Author Topic: What was in your Jul 2013 SP Crap Bag?  (Read 32394 times)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
What was in your Jul 2013 SP Crap Bag?
« on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 15:10:30 »
Please post pictures here of what you got in your July 2013 SP Crap Bag.

Hopefully this thread can serve as a reference next time they come around and everyone wonders what was in the last bags.

"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: What was in your Jul 2013 SP Crap Bag?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 15:14:07 »
soon :eek:

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 15:19:40 »
Mine says "delivered" so when I get home from work it is sorting and picture time.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 16:04:13 »
Looking forward to see if there's some interesting stuff in the bags of if they're largely junk.  Here's hoping SP makes them cheaper next time around.

And if anyone gets a pony cap, I WANTS IT!
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 August 2013, 16:07:10 by nubbinator »

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 16:04:56 »
edit: removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 August 2013, 16:10:34 by kenmai9 »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 16:11:14 »
Looking forward to see if there's some interesting stuff in the bags of if they're largely junk.  Here's hoping SP makes them cheaper next time around.

like this one?

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 16:17:49 »
like this one?

(Attachment Link)

Yup, like that one.  I love all the ponies, but the pink one is by far my favorite.  No one wants to part with one solo though :(

I am wondering what will be in the crap bags, if they'll be worth it or almost exclusively trash.  Considering that they bumped the price up, they had better be worth it.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 16:22:24 »
like this one?

(Attachment Link)

Yup, like that one.  I love all the ponies, but the pink one is by far my favorite.  No one wants to part with one solo though :(

I am wondering what will be in the crap bags, if they'll be worth it or almost exclusively trash.  Considering that they bumped the price up, they had better be worth it.

I'm sure we could work something out ;)

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 17:09:03 »

Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 17:10:39 »

Ahahahaha.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 17:11:18 »
Gross.
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline jalaj

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 17:22:30 »

I think i spot a pony in there, better contact nubbinator. :p
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 August 2013, 17:37:19 by jalaj »

Offline HoosTrax

« Reply #12 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 17:34:48 »
How about a teaser:

Now, to start sorting this mess...

Offline jalaj

« Reply #13 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 17:36:44 »
have fun, helps to have a large flat surface

Cool, they have spacebars this time around!
Might be able to create a full uniform DS keyset.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 August 2013, 17:49:52 by jalaj »

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 17:45:19 »
All those pretty colors makes me think that maybe I should have bought a bag.

Offline chocobunny

« Reply #15 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 17:48:15 »
I'm glad I only ordered 1 bag.  Crappy pictures incoming!

Lots of unusable POS terminal stuff and a crap ton of white on black doubleshots that I didn't bother to take any pictures of.  First crap bag and probably last, but it was fun anyways.

Offline jalaj

« Reply #16 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 17:53:37 »
You got a lot of novelty keycaps that people would want. The spanish keycaps are cool too.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 17:56:21 »
You got a hapster, which is an awesome cap.  I'm jealous of it.  I know there are plenty of people who would pay decently for one.

And I actually really like that shift key that has the black of the first shot showing.  If it's usable, that would be a really cool cap to have fun with.

Edit:  Looking closer, you should be able to get your money back if you want by selling stuff off.  You have a ton of set specific geek hack caps which always go quickly, a union jack cap I've never seen before, and a bunch of interesting little things you could sell.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 August 2013, 18:03:29 by nubbinator »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #18 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 17:56:32 »
I'm glad I only ordered 1 bag.  Crappy pictures incoming!
More
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image
Lots of unusable POS terminal stuff and a crap ton of white on black doubleshots that I didn't bother to take any pictures of.  First crap bag and probably last, but it was fun anyways.

A hapster :eek:

And that enter with its ribs showing is pretty cool.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 August 2013, 19:00:06 by SpAmRaY »

Offline Appeac

« Reply #19 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 18:05:10 »
I really want an Ayuda key.
FC660C
122 Terminal M w/ Soarer board

Offline tehsprayer

« Reply #20 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 18:10:19 »
What's a hapster cap?

REΛLFORCE 87U - uniform 55g

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 18:11:55 »
Hapster indeed!  Grats :)  Almost makes the whole bag worth it.

And that blue space bar in the earlier pic - nice :)

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 18:16:50 »
ok now i regret not getting one of these again, so many goodies in there. though there is a chance you get nothing good and $40-50 may not be worth the risk.

Offline Amble

« Reply #23 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 18:27:54 »
The Union Jack is really cool.  Most people could probably make their money back in a least trades.  I am always interest in white on black 1.25x mods... hint hint.

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 18:54:34 »
I really want an Ayuda key.

I got a few DSA Ayuda keys in yellow.  And borrar.  And jugar.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline HoosTrax

« Reply #25 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 19:19:21 »
Results of my sorting efforts so far (still a ways to go, including a boatload of white, gray, and black keys to go through.):

Offline jabar

« Reply #26 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 19:20:32 »
totally worth $50+  :))
Leopold FC660C - Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 - Ducky DK9008 Shine II 78 Edition - Noppoo Choc Mini - Cherry G80-2100HDD - Cherry G80-8113HDPUS - Plu-M87 - Leopold FC700R Ergo Clears - Deck Legend Frost 105 - IBM F PC Keyboard - IBM M 122 (Lexmark) - Apple Extended Keyboard II

Phantom 7bit

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #27 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 19:22:36 »
That smiley cap is amazing, I'm quite jealous of it.  I also seem to remember someone trying to get as many of those star caps as possible.

totally worth $50+  :))

If I didn't already get a bag of ~100 off of someone, it would have totally been worth it to me.  Those caps are perfect for different experiments and playing around.  I've wrecked so many caps in pursuit of playing around and making new caps that it's not even funny.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 August 2013, 19:24:08 by nubbinator »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #28 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 19:23:57 »
There's some pretty good finds turning up, and lots of crap, but what else would you expect.

Offline chocobunny

« Reply #29 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 19:29:24 »
I'm not sure what's more disappointing, getting a lot of reject G keys or not getting enough of them to fill in the alphas.  :))

You got a hapster, which is an awesome cap.  I'm jealous of it.  I know there are plenty of people who would pay decently for one.

