Author Topic: Share software that makes your life easier.  (Read 29679 times)

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
Re: Share software that makes your life easier.
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 11 April 2016, 20:27:58 »
Openbox. System-wide shortcut keys and an incredible amount of customizability.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #51 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 08:46:23 »
vim and grep

Respect the classics

and vimdiff

Beyond Compare makes my life easy at work when I need to merge large source files.

For command windows, Conemu is awesome - tabbed command (or powershell) windows in Windows:
https://conemu.github.io/

Never heard of Beyond Compare, thanks!
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #52 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 08:46:52 »

Have you ever tried i3?

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #53 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 09:47:39 »

Have you ever tried i3?

No -- it's tiling, right? I essentially have my windows set up to tile already, but there's about 5% of the time that I actually want to float one window on top of another.

It seems like it's worth a serious look, and will probably use it next time I set up a system to mess around with.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline vyshane

« Reply #54 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 10:06:01 »
Kubernetes. When I start a new server side project, the build file is the first thing that I create, and the second is a set of Kubernetes deployment manifests. I'm extremely bullish about Kubernetes. Big, big fan.

Offline bmilcs

• bryan | bmilcs
    • bmilcs world
« Reply #55 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 10:31:37 »
What do you guys suggest for me? I work as an Allstate Insurance Estimator. I do insane amounts of copy / pasting, and have to use slow web based software to get quick blocks of text like Unavailable/discontinued. Similar item provided.

I was using my Pok3r for work so I had those programmed in and several macros designed for 1 button alt tab, alt d, ctrl a, ctrl c (copy url real quick).

I know that Autohotkey is probably my ticket but are there any other tools for better copy paste features in web pages, etc? I use Firefox.

I'd love to be able to speed up web page loading time somehow. I've optimized my coax into the house, cat7 cables, arris modem w/ 24 channels (on 150mbps connection lol), ac1800 router, as well as a custom built pc with 16gb 2400mhz / 4790k / ssd.

I have adblock installed in Firefox but any other tips welcome.

Speed up webpage loading? With that setup? Turn the computer on and you'll have fast page loads :))

Only if he's at 4.7ghz and above....  otherwise  it's just average...
Show Image

4.4 ghz and evo 212 cooling lol. I didn't even try to push it any further because it's been really good as is. Do you think I could push a lot further? I don't believe it gets very hot. I'll have to run a temperature monitor.

Gaming at the moment and all my cores are at about 47c

Did you delid ?

No sir. It's probably due to having one of the coolest cases ever :)

http://www.fractal-design.com/home/product/cases/define-series/define-s

Fractal Design's Define S.

No optical cage / hard drive mounts with 2x 140mm fans in front and one in the rear for exhaust :) It's insanely airy and wide open :)

TGR.JANE.V2 #40/40 <3 // TOKYO60 #1 // KBD75  #1 #2 #3 #4 // ES87  #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
INCOMPLETE  Duck Orion v3, 2 pcb black on black (might sell, pm me)  | SOUTHPAW.65

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
« Reply #56 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 11:03:37 »
What do you guys suggest for me? I work as an Allstate Insurance Estimator. I do insane amounts of copy / pasting, and have to use slow web based software to get quick blocks of text like Unavailable/discontinued. Similar item provided.

I was using my Pok3r for work so I had those programmed in and several macros designed for 1 button alt tab, alt d, ctrl a, ctrl c (copy url real quick).

I know that Autohotkey is probably my ticket but are there any other tools for better copy paste features in web pages, etc? I use Firefox.

I'd love to be able to speed up web page loading time somehow. I've optimized my coax into the house, cat7 cables, arris modem w/ 24 channels (on 150mbps connection lol), ac1800 router, as well as a custom built pc with 16gb 2400mhz / 4790k / ssd.

Speed up webpage loading? With that setup? Turn the computer on and you'll have fast page loads :))

Show Image

4.4 ghz and evo 212 cooling lol. I didn't even try to push it any further because it's been really good as is. Do you think I could push a lot further? I don't believe it gets very hot. I'll have to run a temperature monitor.

Did you delid ?

