Author Topic: Dream Hobbies You Would Get Into IF You Could Afford Them  (Read 5980 times)

Offline hvontres

• Buckling Spring Enthusiast
Re: Dream Hobbies You Would Get Into IF You Could Afford Them
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 08 August 2020, 18:24:17 »
Definitely want to expand on my metal working hobby. I currently have a mill, lathe and a welder that is way older than I am.. Would love to add a small furnace for metal casting and a forge and Anvil for blacksmiting... but apparently old anvils are also collectable, so just like our vintage boards, used anvils have become ridiculously expensive. Not to mention that there don't seem to be too many in my local area and shipping on a 400+ lb chunck of iron gets pretty steep.

And someday, I would love to have a dedicated shop with three-phase and enough room for something the size of a Haas VF-3 or even better, a UMC-750..
Henry von Tresckow

1986 Model M 1390131 (square badge), 1987 Model M 1391401 (Oval Badge), 1993 Model M2 project, Modded Reddragon k556 with Hako True switches and dev/tty keycaps (work keyboard)

Offline KeyRelic

• KeyRelic
« Reply #51 on: Thu, 17 September 2020, 13:27:24 »
High sea piracy.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #52 on: Fri, 18 September 2020, 06:10:56 »
High sea piracy.
Achievable, all you need is a wealthy sponsor and a Kenyan crew of sailors.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #53 on: Fri, 18 September 2020, 07:51:47 »
High sea piracy.

Can you imagine being a billionaire so bored you become a pirate overlord? Ahh man I'd for sure have an island hideout, probably hire some big architect to make sure it's shaped like a skull and volcano adjacent.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #54 on: Mon, 21 September 2020, 02:23:28 »
High sea piracy.

Can you imagine being a billionaire so bored you become a pirate overlord? Ahh man I'd for sure have an island hideout, probably hire some big architect to make sure it's shaped like a skull and volcano adjacent.

**** yeah piracy.