Author Topic: would u recommend this?  (Read 2092 times)

Offline wheelspk

would u recommend this?
« on: Wed, 17 October 2012, 09:36:36 »
hello,

i have a cm QRF with black switches and i have been using it over 3 months now , simply love the blacks as i have dampers on the keys now,
some days ago i had my hand on the k60  and i really liked it , especially the armrest and the cherry reds.

do u guys recommend this board??

if not , y?

and i dont care for the few rubber-doom switches mainly f and home keys as i dont ever use em.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
Re: would u recommend this?
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 17 October 2012, 09:43:10 »
Get a QFR with reds and a wrist rest

easy peasy lemon squeezy
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline Neo.X

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 17 October 2012, 09:50:44 »
If you just want to red switch, QRF red is a better and cheaper choice.

Otherwise, get a K90 instead of K60, it's a little more expensive, but it's has backlit and macro for the game.
All those keyboards will be lost in time....

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 17 October 2012, 09:54:09 »
Would say go with the QFR.  Great quality, affordable board.  Can't go wrong with a QFR...
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline wheelspk

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 17 October 2012, 09:55:38 »
Get a QFR with reds and a wrist rest

easy peasy lemon squeezy

i wish i could get the red in QFR i would love it like my GF but sadly its not avaiable in my country they only sell blacks  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: and he only choise in red is the k60 and i dont like the k90 as i dont want the light , no the mmo keys....it just looks ugly..k60 is prettier innit

Offline Neo.X

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 17 October 2012, 10:00:29 »
K60 is not all mechanical keyboard, same as K90. But I guess you knew that already.

I am using K90 at office, it's really nice. The non-mechanical key doesn't bother me much, because I seldom use them. But I also have a Filco Ninja Red at home, it does feel better than K90. :)
All those keyboards will be lost in time....

Offline ekw808

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Ekw
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 17 October 2012, 10:04:57 »
I don't think the K60 is a bad alternative, I've seen it on sale from time to time on slickdeals.net for around 65 usd, it is pretty different from most keyboards because you can see the entire keycap as well as under it off the bat almost as if the silver housing is the PCB. Another small issue is that the extra keys that it comes with wears down very easily, there were pictures in another thread where someone showed what a few months of usage looked like, and the letters looked like they were hit with sandpaper. Also I think the Fkeys are not mechanical and are rubber dome, not 100% sure.

Everyone here loves the QFR since its the cheapest option for a mech keyboard, but the branding on that is pretty ugly, I personally would not get one. It is up to your taste preference and the availability in your country, as well as how much you are willing to pay, there are many more options for red switches, but the prices will go up to around 200 and even more for rarer keyboards.
[One Keyboard at a time]

My Heatware Please comment, and I will do the same =D 

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 17 October 2012, 10:13:54 »
Maybe you look for TVS Gold with reds? It's India brand but maybe they sell it in Pakistan too? They are really cheap and are about the same quality as G80 (TVS is India division of Cherry) except the keycap.

Offline wheelspk

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 17 October 2012, 11:06:25 »
Maybe you look for TVS Gold with reds? It's India brand but maybe they sell it in Pakistan too? They are really cheap and are about the same quality as G80 (TVS is India division of Cherry) except the keycap.

nup not avaiable here either...only steel series, QRF, and blackwidow, logitech is available :(

these are the only site that sells keyboards for gaming :( sadly

http://www.shophive.com/shophive/Gaming-Keyboards-c-369.pakistan.html

http://galaxy.pk/form077.html

on the other hand i do have full set of red and brown switches which i can just put in the keyboard but im not confident enough to do that and i dont know if the keyboard will fell as it was original from the factory , if u get my point :-[
« Last Edit: Wed, 17 October 2012, 11:08:37 by wheelspk »

Offline Skull_Angel

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 17 October 2012, 16:53:15 »
I'm surprised that noone's mentioned it since it seems to be such a large problem with Corsair's K60/K90 boards, but a large portion of users report key-repeating issues. Some keys end up repeating on their own after the key has been released; so it's not that the switches are getting stuck, but something else. The cause seems to be related to the unconventional mix of switches + rubberdomes, but noone seems to know for sure.

Corsair stated that they'd have it fixed something like half a year ago when it was first brought up, but I haven't seen any progress in fixing it as of yet. Most that I've heard encounter the problem have the boards RMA'ed (some more than once) or just return them.

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 17 October 2012, 16:55:18 »
The K60's wrist rest is crap, it throws you off when typing which I found to be really annoying.

Here is my review: http://www.key-bored.net/corsair-k60/

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 17 October 2012, 16:55:20 »
I'm surprised that noone's mentioned it since it seems to be such a large problem with Corsair's K60/K90 boards, but a large portion of users report key-repeating issues. Some keys end up repeating on their own after the key has been released; so it's not that the switches are getting stuck, but something else. The cause seems to be related to the unconventional mix of switches + rubberdomes, but noone seems to know for sure.