And I actually really like that shift key that has the black of the first shot showing.  If it's usable, that would be a really cool cap to have fun with.

Edit:  Looking closer, you should be able to get your money back if you want by selling stuff off.  You have a ton of set specific geek hack caps which always go quickly, a union jack cap I've never seen before, and a bunch of interesting little things you could sell.

Oh sweet, I'm guessing the hapster cap is the smiley face one that I gave to my sister and that I promptly need to take backsies.  :blank:

Offline Rayne

• For Science!
« Reply #30 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 19:31:09 »
When I first saw these I thought it was kinda pointless to get one, but now I kinda wish I had gotten one, it looks like it would we fun to sort through them.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #31 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 19:31:36 »
I'm not sure what's more disappointing, getting a lot of reject G keys or not getting enough of them to fill in the alphas.  :))
Show Image

Oh sweet, I'm guessing the hapster cap is the smiley face one that I gave to my sister and that I promptly need to take backsies.  :blank:

One of them is upside down too!

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #32 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 19:33:37 »

Yes, it's that yellow smiley.  It started as a joke drawn on a cap, then became something glorious.

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #33 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 19:58:39 »
Some good hauls so far.  Wish I had the budget for a bag, maybe next time.

If anyone wants to get rid of some of their trash caps, I am looking for Function/number row caps to goof off with. 
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #34 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 20:00:33 »

If anyone wants to get rid of some of their trash caps, I am looking for Function/number row caps to goof off with. 

Just keep an eye on Classifieds.

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #35 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 20:01:33 »

Just keep an eye on Classifieds.

I am.  I just didn't want to add yet another "WTB" to them.
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline Toad1677

« Reply #36 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 20:08:18 »
Here's some pics of what I got today.  Still got to do more sorting :eek:

QFR MX Blue, Blackbird MX Blue, KBP V60 MX Green, KUL ES-87 MX Green, Pok3r Mx Clear

Offline le_doosh

« Reply #37 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 20:10:15 »
2 hapsters and 2 "mystery" keys, nice

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #38 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 20:12:37 »
so much nyan.. but no cat so far

Offline Toad1677

« Reply #39 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 20:16:12 »
so much nyan.. but no cat so far

It doesn't look like I got the cat :'(
QFR MX Blue, Blackbird MX Blue, KBP V60 MX Green, KUL ES-87 MX Green, Pok3r Mx Clear

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #40 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 20:37:40 »
There's quite a few great finds this time!

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #41 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 20:46:47 »
Show Image

I got plenty of reject G's if you want to round out the collection.

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #42 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 21:13:49 »
If anyone gets a 7x Pink or blue spacebar (maybe modifiers if you have any) please let me know :)
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #43 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 21:15:07 »
Wow, so much win in the crap bags.

I should have ordered one too :(

Offline lcs

• Lover of Grape Drank
  • はやく
« Reply #44 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 21:15:58 »

But you didn't because you got clacks :P

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #45 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 21:23:21 »

Me, sir, *looks left*  *looks right*, when did I get a clack?

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #46 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 21:33:54 »

weren't you the one that click clack first confirmed of being 'in'? what happeend to that?

Offline elton5354

« Reply #47 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 21:36:05 »
Here's some pics of what I got today.  Still got to do more sorting :eek:

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Sell me that Hapster? :D

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #48 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 21:37:02 »

weren't you the one that click clack first confirmed of being 'in'? what happeend to that?

Long Story. Don't have any Clack. :)

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #49 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 21:37:07 »
I like that red "KILL" keycap :P
Would be good for my sprint key in FPS games :))

Offline HoosTrax

« Reply #50 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 22:16:22 »
I was actually going to use it as a backspace, but it turns out it doesn't have the right stem locations (2 instead of 3, and no middle stem).

---

For those people PMing me about specific keys -- I'll try to get back to you guys tomorrow morning, need some rest. Also, how do you guys usually ship individual keys? Padded mailer? I'm more used to shipping way larger things like computer parts that involving foam peanuts + cardboard boxes, which would be way overkill for something this size lol.

Offline Turbo Slaab

« Reply #51 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 22:28:26 »
If anyone gets a turbo key, I'll pay top dollar for it! :))
Looking for CC's!

Offline Hak Foo

• Make America Clicky Again!
« Reply #52 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 22:35:41 »
Some initial thoughts:

* The "interesting" DCS stuff.  A mutant Blue Hapster and a Mystery Key 3 are of note; the others just have novel legends.  There was only one conventional space bar, and it was pretty long, possibly 8x.  The F13 is sadly not the right row for functions, thus making it harder to incorporate into a layout as a Spinal Tap sort of "Ours go to 13" joke.

* SO MUCH DSA!  I'd guess 30% of my bag was DSA.  Sadly, almost all of it was 1x1 keys.  My favourite finds:  A few extra RUN STOPs and some UK-style pound-sign-3 keys.  I haven't finished sorting through it, but there are a lot of "Ayuda" (yellow) and "Jugar" (red) keys.

* More "malformed" stuff than I expected, but a lot of it was very consistently the same faults.

* An interesting variety of non-MX caps-- some ML-style, a handful of ALPS style, and those phone-pad style ones.

* Some SA keys too.  The 2.0x one is not MX-compatible.
Overton130, Box Pale Blues.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #53 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 22:35:46 »
I was actually going to use it as a backspace, but it turns out it doesn't have the right stem locations (2 instead of 3, and no middle stem).

There are often quite a few like this - they are from PoS systems.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #54 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 22:49:22 »
That blue hapster is amazing.  And I'm amazed at how much trash they're tossing in as "caps".  I don't remember seeing that many unusable caps in bags in the past.

Offline Neal

« Reply #55 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 22:55:45 »
That blue hapster :O

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #56 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 23:00:50 »
I didn't even notice that!  Wow! :eek:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #57 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 00:41:45 »
Please try to keep this thread to pictures of what you got.

To buy, sell or trade, hoggy has allowed this thread in Classifieds to be used by everyone.

