Author Topic: @ Cyberpunk  (Read 11269 times)

Offline bliss

Re: @ Cyberpunk
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 14 December 2020, 16:12:16 »
I use 2070 @1080p on haswell-e @64GB, 460.79

simply following the rt recommendation from cdpr for my case (=RT medium), the game looks stunning and is actually running smoothly (not measuring, just subjective impression). Even when the frame rate drops, it never gets choppy (sharing PadawanGeek's experience), so headshot everytine! With RT medium preset, DLSS is set to automatic and seems the perfect companion for RTX. RT ultra looks clearly better, but I can live with the medium preset. All in all, stunning experience, and not aching for a current-gen card!

Taking it slow, I only had minor glitches so far (wardrobe malfunction, Jackie walks through closed elevator doors), but nothing game-breaking.

Very much enjoying the Cyberpunk universe

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #51 on: Mon, 14 December 2020, 16:25:55 »
I use 2070 @1080p on haswell-e @64GB, 460.79

simply following the rt recommendation from cdpr for my case (=RT medium), the game looks stunning and is actually running smoothly (not measuring, just subjective impression). Even when the frame rate drops, it never gets choppy (sharing PadawanGeek's experience), so headshot everytine! With RT medium preset, DLSS is set to automatic and seems the perfect companion for RTX. RT ultra looks clearly better, but I can live with the medium preset. All in all, stunning experience, and not aching for a current-gen card!

Taking it slow, I only had minor glitches so far (wardrobe malfunction, Jackie walks through closed elevator doors), but nothing game-breaking.

Very much enjoying the Cyberpunk universe

I still plan on getting it myself and I'm running on Broadwell-E but only a 1080TI (clocked at 2150 on the core).  I still plan on waiting for the stock to become stable on the new gen cards for me to make my decision on when to update what I have since I primarily run at 1440p. 

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #52 on: Mon, 14 December 2020, 16:27:46 »
We can't really judge the cards on this game alone, since it's a heavily sponsored title.

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #53 on: Mon, 14 December 2020, 16:30:34 »
Well I know if I get it before updating GPU's, I will definitely not be attempting to run it w/ Ray Tracing. 

Offline bliss

« Reply #54 on: Mon, 14 December 2020, 17:29:00 »
I still plan on getting it myself and I'm running on Broadwell-E but only a 1080TI (clocked at 2150 on the core).  I still plan on waiting for the stock to become stable on the new gen cards for me to make my decision on when to update what I have since I primarily run at 1440p. 

RT beyond 1080p will need some serious firepower, even with DLSS. I do not envy your wallet, but go for RT Ultra specs if you are so inclined

We can't really judge the cards on this game alone, since it's a heavily sponsored title.

In that light, interested how the AMD side of ray-tracing will turn out in this game...

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #55 on: Mon, 14 December 2020, 17:46:28 »
This game is extremely poorly optimized. I am surprised to see you all complaining about your hardware when that is not at fault at all.

I'd love to see the Gordian Knot mess 'o code running the constant systems for this game. I bet it's illegible to anyone who didn't help write it and almost no comments.
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 December 2020, 17:48:29 by noisyturtle »

Offline yui

« Reply #56 on: Tue, 15 December 2020, 00:55:12 »
code can be beautifully written and very poorly optimized all at the same time :)
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline bliss

« Reply #57 on: Tue, 15 December 2020, 05:12:28 »
but only a 1080TI

Thinking about it, one hell of a card - why not take it for a spin in Night City?

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #58 on: Tue, 15 December 2020, 08:07:21 »
I still plan on it, since it wont be till possibly April till I upgrade considering the hardware market right now.   I know the game is poorly optimized as prior to launch in the recommended specs I would have no issues running at 1440p above 60+ fps, but right now as it sits I'm partially wanting to wait for the tweaks/fixes to be launched before investing my money and time into it.

Offline KeyRelic

• KeyRelic
« Reply #59 on: Tue, 15 December 2020, 11:28:12 »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #61 on: Tue, 15 December 2020, 17:11:33 »
I'd be interested to see the shareholder report this quarter. The full staff got their full bonuses who's milestones were directly tied to the release date and completion rate, neither of which were met yet the game sold gangbusters so they got them anyway. What if you DIDN'T violate company policy, no one got their project completion bonus, and you pushed the game release back a few months to when it was actually done and giving bonuses would make sense.

I'm glad I'm not a shareholder cause I'd be pissed at this poor decision. And people are still coddling CDPR's balls even though this is a buggier release than Fallout '76
It's just hypocrisy and bull****

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #62 on: Tue, 15 December 2020, 21:04:48 »
Show Image

The funny yellow dog is the only thing that brings me joy anymore

Offline yui

« Reply #63 on: Wed, 16 December 2020, 01:56:21 »
I'd be interested to see the shareholder report this quarter. The full staff got their full bonuses who's milestones were directly tied to the release date and completion rate, neither of which were met yet the game sold gangbusters so they got them anyway. What if you DIDN'T violate company policy, no one got their project completion bonus, and you pushed the game release back a few months to when it was actually done and giving bonuses would make sense.

