack that I do not visit. I am an English-speaking-American-ANSI typist, and I do not use Cherry or Topre keyboards or collect those caps.

I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience, and I have no idea who is right and who is wrong, if anyone.

But I do know that people here can get petty and cruel, like naughty schoolchildren, and that you are not the first one to be chased away.

i'll give you a quick tl;dr

mito got caught supporting fake clacks. mito got called out, and talked crap about nubs and bunny. mito did a 180 and tried to sweep everything under the rug and befriend everybody that he talked crap about. nobody bought it.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 18:35:21 »
aww man i was enjoying the drama
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 18:45:21 »
TLDR: I'm quitting because the actions of a few members destroyed me from inside and I'm exhausted.
:))

A few things i just want to say.

People tried to help you, but it was your own actions that destroyed yourself.

SP is a business. They arent your friend who promises you something and they'll make it up to you if they cant fulfill it.
They're like Little Caesars pizza with Hot N Ready pizzas. They tell you they have pizzas for $5 and people go buy them. One of their oven's could break or they get understaffed, which can happen without warning. You go up to order after waiting in line and they tell you it's going to be 20 minutes because of a problem. You're mad because you waited in line when they should have Hot N Ready pizza, but you can still order your pizza, knowing there is a 20 minute wait.
Would you get mad at them for taking the order and the orders of the people behind you in line? It makes no sense

I like pizza.

I'm also hungry.

What should i get to eat?

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 18:51:09 »
Hello GeekHack.

Most of you probably don't know me, but I've been hanging here for quite a while. I'm the designer of the PuLSE SA keyset and I'm also the designer of both Olimitto and Cospar SA, that was supposed to launch today on PMK.com. Keyboards became a hobby to me when I saw a picture of a Poker II and found it very interesting, because I didn't know that keyboards could be anything less than 100% sized. A friend of mine have a TKL with Browns and he showed it to me and all of a sudden, I was all into it.

The first community I got to known was /r/MK and they were very receptive to my questions, ideas and everything. More than quickly, mechs became a hobby. I ordered mine and started playing with it. Next step was customization and I felt that I should try to design something after seeing Raindrop.

Because of my personality and my problem understanding others (native language is PT), PuLSE received a lot of hate but yet, it succeeded. I misunderstood some users and some users misunderstood me, but because the idea was very nice, it did pretty well.

One day, I declared that I was kind of "ok" with K3 behavior. For those who don't know, K3 is an user from Vietnam that copied the ClickClack Skulls design and started selling them online. Because of my declarations, a lot of hate and flaming began towards me and all of a sudden, elder members decided to harm me by boycotting something that I worked almost on my own for several months. They started to boycott Cospar with infamous jokes, flaming and stupidity. I won't judge them, it seems that I deserve the hate.

The thread slowly died and everyone besides a couple of members stood with me. Data, Alex, CJ, MC and Renne were the only ones that at least tried to help me decide what could be done in order to make this group buy possible. I ordered a color ring and had to decide colors on my own because nobody even answered. The project was almost perfect, if it wasn't by the R3 Shift keys, it would be flawless. I spent nights doing calculations in order to make it affordable without losing it's unique (ridiculous, like the elders said) look. I felt like doing it because nobody tried something like Cospar before and the SPH 4 and well, Deep Space, are the closest ones.

I'm exhausted.

Today I tried to show up here with happiness and enthusiasm, because Cospar was supposed to launch today. I even tried to design a new icon in order to bring life back to the project but clearly, no one liked it and I don't have energy to keep it up. I spent hours designing and visually polishing the project for you people but clearly, it's not very good. I can't even read the word Cospar anymore. I can't even get into GeekHack or /r/MK anymore.

I absolutely lost the pleasure I had with keyboards because it sucks to feel like you're doing something cool for the community but no one really cares. Lies were spread about me, jokes about my family, my personal life and stuff like that. Some people created fake accounts on Reddit to stalk me and flame me too. It feels like I tried too hard. It's depressing.

