Author Topic: I'm scared  (Read 17786 times)

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
Re: I'm scared
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 21:14:25 »
I found demik's vibrator!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #51 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 21:15:38 »
Could be a crusty old sock or something that ended up there when the bed was last made.  Got any kids?  A toy, perhaps?

Just keep a stiff upper lip until morning.

Oh, and if I was you, I would keep the light on.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #52 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 21:17:00 »
I found demik's vibrator!

impossible it's still up your g/f
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Kellybear

• (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
« Reply #53 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 21:17:26 »
I thought you gave me your vibrator. WHOSE DO I HAVE THEN?

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #54 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 21:17:50 »
Could be a crusty old sock or something that ended up there when the bed was last made.  Got any kids?  A toy, perhaps?

Just keep a stiff upper lip until morning.

Oh, and if I was you, I would keep the light on.

It's not a sock, not even I have socks that crusty... But yeah light is on... And no, no kids

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #55 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 21:18:45 »
I thought you gave me your vibrator. WHOSE DO I HAVE THEN?

YOU KNOW

maybe it's a bag full of switches?

i heard *****es love switches.

Offline 486

« Reply #56 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 21:19:24 »
No need to fear, just keep your trusty Model M near!

Offline Kellybear

• (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
« Reply #57 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 21:20:32 »
Yeah hit it with a Model M and then check.

Offline ekw808

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Ekw
« Reply #58 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 21:20:34 »
This is getting pointless, there are solutions everywhere, but this guy just refuses to listen to them. I can't stand when people do that.
[One Keyboard at a time]

My Heatware Please comment, and I will do the same =D 

Offline Kellybear

• (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
« Reply #59 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 21:21:11 »
I want to know what it is :l

Offline Surreal Killa

« Reply #60 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 21:21:24 »
If it's not moving (try poking it) then it's probably not alive. As such, it's probably some household item under there. Do you have pets (dog, cat, etc)? Because they can hide items under stuff.
You're not hardcore! (No, you're not hardcore)
Unless you live hardcore! (Unless you live hardcore)
But the legend of the rent was way hardcore!

Offline mmmty

• bang! bang!
« Reply #61 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 21:21:57 »
No need to fear, just keep your trusty Model M near!

poet in da house...
Keyboardless

Offline mmmty

• bang! bang!
« Reply #62 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 21:23:19 »
well, this is more exciting than mystery keycaps.
Keyboardless

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #63 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 21:23:38 »
This is getting pointless, there are solutions everywhere, but this guy just refuses to listen to them. I can't stand when people do that.

I'm not really looking for solutions, just looking for possible answers, I told my house mates I wouldn't mess with it (try and move it etc) till morning I don't really have anything I could hit it with anyway... Just really asking to see if anyone knew what it might be, given that it appeared apparentally while I was a work all day :/

Offline mmmty

• bang! bang!
« Reply #64 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 21:25:36 »
I think you slept on it last night and the night before.
Keyboardless

Offline 486

« Reply #65 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 21:26:20 »
I'm a poet and I didn't know it!
Baldgye, your solution is clear.
Use the Model M to your advantage. And if you don't have a model M, then beat the cr*p out of it with a logitech keyboard.
did you know, before Model M's were used as keyboards, they were used to beat burglars to death!
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 October 2012, 21:28:46 by 486 »

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #66 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 21:28:34 »
I think you slept on it last night and the night before.

It wasn't there this morning because before I got out of bed to go to work, I moved the pillow it's was under to make it comftable to play some early morning Tokyo Jungle... And it's not small so I would have noticed it then...

Offline 486

« Reply #67 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 21:30:57 »

no offense!

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #68 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 21:31:03 »
look at it in the eye while you have sex with it.

establish dominance.

Offline mmmty

• bang! bang!
« Reply #69 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 21:33:21 »
look at it in the eye and take it from behind...

486 not the only poet in the house.
Keyboardless

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #70 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 21:33:25 »
Wouldn't be something one of your house mates with a "sense of humour" has done?  Can you hear anyone giggling in the background?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
« Reply #71 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 21:35:38 »
x2 for licking it
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #72 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 21:35:52 »
Wouldn't be something one of your house mates with a "sense of humour" has done?  Can you hear anyone giggling in the background?

Probablly not... My house mates all work similar hours to me and just arnt that kind of people, there is a better way to put it but its 3:30am...

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #73 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 21:37:58 »
You said it was wrapped around the mattress - can you see how far around it goes?  Is there anything hanging out from under the sheet?

Offline 486

« Reply #74 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 21:40:16 »
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 October 2012, 21:42:47 by 486 »

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #75 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 21:40:46 »
You said it was wrapped around the mattress - can you see how far around it goes?  Is there anything hanging out from under the sheet?

It's wrapped around the top 'lip' of the matress and it goes down the side of the matres about 2 inches.. And on top it's about 4inches long and about an inch high....

I first I thought it might be a spiders nest or something like that, but it fails to really match any descriptions I could find :/

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #76 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 21:44:40 »
It's a streetlight.