I'm glad I'm not a shareholder cause I'd be pissed at this poor decision. And people are still coddling CDPR's balls even though this is a buggier release than Fallout '76
Ok you are pissed but fallout 76 could not even be played at release because of how buggy it was, and some of the bugs did literally get peoples banned from a game they paid for for no fault of their own, bethesda literally stole from some peoples because they could not code a game right, from what i saw and heard cdpr is not yet at that point, is it?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #64 on: Wed, 16 December 2020, 02:11:43 »

Ok you are pissed but fallout 76 could not even be played at release because of how buggy it was, and some of the bugs did literally get peoples banned from a game they paid for for no fault of their own, bethesda literally stole from some peoples because they could not code a game right, from what i saw and heard cdpr is not yet at that point, is it?

Point taken, CDPR would never ban players for their own mistakes cause they sure aint Bethesda(or more accurately Microsoft.) They own GOG, I give 'em a lil credit. But this release was an embarrassment, the game was clearly not done.

I tried. I really tired to find one single stream or play through that was not riddled with multiple bugs consistently. Not one single scene int he entire game was without some sort of bug. It just smacks of they got it into a BARELY playable state and pushed it out the door for EOY sales.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #65 on: Wed, 16 December 2020, 02:31:31 »
I don't get why anyone expected this to be absolutely amazing and bug free.

Not a major design house - Check
Severely late - Check
Celebrity and big money promotion - Check
FAAAAR too much hype to ever match - Check

I'm not saying the game is terrible (I'm considering buying it), but no game will live up to this hype and this game certainly does not seem to come even close.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #66 on: Wed, 16 December 2020, 02:35:29 »
The full staff got their full bonuses who's milestones were directly tied to the release date and completion rate, neither of which were met yet the game sold gangbusters so they got them anyway.

I'd rather see the programmers who worked day and night (and still putting in massive hours to squash bugs) get their bonus that the executives and investors.
That industry is rife with game companies putting the crunch on developers and then just as the hype runs out, they magically run out of money leaving programmers high and dry. Happens all the time. Pay your employees.

The executives have their golden parachutes and they're ultimately responsible, don't put this on the people who did the work.
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #67 on: Wed, 16 December 2020, 03:00:43 »
The full staff got their full bonuses who's milestones were directly tied to the release date and completion rate, neither of which were met yet the game sold gangbusters so they got them anyway.

I'd rather see the programmers who worked day and night (and still putting in massive hours to squash bugs) get their bonus that the executives and investors.
That industry is rife with game companies putting the crunch on developers and then just as the hype runs out, they magically run out of money leaving programmers high and dry. Happens all the time. Pay your employees.

The executives have their golden parachutes and they're ultimately responsible, don't put this on the people who did the work.

arguably I am complaining about info the public never sees, I want devs to get their due 100%

I just want it to be representative of it's value. The further the gaming industry loses sight of that (and it is RAPID in the current climate) the worse off the end product and consumer is for it. CDPR seems like from their history a company to set an example, not follow the trend.

Offline yui

« Reply #68 on: Wed, 16 December 2020, 03:54:17 »
arguably I am complaining about info the public never sees, I want devs to get their due 100%

I just want it to be representative of it's value. The further the gaming industry loses sight of that (and it is RAPID in the current climate) the worse off the end product and consumer is for it. CDPR seems like from their history a company to set an example, not follow the trend.
CDPR history is far from spotless, they made their money from shoddy console port for a while (example Saints Row 2 for PC) and they struck gold with the witcher series. still Cyberpunk so far is a full priced game with full priced content and not as far as i know micro transactions, 3 currencies, malware DRM and day one DLC up the wazoo. seems pretty fair to say they are far from following the anti-consumer trends but there also was the death threat to the dev since the last delay, i do not blame them from not wanting to delay it further and releasing an unfinished game, like everyone else in the industry (even without death threat).

Offline bliss

« Reply #69 on: Wed, 16 December 2020, 05:52:00 »
Celebrity and big money promotion

I am grateful that I do not know most of the celebrities anyway ;D I find such cameos ruin immersion for those who do

Elon Musk was funny in Machete also, so why not... but there is allegedly also some weird youtuber with sunglasses and a wig, hope he does not cross my way (in real life OR the game) haha.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #70 on: Wed, 16 December 2020, 09:32:51 »
I just want it to be representative of it's value.
Programmers have little to no say in how good the code is that goes out.
Execs limit time, prioritize features over bugs and push tighter and tighter timelines then expect everyone to somehow make it work.

