Author Topic: What did you get in the mail today?  (Read 20315942 times)

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
Re: What did you get in the mail today?
« Reply #11400 on: Sat, 24 August 2013, 19:50:05 »
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
Kind of thin double-shots, some interesting legends, MX Clears and a Grey on the space bar.  Not too bad for $35.

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
My first actual Dolch, hardly shows any signs of use.  Pac 64.  Not real impressed by the MX Blues, but the keycaps are choice.

Two very awesome gets!

Where did you find the Maxine?

Kind of a long story...

Back when I first joined GH, I found a computer recycle place near my work.  [That's where I got my first surplus find, a black Dell AT101.]  About six months ago I asked if they ever got Dolch units in.  Turns out they did get them occasionally, in various lots of surplus equipment, so I gave them my name and email address, asked to be contacted if they got one in stock. 

So...  yesterday I got an email letting me know they had a Dolch in, if I wanted to take a look.  I went over on my lunch hour, and in addition to the Dolch Pac, they also had a table full of random video processing equipment.  An absolutely huge Sony unit, with square switches (I couldn't get a cap off to check), two ancient units with foam-and-foil switches, and the Maxine.  Since I just happened to have a switch cap removal tool with me, I saw the MX Clears and made him an offer.

I guess it pays dividends down the road to let surplus dealers know I'm interested in old and unusual keyboards.   :cool:

Offline Tarzan

• * Maker
« Reply #11401 on: Sat, 24 August 2013, 19:53:56 »

There's one on ebay right now for 40$. Jealous of both boards :(

Is the blue part on the black keys doubleshot as well btw.?

I think that's pad-printed, just pulled off a couple of keys to check.  The chyron board is pretty grungy, hoping the keycaps clean up okay, but some may need a peroxide bath.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #11402 on: Sat, 24 August 2013, 20:06:41 »
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
Kind of thin double-shots, some interesting legends, MX Clears and a Grey on the space bar.  Not too bad for $35.

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
My first actual Dolch, hardly shows any signs of use.  Pac 64.  Not real impressed by the MX Blues, but the keycaps are choice.

Two very awesome gets!

Kind of a long story...

Back when I first joined GH, I found a computer recycle place near my work.  [That's where I got my first surplus find, a black Dell AT101.]  About six months ago I asked if they ever got Dolch units in.  Turns out they did get them occasionally, in various lots of surplus equipment, so I gave them my name and email address, asked to be contacted if they got one in stock. 

So...  yesterday I got an email letting me know they had a Dolch in, if I wanted to take a look.  I went over on my lunch hour, and in addition to the Dolch Pac, they also had a table full of random video processing equipment.  An absolutely huge Sony unit, with square switches (I couldn't get a cap off to check), two ancient units with foam-and-foil switches, and the Maxine.  Since I just happened to have a switch cap removal tool with me, I saw the MX Clears and made him an offer.

I guess it pays dividends down the road to let surplus dealers know I'm interested in old and unusual keyboards.   :cool:

That is awesome!

Always be prepared I say!

Offline deSheol

• Thorpe
« Reply #11403 on: Sat, 24 August 2013, 20:10:15 »
Shiny keys!

How is the quality on those?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #11404 on: Sat, 24 August 2013, 20:41:58 »
A true Geekhacker always carries a keycap removal tool.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Tarzan

• * Maker
« Reply #11405 on: Sat, 24 August 2013, 20:54:13 »

Absolutely. 

Although I was nonplussed to find caps I couldn't remove, at least not without more force than I was comfortable exerting.  Didn't want to ruin some uber-expensive piece of gear.  Caps looked the ones on the board below.

33033-0

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #11406 on: Sat, 24 August 2013, 21:35:25 »
Why didn't you pick up the mission control center then? I thought the Maxines had blacks, or at least some I saw on ebay I am pretty sure did, also with a floppy drive in the keyboard :))

Offline inlikeflynn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • file not found
« Reply #11407 on: Sat, 24 August 2013, 21:39:18 »

Absolutely. 

Although I was nonplussed to find caps I couldn't remove, at least not without more force than I was comfortable exerting.  Didn't want to ruin some uber-expensive piece of gear.  Caps looked the ones on the board below.

(Attachment Link)
don't let halverson see this battleship or he will want to buy it!
----------- __o
--------- _`\<,_
BRAAP(>)/ (*)
************^^^^^^

Offline Tarzan

• * Maker
« Reply #11408 on: Sat, 24 August 2013, 21:42:03 »
Why didn't you pick up the mission control center then? I thought the Maxines had blacks, or at least some I saw on ebay I am pretty sure did, also with a floppy drive in the keyboard :))

When I say this thing was freaking huge, I exaggerate not.  It was on one of those six-foot folding tables, and took up most of the surface.  My avarice in this case was out-voted by my brain; I don't think I would ever have a use for the control panel.  If it's still there next week I'll take some pictures and send them to you (need to ask the guy what he's looking to get for it, too...).