No optical cage / hard drive mounts with 2x 140mm fans in front and one in the rear for exhaust :) It's insanely airy and wide open :)

At first, I crinkled my face up when I read of delid-ing. But I uncrinkled my face after seeing some diagrams of the chips in question

Many eyebrows were raised and much drooling commenced. Plus: the tools used to delid are frickin' cool. Although, it does void every kind of warranty known to man, unless you're a ninja with the plastic delid tools. Always be a ninja
Chris Schammert

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #57 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 11:12:02 »
Sublime Text - a great editor with great support for coding and writing.
Fences - Keeps my desktop organized and useful.
QuickJump2016 - A very simple way to popup a menu of a folder.
Find and Run Robot - A launcher that is very extendable, with a very responsive developer.
Chocolatey - convenient way to install and update applications.
PHPStorm - great ide for all web development (not just PHP)
LogFusion - helps me keep multiple logs on multiple servers in order.
RegExBuddy - keeps me sane in dealing with complicated regex.
LinqPad - simple evaluation and testing of C# code without having to open visual studio.
WriteMonkey - keeps me focused on writing.
Notebooks - a good way to keep my novels and resources straight and in plain text.
Scrivener - a great writing assistant.  Too bad it doesn't  store in plain text.

Someone already gave a shout out to conemu.  A great way to have all sorts of shells in one window.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #58 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 12:21:43 »
Have you ever tried i3?

i3 is my jaaaam.  ;D

No -- it's tiling, right? I essentially have my windows set up to tile already, but there's about 5% of the time that I actually want to float one window on top of another.

It seems like it's worth a serious look, and will probably use it next time I set up a system to mess around with.

I usually tell people that if you have a consistent workflow that you can build a setup around, something like i3 could be a big win. What I like most about it is not the auto-tiling but the ability to navigate entirely with the keyboard in a way that is much more fluid and satisfying than alt-tab. I have dedicated hotkeys for jumping to each of my main apps at work and it's glorious.  If you need tons of windows arranged dynamically depending on what you're doing, a tiling WM might be more trouble than it's worth. (Though most of them, including i3, do allow you to float individual windows above the tiled layout.)

Offline decker

« Reply #59 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 12:27:32 »
Stroke it

A windows level gesture software

http://www.tcbmi.com/strokeit/

Too bad it's discontinued.

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #60 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 13:24:24 »
Have you ever tried i3?

i3 is my jaaaam.  ;D

I usually tell people that if you have a consistent workflow that you can build a setup around, something like i3 could be a big win. What I like most about it is not the auto-tiling but the ability to navigate entirely with the keyboard in a way that is much more fluid and satisfying than alt-tab. I have dedicated hotkeys for jumping to each of my main apps at work and it's glorious.  If you need tons of windows arranged dynamically depending on what you're doing, a tiling WM might be more trouble than it's worth. (Though most of them, including i3, do allow you to float individual windows above the tiled layout.)

I have several very different workflows depending on what I'm using the machine for. Everything breaks down into six fairly static panes, although each window takes up one or two panes depending on what's going on. I also occasionally need a file browser or terminal window to float in front of things. I think I might be able to get i3 working for me, but I don't know how much more usable it would be than my current configuration.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #61 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 14:02:05 »

Have you ever tried i3?

i3 is built from the ground up, very flexible, and very nice pane handling.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #62 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 14:07:18 »

Show Image

Did you delid ?

At first, I crinkled my face up when I read of delid-ing. But I uncrinkled my face after seeing some diagrams of the chips in question
Show Image

Many eyebrows were raised and much drooling commenced. Plus: the tools used to delid are frickin' cool. Although, it does void every kind of warranty known to man, unless you're a ninja with the plastic delid tools. Always be a ninja

Delid is a necessity ever since Intel 3xxx series ivybridge.

You can delid 6700k carefully with a knife without the delid tool.. as the hammer is no longer recommended for 6xxx series. 

10-20 Celcius difference is HUGE... that the sole difference behind what gives you that 300mhz edge

Offline astrafo

« Reply #63 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 14:13:06 »
Life is a lot easier with sed & awk.