Thank you :)

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #58 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 00:49:00 »
I will post pictures tomorrow but my bag was REALLY ****ty. I got a lot of raindrop, a little bit of ccng, a handful of turtle power, a little bit of some salmon color on grey I would like to finish, more error print "G" than I would ever need, literally three klaxon keys, and novelty I only got TWO - a reedit alien with an X drawn on the front of it, and one of the astrology keys :(

Looks like I will have to do lots of trading or buying to make my crap bag investment worth while.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #59 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 01:19:40 »
I will post pictures tomorrow but my bag was REALLY ****ty. I got a lot of raindrop, a little bit of ccng, a handful of turtle power, a little bit of some salmon color on grey I would like to finish, more error print "G" than I would ever need, literally three klaxon keys, and novelty I only got TWO - a reedit alien with an X drawn on the front of it, and one of the astrology keys :(

Looks like I will have to do lots of trading or buying to make my crap bag investment worth while.

That's a bit sucky :(

You'd think they would put one or two of something special into each bag so you wouldn't feel ripped off.

Offline Hak Foo

« Reply #60 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 01:32:26 »
I am fascinated by the error-G thing.  Everyone has buckets of them.  SP must have done something VERY, VERY wrong to make that many faulty ones.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #61 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 05:55:05 »
I am fascinated by the error-G thing.  Everyone has buckets of them.  SP must have done something VERY, VERY wrong to make that many faulty ones.

I know it's a crap-bag, but getting that many of the same keys is disappoint... no?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #62 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 06:10:38 »

I know it's a crap-bag, but getting that many of the same keys is disappoint... no?

Not really - kinda of expected, given last year's bags.

Offline hoggy

• * Ergonomics Moderator
« Reply #63 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 06:32:39 »
I got 3 bags last year (postage made it a bit daft just to get 1) - definitely fun to sort, but the end result is a bit disappointing.

I quite like the malformed caps - the ones with the first shot showing through, but it I think I did the right thing this year and skipped it.
GH Ergonomic Guide (in progress)
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54680.0

Offline oaklandishh

« Reply #64 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 09:36:03 »
http://imgur.com/a/SalfD I posted this elsewhere, but this is the album of my two bags. let me point out the hapster is blue not grey. god my camera sucks.
« Last Edit: Thu, 08 August 2013, 00:01:14 by oaklandishh »

Offline lcs

• Lover of Grape Drank
  • はやく
« Reply #65 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 09:36:38 »
http://imgur.com/a/SalfDd I posted this elsewhere, but this is the album of my two bags. let me point out the hapster is blue not grey. god my camera sucks.

Your image does not work :(

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #66 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 09:42:06 »
http://imgur.com/a/SalfDd I posted this elsewhere, but this is the album of my two bags. let me point out the hapster is blue not grey. god my camera sucks.
http://imgur.com/a/SalfD
Keyboards:
Aripeko TKL

Offline elton5354

« Reply #67 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 09:44:47 »

That's blue?!

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #68 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 10:05:21 »
I have a favor to ask for anyone that purchased a Crap Bag. Can you see how many SA profile key caps you can fit into a small flat-rate USPS box? It's for the 23 Commando GB and I need the information for shipping purposes.

Anyone mind helping out and testing for us?

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #69 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 10:06:08 »
those cyan caps look awesome

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #70 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 10:06:50 »
I have a favor to ask for anyone that purchased a Crap Bag. Can you see how many SA profile key caps you can fit into a small flat-rate USPS box? It's for the 23 Commando GB and I need the information for shipping purposes.

I can help with this request ;)

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #71 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 10:15:31 »

Thank you SpAmRaY. I'll PM you about it.

Offline oTurtlez

• DAT ZACKATTACK
  • Fo' Realforce
« Reply #72 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 10:18:12 »

Thank you SpAmRaY. I'll PM you about it.

If it's any help, I received a full 104key set plus some in a small flat rate box (DCS) and it could fit a bit more.
TOO BAD FOR YOU

Phantom 62g MX Whites    

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #73 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 10:21:14 »
If it's any help, I received a full 104key set plus some in a small flat rate box (DCS) and it could fit a bit more.

Thanks oTurtlez.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #74 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 11:08:07 »
I have more fun looking at the pictures than I would ever have if I bought one myself. Though, it would be awesome to make a full set out of mutant miscast keys. You can have that worn through look today, no need to use the keycaps for years first :))

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #75 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 11:10:05 »
I have more fun looking at the pictures than I would ever have if I bought one myself. Though, it would be awesome to make a full set out of mutant miscast keys. You can have that worn through look today, no need to use the keycaps for years first :))

skeleton keys!!! FTW!

Offline Turbo Slaab

« Reply #76 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 11:15:18 »

I hope SP is listening because this would actually be pretty cool.
Looking for CC's!

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #77 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 13:14:05 »

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #78 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 13:16:32 »
If you have hapsters, GEEKHACK KEYS, or anything Alps, please please PM me. I collect GH caps like Glissbro and Halvyson and I need to catch up to their epic collections.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #79 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 13:21:41 »
Here is my crap bag.

Ouch.  You got some decent stuff but it really looks like yours lived up to the name.  I'm not sure I get those last two pics though.

I don't know if it's me, but it seems like there are far more severely messed up and miscast caps in the crap bag this time around than in past crap bags.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #80 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 13:26:32 »
If you have hapsters, GEEKHACK KEYS, or anything Alps, please please PM me. I collect GH caps like Glissbro and Halvyson and I need to catch up to their epic collections.

Send me the hapsters!!

Here is my crap bag.

So looks like you didn't get but a couple 'novelty' keys but a wind range of different keys. Some of those brightly colored and 'jelly' looking blanks look nice and those red white and blue dsa caps are interesting. And that one blue and white drunk looking windows key.

Here is my crap bag.

Ouch.  You got some decent stuff but it really looks like yours lived up to the name.  I'm not sure I get those last two pics though.

I don't know if it's me, but it seems like there are far more severely messed up and miscast caps in the crap bag this time around than in past crap bags.

maybe because they are producing more stuff so more errors?

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #81 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 13:28:46 »
Here is my crap bag.

