Author Topic: Cookie dust  (Read 2478 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Cookie dust
« on: Thu, 22 October 2020, 17:17:57 »
So gets 2 the end of the bag of the cookies.

And cuz. Tp4 = maximum p00r person, must attempt 2 eat all the crumbs.

Lifts bags, shake,  Proceeds to almost choke, then much coughing.

There doesn't seem to be any good ways to eat cookie dust sans danger.

Offline Findecanor

Re: Cookie dust
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 22 October 2020, 17:26:15 »
Combine with butter. Put in the bottom of a ramekin. Pour cheesecake batter on top. Bake.
🍉

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 22 October 2020, 17:56:43 »
dip your **** in honey then roll it in cookie dough and hit the town!

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 22 October 2020, 18:08:11 »
Straw. Stainless or glass, of course. tp4 enviro frend.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 22 October 2020, 19:19:30 »
Straw. Stainless or glass, of course. tp4 enviro frend.

LOL cookie dust, poor man's ketamine.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 22 October 2020, 19:22:19 »

Offline Sniping

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 22 October 2020, 22:59:28 »
man wyd eating store bought cookies whats your address imma deliver you some real ones

Offline yui

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 23 October 2020, 02:46:25 »
if you are maximum poor stop buying cookies, making them yourself is much cheaper and you can even make custom cookies and less of that dangerous dust, and you can flavor milk with that dust far less likely to choke on that, and even works with soy milk
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 23 October 2020, 07:31:07 »
Tp4 has never considered baking cookies.  Have baked a cake a few times.

Looking into it.

Are you guys sure it's cheaper ?, energy cost seems quite high.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 23 October 2020, 14:53:34 »
People who cook always say it's cheaper and that is never ever that case. Never not in one scenario is prepping a dish at home cheaper than buying it prepared. Better tasting, maybe. Cheaper, never. idk why people say that it's really annoying

Offline Sniping

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 23 October 2020, 15:56:38 »
Tp4 has never considered baking cookies.  Have baked a cake a few times.

Looking into it.

Are you guys sure it's cheaper ?, energy cost seems quite high.

i wouldn't say it's cheaper. noisy is right. problem with home baking is that you'll buy all the ingredients for chocolate chip cookies, and you'll be stuck with all these leftover ingredients after you make one batch, so you either have to get more ingredients to make something else, or keep making chocolate chip cookies until you can't eat another chocolate chip cookie. i always overeat after baking at home because you'll be stuck with a large batch. instead, if you're tryna be cheap about it, just get premade cookie dough or premade brownie mix and go from there. it'll be 100x better than a pre packaged cookie though. to me home cooking is worthwhile but baking is another story, since you're just making an excessive amount of treats for yourself if you're not sharing with anyone.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #11 on: Fri, 23 October 2020, 16:41:06 »
...problem with home baking is that you'll buy all the ingredients for chocolate chip cookies, and you'll be stuck with all these leftover ingredients after you make one batch...
I don't think that is much of a problem for baking cookies, specifically. Recipes don't tend to have exotic ingredients that you couldn't use for anything else. Unlike bread that might require a bag of rye flour.
The dry ingredients last practically forever, and there are lots of uses for them and for butter and eggs.
🍉

Offline Kavik

« Reply #12 on: Fri, 23 October 2020, 17:10:51 »
People who cook always say it's cheaper and that is never ever that case. Never not in one scenario is prepping a dish at home cheaper than buying it prepared. Better tasting, maybe. Cheaper, never. idk why people say that it's really annoying

Thanks for making me not feel crazy. I've made pot roast a couple times recently, and it worked out to roughly $10 per plate each time. One local restaurant makes a pretty good pot roast for $12, and it comes with two sides and free rolls. I guess it's probably more expensive after the tip, but I don't have to do dishes afterwards.

Maybe if I bought meat from a wholesaler, I could make it more cheaply. (P.S., why is it "wholesaler" and not "wholeseller"?)
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline yui

« Reply #13 on: Sat, 24 October 2020, 04:26:50 »
i guess it depends where you live, here a bought pizza is 12euros, if i make it myself it is 3 to 4 euros + 1 euro of electricity, electricity and ingredients are fairly cheap here, although pizzas are a bad example as the home made one will never be as good, and truth be told i never calculated the energy for cookies to be honest but i am at 3 to 7 euros per kg in ingredients vs 15 euros per kg of store bought cookies. bread is an other story the flour in itself is more expensive than the bread you buy at the store here.
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #14 on: Sat, 24 October 2020, 07:59:58 »

I've made pot roast a couple times recently, and it worked out to roughly $10 per plate each time.

What cut of meat are you buying? The concept of pot roast is to slow cook a cheap cut to make it tender. Look for something like chuck roast on sale and you can probably get multiple servings for $10.
"It's 110, but it doesn't feel it to me, right. If anybody goes down. Everybody was so worried yesterday about you and they never mentioned me. I'm up here sweating like a dog. They don’t think about me. This is hard work.
Do you feel the breeze? I don't want anybody going on me. We need every voter. I don't care about you. I just want your vote. I don't care."
- Donald Trump - Las Vegas 2024-06-09

Offline Kavik

« Reply #15 on: Sat, 24 October 2020, 16:58:34 »

I've made pot roast a couple times recently, and it worked out to roughly $10 per plate each time.

What cut of meat are you buying? The concept of pot roast is to slow cook a cheap cut to make it tender. Look for something like chuck roast on sale and you can probably get multiple servings for $10.

I think angus chuck roast is what I got. I typically cook 5 pounds at a time, and it was about $5.97/lb. So $29.85 plus the cost of carrots ($2), potatoes ($3.50), onions ($3), beef broth ($5)... Hmm, maybe I was wrong. It seems to work out to ~$7 per serving (that doesn't count left over veggies or the minute cost of washing dishes and running the crock pot). Maybe it seems more expensive because I share it with others, ha.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline Lanrefni

« Reply #16 on: Sat, 24 October 2020, 22:14:27 »
...problem with home baking is that you'll buy all the ingredients for chocolate chip cookies, and you'll be stuck with all these leftover ingredients after you make one batch...
I don't think that is much of a problem for baking cookies, specifically. Recipes don't tend to have exotic ingredients that you couldn't use for anything else. Unlike bread that might require a bag of rye flour.
The dry ingredients last practically forever, and there are lots of uses for them and for butter and eggs.

Rye flour is only used in Rye bread,I made some excellent no knead bread last week using just regular flour,yeast,salt,and apple cider.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 16:39:45 »
So gets 2 the end of the bag of the cookies.

And cuz. Tp4 = maximum p00r person, must attempt 2 eat all the crumbs.

Lifts bags, shake,  Proceeds to almost choke, then much coughing.

There doesn't seem to be any good ways to eat cookie dust sans danger.

Show Image

Sometimes there more dust than the acutal cookie