Offline bmilcs

• bryan | bmilcs
    • bmilcs world
« Reply #64 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 10:13:02 »
OHHH DELID. You mean taking teh surface of the CPU chip off right? This sketched me out too.

TGR.JANE.V2 #40/40 <3 // TOKYO60 #1 // KBD75  #1 #2 #3 #4 // ES87  #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
INCOMPLETE  Duck Orion v3, 2 pcb black on black (might sell, pm me)  | SOUTHPAW.65

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #65 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 16:40:54 »

I'm still too stupid to use awk properly.. takes skill to master this craft

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #66 on: Thu, 14 April 2016, 16:41:47 »
Wat is delid?

Offline astrafo

« Reply #67 on: Fri, 15 April 2016, 01:19:36 »

In my case, learning how to use them became of the need of use them. Like touch typing, electronics and other skills that people learn to fill a need and have some fun (which seems to happen a lot on geekhack).

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #68 on: Fri, 15 April 2016, 17:09:02 »

In my case, learning how to use them became of the need of use them. Like touch typing, electronics and other skills that people learn to fill a need and have some fun (which seems to happen a lot on geekhack).

I tried sed / awk for realz but quickly switched to making a python script instead. I know I know, I should've pushed through. But I was fed up with the docs back then.

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #69 on: Fri, 15 April 2016, 17:18:15 »
clover
mremoteng
arsclip
f.lux
psexec
esxi
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline lakiozoon

« Reply #70 on: Fri, 15 April 2016, 17:56:00 »
7+ taskbar numberer
Autohotkey
foobar2000

Offline venyv

« Reply #71 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 14:04:00 »
For OSX Alfred, Divy or Spectacle, Clipmenu

Offline superbia

« Reply #72 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 11:16:33 »
rufus for microsoft windows

helps me burn bootable iso's in no time
Keebio Iris 2.8 (Alps) X Colemak Mod-DH

Offline rurushu

« Reply #73 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 11:24:47 »
Notepad++

other more useful softwares are unable to be used at my workplace as my company enforces a strict IT policies  :'(

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #74 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 17:15:50 »
Notepad++

other more useful softwares are unable to be used at my workplace as my company enforces a strict IT policies  :'(

That really sucks. I love that our IT team doesn't really give a ****. Install anything that will make your life easier =]

Offline bmilcs

• bryan | bmilcs
    • bmilcs world
« Reply #75 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 10:18:36 »
Autohotkey has become a necessity for myself ;)

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #76 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 10:50:43 »
Notepad++

That really sucks. I love that our IT team doesn't really give a ****. Install anything that will make your life easier =]

I've never worked at somewhere like that, and it's one of the necessities of life as a developer to be able to trial stuff.  There's some stuff I don't need that I'm not in control of at work, and it annoys me when I can't change it, but software... as long as it's licensed, I can install it.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #77 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 17:58:15 »
I used it quite heavily when I was on windows. I had it disabling the Winkey for games, correcting common typos, disabling the caps lock and insert key...

I'm kind of surprised more here don't use it considering how much it can enhance your keyboard and typing.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
« Reply #78 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 18:18:14 »
I used it quite heavily when I was on windows. I had it disabling the Winkey for games, correcting common typos, disabling the caps lock and insert key...

I'm kind of surprised more here don't use it considering how much it can enhance your keyboard and typing.

A few days ago I tried a script that turns the scroll lock key into a dvorak layout toggle. Accidentally pressing the win hotkey (there is another hotkey combo besides win + spacebar that I managed to find whenever I was fiddling with 3d models) for windows layout swapping was mildly irritating imo
Chris Schammert

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #79 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 20:40:45 »

I've got enough stuff in my ahk file that I get throughly confused when I'm using a different computer. And I'm sure the reason for less ahk users is because of programmable PCBs, which can do all is the remapping. Not the more sophisticated stuff though.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #80 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 22:53:39 »

I've got enough stuff in my ahk file that I get throughly confused when I'm using a different computer. And I'm sure the reason for less ahk users is because of programmable PCBs, which can do all is the remapping. Not the more sophisticated stuff though.
Programmable keyboards are fine, but as you know, they can't even come close to what AHK can do.

