Author Topic: What was in your Jul 2013 SP Crap Bag?  (Read 32393 times)

Offline HoosTrax

Re: What was in your Jul 2013 SP Crap Bag?
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 22:16:22 »
I like that red "KILL" keycap :P
Would be good for my sprint key in FPS games :))
I was actually going to use it as a backspace, but it turns out it doesn't have the right stem locations (2 instead of 3, and no middle stem).

---

For those people PMing me about specific keys -- I'll try to get back to you guys tomorrow morning, need some rest. Also, how do you guys usually ship individual keys? Padded mailer? I'm more used to shipping way larger things like computer parts that involving foam peanuts + cardboard boxes, which would be way overkill for something this size lol.

Offline Turbo Slaab

« Reply #51 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 22:28:26 »
If anyone gets a turbo key, I'll pay top dollar for it! :))
Looking for CC's!

Offline Hak Foo

• Make America Clicky Again!
« Reply #52 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 22:35:41 »
Some initial thoughts:

* The "interesting" DCS stuff.  A mutant Blue Hapster and a Mystery Key 3 are of note; the others just have novel legends.  There was only one conventional space bar, and it was pretty long, possibly 8x.  The F13 is sadly not the right row for functions, thus making it harder to incorporate into a layout as a Spinal Tap sort of "Ours go to 13" joke.

* SO MUCH DSA!  I'd guess 30% of my bag was DSA.  Sadly, almost all of it was 1x1 keys.  My favourite finds:  A few extra RUN STOPs and some UK-style pound-sign-3 keys.  I haven't finished sorting through it, but there are a lot of "Ayuda" (yellow) and "Jugar" (red) keys.

* More "malformed" stuff than I expected, but a lot of it was very consistently the same faults.

* An interesting variety of non-MX caps-- some ML-style, a handful of ALPS style, and those phone-pad style ones.

* Some SA keys too.  The 2.0x one is not MX-compatible.
Overton130, Box Pale Blues.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #53 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 22:35:46 »
I like that red "KILL" keycap :P
Would be good for my sprint key in FPS games :))
I was actually going to use it as a backspace, but it turns out it doesn't have the right stem locations (2 instead of 3, and no middle stem).

There are often quite a few like this - they are from PoS systems.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #54 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 22:49:22 »
That blue hapster is amazing.  And I'm amazed at how much trash they're tossing in as "caps".  I don't remember seeing that many unusable caps in bags in the past.

Offline Neal

« Reply #55 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 22:55:45 »
That blue hapster :O

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #56 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 23:00:50 »
I didn't even notice that!  Wow! :eek:
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #57 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 00:41:45 »
Please try to keep this thread to pictures of what you got.

To buy, sell or trade, hoggy has allowed this thread in Classifieds to be used by everyone.

Thank you :)

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #58 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 00:49:00 »
I will post pictures tomorrow but my bag was REALLY ****ty. I got a lot of raindrop, a little bit of ccng, a handful of turtle power, a little bit of some salmon color on grey I would like to finish, more error print "G" than I would ever need, literally three klaxon keys, and novelty I only got TWO - a reedit alien with an X drawn on the front of it, and one of the astrology keys :(

Looks like I will have to do lots of trading or buying to make my crap bag investment worth while.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #59 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 01:19:40 »
I will post pictures tomorrow but my bag was REALLY ****ty. I got a lot of raindrop, a little bit of ccng, a handful of turtle power, a little bit of some salmon color on grey I would like to finish, more error print "G" than I would ever need, literally three klaxon keys, and novelty I only got TWO - a reedit alien with an X drawn on the front of it, and one of the astrology keys :(

Looks like I will have to do lots of trading or buying to make my crap bag investment worth while.

That's a bit sucky :(

You'd think they would put one or two of something special into each bag so you wouldn't feel ripped off.

