Author Topic: What happened to keyboardstory.com?  (Read 10129 times)

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
What happened to keyboardstory.com?
« on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 22:52:40 »
I notice the site went down.  I wonder if it's related to sherryton went missing in the last few weeks.  Was he a co-owner of keyboardstory.com?  Also I wonder why he has to make a new company why didn't he just sell the new stuff on the same site.

I've bought stuff from keyboardstory before and the service was great I wonder what happened  :confused:

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
Re: What happened to keyboardstory.com?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 23:13:38 »
It changed to originativeco.com, and Sherry's been absent as far as I can tell.
I love Elzy

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 23:15:21 »
Is Hazel still around?

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 00:31:55 »
I see that they have 62 gram springs; are they the ones that can be put in Clears switches to make ergo-clears? Also, it doesn't say how many springs come with each order :(

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 01:31:21 »
I see that they have 62 gram springs; are they the ones that can be put in Clears switches to make ergo-clears? Also, it doesn't say how many springs come with each order :(
Don't bother trying to order.  Sherryton has gone AWOL and pissed off a good amount of the community in the process.

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 01:36:37 »
Don't bother trying to order.  Sherryton has gone AWOL and pissed off a good amount of the community in the process.

All which could have been avoided had he simply communicated. But he ran away like a kid... I guess that must be because he is 19 or so.... *shrug*

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 01:40:10 »
All which could have been avoided had he simply communicated. But he ran away like a kid... I guess that must be because he is 19 or so.... *shrug*

Ugh! And I finally thought I found a decent source for springs so that I can make my ergo-clears :( Thanks for the information, doods!

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
What happened to keyboardstory.com?
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 09:21:36 »
Age has nothing to do with maturity... :|

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 09:48:04 »

Slightly wrong, I would say a 45 year old is slightly more mature than a 3 year old :P
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 09:49:45 »
Maybe physically, but not always mentally.

Offline TheQsanity

• SmallFry Lovin'
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 10:11:48 »
The guy with all the springs ran away??? And a new site.... what trickery is this?

Old people can be snakes just as young people can be saints. Not everyone grows a sense of mortality with age.
SmallFry! <3

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 10:26:57 »
The guy with all the springs ran away??? And a new site.... what trickery is this?

Old people can be snakes just as young people can be saints. Not everyone grows a sense of mortality with age.
This is true. Some people think they'll live forever, no matter how old they are. ;)

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 10:30:59 »

Do you consider yourself to be a prime example of that? lol

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 10:32:10 »

Only a kid would say that.

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 10:32:16 »

Slightly wrong, I would say a 45 year old is slightly more mature than a 3 year old :p

Just depends on the person. But this is coming from his previous actions. So I would say it's a fair assessment.

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/Ż
    • Mashby
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 10:37:16 »
KeyboardStory was his site prior to starting The Originative.  Then he ran into PayPal issues, then shipping issues and then his SSL certificate stopped working and then who knows what else, but it's been a complete fluster cluck for him.

Anyway, then he stopped communicating and now everyone is irritated/pissed. The only way he seems to respond is via e-mail (sheraton@originativeco.com) and even that is sporadic.

It's such a shame.

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 10:38:29 »
KeyboardStory was his site prior to starting The Originative.  Then he ran into PayPal issues, then shipping issues and then his SSL certificate stopped working and then who knows what else, but it's been a complete fluster cluck for him.

Anyway, then he stopped communicating and now everyone is irritated/pissed. The only way he seems to respond is via e-mail (sheraton@originativeco.com) and even that is sporadic.

It's such a shame.

People can be pretty understanding. None of those issues would have made anyone upset here if he had just kept in communication, and gave people updates. There's no excuse for his behavior.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 10:39:47 »
None at all. And stop making promises you can't keep. Don't tell me you're going to refund me tonight, then three-four days later, I'm still waiting. Communication would have saved him everything.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #18 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 10:40:25 »
Hell, people are pissed, but communication could probably save him so much if he would just do it now. Stop waiting.