Also, I want to mention that Signature Plastics is a weird company and they are flooded with orders and stuff to do, PuLSE is delayed and many other keysets are being made there right now. I say that they are weird because they don't seem to care if they are behind schedule or not, they keep receiving massive orders because well, capitalism. They didn't prepare decent advertisement for Cospar and let me tell you something, their website is a complete crap.

I already told them thousands of times to develop a decent mobile version, their site is very slow and buggy almost 100% of the time, and honestly? They seem to have forgotten about Cospar. It's December 1st and they didn't anything. I won't even submit the project anymore, it's dead, I'm exhausted and tired, I can't keep doing everything on my own anymore.

I'm all alone and my past mistakes burned my image here and clearly it didn't heal.

I am very sad. A huge thank you for all of the members that were kind to me and that helped me in some way.

Thanks for all of you that PMd me with requests, suggestions and support (I received a lot of PMs because BunnyLake declared that everyone who eventually suported me would be banned from Ctrl.Alt.  and because of that, members started speaking to me privately in order to preserve themselves). I'm sorry guys, I'm very sorry but I don't have energy or motivation anymore, sorry for not being able to deliver this time, like I did with PuLSE (will start shipping on Dec 18th).

I will see what I can do about the PuLSE R4 Shift keys, you buyers will not be forgotten. You will have these keys sooner or later. 

I am quitting the mechanical keyboard world, because I'm too sad and hurt to stay here, I loved this as a hobby but my bad actions and other members bad actions, killed me. I had a good eye, cool ideas (8 keysets completely designed and ready to be launched) and sincerely, today you're losing a decent designer. But don't worry because talented people like Dvoryke and Booper are there and I'm sure many others will come.

Good bye,

MiTo

TLDR: I'm quitting because the actions of a few members destroyed me from inside and I'm exhausted.

LINKS:

Cospar SA GB Thread - https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=66212.0#lastPost
Cospar SA IC Thread - https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=62327.0
PuLSE SA GB Thread - https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=62554.0

LOL. I thought you left ages ago.

Mod note: removed personal information from quote.
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 December 2021, 18:04:43 by jxliu »
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline renne

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 18:52:14 »
I've no idea who is right and who is wrong. But as a young man, if I did anything wrong, I'd apologize first. Then, start to do the right thing.
Life need to be moved on. And quit is not a good choice of fixing the problem.

Offline slickmamba

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 18:58:21 »
I've no idea who is right and who is wrong. But as a young man, if I did anything wrong, I'd apologize first. Then, start to do the right thing.
Life need to be moved on. And quit is not a good choice of fixing the problem.

Quitting is much easier to do.  Avoiding issues is the thing most young people do.
Hi :)

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 19:01:06 »
Bye pal.

You have a talent for acting the victim.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 19:02:09 »
Bye pal.

You have a talent for acting the victim.

You're not the only one that thinks this.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 19:05:26 »
step 1

launch group buy

step 2

see that group buy isnt going to plan instantly

step 3

stir up more drama in such a way that if it works, i can come back to gb and claim moment of weakness, but if it fails i can pretend i meant it

step 4

the waiting game
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 19:09:50 »
step 1

launch group buy

step 2

step 3

stir up more drama in such a way that if it works, i can come back to gb and claim moment of weakness, but if it fails i can pretend i meant it

step 4

the waiting game

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 19:15:49 »
step 1

launch group buy

step 2

step 3

step 4

the waiting game

No Bunny Dont take the bait!
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 December 2014, 19:26:23 by PunksDead »
don't come to my funeral, there wont be one

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #19 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 19:18:53 »
in real talk though mito i do have some words for you

apart from the contradiction of quitting, you are clearly a dedicated guy, and im sure somewhere there is a place that you can excel, you will take these words as an insult but they arent meant that way at all, but you just need a little time to find yourself, and understand the difference between how others view your actions and how you view them

right now, everything you say comes across as very manipulative and self serving, you may not mean it that way, but im sure it isnt just me who views it as such

this community is a tough place man, and you have to be humble and earn your stripes so to speak, and perhaps it just isnt the right place for your personality right now

we have had our issues, and i wont lie, ill be happy when you are gone so there isnt these constant backhanded jabs and such at me, but as i say, im sure somewhere there is a place you will do very well for yourself, it may not be your next venture, or the one after, but at some point, im sure you will go on to do something you truly enjoy, and that you will do well at it, and i wish you every success when you find that place or niche that is suited to you

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #20 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 19:26:26 »
Par

Offline tbc

« Reply #21 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 19:47:52 »

has anyone that made a big deal about leaving gh ever actually left?  where making a new account counts as not leaving?

ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline dante

« Reply #22 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 19:54:04 »

has anyone that made a big deal about leaving gh ever actually left?  where making a new account counts as not leaving?

I've tried leaving several times.  GH is like an abusive girlfriend that is really good in the bed.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #23 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 20:04:09 »
Another member bullied into leaving due to drama that folks refuse to resolve like adults?

Boy, I would've never expected that from Geekhack.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #24 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 20:05:42 »
Drama and SA profile seem to follow you. Most of us are better off without those. Good luck!
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #25 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 20:06:32 »

I've tried leaving several times.  GH is like an abusive girlfriend that is really good in the bed.

Hmm, haven't seen that side of it. What does GH do for you exactly, in bed?
I'm back.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #26 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 20:18:42 »
GH is like an abusive girlfriend that is really good in the bed.
I really like this quote! Saved for future and of course, credit goes to dante@GH.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #27 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 20:38:27 »
You guys are ****s.. man.. ****s......   If GH gets hacked again.. I blame all of you...

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #28 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 20:46:25 »
Worst break up note ever...

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #29 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 20:49:46 »
After the little disagreement, you and I never really had any further interactions. I just became indifferent to the things you were doing. I won't say that I'll miss your presence, but neither has it annoyed me recently. But I can certainly identify with a change in attitude toward a hobby or forum. I've found other forums where I fit in and get along well with the members, but for one reason or another I just lose interest.

As Bunny said, I too wish you success in your future ventures. Maybe you will find somewhere you can express your creative impulses without alienating part of the user base due to personal feelings or issues. Good luck!
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline ablooga

« Reply #30 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 20:52:38 »
Sounds like he went emo, and offed himself.... is this guy famous? @.@???

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #31 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 20:53:22 »
is this guy famous? @.@???

Infamous. :)
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #32 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 20:58:15 »
2/10 ... Would not skim over again.

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #33 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 21:35:53 »
I know nothing of you or the situations or topics discussed. I will however give my two cents.

I was a community manager for a different forum and I have witnessed the demise of many members.

Here is my brief guide to not get flamed (and subsequently sidelined).

As a new member only comment on things you have constructive feedback on.  Channel the words of our mothers, "if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all". This will keep you from pissing off people who have good standing in the community which will polarize the community against you before you can make your own place. 

Handle controversy with grace. I know when someone pisses me off with their comments it is really easy to respond with venom and angst. Unfortunately that almost never ends well.

Avoid topics that cut deep in the community. I don't know much about the fake clack situation, but I know a lot of people spend crazy money on clacks, so fakes cause major upheaval. Even knowing or having anything nice to say about someone involved in something like that can get you burned. Its not even about you anymore, but you are stuck with it.

I don't want this to sound like a lecture because I don't know you are anything about this. I just don't like to see anyone lose their passion about something because of a bad experience.  Remember that everyone is just interacting with their ideas and a keyboard and screen, it is easy to over do it and get carried away.

Have a thick skin and remember to always try to be kind and generous, and the passion will return. Best of luck. :)

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #34 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 22:27:12 »
it kind of saddens me how bad people get at communicating/discussing things when they're on the Internet a lot...
and how much it affects people. I think it's important to chill a bit extra when you spend a lot of time on the Internet, for these reasons.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #35 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 23:10:03 »
it kind of saddens me how bad people get at communicating/discussing things when they're on the Internet a lot...
and how much it affects people. I think it's important to chill a bit extra when you spend a lot of time on the Internet, for these reasons.

+1  I also find this.  If someone writes something that really erks me, I try to just take a breath and not respond right away.  With a little time I can usually find a more graceful way to disagree without saying something like "your a ****ing moron", which usually will just make things worse and make everyone have a bad day.

