Author Topic: What did you get in the mail today?  (Read 20319187 times)

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
Re: What did you get in the mail today?
« Reply #37600 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 15:59:49 »

Goodies in the mail! by Steve N, on Flickr

100x 65g Zealios, 100x Vintage Browns, and a few extra goodies. :D
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
« Reply #37601 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 16:01:05 »
Ducky YOTG edition

Show Image

Goat space bar is cracked though and it only seems to work with USB 3.0? Anyone else who got one having issues with getting it to work with USB 2.0?
Just got my YOTG in and thought you might wanna know I had no trouble using it on USB 2.0

How did you get it to work with USB 2.0? It's supposed to be set to USB 3.0 by default. I thought I pressed the keys and did everything right in the manual, but I must be missing something...

Also, do you know if there's any way to get it to do uniform RGB lighting without alternating colors?
I just connected it to a USB 2.0 port and it worked. If you mean how to have a single color it's Fn + F9 and then you can use a combination of Fn+ F5-F7 to adjust said color
Edit: or you can just hold Fn + space bar and then the keyboard lights will look like a rainbow and you click the color you want the whole thing to be
« Last Edit: Sat, 31 October 2015, 16:18:49 by Flood »

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Kerpadge

« Reply #37604 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 17:45:41 »
feature=youtube_gdata

For those that wanted a video earlier. This video also shows why using a mat with a typewriter is a must, as thing sucker slid half way across my desk with just a few lines =O
Thanks for putting this up. It's nice to see it in action. I'm not sure how I'd feel having to slow down my typing, but I still can't help wanting a typewriter.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #37605 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 17:49:07 »
This particular model has a "touch adjustment" knob that allows the user to lighten the pressure needed to make the keys strike. Personally, I hate the way that feels though, and leave it as heavy as possible. This basically requires one finger typing, but that really is how typewriters feel best to me though.
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline Pemdas

• (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ᶠᶫᵒᵃᵗᶦᶰᵍ ᶫᶦᵏᵉ ᵃ ᵇᵘᵗᵗᵉʳᶠᶫʸ
« Reply #37606 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 18:32:15 »
Feels like I've been searching for this for such a long time, finally obtained one though. Thanks to sed for the trade  :thumb:

Topre three kings
HHKB2 | Orion v2 | TGR-03 Proto | Octagon v2 | JD45 | BlackBird | Mira SE | Viper v2 | SX60 | E8-v1 | Alice | LZ GH v2 | No 1/65 | 910SE | Kyuu | LZ CLS ms | UNIKORN | PhysiX

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #37607 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 22:01:08 »
Ducky YOTG edition

Show Image

Goat space bar is cracked though and it only seems to work with USB 3.0? Anyone else who got one having issues with getting it to work with USB 2.0?
Just got my YOTG in and thought you might wanna know I had no trouble using it on USB 2.0

How did you get it to work with USB 2.0? It's supposed to be set to USB 3.0 by default. I thought I pressed the keys and did everything right in the manual, but I must be missing something...

Also, do you know if there's any way to get it to do uniform RGB lighting without alternating colors?
I just connected it to a USB 2.0 port and it worked. If you mean how to have a single color it's Fn + F9 and then you can use a combination of Fn+ F5-F7 to adjust said color
Edit: or you can just hold Fn + space bar and then the keyboard lights will look like a rainbow and you click the color you want the whole thing to be

I mean I want RGB lighting with multiple colors going on, but it seems like they're all fluctuating modes where it alternates colors instead of staying a uniform rainbow theme that never changes.
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
« Reply #37608 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 22:07:11 »
Ducky YOTG edition

Show Image

I mean I want RGB lighting with multiple colors going on, but it seems like they're all fluctuating modes where it alternates colors instead of staying a uniform rainbow theme that never changes.
Doesn't seem like it which sucks because the promo shots made it look like you could have the keyboard looking like raindrop mode with out the changing of lights

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #37609 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 23:12:39 »
Oh yea
Got this the other day :)

Offline ripwallet

« Reply #37610 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 23:53:04 »
10x Sadsters need two more to complete the top row on my pok3r w/ Deep Space >.<

Offline alexjd99

• oozing through the cells of one's own construction
« Reply #37611 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 00:14:19 »
HKP Trooper from the October Sale

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #37612 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 01:28:34 »
Not today, but I recently got this super awesome package from LivingSpeedBump consisting of one of my freakin DREAM BROS!!! Ugh. I still can't even believe it. a GIF will definitely be coming soon!

He also sent me some other amazing treasures including good tunes - Tom Waits | Orphans and a band that's new to me - The Dead Tongues (which is great!) as well as some Katzenkinder caps, GMK QMX clips, a Sadster on a ZEALIO switch tester keychain, and a beautiful poem by the man himself! The poem was lovely and was written on a typewriter! I had to take a close up of it because I loved the way some of the letters punctured the paper and let light through. I had to frame it and add it to my wall of art things! <3

omniclectic@gmail.com if you need me!