Offline badcop

• thorpe thocking master race
« Reply #19 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 10:49:25 »
i actually got in touch with him through email for a gmk set.  he sent me an invoice but i dont know if should pay.... is he sending ANYTHING out at this point?
| MX Green Poker | HHKB Pro 2 White | HHKB Pro 2 Black | MX White Goldtouch TK Pad | Modded MX Red kul ES-87
| COMING SOON™ | MX Red GH60 | Ergo Clear GH60 |

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #20 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 10:50:27 »
He also said that he would have SkiData and Dolch up about a month ago.

The originative issues aren't what piss most off.  I think its the Sanctuary bull****.  He shipped the leftovers out first, while some people who participated in the GB haven't gotten their sets yet.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #21 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 11:00:01 »
i need to qualify this post, as i'm not speaking as a staff-member in the following, but as someone who's met sherry, talks with him semi-regularly and considers him a friend:

sherry is a single person that has more to do right now than he's ever had to do in his life. he's trying damned hard, but frankly speaking, he seems completely overwhelmed to me. he told me recently that he's going to be getting a huge amount of help in the near future, but right this moment, he's literally running around by himself like a chicken with his head cut off -- he has not only fulfillment of your orders to deal with at the moment and various website and payment issues but a lot of stuff behind the scenes that he doesn't publicize. as his friend, i ask on his behalf for your patience and understanding.

like i said, this is speaking ONLY as a friend of sherry's and NOT as someone who helps run geekhack. take it as you will.

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #22 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 11:01:47 »
i need to qualify this post, as i'm not speaking as a staff-member in the following, but as someone who's met sherry, talks with him semi-regularly and considers him a friend:

sherry is a single person that has more to do right now than he's ever had to do in his life. he's trying damned hard, but frankly speaking, he seems completely overwhelmed to me. he told me recently that he's going to be getting a huge amount of help in the near future, but right this moment, he's literally running around by himself like a chicken with his head cut off -- he has not only fulfillment of your orders to deal with at the moment and various website and payment issues but a lot of stuff behind the scenes that he doesn't publicize. as his friend, i ask on his behalf for your patience and understanding.

like i said, this is speaking ONLY as a friend of sherry's and NOT as someone who helps run geekhack. take it as you will.
How long did it take you to type this post, kawa? Why can't he just spend that moment himself? Heck, even less time than you because he doesn't have to qualify it as you did.

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/Ż
    • Mashby
« Reply #23 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 11:04:47 »
i actually got in touch with him through email for a gmk set.  he sent me an invoice but i dont know if should pay.... is he sending ANYTHING out at this point?

I've ordered things from him directly and had no problems.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #24 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 11:12:00 »

So I just put in my CC info on his Originative site... 2 days ago.

Are you saying I should let the charges go through, or abandon my hopes for springs...??

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #25 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 11:13:50 »
I think you have a relatively fair chance of getting them. Just with no communication and you may have to wait a very long time.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #26 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 11:22:45 »

It seems risky at the very least, besides if he has ran into backlogs for others, it is unlikely he may be able to take new orders and fulfill them on-time, unless he just ignored the previous. Not to add new problems to the old ones may be a good way to help him to put order in his current situation.

I've ordered things from him directly and had no problems.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 11:24:09 »
Unless there's a death in the family or you get something like smallpox, you go to work!

Manly.... ;D

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 11:27:06 »
I think you have a relatively fair chance of getting them. Just with no communication and you may have to wait a very long time.

well... alrite.. i'm not worried about the money, since I could always do a charge back..

but..

I don't want to do a charge-back unless I KNOW i'm being stiffed

and

I just really would like some springs....  :'(

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #29 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 11:30:00 »

Finally, someone not out on a witch hunt... I think sherry should just have taken his site down while he tries to get everything back in order. It would help alleviate at least some of the complaints.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #30 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 11:31:26 »

Finally, someone not out on a witch hunt... I think sherry should just have taken his site down while he tries to get everything back in order. It would help alleviate at least some of the complaints.

Question..

Does Sherryton's troubles have anything to do with the Korean Mafia

Offline keymaster

« Reply #31 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 11:34:13 »

Question..

Does Sherryton's troubles have anything to do with the Korean Mafia

If you're asking me, I wouldn't know. All I'm saying is that at least some of the complaints are coming from the lack of website functionality, so if he had taken it offline for the time being, it would stop the complaints about it.