So the past crap bags did not live up to their name, unlike the latest. Improvement right? :P

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #82 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 13:56:39 »
Here is my crap bag.

I'm not sure I get those last two pics though.

Last two don't need to be in there, I took them to illustrate how much SA caps can fit into a small priority box. That has 99 keys in it.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #83 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 14:21:55 »

Here is my crap bag.

So the past crap bags did not live up to their name, unlike the latest. Improvement right? :p

well before they were call 'grab bags' and geekhackers called them 'crap bags' and it stuck

Here is my crap bag.

I'm not sure I get those last two pics though.

Last two don't need to be in there, I took them to illustrate how much SA caps can fit into a small priority box. That has 99 keys in it.

Need to show those to mashby!!

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #84 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 15:52:09 »
Need to show those to mashby!!

He did. He posted them in the 23 Commando GB thread.  :)

Offline RabRhee

• Life is just a box of cherries.
« Reply #85 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 18:42:37 »
Here is my crap bag.

I think you got an awesome novelty key there. Picture 47, bottom row, second from the left. That is clearly a silhouette of Butters Stotch. Or maybe its Jesus in a tortilla, keycap version?

30269-0
-Life is good-          Crafting: |  KeychainsMore.   .Keychains | Crowdsource Key | Budget Keycap Board |

QFR Dvorak Greens | Neo 87 Dvorak Blues

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #86 on: Sat, 03 August 2013, 06:53:35 »
Here is the link to my crap bag.  The lighting in the photos is garbage, sorry bout that.  A few gems, lots of Retro DSA and regular DSA.  Not included in the photos are the 2x POS keys with only two offcenter stems.

https://plus.google.com/photos/109016974705560136128/albums/5907855830218886625

Offline Toad1677

« Reply #87 on: Sat, 03 August 2013, 09:15:29 »
Decided to put some of my crap on my keyboard.  :eek: All blanks for alpha and numbers. All the blanks are the same profile. Nyan for the functions. White on Orange arrows. Two Hapsters, Awesome Face, Panic and Windows Keys are from the Crap bag. :cool: Orange Mods not from the Crap Bag.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #88 on: Sat, 03 August 2013, 17:31:42 »
Another Hapster!

SO most bags so far could be summed up with one or two gems (usually a Hapster), lots of WoB DS (especially G), lots of retro DSA, and other crap.

Is anyone counting the bags?  To get a vague idea of how many there might have been.

Offline Hak Foo

« Reply #89 on: Sat, 03 August 2013, 19:22:41 »
Prdlm2009, what were the two ALPS keys you crossed out?  I got an "Inter-Cep-Tion" key too, but I was curious what the other one was.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #90 on: Sat, 03 August 2013, 19:29:07 »
Another Hapster!

SO most bags so far could be summed up with one or two gems (usually a Hapster), lots of WoB DS (especially G), lots of retro DSA, and other crap.

Is anyone counting the bags?  To get a vague idea of how many there might have been.

I'm sad.... no hapsters.....

Two crap bags

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #91 on: Sat, 03 August 2013, 19:36:52 »
I'm sad.... no hapsters.....

Two crap bags

Two reported so far with no Hapster :(

Offline blueSmoke

• Life is what happens while you're busy Fixing RSI
« Reply #92 on: Sat, 03 August 2013, 20:13:56 »
Oh God! What I have done!!! That is ... Ordered 2 crap bags and now I have to bear with sorting the result...

Just starting. Opened the package, found two bags. Looked at the size of those. Now the realization set in that now I HAVE TO SIFT THRU over 2000 caps to get a few good one and a few more that can be a set, and few more alps caps.

Wish me good luck in having the patience to sift thru all these garbage for the next 3 hours.

Enjoy... intermission... after 3 hours.
« Last Edit: Sat, 03 August 2013, 20:31:19 by blueSmoke »
Model M, Filco Tenkeyless White, Few others, few more others, Noise-hater (ongoing project), blah-blah (to be fillled later...)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #93 on: Sat, 03 August 2013, 20:21:34 »
Oh God! What I have done!!! That is ... Ordered 2 crap bags and now I have to bear with sorting the result...

Just starting. Opened the package, found two bags. Looked at the size of those. Now the realization set in that now I HAVE TO SIFT THRU over 2000 caps to get a few good one and a few more that can be a set, and few more alps caps.

Wish me good luck in having the patience to sift thru all these garbage for the next 3 hours.

Good luck!

Hopefully you have a few keycaps worth getting.

And don't be disappointed if you don't have a full matching set of anything - I can't recall anyone who ever did.

Offline Hak Foo

« Reply #94 on: Sat, 03 August 2013, 20:48:34 »
"AVOID ASTON".

He must be an ******* if it was worth paying to get special double-shot keys made to ease the process of people avoiding him.

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #95 on: Sat, 03 August 2013, 22:25:44 »

Do not disappoint me, I want pictures. *sets alarm for 3 hours*
Keyboards:
Aripeko TKL

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #96 on: Sat, 03 August 2013, 22:42:04 »
Are you guys seeing medium grey keys with orange text? These look awesome. Anybody know what set they are from.

Offline Toad1677

« Reply #97 on: Sat, 03 August 2013, 23:59:38 »
Are you guys seeing medium grey keys with orange text? These look awesome. Anybody know what set they are from.

Yeah I got a couple F's would love to have a complete set

Offline blueSmoke

« Reply #98 on: Sun, 04 August 2013, 00:10:07 »
ok. sorting is over... partly. Just separated color keys, black, white(ish), misc color, & any special/interesting keys. Looks like it is house vs gambler and this time the house is wining. May be a wash.

First photo: colors separated, doubleshots are not separated.
Second: the real crap, about 7-10% for me.
Third: Anything that I can consider interesting, few geekhacks, few ocean something custom cap, and rest unknown.

Apart from these I have got few space bars and larger keys.

I guess I may get an brown set, have a lot of brown keys. Will sort them later. No more crap bag for me.
« Last Edit: Sun, 04 August 2013, 00:12:02 by blueSmoke »
Model M, Filco Tenkeyless White, Few others, few more others, Noise-hater (ongoing project), blah-blah (to be fillled later...)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #99 on: Sun, 04 August 2013, 00:27:12 »
No Hapster?