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #11409 on: Sat, 24 August 2013, 21:46:57 »

When I say this thing was freaking huge, I exaggerate not.  It was on one of those six-foot folding tables, and took up most of the surface.  My avarice in this case was out-voted by my brain; I don't think I would ever have a use for the control panel.  If it's still there next week I'll take some pictures and send them to you (need to ask the guy what he's looking to get for it, too...).

That could be the ultimate game controller!

Hopefully you find some more good stuff.

Offline MTManiac

• can't is the cancer of happen
« Reply #11410 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 04:35:00 »
http://i.imm.io/1g4vx.jpeg

--
Mod edit: image with personal information has been removed and a censored version is now in place.

a million apologies to the bunny  :'(

the pic has been deleted
« Last Edit: Sun, 25 August 2013, 13:01:36 by MTManiac »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #11411 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 04:55:16 »
^ Not cool to show Bunny's address :(
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline zenuty

• WTS : Duck, Pla, Acrylic 3 Pokers
« Reply #11412 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 05:01:28 »
Qwerkeys RGB set Arrived

I was get to Qwerkeys RGB Set.
My almost keyboard used to 1.75x size right shift

I must need to 1.75x size right shift  :thumb:

So i was personal order from Qwerkeys.
Qwerkeys approved to my personal order. Im very happy !!!

I love Qwerkeys, Qwerkeys is my favorits best keycaps.
Thankyou for many help Dear Qwerkeys

33044-0

33046-1

33048-2

33050-3
« Last Edit: Sun, 25 August 2013, 05:03:27 by zenuty »
LINE ID : zenuty
Skype ID : zenuty
www.facebook.com/zenuty

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #11413 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 05:21:38 »
Nice get, zenuty! :)

I was right, too - that Fn key does look pink, not fuchsia ;)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline iAmAhab

• Established member
« Reply #11415 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 06:32:56 »
Get ready for some creepy mail!

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #11416 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 08:22:39 »
Wow, big spenders and their fancy cases.

Offline MTManiac

• can't is the cancer of happen

Offline Xenderwind

« Reply #11418 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 13:03:55 »
nvm
« Last Edit: Sun, 25 August 2013, 13:10:03 by Xenderwind »
GON NS 87 62g clears, QFR 62g clears, Pure 65g blues, HHKB Pro II

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #11419 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 13:05:04 »
was deleted, again a million apologies bunny!!!

You should delete it from your photobucket...since we all keep quoting the image that is still there

He has done.
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline Xenderwind

« Reply #11420 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 13:06:45 »
nvm I was wrong, it was still loading for me.  Tried on a diff browser and it stopped.
« Last Edit: Sun, 25 August 2013, 13:09:54 by Xenderwind »
GON NS 87 62g clears, QFR 62g clears, Pure 65g blues, HHKB Pro II

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #11421 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 13:07:38 »
He has, press F5.

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #11422 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 15:39:26 »
Got a package from Boost today and one from Feng.  Just need a 7x gray spacebar to match...:(

Now, I need to figure out how to program the 356 and all that fancy jazz.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #11423 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 15:40:18 »
Nice score, sent. Looks great.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #11424 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 15:47:51 »
Got a package from Boost today and one from Feng.  Just need a 7x gray spacebar to match...:(

Show Image

Show Image

Now, I need to figure out how to program the 356 and all that fancy jazz.

wow...congrats sent
that's my dream board and layout right there..simply wonderful

congrats!  :)

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #11425 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 15:48:17 »
Depth Black Mx clack. Hope moose likes it
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #11426 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 17:15:31 »
Nice score, sent. Looks great.

wow...congrats sent
that's my dream board and layout right there..simply wonderful

congrats!  :)

Thanks, guys. :)  Think I'm done buying boards for a while.  Actually need to get rid of some now.  :rolleyes:  I'm loving this Mini, though.  It's so nice.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #11427 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 19:18:53 »
Only the coolest mouse pad ever!

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #11428 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 20:45:32 »
Wow, I can actually make out what it is  !
I love Elzy

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #11429 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 20:52:32 »
Working Dolch Pac 63C :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #11430 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 21:06:02 »

Show Image

Nice!

Is there much shine on the keycaps?

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #11431 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 21:21:00 »

Show Image

Nice!

Not much shine at all from what I can tell. The texture on these key caps are much smoother than new double shots.