Corsair stated that they'd have it fixed something like half a year ago when it was first brought up, but I haven't seen any progress in fixing it as of yet. Most that I've heard encounter the problem have the boards RMA'ed (some more than once) or just return them.

Yup.. iONE continues to fvck over the keyboard community...

Seriously, we gotta boycott them...

Corsair realllly should've recalled the K60 and K90 for that key sticking issue. I mean seriously,, wtffff

Offline wetto

• Brazil's Keyboard Enthusiasts Representative
    • Portuguese Mechanical Keyboard Guide
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 17 October 2012, 16:58:55 »
If you just want to red switch, QRF red is a better and cheaper choice.

Otherwise, get a K90 instead of K60, it's a little more expensive, but it's has backlit and macro for the game.

Seriously, if you ever used a Corsair mice or keyboard, you wouldn't be recommending the Corsair K90. Seriously, the macro system for their mice and keyboards is the same, and hell, it SUCKS!

I know since I have a Corsair M60 and hell...

Honestly...

Hardware = Crap, a semi-mechanical aberration with high quantity of defects.
Software = Crap, a macro system that fails badly and a profile system which NEVER works.
« Last Edit: Wed, 17 October 2012, 17:02:39 by wetto »
My collection:
More
Mice: Logitech G602, CM Storm Recon, CM Storm Spawn, Razer Naga, Ozone Radon Opto, Corsair M60, Tesoro Gandiva, CM Storm Alcor, Mionix Naos 8200.
Keyboards: Matias Secure Pro, Matias Mini Quiet Pro, custom modded Metadot Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown, Costar), CM Storm Trigger (MX Brown), Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Red), Tesoro Lobera G5NFL Supreme, CM Storm Devastator.
Soon: CM Storm Quick Fire TK (MX Brown), CM Storm Trigger Z.
Boards I don't own anymore: CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid (MX Black), Logitech K800 (Membrane), Logitech G710+ (MX Brown), Thermaltake Meka G-Unit (MX Black), Corsair K70 (MX Red).
Mice I don't own anymore: Logitech G9x MW3, Corsair M65, Logitech G700, Roccat Kone Pure.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 17 October 2012, 17:04:51 »

LOL, I recommended TVS Gold to my friend, and he said: "I don't want no curry keyboard"... The weird thing is he's an Indian (Asia-type) racist against other Indians.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 17 October 2012, 17:05:51 »
The K60's wrist rest is crap, it throws you off when typing which I found to be really annoying.

Here is my review: http://www.key-bored.net/corsair-k60/

Ah... you're only suppose to use the wrist rest for gaming...No?

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 17 October 2012, 17:07:40 »
So you have to pick the keyboard up and take the rest off every time you want to type?

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #16 on: Wed, 17 October 2012, 17:38:36 »

I like the "except the keycap" thing. Keycaps on my TVS Gold often pop out.

I don't know if TVS improved their boards since I got mine but it uses to be scary cheap.
Mine doesn't have a metal plate inside which makes the whole unit very light.
In memory of smallfry 1996-2013
Boards I own, click ->
More
Ducky x2 (9008G2 Pro PBT/MX Green and Mini MX Red), Matias x2 (QP and Mini QP Dampened ALPS), Topre RealForce x4 (87U 55g/Digilog case, 103U-UW & 104UG High-Profile x2), Filco Majestouch x2 (TKL MX Blue & V2 AI 104 MX Blue), IBM-M x2 (BS & RD), Unicomp-M x5 (BS black on black x2, BS Ivory x2, QT Ultra-Classic), Deck x4 (Legend MX Black & MX Clear, Hassium & Francium w/ MX Brown), DAS III (MX Blue), KBT Pure Pro 60% (MX Red), NMB-RT8256CW+ x2 (black space invader), XArmor U9BL-S (MX Brown) given for free to someone I hate, CM X2 (Trigger/MX Green + Storm TKL/NovaTouch), TVS GOLD (MX Blue) and a many many more (NMB, DELL, MS, ATT, KeyTronic, Etc...)

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 17 October 2012, 18:13:01 »
Yes, well they are meant to be a low cost board for that particular region. Considering they are about $40 new, they really aren't bad. The only thing I find so strange is in spite of them being a division of Cherry they have really bad oem style keycap.

Offline fuzzybaffy

« Reply #18 on: Wed, 17 October 2012, 20:10:48 »
All this talk of MX Red boards have me missing MX Reds again!!
« Last Edit: Wed, 17 October 2012, 20:12:48 by fuzzybaffy »