WW84
« on: Sun, 27 December 2020, 22:25:52 »
The Script....

How could this happen ?

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
Re: WW84
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 28 December 2020, 03:20:46 »
I haven't seen it but my guess is they spent more money on marketing, actors/actresses and licensing than actually plot and quality.
Lots of big marketed movies are garbage, you can tell where the money went. This is why almost every remake is horrible and why you don't want to go watch Tom Cruise movies, his paycheck alone is often 1/3rd of the movie budget. Will Smith is the same way, unless he financed it or used it as a vehicle to get one of his kids into acting, in which case it's even worse. The only way it works is if they get a cut of the ticket sales, Keaneu Reaves and Bruce Willis work this way, Tom Cruise and Will Smith do not.

On this list income only means they got paid in full up front, salary means they took a "meager" paycheck up front and then a percentage of the sales. The higher the up front cost the less likely it was actually good. It's not a hard rule, but it works most of the time.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest_paid_film_actors
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline Faceman76

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 28 December 2020, 04:17:07 »
I thought it started okay, midway through was fine, then it was a downward spiral as bad as GOT series 8...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

TKC 1800, Crystal Box Navy, Sprit 100g

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 28 December 2020, 10:31:56 »
Quit watching yesterday half way through..   Finished it just now.. Ughh.... it was quite difficult..  // double facepalm

Sigh...  Honestly, IDK why expectations were so high.     Patty Jenkins is a horrible director.    The 1st WW was a mess as well, but people went with it because feminism shield.

The internet of course is diss'n Gadot.   It's completely NOT her fault.

Think about a realistic WW,  she's almost superman's equal in power,  HOW would such a person behave, Confident, Calm, Contained,  Internet calls it cardboard, but it's actually exactly She-EO, the holy grail of feminist identity.. People act as if she aught to be Female-Flash, funny, emotional, girly ? 

Gadot is nailing her part, and completely logically correct.

It's Patty Jenkins' fault this movie is trash, She clearly has no eye for action movies.

Also, the HDR seems rushed and not well done. Could be bit-starved streaming, but overall it wasn't balanced.

Offline ddrfraser1

• RIP Neil
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 28 December 2020, 11:15:02 »
Agreed. Gadot was good and so was pine. Story was boring as balls (Jenkins is a good director, not a good writer. Snyder wrote the first one FYI). CG didn't necessarily look unfinished it was just odd how they styled everything like nothing had weight. It felt like I was watching a cartoon. The 80s nostalgia stuff was fun I guess but sort of felt hollow like it didn't really serve a purpose, unlike Stranger things where you actually felt immersed in the world.

I will say, I don't buy into the whole anti feminist thing. What I mean is, I don't agree with people who say Jenkins was trying to push a feminist agenda. I think that's BS. This is a Wonder Woman movie. Let her shine and be the badass she is. The guys didn't have super powers but still got to have their heroic moments and were not portrayed as idiots. The times WW was kicking ass was usually against other women and when she got her ass kicked it was by other women. So yeah, I think dudes need to chill.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 28 December 2020, 11:22:20 »
I wouldn't fault the writing if the scenes were at least well put together, impactfully.

Physics require more stuttering and weight as you've said.  The wind ups are too fast.  This lays with the director, she has to have an eye for it. To stylize appropriately.

The pace was indeed all over the place, and it did not come together.

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 18 January 2021, 19:06:57 »
I worked on this movie and I am not a fan of this movie.