They can't enable or disable keys based on running programs. For example, you could remap your entire board when coding, disable caps lock when using email, but enable it for macros when running a game or using a program for work. It can also correct typing mistakes, such as changing teh to the or woudl to would. It also doesn't care what keyboard you're using it will still work and the config file can easily be transferred as well from one system to another without any risk of a bad flash bricking your keyboard.
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #81 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 23:27:11 »

Programmable keyboards are fine, but as you know, they can't even come close to what AHK can do.

They can't enable or disable keys based on running programs. For example, you could remap your entire board when coding, disable caps lock when using email, but enable it for macros when running a game or using a program for work. It can also correct typing mistakes, such as changing teh to the or woudl to would. It also doesn't care what keyboard you're using it will still work and the config file can easily be transferred as well from one system to another without any risk of a bad flash bricking your keyboard.

That is all very true. And I am aware that ahk's capabilities are exponentially higher than a programmable pcb. I was just offering a possible explanation. It accounts for some of it. And personally I see little value in having autocorrect on a computer.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #82 on: Fri, 29 April 2016, 04:04:54 »
And personally I see little value in having autocorrect on a computer.
I have dyslexic fingers. :))
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #83 on: Fri, 29 April 2016, 09:04:00 »

That is all very true. And I am aware that ahk's capabilities are exponentially higher than a programmable pcb. I was just offering a possible explanation. It accounts for some of it. And personally I see little value in having autocorrect on a computer.

In my case, it's the reason I don't use AHK anymore. I've seen some incredible things done with it, but if I can do it simpler without having to run a resident program, then why worry?  I use it to make one offs for other people, and to script things at work, but it's definitely not a must have for me anymore.

And some games actually detect AHK as a cheat, so that's another reason that I stopped using it.
« Last Edit: Fri, 29 April 2016, 16:13:12 by chuckdee »

Offline Altis

« Reply #84 on: Tue, 03 May 2016, 08:21:31 »
For me, the greatest is a Chrome plugin called ChangeColors.

It forces the background/text/link colors on every page to change. I make most pages look just like GH (almost black background, white text, red links), but it leaves photos intact. It is an absolute godsend to my eyes in the dark since most pages insist on burning out your retinas. There are some pages that it won't play nice with (you can have it remove the override for that domain).

I can never find it on the Google Store when I search for it, but it's still hosted on there at the following link (and people are still writing reviews for it). It hasn't been updated since 2010 but it still works well as far as I can tell.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/change-colors/jbmkekhehjedonbhoikhhkmlapalklgn?utm_source=chrome-app-launcher-info-dialog
WhiteFox (Gateron Brown) -- Realforce 87U 45g -- Realforce 104UG (Hi Pro 45g) -- Realforce 108US 30g JIS -- HHKB Pro 2 -- IBM Model M ('90) -- IBM Model M SSK ('87) -- NMB RT-101 & RT-8255C+ (Hi-Tek Space Invaders) -- Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blue Alps) -- KPT-102 (KPT Alps) -- KUL ES-87 (62/65g Purple Zealios) -- CM QFR (MX Red) -- Apple Aluminum BT -- Realforce 23u Numpad -- Logitech K740 -- QSENN DT-35 -- Zenith Z-150 (Green Alps)

Offline superbia

« Reply #85 on: Wed, 11 May 2016, 09:51:46 »
dmenu (for all nix users)
launces apps in a breeze
Keebio Iris 2.8 (Alps) X Colemak Mod-DH

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #86 on: Wed, 11 May 2016, 10:03:25 »
Never10  (STOPS WIN 10 UPGRADES)

https://www.grc.com/never10.htm

Offline Altis

« Reply #87 on: Wed, 11 May 2016, 18:57:40 »
Never10  (STOPS WIN 10 UPGRADES)

https://www.grc.com/never10.htm

I think you can just remove and hide the update that causes the Get Windows 10 popup.