Offline Hak Foo

« Reply #60 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 01:32:26 »
I am fascinated by the error-G thing.  Everyone has buckets of them.  SP must have done something VERY, VERY wrong to make that many faulty ones.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #61 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 05:55:05 »
I am fascinated by the error-G thing.  Everyone has buckets of them.  SP must have done something VERY, VERY wrong to make that many faulty ones.

I know it's a crap-bag, but getting that many of the same keys is disappoint... no?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #62 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 06:10:38 »

I know it's a crap-bag, but getting that many of the same keys is disappoint... no?

Not really - kinda of expected, given last year's bags.

Offline hoggy

• * Ergonomics Moderator
« Reply #63 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 06:32:39 »
I got 3 bags last year (postage made it a bit daft just to get 1) - definitely fun to sort, but the end result is a bit disappointing.

I quite like the malformed caps - the ones with the first shot showing through, but it I think I did the right thing this year and skipped it.
GH Ergonomic Guide (in progress)
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54680.0

Offline oaklandishh

« Reply #64 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 09:36:03 »
http://imgur.com/a/SalfD I posted this elsewhere, but this is the album of my two bags. let me point out the hapster is blue not grey. god my camera sucks.
« Last Edit: Thu, 08 August 2013, 00:01:14 by oaklandishh »

Offline lcs

• Lover of Grape Drank
  • はやく
« Reply #65 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 09:36:38 »
http://imgur.com/a/SalfDd I posted this elsewhere, but this is the album of my two bags. let me point out the hapster is blue not grey. god my camera sucks.

Your image does not work :(

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #66 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 09:42:06 »
http://imgur.com/a/SalfDd I posted this elsewhere, but this is the album of my two bags. let me point out the hapster is blue not grey. god my camera sucks.
http://imgur.com/a/SalfD
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline elton5354

« Reply #67 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 09:44:47 »

That's blue?!

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #68 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 10:05:21 »
I have a favor to ask for anyone that purchased a Crap Bag. Can you see how many SA profile key caps you can fit into a small flat-rate USPS box? It's for the 23 Commando GB and I need the information for shipping purposes.

Anyone mind helping out and testing for us?

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #69 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 10:06:08 »
those cyan caps look awesome

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #70 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 10:06:50 »
I have a favor to ask for anyone that purchased a Crap Bag. Can you see how many SA profile key caps you can fit into a small flat-rate USPS box? It's for the 23 Commando GB and I need the information for shipping purposes.

I can help with this request ;)

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #71 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 10:15:31 »

Thank you SpAmRaY. I'll PM you about it.

Offline oTurtlez

• DAT ZACKATTACK
  • Fo' Realforce
« Reply #72 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 10:18:12 »

Thank you SpAmRaY. I'll PM you about it.

If it's any help, I received a full 104key set plus some in a small flat rate box (DCS) and it could fit a bit more.
TOO BAD FOR YOU

Phantom 62g MX Whites    

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #73 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 10:21:14 »
If it's any help, I received a full 104key set plus some in a small flat rate box (DCS) and it could fit a bit more.

Thanks oTurtlez.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #74 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 11:08:07 »
I have more fun looking at the pictures than I would ever have if I bought one myself. Though, it would be awesome to make a full set out of mutant miscast keys. You can have that worn through look today, no need to use the keycaps for years first :))

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #75 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 11:10:05 »
I have more fun looking at the pictures than I would ever have if I bought one myself. Though, it would be awesome to make a full set out of mutant miscast keys. You can have that worn through look today, no need to use the keycaps for years first :))

skeleton keys!!! FTW!

Offline Turbo Slaab

« Reply #76 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 11:15:18 »

I hope SP is listening because this would actually be pretty cool.
Looking for CC's!

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #77 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 13:14:05 »

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #78 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 13:16:32 »
If you have hapsters, GEEKHACK KEYS, or anything Alps, please please PM me. I collect GH caps like Glissbro and Halvyson and I need to catch up to their epic collections.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #79 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 13:21:41 »
Here is my crap bag.

