Author Topic: GDI, Originative's maybe coming back  (Read 8426 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
GDI, Originative's maybe coming back
« on: Wed, 24 April 2013, 03:01:54 »
https://www.originativeco.com/store

I even put in the order already, now what do I do...

grrr........ >:D

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
Re: GDI, Originative's prob not coming back
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 24 April 2013, 05:58:36 »
Hello Geekhackers,

I am very sorry about my disappearance.  I have been quite busy with many family troubles.  The PayPal troubles and the Credit Card troubles also gave me a bunch of headaches.
Everything with my family is getting better, and the web-site finally works better.  There are still some issues, but they will be fixed in time.
I am posting the Ski Data set this week.  I am getting 5 new springs.  Dolch and 5 new sets are being manufactured right now.  If there are problem with your
orders, then please e-mail me at sheraton@originativeco.com.
The rest of the Sanctuary keysets arrive this week.  I have to package them myself, and I will ship the rest.  I believe there are about 10 more people that has not
received them.

If you are planning to purchase from our store, then please send me an e-mail with the Order No. as the title.  In the summary, please post the shipping address and the order.

Thanks,

Sheraton
I sure hope its coming back, or sherry is gonna be swimming in a pile of expensive keycaps.

Offline jabar

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 24 April 2013, 06:06:12 »
How long ago was that message?

If he was more open about his commercial aspirations and the whole GMK mess he'd be in a much better rep position now.
Leopold FC660C - Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 - Ducky DK9008 Shine II 78 Edition - Noppoo Choc Mini - Cherry G80-2100HDD - Cherry G80-8113HDPUS - Plu-M87 - Leopold FC700R Ergo Clears - Deck Legend Frost 105 - IBM F PC Keyboard - IBM M 122 (Lexmark) - Apple Extended Keyboard II

Phantom 7bit

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 24 April 2013, 06:07:12 »
How long ago was that message?

If he was more open about his commercial aspirations and the whole GMK mess he'd be in a much better rep position now.
That was actually just a couple of days ago.

Offline Moosecraft

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 24 April 2013, 06:11:49 »
Sure want a set of dolch caps when he gets them in :)
I am bigfatmc over at other places!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 24 April 2013, 07:05:07 »
I just don't understand why he's not here on GH,

it'd be so quick to say.. stuff's coming.. and send out a mass email to everyone who ordered said stuff.

Offline emptythecache

• out.
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 24 April 2013, 07:18:29 »
He did comment a couple days ago, he just wasn't all that specific. I think this is actually a good thing, he's doing what we asked: dealing with his outstanding orders without taking on new ones. It might take him longer than he thinks and ski data might not come out until next week or the one after, but if he can get unburied by outstanding orders he'll be better able to service us in the long run.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 24 April 2013, 07:20:51 »
He did comment a couple days ago, he just wasn't all that specific. I think this is actually a good thing, he's doing what we asked: dealing with his outstanding orders without taking on new ones. It might take him longer than he thinks and ski data might not come out until next week or the one after, but if he can get unburied by outstanding orders he'll be better able to service us in the long run.

how many outstanding are we talking here..

Offline Moosecraft

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 24 April 2013, 07:45:05 »

how many outstanding are we talking here..
Koreans...

Offline Batmann

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 24 April 2013, 07:56:12 »
Sherry looks like a busy man,
I'm impressed by the 5 sets coming, if they all from GMK and if MOQ is still 400 that makes 2000 sets for a total of 160 000$ (considering 80$ per set)
That is some commitment
I hope his business is gonna get off the ground but I can't help thinking it will need to be hell smoother

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 24 April 2013, 08:41:19 »
I'm guessing that the web designer hasn't been paid.

Offline Batmann

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 24 April 2013, 08:49:04 »
lol  :))

that's a possibility!

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 24 April 2013, 08:54:21 »

Or the web hosting company. 

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 24 April 2013, 08:55:34 »

Or the web hosting company.

Nah, HostGator would have done a re-direct to one of their pages.  ;D

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 24 April 2013, 09:01:07 »
Not surprised, their website was total ****, even after "fixing ssl".

It had items called "Do not Buy" and multiples.

I offered help for a trade, and then for free and he didn't seem to want any.

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 24 April 2013, 09:08:59 »
Not surprised, their website was total ****, even after "fixing ssl".

It had items called "Do not Buy" and multiples.

I offered help for a trade, and then for free and he didn't seem to want any.
Doesn't really matter.  He will always get sales as long as he has stuff nobody has (allegedly SkiData and Dolch)

Offline Moosecraft

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 24 April 2013, 09:38:03 »
Yes but hopefully he gets everything working smoothly, then I think he would sell the most caps out of anyone.

Offline tribade

« Reply #17 on: Wed, 24 April 2013, 10:26:47 »
Okay, noobie here so pardon what must be an often-asked question, but is originative the only way to get KMAC boards?  He seems to be the only vendor I've seen and unfortunately I've been bitten by the Korean Board Bug  :(
KMAC mini w/ blacks | Realforce 87uw 55g w/ Digil0g case | KMAC w/ blacks | Duck Viper w/ clears

"Te occidere possunt sed te edere non possunt nefas est."

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 24 April 2013, 10:40:59 »
Originativeco.com was up yesterday or the day before. He made a post yesterday detailing how he's going to be putting up new products. That probably explains the website downtime.

Offline dante

« Reply #19 on: Wed, 24 April 2013, 11:57:03 »
Why not unload all the stuff on ebay?  Sure they take their cut but it has to be much simpler than reinventing the wheel.