A few ther look good.

10% absolute crap is a lot, but there again it seems luck of the draw.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #100 on: Sun, 04 August 2013, 00:37:24 »
No Hapster?

A few ther look good.

You didn't look close enough.  There's a hapster there and some other interesting caps.

There have also been several people with glider caps, which I'd love to get one of.

Offline hoggy

• * Ergonomics Moderator
« Reply #101 on: Sun, 04 August 2013, 01:17:36 »
I see a few people got a blue double height with

QTY

<--

I got 48 of those last year...

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #102 on: Sun, 04 August 2013, 01:23:09 »
Prdlm2009, what were the two ALPS keys you crossed out?  I got an "Inter-Cep-Tion" key too, but I was curious what the other one was.

Interception and Game On Clock.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #103 on: Sun, 04 August 2013, 01:27:31 »
No Hapster?

A few ther look good.

You didn't look close enough.  There's a hapster there and some other interesting caps.

There have also been several people with glider caps, which I'd love to get one of.

Show Image

Oh yes, lying on its side :)

Didn't zoom in far enough ...

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #104 on: Sun, 04 August 2013, 09:16:23 »

The other one said "Game Clock On".  I imagine they are from a football scoreboard machine.

Offline blueSmoke

« Reply #105 on: Sun, 04 August 2013, 15:27:02 »
Presenting after sorting. That is all I have right now. I could not get any matching sets or anything else except a lot of duplicate printed keys and a crapload of unprinted keys. I got only two alps keycaps, note TWO alps keycaps. :( One consolation is maybe I will have enough unprinted caps for the ergodox, still have not checked that.

For your viewing pleasure and opinions...

Offline hoggy

• * Ergonomics Moderator
« Reply #106 on: Sun, 04 August 2013, 15:35:45 »
Do you fancy swapping the blue stepped capslock with the hand bag logo?

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #107 on: Sun, 04 August 2013, 16:24:59 »
Haha, that turbo cap is awesome.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #108 on: Sun, 04 August 2013, 19:53:54 »
Presenting after sorting. That is all I have right now. I could not get any matching sets or anything else except a lot of duplicate printed keys and a crapload of unprinted keys. I got only two alps keycaps, note TWO alps keycaps. :( One consolation is maybe I will have enough unprinted caps for the ergodox, still have not checked that.

Another Hapster!

Also what is that other smiley keycap with like just colon right-paren on it?  I've seen a few of those this time around.

Offline TheQsanity

• SmallFry Lovin'
« Reply #109 on: Sun, 04 August 2013, 21:00:48 »
You guys got some good stuff this year. I got a cracked bag last year fo fwee and thought I would never buy one myself. Last year was really unusable but this year's got some nice novelty as well as modifiers and even space bars. :$
SmallFry! <3

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #110 on: Sun, 04 August 2013, 21:08:36 »
Some might consider the price of a bag a small, er, price to pay to get a Hapster.  Or two.  Plus a few other keycaps that they wouldn't otherwise get.

There are usually a few gems in there, but mostly crap (hence the name).

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #111 on: Sun, 04 August 2013, 22:39:30 »
Now I'm sad I didn't participate in this one :(

Now to find somebody willing to trade...

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #112 on: Sun, 04 August 2013, 22:40:56 »
Now I'm sad I didn't participate in this one :(

Now to find somebody willing to trade...

Mmmmmm not everyone got a Hapster.  Most just got WoB DS, retro DSA and PoS caps.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #113 on: Sun, 04 August 2013, 23:26:51 »

What length and profile is that blue spacebar?  I'm not sure what our plans for it are, but Im potentially interested, pending on the answers.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline Hak Foo

« Reply #114 on: Sun, 04 August 2013, 23:36:37 »
I love that "off all" key, even if there's no logical use for it on anything but a square-grid POS keyboard.  It should summon a medieval executioner.

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
« Reply #115 on: Mon, 05 August 2013, 07:31:30 »
Guys i totally feel bad not getting a bag myself too :(

But hey i might be buying some stuff if someone has for sale;

- A 4-piece set for cards symbols (heart spade clover and square) for CTRL and ALT on Poker II keyboard, Black or Metal key.
- A geekhack single key (if possible) Red or Black or metal color.
- An entire number row set of red keys (with US layout or French Canadian) that would fit Poker II. Metal would be cool but i don't think there's a way to find that.
- A Mystery Key for \| key, would be great.

All in all you guess i'm trying to pimp my Poker II keyboard but i don't feel like having a lot of left overs therefor i'm just looking to buy what i specifically need.

PM me with pictures please thanks.
See my blog here : https://delitech.live

Poker II - Brown MX

Ducky One II TKL - Silver MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #116 on: Mon, 05 August 2013, 07:36:22 »
These are really hit or miss. I 'might' have a few gems but not much of anything so far. I haven't had a lot of time this weekend to go through the keys.

But I just like having enough keys to fill up a large flat rate box!!!

Offline blueSmoke

« Reply #117 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 02:57:03 »
I got some PMs regarding caps. Will be home in the weekend and can reply.

What happened to the other unfortunate souls that ordered crap-bags?

Nobody else have posted...?

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #118 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 07:27:11 »
Here is the link to my crap bag.  The lighting in the photos is garbage, sorry bout that.  A few gems, lots of Retro DSA and regular DSA.  Not included in the photos are the 2x POS keys with only two offcenter stems.

https://plus.google.com/photos/109016974705560136128/albums/5907855830218886625

Bluesmoke, here is the link to my bag.  Didn't want to post photos in this thread because the website freaks out anytime I try to upload more than one at a time.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #119 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 08:15:07 »

I still have to finish sorting through mine, so far nothing very exciting.

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
« Reply #120 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 10:10:57 »

I still have to finish sorting through mine, so far nothing very exciting.