Ouch.  You got some decent stuff but it really looks like yours lived up to the name.  I'm not sure I get those last two pics though.

I don't know if it's me, but it seems like there are far more severely messed up and miscast caps in the crap bag this time around than in past crap bags.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #80 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 13:26:32 »
If you have hapsters, GEEKHACK KEYS, or anything Alps, please please PM me. I collect GH caps like Glissbro and Halvyson and I need to catch up to their epic collections.

Send me the hapsters!!

Here is my crap bag.

So looks like you didn't get but a couple 'novelty' keys but a wind range of different keys. Some of those brightly colored and 'jelly' looking blanks look nice and those red white and blue dsa caps are interesting. And that one blue and white drunk looking windows key.

Here is my crap bag.

Ouch.  You got some decent stuff but it really looks like yours lived up to the name.  I'm not sure I get those last two pics though.

I don't know if it's me, but it seems like there are far more severely messed up and miscast caps in the crap bag this time around than in past crap bags.

maybe because they are producing more stuff so more errors?

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #81 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 13:28:46 »
Here is my crap bag.

So the past crap bags did not live up to their name, unlike the latest. Improvement right? :P

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #82 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 13:56:39 »
Here is my crap bag.

I'm not sure I get those last two pics though.

Last two don't need to be in there, I took them to illustrate how much SA caps can fit into a small priority box. That has 99 keys in it.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #83 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 14:21:55 »

Here is my crap bag.

So the past crap bags did not live up to their name, unlike the latest. Improvement right? :p

well before they were call 'grab bags' and geekhackers called them 'crap bags' and it stuck

Here is my crap bag.

I'm not sure I get those last two pics though.

Last two don't need to be in there, I took them to illustrate how much SA caps can fit into a small priority box. That has 99 keys in it.

Need to show those to mashby!!

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #84 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 15:52:09 »
Need to show those to mashby!!

He did. He posted them in the 23 Commando GB thread.  :)

Offline RabRhee

• Life is just a box of cherries.
« Reply #85 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 18:42:37 »
Here is my crap bag.

I think you got an awesome novelty key there. Picture 47, bottom row, second from the left. That is clearly a silhouette of Butters Stotch. Or maybe its Jesus in a tortilla, keycap version?

30269-0
-Life is good-          Crafting: |  KeychainsMore.   .Keychains | Crowdsource Key | Budget Keycap Board |

QFR Dvorak Greens | Neo 87 Dvorak Blues

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #86 on: Sat, 03 August 2013, 06:53:35 »
Here is the link to my crap bag.  The lighting in the photos is garbage, sorry bout that.  A few gems, lots of Retro DSA and regular DSA.  Not included in the photos are the 2x POS keys with only two offcenter stems.

https://plus.google.com/photos/109016974705560136128/albums/5907855830218886625

Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline Toad1677

« Reply #87 on: Sat, 03 August 2013, 09:15:29 »
Decided to put some of my crap on my keyboard.  :eek: All blanks for alpha and numbers. All the blanks are the same profile. Nyan for the functions. White on Orange arrows. Two Hapsters, Awesome Face, Panic and Windows Keys are from the Crap bag. :cool: Orange Mods not from the Crap Bag.

QFR MX Blue, Blackbird MX Blue, KBP V60 MX Green, KUL ES-87 MX Green, Pok3r Mx Clear

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #88 on: Sat, 03 August 2013, 17:31:42 »
Another Hapster!

SO most bags so far could be summed up with one or two gems (usually a Hapster), lots of WoB DS (especially G), lots of retro DSA, and other crap.

Is anyone counting the bags?  To get a vague idea of how many there might have been.

Offline Hak Foo

« Reply #89 on: Sat, 03 August 2013, 19:22:41 »
Prdlm2009, what were the two ALPS keys you crossed out?  I got an "Inter-Cep-Tion" key too, but I was curious what the other one was.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #90 on: Sat, 03 August 2013, 19:29:07 »
Another Hapster!