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #37613 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 01:54:30 »
Not today, but I recently got this super awesome package from LivingSpeedBump consisting of one of my freakin DREAM BROS!!! Ugh. I still can't even believe it. a GIF will definitely be coming soon!

He also sent me some other amazing treasures including good tunes - Tom Waits | Orphans and a band that's new to me - The Dead Tongues (which is great!) as well as some Katzenkinder caps, GMK QMX clips, a Sadster on a ZEALIO switch tester keychain, and a beautiful poem by the man himself! The poem was lovely and was written on a typewriter! I had to take a close up of it because I loved the way some of the letters punctured the paper and let light through. I had to frame it and add it to my wall of art things! <3

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Dayum Girl. That bro colourway is really nice. So you :P How are those noise dampeners? Have you tried them out yet?

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #37614 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 01:06:59 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

omg LSB and Boop awesome stuff guys
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #37615 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 08:10:30 »
Love these KWK blanks

Doesnt get much hotter than that!!

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #37616 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 08:18:15 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

All the package reveals a sensitive person that really want to be in touch with others, good for livingspeedbump.

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #37617 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 12:05:58 »
Got a new camera for my 6+ since mine stopped focusing.

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #37618 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 14:32:36 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Glad it was okay! Was running out of ideas of things to send you   :-X I feel silly for just now realizing that Bro is in your colors haha, so glad it went to a good home!

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #37619 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 14:35:03 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

All the package reveals a sensitive person that really want to be in touch with others, good for livingspeedbump.

Me, sensitive? Psh..

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #37620 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 15:00:12 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Me, sensitive? Psh..
Show Image

;D ;D ;D

Offline malaik0

« Reply #37621 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 15:01:05 »
thats why i come to this post, im glad to see these beautiful attitudes by some members... nice livingspeedbump  :thumb:

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #37622 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 16:19:17 »
thats why i come to this post, im glad to see these beautiful attitudes by some members... nice livingspeedbump  :thumb:

Ah, Booper's package to the Mrs. was far more epic if you scroll back a page or two  ;)

Offline malaik0

« Reply #37623 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 16:26:16 »
indeed ! love is paid with love  ;D

i love this post xD

Offline Syribo

• I like coffee and pink things.
« Reply #37624 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 18:08:22 »
Another headset of mine died... so instead of getting another for $100 and chancing it break, I just decided to use my Sennheiser HD555's and get a standalone mic. I didn't want to spend a lot of money, so I just decided to go with the Blue Snowball.

It sounds awesome, really clear. I got an arm for it, and set it up in a way that I can use it when sitting at my desk using my monitors, or when I'm laying back in bed, using my TV to game on. It swivels perfectly :D

From the desk

To the bedside woohoo. And finally have something to rest my headphones on too lol.

Ducky Shine 4        CM Storm QFR

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #37625 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 18:18:29 »
Another headset of mine died... so instead of getting another for $100 and chancing it break, I just decided to use my Sennheiser HD555's and get a standalone mic. I didn't want to spend a lot of money, so I just decided to go with the Blue Snowball.
Show Image

It sounds awesome, really clear. I got an arm for it, and set it up in a way that I can use it when sitting at my desk using my monitors, or when I'm laying back in bed, using my TV to game on. It swivels perfectly :D
Show Image

Show Image

From the desk
Show Image

To the bedside woohoo. And finally have something to rest my headphones on too lol.

Nice! I've got the Blue Yeti and it's great. I need to get me one of those arms. Where did you get it from? Has it got one of the universal screw threads on it?

Offline Syribo

• I like coffee and pink things.
« Reply #37626 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 18:28:29 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

From the desk
Show Image

Nice! I've got the Blue Yeti and it's great. I need to get me one of those arms. Where did you get it from? Has it got one of the universal screw threads on it?
I really wanted a Blue Yeti but the Snowball is less than half the price.. and I've spent so much money on keycaps, fountain pens, inks, and other random crap lately.. I had to go with the cheaper alternative haha.
The arm mount I got I believe isn't great for the Yeti, according to the reviews. Here's the one I got:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AK7SKL4
Says that it's too big or heavy for it. Luckily it holds the Snowball up fine, even though some people left reviews saying it wouldn't hold theirs.

Ducky Shine 4        CM Storm QFR

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #37627 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 18:53:30 »
I really wanted a Blue Yeti but the Snowball is less than half the price.. and I've spent so much money on keycaps, fountain pens, inks, and other random crap lately.. I had to go with the cheaper alternative haha.
The arm mount I got I believe isn't great for the Yeti, according to the reviews. Here's the one I got:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AK7SKL4
Says that it's too big or heavy for it. Luckily it holds the Snowball up fine, even though some people left reviews saying it wouldn't hold theirs.

Yeah, I just bought it a few years ago because headsets don't agree with my head. Headphones and a desk mic are much better.

Ah ok. That's annoying. I will have to keep looking for when I get my new desk this month. I'm really excited about getting an entirely new setup.

Offline Bomble

« Reply #37628 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 23:08:39 »
I got my rustler and a PS4 :D today has been a good day, other than the mountain of study that I'm currently pushing through >:D

Offline faxe

« Reply #37629 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 04:48:19 »
ISO Clueboard V2 Zealio 78g -ISO Clueboard V1 MX Clear - ISO 60% MX Clear - ISO Filco MJ 2 MX Brown - ISO is life

Offline lolpes

« Reply #37630 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 05:24:43 »
Show Image

That hapster and ocd don't go very well xD Look nice tough :)

Offline ramnes

• T fou, mec?
« Reply #37631 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 06:01:09 »
Wasn't in the mail, but I got a OnePlus X:

23h18 - photekq: hhkb with silenced realforce sliders and lubricated well is
23h18 - photekq: the best switch i've used

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #37632 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 08:19:18 »

Show Image

Damn, that's the new phone from the people who made the OnePlusOne right? How do you like it so far? I'm considering trying to grab one as an upgrade to my S5.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I got a package from LSB and all I got in it was an HHKB :(. I want a poem and QMX tops /sob. Mostly that poem though. I really have to get a type writer, the typeface is too good.
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 November 2015, 08:22:45 by CPTBadAss »

Offline quochung1989

• Vintage Cherry Collector
  • Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #37633 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 08:51:59 »
I got stuffs from techkeys:
PS2 converter & thin lube kit:

Goods from techkey
by Hung Vu, on Flickr

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #37634 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 10:56:28 »
Damn, that's the new phone from the people who made the OnePlusOne right? How do you like it so far? I'm considering trying to grab one as an upgrade to my S5.

As long as you don't buy an S6 you'll be fine.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #37635 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 11:13:43 »

Show Image

How did you get it so fast? :O I thought it wasn't shipping until November 5th! Please let me know how you like it, I am considering one as my next phone.

edit: I am guessing you went to the Paris store?
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 November 2015, 11:21:01 by byker »

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
  • on Buckling Springs since '88
    • http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com
« Reply #37636 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 11:50:54 »

Show Image

Interesting.  Had no idea such a thing existed.  Looks quite impressive!  Must cost a bomb. :(

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #37637 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 11:59:56 »
GMK Cyan  :)     I'll do a cap inspection when I get home.

Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #37638 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 12:02:30 »

Show Image

I'll hopefully get one of these as my next phone.
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 November 2015, 12:09:03 by Joey Quinn »
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline ramnes

• T fou, mec?
« Reply #37640 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 14:13:04 »
Interesting.  Had no idea such a thing existed.  Looks quite impressive!  Must cost a bomb. :(

Not really actually, I paid 270€ for it.  :)

How did you get it so fast? :O I thought it wasn't shipping until November 5th! Please let me know how you like it, I am considering one as my next phone.

edit: I am guessing you went to the Paris store?

Yep.

Yep. Not sure it would be a big upgrade from the S5 thought, you should take a look at the OnePlus 2 that was released in August if you're looking for performances.

As for how I like it, take a look at my post on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/oneplus/comments/3r78wu/oneplus_x_unboxing/

I'll hopefully get one of these as my next phone.

Cool.  :)
23h18 - photekq: hhkb with silenced realforce sliders and lubricated well is
23h18 - photekq: the best switch i've used

Offline onemegamanfan

« Reply #37641 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 14:58:50 »
Got my Gloyz cap.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #37642 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 15:34:08 »
 :eek:  :eek:  :eek:  :eek:  :eek: wha what?!

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #37643 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 15:43:18 »
Thankies, billnye ~

Electric Bluegaloo Mods are here!!!

More photos here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=70595.msg1918540#msg1918540
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 November 2015, 15:46:01 by VesperSAINT »

Offline mogo

• handshoes and horse grenades
« Reply #37644 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 15:48:59 »
:eek:  :eek:  :eek:  :eek:  :eek: wha what?!
Show Image

Can you confirm that you are pretty cool?

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #37645 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 16:14:44 »

As long as you don't buy an S6 you'll be fine.

I love my S6 , hmmmm ;)

GMK Cyan  :)     I'll do a cap inspection when I get home.

Show Image

Finally ! need picture of it on your sexy boards
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #37646 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 16:17:31 »
Thankies, billnye ~

Show Image

Electric Bluegaloo Mods are here!!!

Show Image

Show Image

More photos here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=70595.msg1918540#msg1918540

Bluegaloo is looking good.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #37647 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 16:19:42 »
Bluegaloo is looking good.

Yeah ~ The TA alphas surprising match well, and also happens my MDPC-X sleeved cable matches too! All worked out :3

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #37648 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 16:22:51 »
Big shipment arrived today.

It's like a dream come true. :)

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #37649 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 16:26:52 »
Big shipment arrived today.

It's like a dream come true. :)

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Oh **** :eek:
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More