Author Topic: GoT Season 8 Discussion [Spoiler Warning]  (Read 17364 times)

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
Re: GoT Season 8 Discussion [Spoiler Warning]
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 09 May 2019, 01:10:26 »
so Danerys' army got washed up on shore, many of her men dead, killed her dragon, then they cut to her in a war room with a big wooden table in a stone castle? Like what? Then she's right back there in front of King's Landing. What?

It's **** like that happens when they try to cut the last two seasons in half, and have to rush through the story.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline p_blaze

« Reply #51 on: Thu, 09 May 2019, 01:44:59 »

pretty much

with any common sense cersei would have just used her 30 massive-ass bows to murder the bunch of morons who walked up to them...

Well, there's a mixed- reality situation here.

In the real world, You'd assume they'd just kill people at these truce-meetings because in the Fiction world, the Hero Unit is portrayed as pivotal to the army/nation's power.

But, actually, Real world Real world, it makes no difference if those people die, because their next in command, or someone else from the ruling family structure would just take their place, and the battle would be fought anyway.  This is why these truce meetings are able to take place at all.

So, while in the PLOT as laid out, it would make more sense to kill, it is actually more realistic that they don't bother to.

What??? NO. NO. NONONONONO

Literally her entire chain of command was right there. Kill the kingpin, and who is forcing them to fight a brutal war? Who owns the Unsullied? What queen of the Dothraki commands them to fight?

Why do you think it is essential that multiple members in a chain of command do not gather for long in one place? If they all die at once, there is a power vacuum and any organization will fall apart. If they kill Danaerys and Tyrion (honestly, just Danaerys) its all over. Jon is content with the north and no one gives 2 ****s about Cersei's ****fest with the iron fleet.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #52 on: Thu, 09 May 2019, 01:58:32 »

What??? NO. NO. NONONONONO

Literally her entire chain of command was right there. Kill the kingpin, and who is forcing them to fight a brutal war? Who owns the Unsullied? What queen of the Dothraki commands them to fight?

Why do you think it is essential that multiple members in a chain of command do not gather for long in one place? If they all die at once, there is a power vacuum and any organization will fall apart. If they kill Danaerys and Tyrion (honestly, just Danaerys) its all over. Jon is content with the north and no one gives 2 ****s about Cersei's ****fest with the iron fleet.

Again,  in the SHOW, they're portrayed as pivotal.  Everyone is a Hero Unit.

In a real army,  there are no hero units,  Nearly everyone is replaceable..  The Temporary Truce is taken from real life, where it does work and usually no one dies.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #53 on: Thu, 09 May 2019, 12:00:18 »
This current season clearly has a larger budget than the previous seasons, the production quality is fantastic. It's also clear the entire script was basically cut in half, the way everything is rushed and people are teleporting around Westerose between scenes. The writing and continuity this season is downright embarrassing.

And one of the entire points of GoT is using pivotal characters as death fodder. That's been one of the biggest draws for the show since the get go. There are no hero units, everyone is susceptible to being killed off. If anything I feel like some characters have far outstayed their welcome. Remember, the show is written by people who want fans coming back to see their favorites every week, you really think they will kill off Tyrion or Danny early? Maybe RR would, but the show execs would never have that.
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 May 2019, 12:02:05 by noisyturtle »

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #54 on: Fri, 10 May 2019, 04:24:23 »
you really think they will kill off Tyrion or Danny early? Maybe RR would, but the show execs would never have that.
They're some of the highest paid actors in the world right now so odds are they are not going to be killed off until the very last minute. Yes, it could save money, but it would also alienate a lot of fans, which is partly why they are paid what they are.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest_paid_American_television_stars
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #55 on: Fri, 10 May 2019, 10:42:54 »
you really think they will kill off Tyrion or Danny early? Maybe RR would, but the show execs would never have that.
They're some of the highest paid actors in the world right now so odds are they are not going to be killed off until the very last minute. Yes, it could save money, but it would also alienate a lot of fans, which is partly why they are paid what they are.

Ah yes sacrificing good writing and artistic integrity for the sake of a higher pay and catering to the masses.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #56 on: Fri, 10 May 2019, 14:24:08 »

catering to the masses.

That's exactly how I feel about the Jamie x Brianne scene. It was rendered totally pointless by the end of that episode and done just for fan service.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #57 on: Fri, 10 May 2019, 18:30:44 »
That's exactly how I feel about the Jamie x Brianne scene. It was rendered totally pointless by the end of that episode and done just for fan service.
I don't think it was pointless, fanservice yes, but I didn't see it as pointless.

There is quite a bit more to their relationship than has been shown on tv and it served to show he's the same a-hole he's always been.
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #58 on: Fri, 10 May 2019, 18:40:29 »
I don't think it was pointless, fanservice yes, but I didn't see it as pointless.

There is quite a bit more to their relationship than has been shown on tv and it served to show he's the same a-hole he's always been.

/Headscratch,  this is the latest middle-age women Fan-service ?

