Author Topic: Feminist Laptop ??  (Read 932 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Feminist Laptop ??
« on: Fri, 07 February 2020, 14:30:15 »
235314-0

MSI- Rose Pink Prestige

targeting female market?

i7-10710U (6-core, 15watt tdp)

Nvidia GTX 1650 (MaxQ)

4K screen (optional)

Comes with pink bag, pink mouse, pink dragon keychain < That's alotta pink >

235316-1

The only other competition is Razr's Blade Quartz Pink 15.

This looks to be more of a slate-pink, vs the warmer pink on the MSI

< a much more powerful machine w/ up to 2060 + 9750h cpu for pink version>

< kinda weird that the Max config isn't available for the Pink version, 2080(mq) or Quadro rtx 5000. >

The CPU is 9th gen 9750h (~65watt part), but way faster than 10th gen i7-10710U on the MSI (15-25 watt part)

235320-2

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
Re: Feminist Laptop ??
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 07 February 2020, 19:08:52 »
If I understand feminists correctly they will hate these.  The lack of high end hardware is an insult as it suggests females can't know how to do complicated things on a computer or that their time is worth less, and the colour is a reminder that all designers are males and worse than that - males who think the only way to sell to the "stupid" half of society is to make a pink version.

Personally I think the above is crazy and it's good to have pink options that will appeal to some female buyers - who are more than welcome to pick the standard boring grey version if they so wish.

Ducky Zero, MX Reds    JD40, Jailhouse Blues           GH60
Soarer controller

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 07 February 2020, 19:22:46 »

/headscratch ..

pink is not kewl with feminists ?

I didn't know this. I assumed with all those breast cancer ribbons and pink church fish emblems, that pink is popular.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 07 February 2020, 19:31:23 »
idk what this has anything at all to do with feminism. because it's pink? my avatar is pink, am I automatically a feminist? do feminists even like girly things, I think it's the other way around.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 07 February 2020, 19:53:22 »
idk what this has anything at all to do with feminism. because it's pink? my avatar is pink, am I automatically a feminist? do feminists even like girly things, I think it's the other way around.

Well, feminism is broad, you have academics which narrow it to suit their particular agenda.   Overtime, it's become a very general term, an inclination/ direction.

While I don't doubt there's an anti-pink feminist cabal in existence, surely they're fringe.

Offline Hinps

• :)
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 07 February 2020, 20:33:06 »
I think the colours look good in the pictures, but their quartz keyboard is just bad. It is a nice change though that razer isn't just using pink as another breast cancer advert. But I doubt this will get many women into gaming, since most people I see with the quartz lineups are men.

edit- thought this was razer not msi lol
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 February 2020, 23:42:00 by Hinps »

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 07 February 2020, 22:33:39 »
MSI is ****ing trash, especially customer service. Avoid at all cost, **** those assbags.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 07 February 2020, 22:35:29 »
MSI is ****ing trash, especially customer service. Avoid at all cost, **** those assbags.

/Gasp ,  bad xperience ?,  tell us on this anatomically correct laptop where MSI broke it.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • I like keebs and cereal
    • My promotion link
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 05:47:09 »
If I understand feminists correctly they will hate these.  The lack of high end hardware is an insult as it suggests females can't know how to do complicated things on a computer or that their time is worth less, and the colour is a reminder that all designers are males and worse than that - males who think the only way to sell to the "stupid" half of society is to make a pink version.

Personally I think the above is crazy and it's good to have pink options that will appeal to some female buyers - who are more than welcome to pick the standard boring grey version if they so wish.

I can do complicated things on my computer. I'm known as "the person who can fix things" around here

Offline DarwinH

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 09 February 2020, 09:22:34 »
Laptop seems more than fine when it comes to specifications. I don't see what the big deal is with the color, who cares. Sure, there are women or even men out there who would prefer a pink setup. It's fine that there is this option too, obviously.