These blues feel much different than new blues that I'm used to. It's a fun box though, and it's made in the USA :o 1.2GB hard drive, boots right up.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #11432 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 21:39:13 »

Show Image

Nice!

Not much shine at all from what I can tell. The texture on these key caps are much smoother than new double shots.

These blues feel much different than new blues that I'm used to. It's a fun box though, and it's made in the USA :o 1.2GB hard drive, boots right up.

Nice get!

Sometimes it seems a shame to separate one of these into parts (if that is your plan).

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #11433 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 21:52:32 »
thanks Rowdy, yea, don't really have a plan for it yet. Just checking it out so far. The key caps on this thing are amazing, they're super thick like the GMK caps.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #11434 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 22:00:29 »
Same molds as GMK keycap, they bought all the tooling from Cherry. Those PAC have a Cherry G80-1813 inside. Those vintage blues do indeed feel different than the current.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #11435 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 22:05:25 »
Ooo, thanks for the info Ivan.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #11436 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 22:50:30 »
Big day for me today.

Upper left:  40% plate and back, to be assembled using matrix wiring - huge thanks to jdcarpe!   :thumb:
Upper right:  Hakko 808 desoldering gun.
Lower left:  GON MX-MINI housing and PCB + USB adapter.
Lower right:  JDSLabs O2 headphone amplifier PCB + front plate, accompanied by tons of components ready to be soldered onto the PCB.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #11437 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 22:52:35 »
Big day for me today.

Upper left:  40% plate and back, to be assembled using matrix wiring - huge thanks to jdcarpe!   :thumb:
Lower right:  JDSLabs O2 headphone amplifier PCB + front plate, accompanied by tons of components ready to be soldered onto the PCB.
Show Image

Well. That's a haul and a half.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #11438 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 23:10:19 »
Big day for me today.

Show Image

Mmmm the mx mini
The orange would look sexy with that charcoal ;)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #11439 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 23:22:06 »
Big day for me today.

Show Image

Mmmm the mx mini
The orange would look sexy with that charcoal ;)

I know!  I might just have to nab that set.  Stay tuned, I suppose...haha.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #11440 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 23:26:14 »
Did you get a programmer with that MX-MINI PCB?
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #11441 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 23:42:11 »
Did you get a programmer with that MX-MINI PCB?

I was told by a different purchaser that the PCB is pre-programmed.  I sure hope it is.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=44147.msg982888#msg982888

Although, I suppose it's possible that they didn't build it themselves, but instead has it assembled by GON?

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #11442 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 02:05:34 »
Got a WYSE double shot set in the mail.

33212-0

33214-1
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #11443 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 02:06:47 »
If the PCB was already preassembled then yes the firmware has already been flashed and should be preprogrammed.
I love Elzy

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #11444 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 04:30:39 »
Didn't get this in the mail as I'd preordered it and it has been made available today. Went to the shop to personally take mine...

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #11445 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 04:54:17 »
Didn't get this in the mail as I'd preordered it and it has been made available today. Went to the shop to personally take mine...
Show Image

Show Image

How much was it? (The aluminum case one)
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline Steven

• Formerly lowyatguy
« Reply #11446 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 05:07:23 »
Show Image

Show Image

Very nice !! But I always hope that it will be aluminum based as well, too bad its only for the top cover.
LF: Duck Mini V1 aka Duck Poker Case
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=49840.0
-----------------------------------------------------
KMAC Happy | Hammer Poker Titanium & Silver | Leopold FC660M | FILCO TKL White | Ducky 9008S2 Pink | Ducky 9008G2 Pro Dye Sub | Ducky YOTD

Offline SeriouSSpotS

• 60% is love, 60% is life
« Reply #11447 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 07:01:51 »
QFR - MX black   |   Poker X - Panda Clears   |   Poker 2 - MX blue

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #11448 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 07:16:02 »
How much was it? (The aluminum case one)
In my neck of the woods, hardware cost more than in most parts of the world.....something I'm always PO'ed about. Anyway, the YOTS cost about 245USD (converted from local currency).

Very nice !! But I always hope that it will be aluminum based as well, too bad its only for the top cover.
As it is, it's pretty darn heavy enough with just the top in aluminum....it looks very good actually, and the lighting effects are just the shizznizzle. :thumb:

I'm going to have to put a stop to my purchases, I still have a Leopold FC660M Clear on its way, should get it sometime next week. And I've more or less committed to a deal to get a white HHKB Pro 2.....think I'll stop after this.

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #11449 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 09:02:08 »
Only the coolest mouse pad ever!
When one facepalm s just not enough.

Big day for me today.

Show Image

What material is the 40% plate?? I need me a 40%.