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #59 on: Fri, 10 May 2019, 21:41:18 »

You know nothing, Tp.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #60 on: Fri, 10 May 2019, 21:43:57 »

You know nothing, Tp.

remember when tp used to talk about 'females' all the time? what happened to that? did he just give up?

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
« Reply #61 on: Sat, 11 May 2019, 11:24:10 »

You know nothing, Tp.

:))
Chris Schammert

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
« Reply #62 on: Sat, 11 May 2019, 16:25:33 »

Totally makes up for that really awkward moment during the battle when that one white walker is obviously reluctant to lay down on the bridge made of white walkers.  Oof.

They say the episode was dark for aesthetic reasons.. I say it wasn't well lit because for the most part it was possibly full of unseasoned background actors dressed up in really awkward garb. 

Reminds me of when CGI became mainstream and was obfuscated for the big screen by avoiding the sun during production or opting out of excessive use of lighting whenever possible (.e.g., Jurassic Park 1993, The Matrix 1999, Godzilla 1997, Lord of The Rings 2001, Planet of The Apes 2001, etc.)

</twocents>
Chris Schammert

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #63 on: Mon, 13 May 2019, 01:25:54 »
Wow, the writing team really showed their lack of talent tonight.

Extremely well shot and for once decently paced, but wow you may as well have put a Michael Bay stamp at the end of it for all the depth it had.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #64 on: Mon, 13 May 2019, 09:55:18 »
I enjoyed it thoroughly. I thought it was much better than what we've been seeing this season.

Varys was my favorite character, though.  :'(

Offline HungerMechanic

« Reply #65 on: Mon, 13 May 2019, 12:14:46 »

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #66 on: Mon, 13 May 2019, 12:50:32 »
First of all incredibly well shot episode.
I got really into the action and the whole Arya escaping scene and stuff. Trully great.

But my **** on the table they did the stupid ass ending " me dragon queen me tilt and burn it all".
They even rang the fukin bells.
Also last time the scorpions were 90/100 in accuracy now they can't fukin aim ?
There was double of them this time. golden company xD.
Raised the finger when ***** fuk Cersei died.

Can wait for Arya to kill the blonde *****.

Stupid ass show.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #67 on: Mon, 13 May 2019, 19:10:12 »
Also last time the scorpions were 90/100 in accuracy now they can't fukin aim ?
Don't even get me started on them.

Remember, how they complained about no elephants... I guess writers were also not in the budget.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #68 on: Mon, 13 May 2019, 20:07:38 »
Video Quality this episode is MILES ahead. 

No low light macroblock/ banding.   

Story wise,   I'm not super sure what's goin' on.  stuff is happening, but it felt very disjointed.

As if, someone's scribbling homework while the teacher's checking 3 rows down.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
« Reply #69 on: Mon, 13 May 2019, 21:26:00 »
It was aight
Chris Schammert

Offline TheNamesTy45

« Reply #70 on: Mon, 13 May 2019, 21:39:35 »
Show Image

This comment sums up my thoughts exactly.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #71 on: Tue, 14 May 2019, 00:33:10 »
The golden company were paid a large amount of money and were completely useless at their job, this is a subtle nod to the writers of the show.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #72 on: Tue, 14 May 2019, 00:43:09 »

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #73 on: Tue, 14 May 2019, 01:04:37 »
I thought it was much better than what we've been seeing this season.

I agree, but still had so many flaws.   I mean, Arya "the indestructible"  survived like 10 buildings falling on her.
Not to mention she was the only one who survived the dragon fire?   Annnd the sole surviving horse in the city that's waiting for.

Show Image

Hahahah.  This is great  :))
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #74 on: Tue, 14 May 2019, 01:15:37 »
Yeah, this was some of the worst **** I'd ever seen in a big budget long-running show. Just completely disregarding any and all character arc and development over the past 7 seasons. A gigantic '**** you' to any fan of the show from D&D. ****ing shameful. SHAME! SHAME!

on the upside we got some great memes out of this dumpster fire.

the signs were there, we just chose to ignore them
« Last Edit: Tue, 14 May 2019, 01:20:23 by noisyturtle »

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #75 on: Tue, 14 May 2019, 05:46:57 »
Rewatched most of it again.
The first half of it was actually really good and I wouldn't be surprised if Peter Dinklage wins another acting award for it.

I agree, but still had so many flaws.   I mean, Arya "the indestructible"  survived like 10 buildings falling on her.
Not to mention she was the only one who survived the dragon fire?   Annnd the sole surviving horse in the city that's waiting for.
She's probably not the only survivor, but she did survive because she kept track of her surroundings and did what she kept telling others to do, keep moving.  I admit it was over the top, but she was right about that part.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #76 on: Tue, 14 May 2019, 05:51:00 »
   Annnd the sole surviving horse in the city that's waiting for.