SO most bags so far could be summed up with one or two gems (usually a Hapster), lots of WoB DS (especially G), lots of retro DSA, and other crap.

Is anyone counting the bags?  To get a vague idea of how many there might have been.

I'm sad.... no hapsters.....

Two crap bags

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #91 on: Sat, 03 August 2013, 19:36:52 »
I'm sad.... no hapsters.....

Two crap bags

Two reported so far with no Hapster :(

Offline blueSmoke

• Life is what happens while you're busy Fixing RSI
« Reply #92 on: Sat, 03 August 2013, 20:13:56 »
Oh God! What I have done!!! That is ... Ordered 2 crap bags and now I have to bear with sorting the result...

Just starting. Opened the package, found two bags. Looked at the size of those. Now the realization set in that now I HAVE TO SIFT THRU over 2000 caps to get a few good one and a few more that can be a set, and few more alps caps.

Wish me good luck in having the patience to sift thru all these garbage for the next 3 hours.

Enjoy... intermission... after 3 hours.
« Last Edit: Sat, 03 August 2013, 20:31:19 by blueSmoke »
Model M, Filco Tenkeyless White, Few others, few more others, Noise-hater (ongoing project), blah-blah (to be fillled later...)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #93 on: Sat, 03 August 2013, 20:21:34 »
Oh God! What I have done!!! That is ... Ordered 2 crap bags and now I have to bear with sorting the result...

Just starting. Opened the package, found two bags. Looked at the size of those. Now the realization set in that now I HAVE TO SIFT THRU over 2000 caps to get a few good one and a few more that can be a set, and few more alps caps.

Wish me good luck in having the patience to sift thru all these garbage for the next 3 hours.

Good luck!

Hopefully you have a few keycaps worth getting.

And don't be disappointed if you don't have a full matching set of anything - I can't recall anyone who ever did.

Offline Hak Foo

« Reply #94 on: Sat, 03 August 2013, 20:48:34 »
"AVOID ASTON".

He must be an ******* if it was worth paying to get special double-shot keys made to ease the process of people avoiding him.

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #95 on: Sat, 03 August 2013, 22:25:44 »

Do not disappoint me, I want pictures. *sets alarm for 3 hours*
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #96 on: Sat, 03 August 2013, 22:42:04 »
Are you guys seeing medium grey keys with orange text? These look awesome. Anybody know what set they are from.

Offline Toad1677

« Reply #97 on: Sat, 03 August 2013, 23:59:38 »
Are you guys seeing medium grey keys with orange text? These look awesome. Anybody know what set they are from.

Yeah I got a couple F's would love to have a complete set
QFR MX Blue, Blackbird MX Blue, KBP V60 MX Green, KUL ES-87 MX Green, Pok3r Mx Clear

Offline blueSmoke

• Life is what happens while you're busy Fixing RSI
« Reply #98 on: Sun, 04 August 2013, 00:10:07 »
ok. sorting is over... partly. Just separated color keys, black, white(ish), misc color, & any special/interesting keys. Looks like it is house vs gambler and this time the house is wining. May be a wash.

First photo: colors separated, doubleshots are not separated.
Second: the real crap, about 7-10% for me.
Third: Anything that I can consider interesting, few geekhacks, few ocean something custom cap, and rest unknown.

Apart from these I have got few space bars and larger keys.

I guess I may get an brown set, have a lot of brown keys. Will sort them later. No more crap bag for me.
« Last Edit: Sun, 04 August 2013, 00:12:02 by blueSmoke »
Model M, Filco Tenkeyless White, Few others, few more others, Noise-hater (ongoing project), blah-blah (to be fillled later...)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #99 on: Sun, 04 August 2013, 00:27:12 »
No Hapster?

A few ther look good.

10% absolute crap is a lot, but there again it seems luck of the draw.