Programming always starts off good and devolves into "just get it out, I don't care how".
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline MajorKoos

• 1 life please. Extra large.
« Reply #71 on: Wed, 16 December 2020, 09:49:53 »
258099-0

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #72 on: Sun, 20 December 2020, 23:10:33 »
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2020-12-20-assassins-creed-valhalla-takes-christmas-no-1-as-cyberpunk-2077-falls-to-third-uk-boxed-charts

I hope this sends a very clear message to studios who want to force games out the door by sheer power of greed before they are ready for end users.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #73 on: Mon, 21 December 2020, 02:30:55 »
I tell you something guys - you probably don't know this, but even with Witcher3 or Witcher1, devs were pushed hard to finish up and push the game out the door by their producers/investors.
It was horrible experience for them, there is an interview regarding Witcher series on youtube (in polish) telling the whole story years after release.
People around the world may not know this but even in Witcher 1 a huge chunk of world was simply cut off with the wall, as it was not done on time investors wanted it to be out.
It is very shame that they did it again, but unfortunately money is what drove them...
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Drop CSTM80 | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline phinix

« Reply #74 on: Fri, 25 December 2020, 16:30:00 »

Severely late - Check

I'm not saying the game is terrible (I'm considering buying it), but no game will live up to this hype and this game certainly does not seem to come even close.

Hey LeslieAnn, if you decide to buy it, I have a PC version, brand new GOG code for sale, please let me know.
I rather to sell to one of us geekhackers, then try my luck on ebay.
« Last Edit: Fri, 25 December 2020, 17:59:13 by phinix »
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Drop CSTM80 | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #75 on: Fri, 25 December 2020, 17:23:22 »

Severely late - Check

Hey LeslieAnn, if you decide to buy it, I have a PC version, brand new steam code for sale, please let me know.

Ya'll can play the whole game on google stadia for free during their free trial month.

@ phinix, you can play some of it on stadia, and decide whether to keep the code. graphics fidelity obviously won't match ur 3070

Offline phinix

« Reply #76 on: Fri, 25 December 2020, 18:00:02 »

Severely late - Check

Hey LeslieAnn, if you decide to buy it, I have a PC version, brand new steam code for sale, please let me know.

Ya'll can play the whole game on google stadia for free during their free trial month.

@ phinix, you can play some of it on stadia, and decide whether to keep the code. graphics fidelity obviously won't match ur 3070

I got two copies for Christmas, that is why selling one.
Its actually GOG code, not steam.

Offline NoteMakoti

• for sale, baby shoes, never worn
« Reply #77 on: Sun, 27 December 2020, 09:42:27 »
I put in 70 hours so far, trying to do all the major questlines before having a sit-down with Hanako Arasaka. I'll probably finish it before the PS5 update hits.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #78 on: Sun, 27 December 2020, 20:25:34 »
Hey LeslieAnn, if you decide to buy it, I have a PC version, brand new GOG code for sale, please let me know.

Being on Linux, Steam makes it way easier and while you can port Steam to GOG, you can't go from GOG to Steam.

Besides, I'm not paying anywhere near full price for what I deem to be an unfinished game. It may be good, but I;m not sure if they simply over-promised and under delivered or they simply ran out of time and money and left out a ton of features but it seems daily people are finding more and more unfinished things that are not simply just bugs.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline phinix

« Reply #79 on: Mon, 28 December 2020, 06:58:55 »

Being on Linux, Steam makes it way easier and while you can port Steam to GOG, you can't go from GOG to Steam.

Besides, I'm not paying anywhere near full price for what I deem to be an unfinished game. It may be good, but I;m not sure if they simply over-promised and under delivered or they simply ran out of time and money and left out a ton of features but it seems daily people are finding more and more unfinished things that are not simply just bugs.

I was going to say half price, but its ok, I understand, I have my own copy installed, playing it and it doesn't feel amazing like Witcher did.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #80 on: Mon, 28 December 2020, 07:19:01 »

I was going to say half price, but its ok, I understand, I have my own copy installed, playing it and it doesn't feel amazing like Witcher did.

It's pretty gud' as is imho, but after they fix it up a bit more and release - remastered - it'll be even better.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #81 on: Mon, 28 December 2020, 20:30:54 »
Thanks, it's a good deal but please offer it to someone who will appreciate it more. I do appreciate the offer though.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline phinix

« Reply #82 on: Tue, 29 December 2020, 07:13:40 »
Thanks, it's a good deal but please offer it to someone who will appreciate it more. I do appreciate the offer though.

Its ok, no worries.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #83 on: Thu, 31 December 2020, 20:57:57 »
The entitled moron consumer once again yells loudly countering everything they are saying at the same time. Literally right in the midst of the CP controversy people have the gall to ***** about Star Citizen being delayed again. Have they learned literally nothing? How entitled and stupid is the general gaming consumer?
Answer: Very

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #84 on: Thu, 31 December 2020, 21:44:25 »
The entitled moron consumer once again yells loudly countering everything they are saying at the same time. Literally right in the midst of the CP controversy people have the gall to ***** about Star Citizen being delayed again. Have they learned literally nothing? How entitled and stupid is the general gaming consumer?

It's not nearly as bad as that time when they canceled FIREFLY.. That was probably worst moment in human history next to WW2

Offline NoteMakoti

• for sale, baby shoes, never worn
« Reply #85 on: Sat, 02 January 2021, 09:45:57 »
Cyberpunk's problem (being a next gen game ported down to older systems and launching simultaneously) is still very different from Star Citizen's (A completely unfocused dev philosophy combined with a rabid fanbase that literally expects the impossible.)

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #86 on: Sun, 03 January 2021, 22:33:32 »
And here come the lawsuits...
I wondered how fast they would start.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More