That is, unless they embed it into future updates in a more and more common arm-twist approach.
WhiteFox (Gateron Brown) -- Realforce 87U 45g -- Realforce 104UG (Hi Pro 45g) -- Realforce 108US 30g JIS -- HHKB Pro 2 -- IBM Model M ('90) -- IBM Model M SSK ('87) -- NMB RT-101 & RT-8255C+ (Hi-Tek Space Invaders) -- Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blue Alps) -- KPT-102 (KPT Alps) -- KUL ES-87 (62/65g Purple Zealios) -- CM QFR (MX Red) -- Apple Aluminum BT -- Realforce 23u Numpad -- Logitech K740 -- QSENN DT-35 -- Zenith Z-150 (Green Alps)

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #88 on: Wed, 11 May 2016, 19:13:57 »
That is, unless they embed it into future updates in a more and more common arm-twist approach.

They already have.  That's one of the reasons that this type of program is becoming alarmingly prevalent.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #89 on: Wed, 11 May 2016, 21:35:23 »
For me, the greatest is a Chrome plugin called ChangeColors.

It forces the background/text/link colors on every page to change. I make most pages look just like GH (almost black background, white text, red links), but it leaves photos intact. It is an absolute godsend to my eyes in the dark since most pages insist on burning out your retinas. There are some pages that it won't play nice with (you can have it remove the override for that domain).

I can never find it on the Google Store when I search for it, but it's still hosted on there at the following link (and people are still writing reviews for it). It hasn't been updated since 2010 but it still works well as far as I can tell.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/change-colors/jbmkekhehjedonbhoikhhkmlapalklgn?utm_source=chrome-app-launcher-info-dialog

Thanks for the link. I'm going to try this out.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #90 on: Wed, 11 May 2016, 21:50:53 »

In my case, it's the reason I don't use AHK anymore. I've seen some incredible things done with it, but if I can do it simpler without having to run a resident program, then why worry?  I use it to make one offs for other people, and to script things at work, but it's definitely not a must have for me anymore.

And some games actually detect AHK as a cheat, so that's another reason that I stopped using it.

That's interesting, I've never noticed that in games. Usually AHK just doesn't do anything for me.

Offline the_marsbar

« Reply #91 on: Thu, 12 May 2016, 04:27:19 »
clover
f.lux

Are you running a Hackintosh?

Also, I can't recommend f.lux enough. I use it on all of my machines, all the time.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #92 on: Thu, 12 May 2016, 05:13:41 »
Mostly just putty really.
I think most other programs I have could be replaced with something else and I could live with it. But don't take my putty away.

Still getting into linux, have a server at home and a VPS somewhere in the world that I'm going all terminal on, lots of fun.
Seeing some useful Linux programs here and I'll be checking them all out lol.

Offline NewbieOneKenobi

« Reply #93 on: Thu, 12 May 2016, 21:38:10 »
Custom keyboard layout.

http://fonty.pl/sklep,20,gratisy.htm

That and whatever I used to turn left win keys off and remap right win and menu key to additional right alts (three total).

Offline khirin

• Do more, with less.
« Reply #94 on: Thu, 12 May 2016, 21:53:49 »
Launchy - Open Source Keystroke Launcher.  It's a bit old, but the I use it everyday, at home, work and mobile.
http://www.launchy.net/

Offline duhhey

« Reply #95 on: Tue, 28 June 2016, 14:55:12 »
DisplayFusion

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #96 on: Tue, 28 June 2016, 14:57:58 »

Offline emdude

« Reply #97 on: Tue, 28 June 2016, 15:34:12 »
If you are on Windows 8/8.1/10, then ClassicShell

...which I can never really appreciate anyway because of Launchy.
Current drivers: IBM Model M SSK

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #98 on: Wed, 29 June 2016, 06:55:40 »
Custom keyboard layout.

http://fonty.pl/sklep,20,gratisy.htm

That and whatever I used to turn left win keys off and remap right win and menu key to additional right alts (three total).

Why do you need 3 right alts? I'm confused    :confused:

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #99 on: Wed, 29 June 2016, 08:10:51 »
If you are on Windows 8/8.1/10, then ClassicShell

...which I can never really appreciate anyway because of Launchy.

I can't explain how much I love Launchy. With Launchy and Everything mapped to hotkeys, I never have to take my hands of my keyboard to open any file/application and they are brilliantly fast!