What a sad feeling :(

No Hapsters or Clicks or Mystery keys?
See my blog here : https://delitech.live

Poker II - Brown MX

Ducky One II TKL - Silver MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #121 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 12:07:58 »
Does anyone here who's gotten Nyan Cat caps in their bags also own IMSTO thick PBT in white color?  If so, I'd love a photo of a Nyan cap next to a "white" IMSTO cap.  Also, the Nyan caps are thin OEM-profile PBT or?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #122 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 12:09:59 »
Does anyone here who's gotten Nyan Cat caps in their bags also own IMSTO thick PBT in white color?  If so, I'd love a photo of a Nyan cap next to a "white" IMSTO cap.  Also, the Nyan caps are thin OEM-profile PBT or?

I *might* be able to to make this happen.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #123 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 12:15:29 »
Thank you <3

Offline acantha

• Aure Entuluva
« Reply #124 on: Wed, 07 August 2013, 11:43:28 »
This thread made me regret not buying a crap bag... guess i'll get one next time? do they always have useful stuff like these seem to have had, or is this an exceptionally good/bad round?
All the Happy Hacking Things

Offline nilpt

« Reply #125 on: Wed, 07 August 2013, 14:17:56 »
My touch typing setup, crap bag alphas...
Thanks for the idea  ;D

Show Image

IBM 1391410 / Qume terminal keyboard (teensy 2++)

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #126 on: Wed, 07 August 2013, 15:09:51 »
Show Image

Ain't nothin but a g-thang

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #127 on: Wed, 07 August 2013, 15:09:58 »
This thread made me regret not buying a crap bag... guess i'll get one next time? do they always have useful stuff like these seem to have had, or is this an exceptionally good/bad round?

Useful? :))

Yes this is pretty typical.  Mostly crap, no complete sets, and one or two gems.

For most the cost plus shipping kills the deal, as there is only a chance of getting something useful.

For some people with little or no custom collection, it does provide a chance of getting something rare, plus a large collection of random caps.

And for artists and scientists it provides a wealth of raw material for experimentation.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #128 on: Wed, 07 August 2013, 15:17:20 »
Thanks for the idea  ;D
Show Image

This is actually pretty cool--a great way to confuse your guests!  Just make it all plain white on black, so it looks normal at a first glance :)

Offline nilpt

« Reply #129 on: Wed, 07 August 2013, 15:21:49 »
I can do that for the guests, there is another set of "F"&"J" in black! :thumb:
Thanks for the idea  ;D
Show Image

This is actually pretty cool--a great way to confuse your guests!  Just make it all plain white on black, so it looks normal at a first glance :)
IBM 1391410 / Qume terminal keyboard (teensy 2++)

Offline listokei

• ListoKei Blog
« Reply #130 on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 03:28:59 »
My friend gift for me these!!

These from 2013 SP Crap Bag.

31358-0

31360-1

Offline TheQsanity

• SmallFry Lovin'
« Reply #131 on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 03:30:46 »
SmallFry! <3

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #132 on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 04:06:19 »
My friend gift for me these!!

These from 2013 SP Crap Bag.

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Butikk *giggle*

Nice gift, congratulations :)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #133 on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 09:15:43 »
Does anyone need the 1x tab or shift keys? I *might* have some extras.

Offline hoggy

• * Ergonomics Moderator
« Reply #134 on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 15:15:55 »

...All I got was some useless keys :(

Offline phoenix1234

« Reply #135 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 00:47:07 »
For me, it is quite fun  :))
I have a lot of :
+ blank keys (DSA, SA and DCS profiles)
+ black keys (incomplete sets)

and some of:
+ Raindrop, CCNG ...
+ translucent keys ...

I have some interesting keys but I don't know what they are :

The best key that I found in my bag is Apple logo key with Double Shot ABS. :thumb:
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 August 2013, 01:00:55 by phoenix1234 »
I like linear switches

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #136 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 00:50:55 »
Apple, Awesome, Glider, Tux - not bad.

No Hapster?  That seems to be the keycap to look out for.

Offline phoenix1234

« Reply #137 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 00:59:06 »

Oh, thank you for letting me know their names.
I like linear switches

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #138 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 00:59:21 »
For me, it is quite fun  :))
I have a lot of :
+ blank keys (DSA, SA and DCS profiles)
+ black keys (incomplete sets)

and some of:
+ Raindrop, CCNG ...
+ translucent keys ...

I have some interesting keys but I don't know what they are :

Show Image

The best key that I found on my bag is Apple logo key with Double Shot ABS. :thumb:

Love that Apple cap and the glider.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #139 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 01:02:44 »
Anyone got any numpad keys for the CCNG set? I just need two for a 65% design, any of the numbers from 1-3 or the delete key next to the 0 key and any of 4-6 keys.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #140 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 01:14:26 »
Anyone got any numpad keys for the CCNG set? I just need two for a 65% design, any of the numbers from 1-3 or the delete key next to the 0 key and any of 4-6 keys.

You might also try posting here if you haven't already done so.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #141 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 01:16:46 »

You might also try posting here if you haven't already done so.

Thank you sir, totally forgot about that thread!
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #142 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 10:45:06 »

Where does that glider cap come from?

Offline Xenderwind

« Reply #143 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 10:55:54 »

Probably something to do with https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hacker_Emblem#Hacker_emblem
GON NS 87 62g clears, QFR 62g clears, Pure 65g blues, HHKB Pro II

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #144 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 10:59:56 »

Probably something to do with https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hacker_Emblem#Hacker_emblem

Awesome...had no idea...I think I have one need to double check.

Offline RabRhee

« Reply #145 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 13:26:18 »
Well, my crap bag finally arrived today, complete with an extra customs fee of $7 tax and $12 handling.... Ah well, lets hope the bag paid off...

Yeah, I'm pretty damn happy. I was primarily hoping for some good modifiers, a stepped caps lock, some nice novelty stuff, some DSA, some blanks. Mostly not interested in selling any, but if you urgently desperately need something here else suffer major keyboard-fail, I may be persuaded to trade. Colours look way better than these potato pictures suggest :) Here we go.