That was Shadowfax, The Lord of All horses. Come to take Arya to a better franchise.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
« Reply #77 on: Tue, 14 May 2019, 08:52:54 »
I seriously thought the dragon was going to snack on that horse the moment Arya reached to soothe it.  Was very disappoint when this did not happen :(

On the other hand, my positive side enjoyed the ride off into the sunse.. errr dust clouds of despair.
Chris Schammert

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #78 on: Tue, 14 May 2019, 11:06:45 »
Really hope Arya doesn't come back. Realizing she's a true northerner by taming the wild hopefully means she just keeps riding north and doesn't come back. I really feel like Arya is done. The Starks may as well be done.

But good lord. This is all ending next week and it's only making me more excited for the books if this was the ending Martin envisioned. We could actually have depth and not be struck with such extreme whiplash with the novels. It'd be so much more fulfilling.

This entire season has had the scope and budget and writing of a Summer blockbuster Hollywood movie and it shows. I miss it feeling like a television show.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #79 on: Tue, 14 May 2019, 13:36:36 »

This entire season has had the scope and budget and writing of a Summer blockbuster Hollywood movie and it shows. I miss it feeling like a television show.

I'm sure it HAS it,  but so far, we haven't SEEN the glorious visuals, especially episode 1-4 due to Broken image compression.

Episode 5 has been much better, higher bitrate.  But OVERALL.... We'd definitely need a proper release on disc.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
« Reply #80 on: Tue, 14 May 2019, 14:23:10 »
inb4 tp4's starts to see banding irl
Chris Schammert

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #81 on: Tue, 14 May 2019, 16:34:33 »
inb4 tp4's starts to see banding irl

Tp4 wears glasses.  If Tp4 looks at something at a step angle through the lens, there is img-corruption, such as chromatic aberration, it's ~not banding~, but it looks like banding in some cases.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #82 on: Wed, 15 May 2019, 20:01:21 »
Everybodys watching game of thrones and all of the staff members are discussing it at high school...

People are like this every episode.

and i'm just here like

Enjoying my ramen.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #84 on: Wed, 15 May 2019, 20:11:15 »
D&D got distracted from their larping to go play Star Wars, which is why I expect the writing is so inconsistent and spotty this season.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #85 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 10:36:13 »

That was Shadowfax, The Lord of All horses. Come to take Arya to a better franchise.

LoL.  I saw were you wrote that in the YT comments.
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #86 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 15:39:27 »
It's only Thursday, 

But I am nervous..  What if it's not good..   I will be Epic Upset for a Month at least.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #87 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 18:28:03 »

:)) I was proud of that one

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #88 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 18:31:26 »

Arya is too unbelievable as an assassin.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #89 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 18:33:11 »

Arya is too unbelievable as an assassin.

idk Jaqen was a badass. He was one of my favorite minor characters.

Offline TheNamesTy45

« Reply #91 on: Sun, 19 May 2019, 21:57:55 »
There is one and only one bright side about tonight’s episode.

I can finally cancel HBO Now..... until Westworld comes back.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #92 on: Sun, 19 May 2019, 22:09:02 »

The online subscription or the cable ?

Thought the episode was alrigh,  there's only so much that could be done given 6 episodes... taken as a whole.. Mmmmmm...  I'm not angry.. 

Offline TheNamesTy45

« Reply #93 on: Sun, 19 May 2019, 22:19:06 »

The online subscription or the cable ?

Thought the episode was alrigh,  there's only so much that could be done given 6 episodes... taken as a whole.. Mmmmmm...  I'm not angry.. 

I heard they were offered 10 episodes, but declined. So I can't let them skate on the "we only had six episodes" thing they tried.

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #94 on: Sun, 19 May 2019, 22:23:11 »
**** D&D
ASOIAF deserved far better

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #95 on: Sun, 19 May 2019, 22:41:06 »
Great ending to the series, but a bit choppy because of how condensed it was.
GRRM always said he loved the way LotR ended and wanted a bittersweet ending for his series.
The show showed it, but rushed to it.

Offline TheMnBN

« Reply #96 on: Mon, 20 May 2019, 00:57:24 »
I have a feeling that this ending is what GRRM had planned, at lease roughly (Bran becomes king and so on). Overall, I think that the ending is fitting but the build-up is simply bad and lacking.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #97 on: Mon, 20 May 2019, 02:20:17 »
This episode was probably the best of the season for me.
Bittersweet ending for sure.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #98 on: Mon, 20 May 2019, 04:46:43 »
They could always, just , un-End it.   She comes out of the bathtub, Surprise Fire resistence + 20, Death resistence + 20.

But then somehow, she's prego, new generation, new characters..  This time everyone's a dragon..

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #99 on: Mon, 20 May 2019, 05:11:50 »
They could always, just , un-End it.   She comes out of the bathtub, Surprise Fire resistence + 20, Death resistence + 20.

But then somehow, she's prego, new generation, new characters..  This time everyone's a dragon..

Don't do that, you will end up with a Lost* style ending because there's just no way to end it satisfactorily.
It may not have been the ending you want, but count your blessings.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More