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #32 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 11:35:10 »

I understand how he could be overwhelmed.  But he had to expect that could happen with all the projects he has taken on.  Just some communication would be nice you know?  If he does pull through with all of this then I will be happy and probably purchase items from him in the future.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #33 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 11:39:13 »

I understand how he could be overwhelmed.  But he had to expect that could happen with all the projects he has taken on.  Just some communication would be nice you know?  If he does pull through with all of this then I will be happy and probably purchase items from him in the future.

well I've met with a few american born Kkangpae members.. they're pretty serious people that i wouldn't want to get in trouble with, although they're not skilled in martial arts like the wiki-page says..

Probably cuz they can have guns in the US, whereas guns are hard to comeby in korea

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #34 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 12:12:56 »
Do you have any dealings going on with him, keymaster? Do you even know what is happening? Do you have hundreds on dollars in items and/or actual money in limbo for months? This isn't a witch hunt for me. I've been extremely patient with the man. I just wish he could finish one transaction at a time, completely, so we could both move on from this whole debacle.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #35 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 13:16:01 »
Do you have any dealings going on with him, keymaster? Do you even know what is happening? Do you have hundreds on dollars in items and/or actual money in limbo for months? This isn't a witch hunt for me. I've been extremely patient with the man. I just wish he could finish one transaction at a time, completely, so we could both move on from this whole debacle.

Hey esoomenona, couldn't you just do a CC charge-back?

Offline keymaster

« Reply #36 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 13:20:17 »

Hey esoomenona, couldn't you just do a CC charge-back?

Maybe he's choosing to wait for the product...if he charged it back, this could have been over already. You take the risk by allowing your money to be in "limbo" for so long. If you're so worried, then charge back your CC and go on about your life.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #37 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 13:24:04 »
hmmm..... is the money considered in LIMBO, if you have a continuous stream of credit card charges in which you never completely pay off...

as in, it's always paid on time, and no interest, but  since the stream is continuous,, the money is technically not in limbo, because as long as you always have charges that exceed whatever is "agreed" to sherryton,, you "haven't " really paid him...

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #38 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 13:24:28 »
I could probably do something. But here's the thing: I can be patient, to an extent. I've done deals with the guy before, and everything went fine. Maybe he has something going on in his life that is causing some distress. That's fine. But just say that. Say something instead of leaving me in the dark. I would prefer to have the items I bought. That's why I bought them. I want him to get on his game and refund me the amount he owes me, which isn't a great amount, but it's my money. I want him to ship me the things I want.

And I want him to be the retailer he can be. He has access to great items, and a great opportunity to do something. And he's destroying that right now. And it could all be saved with a moment of his time. The longer this goes on, the more frustrating it becomes. It's been more than a month and a half in this one deal. I honestly don't think that something like this should take nearly this long. Heck, even until a week ago, I was still patient. I wasn't in the threads, causing a witch hunt. But now you see me voicing my opinion on the matter. And that's because the time is COMPLETELY unreasonable, most especially with little to no communication.

I wish it was easier to explain how I feel. I don't even wish to never buy anything from him again at the moment, but the more time passes, the more I begin to consider whether or not I should. And then whether or not I should suggest that other people do. And then whether I should suggest that people stay clear.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #39 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 13:26:01 »
And if it matters in the context, I paid the man via Chase QuickPay, so there probably isn't anything I could do in that regard. But the details of my transaction aren't of great importance. The problem here is one very small thing: communication.

Offline badcop

« Reply #40 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 13:28:52 »
And I want him to be the retailer he can be. He has access to great items, and a great opportunity to do something.

Charge backs screw up the seller.  i've been on the "wrong" end of chargebacks and almost 100% of the time, PP or whatever service you are using, will side with the buyer and you cant do anything about it.  PP/amazon may even close the account.