Offline WRXChris

« Reply #77 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 21:47:45 »
it's probably something like this that escaped from CERN:

If I were you I'd get a crowbar and solve the problem tonight before it has a chance to latch on!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #78 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 21:49:00 »
Wow, I can't believe trolling geekhack has stooped to this. Yet, I myself find it irresistable..... more so due to my frustration with the OP than me caring what's actually under the mattress cover.

OP, you're being a d0uche, fvck you.

I hope you get cancer, or aids.

Offline mmmty

• bang! bang!
« Reply #79 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 21:52:42 »
I'm here for the entertainment value  :p
Keyboardless

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #80 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 21:52:50 »
Wow, I can't believe trolling geekhack has stooped to this. Yet, I myself find it irresistable..... more so due to my frustration with the OP than me caring what's actually under the mattress cover.

Bit strong, don't see how you can get so worked up and so angry about a problem you don't have to deal with, I never said I was going to capture it, or ask which kind of pokeball I should use to catch it, I only asked if anyone knew what it could be so I had some idea what it could be when I deal with it in the morning...

Offline ekw808

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Ekw
« Reply #81 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 22:05:06 »
Man the **** up. BEST advice all day. Might wanna start living a new life given your new found wisdom.
[One Keyboard at a time]

My Heatware Please comment, and I will do the same =D 

Offline 486

« Reply #82 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 22:13:55 »

, I never said I was going to capture it, or ask which kind of pokeball I should use to catch it,
I'd recommend using either the dusk or dark ball as they are equipped for catching night pokemon. It's most likely a Jolteon.
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 October 2012, 22:15:26 by 486 »

Offline mmmty

• bang! bang!
« Reply #83 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 22:39:14 »
I think he went to bed. Sleep tight don't let the bedbugs bite...
Keyboardless

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #84 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 22:46:01 »
I'm not asleep but there isn't much I can do at 4;44am except google stuff and after excess in googling the only thing I could find as a possibility is a serious bed-bug nest... But I'm not sure, and I have no bed-bug bites or any rashes or anything...

But I'll know for sure, or at least have an idea in a few hrs when people start waking up
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 October 2012, 22:50:45 by baldgye »

Offline Kellybear

• (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
« Reply #85 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 22:50:44 »
Seriously, you're willing to sit on the computer and google so many different possible things it could be, probably worse than what it really is, instead of just lifting up the sheets? :l

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #86 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 22:52:04 »
Seriously, you're willing to sit on the computer and google so many different possible things it could be, probably worse than what it really is, instead of just lifting up the sheets? :l

No, I'm lying in bed in a spare room on my phone...

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #87 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 22:52:33 »
^ That seems doubtful, don't bed bugs live in the springs, not make a huge nest?  And in such a short time??

It'll probably turn out to be something totally mundane, or grossly freaky.

I can't really think of anything else that would get in there, apart from something (living of inanimate) in your linen press that worked its way between the folded sheet that you did not notice last time making the bed, or something (probably living) that worked its way into that position after the bed was made.

Offline Kellybear

• (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
« Reply #88 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 22:54:16 »
Go to sleep bro D: You're in a spare room that is safe.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #89 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 22:55:13 »

Unless it followed him!!! DUN DUN DUNNNN

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #90 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 23:00:44 »

Unless it followed him!!! DUN DUN DUNNNN

It's still in my bed :/

Offline mmmty

• bang! bang!
« Reply #91 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 23:02:15 »
Don't do it!! Look at what happened to this guy...

Keyboardless

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #92 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 23:03:09 »
I read that as unless you followed him...in which case Kelly and Baldgye can have a good one:P

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
« Reply #93 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 23:41:05 »
Are you married? Maybe it's that damn mother-in-law?
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline Icarium

• I AM A MONKEY!
« Reply #94 on: Tue, 02 October 2012, 02:29:06 »
Can you take another picture with something as a scale reference?
I had a sig once but it's gone. It used to display an icon of a Kinesis. Just imagine that.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #95 on: Tue, 02 October 2012, 02:53:24 »
Seems longer than what i thought it might be now the only ideas i have are of creatures and what not.

Offline bisl

« Reply #96 on: Tue, 02 October 2012, 02:56:04 »
Now is when someone posts one of those images from 4chan with the skeleton captioned "let's wait, surely OP with deliver."

Skimming this thread was the biggest waste of three minutes I've ever acknowledged. OP you're an embarrassment to our species.

Offline bisl

« Reply #97 on: Tue, 02 October 2012, 02:59:58 »
ah, here. I found it.

op refuses to take suggestions, provides excuses about waking roommates...troll detected.

Offline 486

« Reply #98 on: Tue, 02 October 2012, 03:58:43 »

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #99 on: Tue, 02 October 2012, 04:31:02 »
Have to say, this has been an enlightening thread for me. The mystery is now over and is not as exciting or scary as I had feared/hoped, and was indeed guessed by someone on here.

It was infact a spikey rubber ball that is used in a tumble dryer to help the drying process. A process stated and completed while I was at work by my other half (who was absent last night). I do not have pics because I had to leave ASAP, and I could have lied, but didn't want to anger the angry anymore than I already have.

But I would like to thank you all, some of the posts in this thread where genuinely helpful, and the rest where largely hilarious. This was never suppose to be a troll thread but it kind of ended that way, which is kinda reassuring.