Offline tbc

« Reply #36 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 23:38:48 »

ts is going to be one happily bruised fellow lol

ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline iri

« Reply #37 on: Tue, 02 December 2014, 02:52:08 »
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #38 on: Tue, 02 December 2014, 11:27:20 »
It's never good to lose a member.

MiTo, I think you once again misjudged the situation, your Cospar GB didn't get the attention perhaps because it wasn't to the current taste trends, it's the end of the year, people are busy wrapping up work and preparing for holiday, etc, there could be a multitude of reasons. Many members put lots of hours into GB preparation, but finally nothing happens because there wasn't enough interest. So please do not blame what happened with the fake clacks, many would have even forgotten about it and moved on. I think it was just bad timing, also deep space is similarly themed and not the exact colorway but in the vicinity to cause a distraction, not to forget already running on PMK.

Highly appreciate the posts by bunnylake and JDCarpe, they've shown yet again why they are so loved on this forum.

Offline mogo

• handshoes and horse grenades
« Reply #39 on: Tue, 02 December 2014, 11:40:13 »
slyly
awww, a new word :3
Nope. Adverb form of an old word.

I know nothing of you or the situations or topics discussed. I will however give my two cents.

I was a community manager for a different forum and I have witnessed the demise of many members.

Here is my brief guide to not get flamed (and subsequently sidelined).

As a new member only comment on things you have constructive feedback on.  Channel the words of our mothers, "if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all". This will keep you from pissing off people who have good standing in the community which will polarize the community against you before you can make your own place. 

Handle controversy with grace. I know when someone pisses me off with their comments it is really easy to respond with venom and angst. Unfortunately that almost never ends well.

Avoid topics that cut deep in the community. I don't know much about the fake clack situation, but I know a lot of people spend crazy money on clacks, so fakes cause major upheaval. Even knowing or having anything nice to say about someone involved in something like that can get you burned. Its not even about you anymore, but you are stuck with it.

I don't want this to sound like a lecture because I don't know you are anything about this. I just don't like to see anyone lose their passion about something because of a bad experience.  Remember that everyone is just interacting with their ideas and a keyboard and screen, it is easy to over do it and get carried away.

Have a thick skin and remember to always try to be kind and generous, and the passion will return. Best of luck. :)

Swill hits it on the head. I'm new here and I follow these kind of rules closely. When I see drama I try to walk on by and I only post if I can be helpful or entertaining (and I try to remain humble because I don't always succeed).

Offline Coreda

« Reply #40 on: Tue, 02 December 2014, 12:19:52 »
Mis-read the title as 'imsto' :o, until I read the OP. Didn't know MiTo but hope they cheer up for the festive season.

Offline Data

« Reply #41 on: Tue, 02 December 2014, 12:54:40 »
Good luck MiTo.  Don't let this experience diminish your love of keyboards, bro.

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #42 on: Tue, 02 December 2014, 13:02:26 »
It's never good to lose a member.

MiTo, I think you once again misjudged the situation, your Cospar GB didn't get the attention perhaps because it wasn't to the current taste trends, it's the end of the year, people are busy wrapping up work and preparing for holiday, etc, there could be a multitude of reasons. Many members put lots of hours into GB preparation, but finally nothing happens because there wasn't enough interest. So please do not blame what happened with the fake clacks, many would have even forgotten about it and moved on. I think it was just bad timing, also deep space is similarly themed and not the exact colorway but in the vicinity to cause a distraction, not to forget already running on PMK.

Highly appreciate the posts by bunnylake and JDCarpe, they've shown yet again why they are so loved on this forum.

Exactly. I think most users just don't have the cash right now, and as Mito said, there have been a continuous run of gb's on pmk, so the market is saturated with different options if you want pmk keycaps.

Offline Rainbow_

• zealio master race
« Reply #43 on: Tue, 02 December 2014, 15:47:59 »
rip in peace
Zealio Master Race

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #44 on: Tue, 02 December 2014, 17:29:14 »
« Last Edit: Thu, 11 August 2016, 14:23:32 by MiTo »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #45 on: Tue, 02 December 2014, 17:41:15 »
aint nobody trying to do ****.

i gave him a tl;dr version of your whole time here. spare me the victim attitude.

if you really wanted to leave you would have just left already. you just did this **** for attention.