31877-0
Got 2 yellow hapsters, a mystery key, a spanner, an FB1 key that shall from now on be the FBI key, and some pretty good wordy ones, and a good spread of colours. Launch, purple and grey OOPS!, Inter-cep-tion,

31879-1
31881-2
All the modifiers I got, some good ones I think, lots of stepped keys, and again a good spread of colours, also a few clears, even a clear stepped caps lock (that doesn't show up so well), and a couple of dark blue enters that I rather like.

31883-3
31885-4
Far variety of blanks, a lot of top row cherry profile to play with, quite a few retro blanks, 30 or so.

And heres the rest, some from various sets, some retro , a few SA blanks and others, three ALPs, a couple of long step oddballs, a bit of White on black, a bit of mostly DSA numpad keys, and a few weird errors.

31887-5
31889-6
31891-7
31893-8
31895-9
31897-10
-Life is good-          Crafting: |  KeychainsMore.   .Keychains | Crowdsource Key | Budget Keycap Board |

Offline oTurtlez

• DAT ZACKATTACK
  • Fo' Realforce
« Reply #146 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 13:32:11 »
Well, my crap bag finally arrived today, complete with an extra customs fee of $7 tax and $12 handling.... Ah well, lets hope the bag paid off...

Yeah, I'm pretty damn happy. I was primarily hoping for some good modifiers, a stepped caps lock, some nice novelty stuff, some DSA, some blanks. Mostly not interested in selling any, but if you urgently desperately need something here else suffer major keyboard-fail, I may be persuaded to trade. Colours look way better than these potato pictures suggest :) Here we go.

(Attachment Link)
Got 2 yellow hapsters, a mystery key, a spanner, an FB1 key that shall from now on be the FBI key, and some pretty good wordy ones, and a good spread of colours. Launch, purple and grey OOPS!, Inter-cep-tion,

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
All the modifiers I got, some good ones I think, lots of stepped keys, and again a good spread of colours, also a few clears, even a clear stepped caps lock (that doesn't show up so well), and a couple of dark blue enters that I rather like.

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
Far variety of blanks, a lot of top row cherry profile to play with, quite a few retro blanks, 30 or so.

And heres the rest, some from various sets, some retro , a few SA blanks and others, three ALPs, a couple of long step oddballs, a bit of White on black, a bit of mostly DSA numpad keys, and a few weird errors.

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Damn man, you friggin scored in just that first pic alone! Two hapsters, a green awesome face (forgot this one's name), a zoidberg, mystery cap, and that help key was pretty classy as well. Someone's got some serious luck!
TOO BAD FOR YOU

Phantom 62g MX Whites    

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #147 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 13:36:19 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

That is probably the best haul so far!

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #148 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 13:38:11 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Damn man, you friggin scored in just that first pic alone! Two hapsters, a green awesome face (forgot this one's name), a zoidberg, mystery cap, and that help key was pretty classy as well. Someone's got some serious luck!

I want to see the board that 'F81' came from :o

Offline oTurtlez

• DAT ZACKATTACK
  • Fo' Realforce
« Reply #149 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 13:45:47 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Where's the F81 key? :eek:
TOO BAD FOR YOU

Phantom 62g MX Whites    

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #150 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 13:47:18 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Where's the F81 key? :eek:

First picture bottom left, blueish.....perhaps it says something else but 'F81' sounded the best

Offline RabRhee

« Reply #151 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 13:53:50 »

The Help is missing the centre of the e, and the green Awesome face has an error too, looks like hes got a line in his mouth. But these are minor quirks and I rather like them. Pressing Size 3 does not magically let you fit into a dress that size, sorry ladies.

FB1, its actually quite a strong turquoise, doesn't show up that well. the A7s Erase,one that says 'Swaß' (Insults pirates when pressed?) and the others are the same colour

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #152 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 13:57:46 »

The Help is missing the centre of the e, and the green Awesome face has an error too, looks like hes got a line in his mouth. But these are minor quirks and I rather like them. Pressing Size 3 does not magically let you fit into a dress that size, sorry ladies.

FB1, its actually quite a strong turquoise, doesn't show up that well. the A7s Erase,one that says 'Swaß' (Insults pirates when pressed?) and the others are the same colour

I think the error one's are some of the best!

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #153 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 14:04:20 »
What are the white ones with the slit in between in the first pic.

Offline RabRhee

« Reply #154 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 14:08:36 »

The arrow,  the three black dots, and the three lines all seem to be part of the same set, they are all slightly raised up. Most crap bags got a few of them.

31905-0

And heres another bad FB1 shot.

31907-1

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #155 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 14:11:54 »

The arrow,  the three black dots, and the three lines all seem to be part of the same set, they are all slightly raised up. Most crap bags got a few of them.

(Attachment Link)

And heres another bad FB1 shot.

(Attachment Link)

I'm still calling it 'F81' haha ;)

Offline RabRhee

« Reply #156 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 14:13:47 »

Yeah, I would just need F13-80 and a few past 81 for my 202 key IBM keyboard :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #157 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 15:10:15 »
That was a nice get, RabRhee!  One of the better collections :)

Out of all the bags cataloged so far, I think there were only a couple that were all crap (although even that is subject to what other people want from the collections) - say, a couple of bags with no sought-after novelty keycaps.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #158 on: Sat, 17 August 2013, 09:58:37 »

Here is what I got in mine

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #159 on: Sat, 17 August 2013, 11:05:42 »
Rain drop

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #160 on: Sat, 17 August 2013, 12:02:14 »

Can I buy the Numpad 4 & Delete keys please?

EDIT: And a RainDrop GH key maybe :P
« Last Edit: Sat, 17 August 2013, 12:11:27 by bueller »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #161 on: Sat, 17 August 2013, 13:30:16 »

Can I buy the Numpad 4 & Delete keys please?

EDIT: And a RainDrop GH key maybe :P

Sure! Shoot me a PM!

Offline stancato9

« Reply #162 on: Fri, 30 August 2013, 06:17:12 »

:eek:
 :))
Poker 2 - MX Red

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #163 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 06:04:55 »
It's taken a while (I was not allowed to open the box until we had more or less moved into the new house).

Sorted them into colours today, as the lease on the only available space expired when dinner was nearly ready, so we just sorted them into colours for now.