Sherry has great/very desirable stuff and i think people are trying to be patient and help him be successful but its a little scary when you throw out 400 dollars for a kmac and dont hear anything back for months....
| MX Green Poker | HHKB Pro 2 White | HHKB Pro 2 Black | MX White Goldtouch TK Pad | Modded MX Red kul ES-87

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #41 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 13:30:38 »
I could probably do something. But here's the thing: I can be patient, to an extent. I've done deals with the guy before, and everything went fine. Maybe he has something going on in his life that is causing some distress. That's fine. But just say that. Say something instead of leaving me in the dark. I would prefer to have the items I bought. That's why I bought them. I want him to get on his game and refund me the amount he owes me, which isn't a great amount, but it's my money. I want him to ship me the things I want.

And I want him to be the retailer he can be. He has access to great items, and a great opportunity to do something. And he's destroying that right now. And it could all be saved with a moment of his time. The longer this goes on, the more frustrating it becomes. It's been more than a month and a half in this one deal. I honestly don't think that something like this should take nearly this long. Heck, even until a week ago, I was still patient. I wasn't in the threads, causing a witch hunt. But now you see me voicing my opinion on the matter. And that's because the time is COMPLETELY unreasonable, most especially with little to no communication.

I wish it was easier to explain how I feel. I don't even wish to never buy anything from him again at the moment, but the more time passes, the more I begin to consider whether or not I should. And then whether or not I should suggest that other people do. And then whether I should suggest that people stay clear.

:D be straight.. do you think your anxiety here is more self-applied?  You're relentlessly clinging to the hopes of getting the item, this is somewhat unhealthy.... but then opposite you, sherryton is non-communicative thus "allowing you" to remain in distress..

But, from your perspective you've discounted your own contribution to your stress level, by clinging to a low probability of deal-success.. and shifted more-of-the-blame "not all"  upon sherryton...

LOL, idk, just sayin i'd think you'd feel much better after you do a CC charge-back

Offline keymaster

« Reply #42 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 13:59:45 »

I'd probably have done the same thing, waiting all this time...but he definitely has stuff waiting for, even with all that you've described. Hopefully he gets his **** together so we can start buying some Dolch or Skidata.

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #43 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 14:27:15 »

wtf even with all the pending orders he still needs to ship out and a plethora of problems to solve, he's still doing under-the-table transactions? So basically he still accepting money to compound even more things to do, while ignoring old ones. But of course he has time to send invoice to accept more money, but no time to ship or give simple public updates. Another good business model right here [/sarcasm]. I won't bother paying the invoice. Wait until he gets his act together first before sending more money. You're not going to know how long you'll have your money or item tied up.

Sherry's problem is actually not a specific transaction to individual people, or even a whole GB, but just really general problems:

- old dealings (KMAC 1) started the bad reputation
- website problems
- payment issues
- empty words
- no communication
- pending orders to ship
- poor decision making

Offline badcop

« Reply #44 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 14:37:18 »

wtf even with all the pending orders he still needs to ship out and a plethora of problems to solve, he's still doing under-the-table transactions? So basically he still accepting money to compound even more things to do, while ignoring old ones. But of course he has time to send invoice to accept more money, but no time to ship or give simple public updates. Another good business model right here [/sarcasm]. I won't bother paying the invoice. Wait until he gets his act together first before sending more money. You're not going to know how long you'll have your money or item tied up.

Sherry's problem is actually not a specific transaction to individual people, or even a whole GB, but just really general problems:

- old dealings (KMAC 1) started the bad reputation
- website problems
- payment issues
- empty words
- no communication
- pending orders to ship
- poor decision making

i think im holding off for now and see how everything pans out.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #45 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 14:38:50 »
Pay him. Maybe he's waiting on your money so he can send it to me! :D

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #46 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 14:51:10 »
Ming the Merciless has spoken

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #47 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 16:10:12 »

It works the other way also. Older != more mature, just as younger != more mature.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #48 on: Fri, 05 April 2013, 17:19:07 »

It works the other way also. Older != more mature, just as younger != more mature.

maturity is overrated...

as long as you get a job, and pay taxes... you can be as immature as you like...

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #49 on: Sat, 06 April 2013, 01:12:32 »
Damn this really sucks.  As I really want the blue cherry double shot from him but judging by the way things are going I'll probably wait a bit or wait till another vendor carries it (as the rumour says).

It sounds the best choice for him is to close the website for the time being and finish all the current order first before accepting new ones.

:(

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden