Author Topic: Do you use bluetooth headfones/earbuds ?  (Read 4338 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Do you use bluetooth headfones/earbuds ?
« on: Sun, 03 November 2019, 11:03:04 »
It's a TooMahh..

Thoughts ?  Cancer risk ?

229365-0

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
Re: Do you use bluetooth headfones/earbuds ?
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 03 November 2019, 11:11:58 »
I like wires - LAN, mice and earphones should all have them.  More reliable, guaranteed signal quality and no batteries to worry about :thumb:
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 03 November 2019, 12:51:56 »
I use those Sony noise-canceling ones at work. It's handy because I tend to twirl a lot in my chair as I have a wide desk, and to reach my print jobs I have to go to the opposite side of my cubicle.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 03 November 2019, 13:51:19 »
in-ear headphones are a violation of my body holes!

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 03 November 2019, 14:05:48 »
I use wired comfy studio headphones at the computer, but at home and at work. High fidelity at not a too high cost.
At home, I use a cable with extension long enough so that I could also use it at my workbench where I build stuff.
Yes, the cable snags now and then, so I have been thinking of getting wireless: but they would still be Hi-Fi or studio grade: no "gaming" or Beats crap.

I also would never wear anything that would fit inside my ear canal. That's ... unsanitary.
And I think wearing loud earplugs in public should be outlawed. People already have their attention inside their phones somewhere: for everybody's safety it must be possible to make yourself heard to them.
🍉

Offline Henrythewound

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 03 November 2019, 14:34:29 »
I use those Sony noise-canceling ones at work. It's handy because I tend to twirl a lot in my chair as I have a wide desk, and to reach my print jobs I have to go to the opposite side of my cubicle.

Same here. Tried various wired headphones but wireless is tough to beat. Even if I wasn't snagging on things the sound of the cord rubbing with any movement was annoying. Noise cancelling is really nice as well

Offline dingusxmcgee

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 03 November 2019, 14:54:32 »
Use some Bluetooth Bose headphones at work that I really like. No wires is nice so I can walk and talk.
I like to pace back and forth while I’m on the phone.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 03 November 2019, 15:04:41 »
I hate in ear, I hate over the ear (usually) and I really hated wireless headphones.

However, that all changed on a cross country flight where every time I moved the cord got yanked, a few times nearly sending the laptop or cell phone flying. When I landed I immediately went and got some bluetooth headphones. Haven't looked back.

I'm not saying I like the fit or the sound, or the hassle of making sure they don't go dead on a shelf since I don't use them much, but the convenience of when you are using them is nice. Wired is fine when stationary at a desk or something  but if you are out moving around (sports, mowing, etc..), wireless is the only way to go.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 03 November 2019, 15:17:07 »
I have a nice pair of Sennheiser wireless headphones that were high-end 12-15 years ago but are now getting to the point where they are starting to shed little wisps of black plastic, and I HATE that! They are also rather heavy and bulky.

A pair of wired Nakamichis are what I usually use now because they are lighter and more comfortable, and include a built-in microphone which I dislike in principle but it is rather handy sometimes.

“This isn’t the same Trump that got elected in 2016, he’s worse.”
“Something snapped in this guy — for real — when he lost in 2020,” Biden said, suggesting the former president was “unhinged” and was the driving force behind a mob of his supporters overrunning the US Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021."
“He can’t accept the fact that he lost, it’s literally driving him crazy,” Biden said.
He added that the former president “wants to terminate the Constitution” and “says if he loses there will be a bloodbath in America.”
“What kind of man is this?”  Biden asked. — June 3, 2024

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 03 November 2019, 15:59:55 »
When I worked in an office I had a small player in my shirt pocket (Tera Player) and a short cable leaving me free to move with no risk of snagging and with the cable worn over my ear no movement noise.  I also got a short cable to use with my portable over-ears (Oppo PM-3) but it's more obvious you're wearing them if you're not supposed to be.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 03 November 2019, 18:58:59 »
I use my BluDio headphones almost every day for just listening to music and videos.

I am not an audiophile so my sister mainly uses my headphones for video editing. She has long hair so hair gets in the headphones all the time.

LMAO who needs good sound anyway?

Offline Herman

• college student
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 03 November 2019, 19:22:47 »
I only use wireless earbuds when I work out, but I'm cheap so got $50 AirPod ripoffs. They do their job. Normal earbuds when listening to music or walking around.

I do have wireless headphones back home that I like a lot. I enjoy to move around while I work and constantly get up to make tea or coffee and definitely don't mind being able to bring the audio from my computer with me when I do that.  :thumb:

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 03 November 2019, 19:47:32 »
LMAO who needs good sound anyway?

I would suggest anyone who listens to anything that's not minimalistic (not enough actual music to need quality, e.g. most rap) and wasn't mixed and mastered following old-new standards of compression (read: most 'popular' music of any genre released in the past 10-15 years) would benefit from at least decent equipment, but would only notice if they actually listened rather than using it as background noise.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 04 November 2019, 05:33:45 »
I use a bluetooth ear bud almost everyday.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Offline audiosl4ve

• Just slave
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 04 November 2019, 05:43:07 »
using Meizu bluetooth earbuds. Sound is terrible but they're pretty good with battery life and no tangling wires.

Offline yui

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 04 November 2019, 07:45:21 »
i do like the just plug it in and works nature of wired headphones even most usb ones manage that (i should add that my phone has an headphone jack) i always had problem with getting bluetooth stuff to work with my PC(s) (and having 9 of them does not help, some are even too old for bluetooth altogether, works very poorly on DOS).
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 04 November 2019, 13:49:53 »
Seems like ery1's pretty comfortable wit EM-radiation.

Do they make ear bud/ neck band versions that have all day battery life ?

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 04 November 2019, 18:28:41 »
I think mine get 4-6 hours.
I wear mine so infrequent it's not an issue.

Bluetooth 4 is lower power so people wearing earbuds will probably go deaf before the cancer gets them*.

Earbuds are F'ing HORRIBLE for your hearing, and it's far worse if you are doing something strenuous at the same time as your ears are one of the first places your body cuts oxygen to when it's starved for it.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 04 November 2019, 18:33:49 »
I do not get on my PC much anymore. Mainly just on my MacBook so I use Airpods all the time.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #19 on: Mon, 04 November 2019, 21:09:39 »
I do not get on my PC much anymore. Mainly just on my MacBook so I use Airpods all the time.

/Gasp,  hyperventilate,   Fall Over... Foam @ mouth

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #20 on: Mon, 04 November 2019, 21:40:11 »
Been using Samsung galaxy buds since they came out, probably have a tumor in my head... but they are comfy

Offline ergonaut

« Reply #21 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 09:15:47 »
I don't use 'em. I don't know whether radiation/cancer is a risk or not, but I'd like to err on the side of caution.

Mostly though, I don't use them because I think it's a PITA to have yet another thing that needs recharging. I take the inconvenience of cables over having to recharge. Plus, most Bluetooth stuff simply sucks.

Offline Venaros

« Reply #22 on: Sun, 10 November 2019, 14:11:42 »
Don't think there is too much risk from bluetooth devices, as the radiation they emit is non-ionizing (RF-EMR). They could cause cancer, but you would have to have a huge amount of them to see an affect:
https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news-releases/high-exposure-radiofrequency-radiation-linked-tumor-activity-male-rats 

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #23 on: Sun, 10 November 2019, 15:14:38 »
All this talk about radiation is baloney.

Hearing damage is orders of magnitude more real and immediate.
“This isn’t the same Trump that got elected in 2016, he’s worse.”
“Something snapped in this guy — for real — when he lost in 2020,” Biden said, suggesting the former president was “unhinged” and was the driving force behind a mob of his supporters overrunning the US Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021."
“He can’t accept the fact that he lost, it’s literally driving him crazy,” Biden said.
He added that the former president “wants to terminate the Constitution” and “says if he loses there will be a bloodbath in America.”
“What kind of man is this?”  Biden asked. — June 3, 2024