Im summary, mainly white on black DS or other blank blacks, lotsa whites with various colour legends (including a smattering of raindrop and one or two CCnG), a few of each other colour (including only two pink, which is a shame as I was going to give all the pink ones to my daughter), a few random ones that are not Cherry MX, three transparent, a few aqua, a few from the Turtle Power set, the eagle-eyed viewers might notice two (2) Hapsters, half a dozen from the Coffee set, a random assortment of retro DSA (including a few partially formed "geekhack" keys and a complete WASD, and five space bars (including two red DSA).

Offline Flamingchook

• There are no dumb questions, only forbidden ones.
« Reply #164 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 06:54:07 »
Two hapsters! I'm jealous!
MX: Filco Majestouch Metalic Blue 104-key w/ MX Brown, JD40 w/ MX Green, ErgoDox w/ MX Blue, GHPad w/ MX Blue. Topre: Realforce 87U 45g. BS: IBM Model M 52G9700 29-OCT-93
Soon™: GH60 w/ 62g MX Clear, [CTRL]ALT 60 w/ MX Green

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #165 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 07:06:47 »

Basically I paid about $30 each for them.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #166 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 07:13:07 »
It's taken a while (I was not allowed to open the box until we had more or less moved into the new house).

Sorted them into colours today, as the lease on the only available space expired when dinner was nearly ready, so we just sorted them into colours for now.

Im summary, mainly white on black DS or other blank blacks, lotsa whites with various colour legends (including a smattering of raindrop and one or two CCnG), a few of each other colour (including only two pink, which is a shame as I was going to give all the pink ones to my daughter), a few random ones that are not Cherry MX, three transparent, a few aqua, a few from the Turtle Power set, the eagle-eyed viewers might notice two (2) Hapsters, half a dozen from the Coffee set, a random assortment of retro DSA (including a few partially formed "geekhack" keys and a complete WASD, and five space bars (including two red DSA).

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

theflyingracoon is looking for those 1x blank DSA browns

Offline Flamingchook

• There are no dumb questions, only forbidden ones.
« Reply #167 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 07:13:45 »

I refreshed the sp store page for weeks waiting to buy one but had a heart attack at the cost + shipping to Australia. Still, I'll probably get one next time around just for the fun of it.
MX: Filco Majestouch Metalic Blue 104-key w/ MX Brown, JD40 w/ MX Green, ErgoDox w/ MX Blue, GHPad w/ MX Blue. Topre: Realforce 87U 45g. BS: IBM Model M 52G9700 29-OCT-93
Soon™: GH60 w/ 62g MX Clear, [CTRL]ALT 60 w/ MX Green

Offline RabRhee

« Reply #168 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 11:00:12 »
Grats on the hapster pair, most got one or none. My personal favourite of yours is the orange one at the top of this picture that looks like a cat with it's tail upwards (or maybe a swan?) :) The camera and folder ones are not bad too, look non MX though.

« Last Edit: Sat, 07 September 2013, 11:02:45 by RabRhee »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #169 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 11:11:06 »
Grats on the hapster pair, most got one or none. My personal favourite of yours is the orange one at the top of this picture that looks like a cat with it's tail upwards (or maybe a swan?) :) The camera and folder ones are not bad too, look non MX though.

(Attachment Link)

I'm guessing the camera and folder are Alps or ML

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #170 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 11:34:50 »

More
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

What length are those spacebars?

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #171 on: Sun, 08 September 2013, 00:56:53 »
Still pretty bummed out that I missed this. Is July the only run of crap bags that they do? Also, how much do they cost?

Offline Amble

« Reply #172 on: Sun, 08 September 2013, 01:28:08 »
Still pretty bummed out that I missed this. Is July the only run of crap bags that they do? Also, how much do they cost?

Probably will have one in December if past history tells us anything. They cost way too much and it is better to buy from people willing to sell some of theirs imo.  Unless you are going for the unicorn vomit look.

Where are you sellers at?
« Last Edit: Sun, 08 September 2013, 01:45:22 by Amble »

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #173 on: Sun, 08 September 2013, 03:41:55 »
Anyone get interesting mana bottles?
I love Elzy

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #174 on: Sun, 08 September 2013, 06:38:31 »

I refreshed the sp store page for weeks waiting to buy one but had a heart attack at the cost + shipping to Australia. Still, I'll probably get one next time around just for the fun of it.

I skipped end of last year, but thought I'd take a gamble this time.  Two Hapsters, one WoB Awesome Face, a few other odd or unusual ones, and 98% crap - was it worth it?  You decide.  Will I buy again?  Maybe, depends on finance next time they come around.

(Attachment Link)

Definitely not MX.  Pics later as it is late now and I have work tomorrow.  Still haven't unpacked.

More
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

What length are those spacebars?

Haven't measured them yet.  They seem about the same size as QFR so I'd say 6.25x.

Last one was end of last year.  I was too new around here middle of least year to take much notice.  Mine cost US$66.25 shipped to Australia.
Anyone get interesting mana bottles?

I got no mana bottles.

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
  • Location: The Geek Symphosion :::::: Mechanical Engineering ::: Alta Magna Uniforma :::::: 哀吾生之須臾羨長江之無窮 ::
« Reply #175 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 05:39:28 »
Nice Thread! Thx!   In the Crab Bags, bunch of Crabs  :mad:
« Last Edit: Thu, 10 October 2013, 07:13:41 by sprit »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #176 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 23:48:12 »
Nice Thread! Thx!   In the Crab Bags, bunch of Crabs  :mad:

You're welcome :)

It's nice to see what people got this time around - it might help someone decide next time whether to get a Crap Bag or not.

For me - I'm still undecided whether to get another one.  Yes I got two Hapsters and a few other interesting key caps, but on the other hand most of it is unusable.  And factor in the shipping cost to Australia and, well ...

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
  • Location: The Geek Symphosion :::::: Mechanical Engineering ::: Alta Magna Uniforma :::::: 哀吾生之須臾羨長江之無窮 ::
« Reply #177 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 00:07:26 »
For my eyes it looked like FBI, I threw it away.    :(
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 October 2013, 05:45:52 by sprit »