"im too tired. im too exhausted. im too depressed."

but you continue to reply and type out lengthy responses.

you really want to leave.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #46 on: Tue, 02 December 2014, 17:50:37 »
Shortly after writing the note on OP, I closed GeekHack and unsubbed on /r/MK because I didn't want any kind of interaction or reminder of anything related to keyboards

However, I received a couple of personal messages and decided to come back to read what was happening on this thread.

Clearly, most of you didn't understand why I decided to quit. And for all of you making fun of me, suppositions (i.e. BunnyLake's first reply - thanks for the second one though, I also wish you the best of luck, again I'm sorry), making jokes and trying to ridicularize me (like Demik and others), I will just ignore you because you're mean people and can't understand what you have done to me.

Sure I made mistakes, but I tried to apologize and stay positive, change my attitude.

But your actions started a wave of hate on me that absolutely destroyed all of the passion I had for a hobby.

I'll quote what I mentioned on OP and apparently you didn't read:

"I absolutely lost the pleasure I had with keyboards because it sucks to feel like you're doing something cool for the community but no one really cares. Lies were spread about me, jokes about my family, my personal life and stuff like that. Some people created fake accounts on Reddit to stalk me and flame me too. It feels like I tried too hard. It's depressing."

I received toxic messages even on my personal page on Facebook.

PuLSE is 4 weeks delayed and somehow, random dudes thought that it was my fault and I was forced to read heavy insults towards myself and my family and even scamming acusations. I don't know if they are the same guys, amongst others, trashing me on Reddit but I don't even care anymore. Clearly something wrong happened somewhere and people misunderstood a couple of things. They don't have a clue about everything that happened with PuLSE. I was only the designer, I don't have anything to do with the company.

I bought a Gasmask from a user here on GeekHack and the post office didn't deliver it like the website was saying. It took a few days to my proxy actually receive it. Something happened on the Post Office because a few packages under my name arrived at the same day. Stuff that I didn't remember. Then, the seller posted this message here (https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=64223.msg1503200#msg1503200) and that's why I believe that some one Reddit messaged me this:

"Did your mom get you keycaps yet, you prick? Maybe she couldn't find them because delivery was too deep inside her ***hole."

This was the first offensive message I received, many weeks ago. But it didn't stop there, others were sent.

For a couple of weeks these randoms kept doing their "revenge" against me and I don't even know why.

I'm exhausted, I'm deppresed and that's why I'm quitting.

I never thought that a very funny hobby and a way to express my creativity, would turn into this.

I didn't quit because low interest was shown on Cospar's thread. I was already waiting for this to happen, we are at the end of the year, people have bills to pay. No one cares about keycaps when there is a family to be fed. I didn't even submit the Group Buy on PMK because I'm exhausted, I'm done, I just want to forget that I ever did anything related to keyboards.

This entire text is very bad written because my english isn't good, but maybe you'll understand. I'm too tired to keep writting and I don't know what to say anymore.

treat others as you wish to be treated yourself sir, and none of this would happen to you

you cant really play the victim here, it wasnt so long ago you were insulting my intelligence and my education because of the way i type, which has nothing to do with my education and everything to do with me having my hand and wrist crushed in a car accident and having no feeling in my fingers

this thread went pretty well, not too much negativity, a few people with positive things to say and goodbyes, take it for what it is, and move on if thats really your intention, and if it isnt, stop all the silliness

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #47 on: Tue, 02 December 2014, 17:51:01 »
I thought you quit.

I'll tl;dr for those that have him on ignore again.

"waaaa waaaaa waaaaaaaa"

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #48 on: Tue, 02 December 2014, 18:27:22 »
Hmmm, he's leaving, he's coming, he's deleted, he's posting, make up your mind!
I'm back.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #49 on: Tue, 02 December 2014, 18:37:33 »
I knew he wouldn't leave without drama.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90