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
Re: Re: GDI, Originative's prob not coming back
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 24 April 2013, 11:59:50 »
Sherry looks like a busy man,
I'm impressed by the 5 sets coming, if they all from GMK and if MOQ is still 400 that makes 2000 sets for a total of 160 000$ (considering 80$ per set)
That is some commitment
I hope his business is gonna get off the ground but I can't help thinking it will need to be hell smoother

He already said he's getting a few Imsto thick PBT sets, so some of the five could very well be these.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #21 on: Wed, 24 April 2013, 13:15:48 »
Why not unload all the stuff on ebay?  Sure they take their cut but it has to be much simpler than reinventing the wheel.

Ebay fees and the fact that his paypal isn't working....
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline Tarzan

• * Maker
« Reply #22 on: Wed, 24 April 2013, 13:18:59 »

Ebay fees and the fact that his paypal isn't working....

Sounds like he's managed to replicate most of the small-business issues all at once.  Cash flow, vendor bills, shipping costs, web presence overhead, etc.

He needs someone to run his business for him. 

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #23 on: Wed, 24 April 2013, 13:19:50 »
So... It's "still going to happen" in what a month?

the springs I ordered? :D

Offline Tarzan

• * Maker
« Reply #24 on: Wed, 24 April 2013, 13:28:15 »
So... It's "still going to happen" in what a month?

the springs I ordered? :D

By the time the springs arrive you'll have forgotten what you were going to use them for.   :p

Seriously, just do what I do.  Shovel a bunch of money out via Paypal, and check the mail every day.  Stuff will roll in days, weeks, months after you ordered it, so much that you've always got six projects going at any given time.  You'll get stuff in the mail you'll have completely forgotten you'd ordered.  Kind of like Christmas, several times a year.

You've got over 3000 posts on GH alone, so I'm sure you know all of this already.

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #25 on: Wed, 24 April 2013, 13:28:34 »
I would take his words with a grain of salt right now. That update seems like an obligatory response, but I feel there is much more that he hasn't said. He announced a lot more new products, yet still backlogged with tons of issues and transactions to take care of.

Common sense would tell you to wait until he gets all old problems resolved before throwing more money at him, which will only compound his workload.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26 on: Wed, 24 April 2013, 13:36:39 »
I would take his words with a grain of salt right now. That update seems like an obligatory response, but I feel there is much more that he hasn't said. He announced a lot more new products, yet still backlogged with tons of issues and transactions to take care of.

Common sense would tell you to wait until he gets all old problems resolved before throwing more money at him, which will only compound his workload.

hm... i just checked my bills, he hasn't billed me... so... Damn it wfd, sell me "some of those springs" why don't ya..

Offline Tarzan

• * Maker
« Reply #27 on: Wed, 24 April 2013, 13:37:00 »

Excellent point, WFD.  I realized after re-reading my post that I missed one important caveat.  The shoveling of money reference?  That was meant to refer to multiple vendors/private parties, not to Sherryton.  I've got stuff on order from a Taobao agent, a box of stuff from EU eBay being collected in Berlin by a proxy buyer from DT, multiple group buys from around the US, and those are just the purchases I remember. 

Ironically, I don't think I've ever ordered from Originative.  I registered with GH shortly before Sherryton posted his web store page, and the only communication I had with him was a question from me about how many springs were included in the single price.  Never got a response, so I never ordered.   :))

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28 on: Wed, 24 April 2013, 13:39:11 »

Excellent point, WFD.  I realized after re-reading my post that I missed one important caveat.  The shoveling of money reference?  That was meant to refer to multiple vendors/private parties, not to Sherryton.  I've got stuff on order from a Taobao agent, a box of stuff from EU eBay being collected in Berlin by a proxy buyer from DT, multiple group buys from around the US, and those are just the purchases I remember. 

Ironically, I don't think I've ever ordered from Originative.  I registered with GH shortly before Sherryton posted his web store page, and the only communication I had with him was a question from me about how many springs were included in the single price.  Never got a response, so I never ordered.   :))

sigh..............

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #29 on: Thu, 25 April 2013, 01:51:04 »
hm... i just checked my bills, he hasn't billed me... so... Damn it wfd, sell me "some of those springs" why don't ya..

Oh man, did I ever tell you how great these springs are? I sport them on all my personal keyboards, as well as all the ones I build for people. Truly a must-have item.

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #30 on: Thu, 25 April 2013, 02:07:21 »

Oh man, did I ever tell you how great these springs are? I sport them on all my personal keyboards, as well as all the ones I build for people. Truly a must-have item.
:))
Which springs? 62s?
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #31 on: Thu, 25 April 2013, 02:08:43 »

:))
Which springs? 62s?

he prob has 62s as well, but i was asking him bout 65s.

I think 62 and 65 is below the just noticeble difference threshold so in terms of "feel" it would be quite impossible to tell them apart.

But if the clear switch stems were new and un-greased, it's possible that they may fail to reset promptly

Offline Tarzan

• * Maker
« Reply #32 on: Thu, 25 April 2013, 08:05:02 »

Truly.  You just haven't experienced mechanical keyboards as they were designed to work without these springs.

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #33 on: Thu, 25 April 2013, 08:06:47 »

What springs?

Offline emptythecache

• out.
« Reply #34 on: Thu, 25 April 2013, 11:49:42 »
For what its worth, I ordered springs from the site while it was up and they came maybe a week later.

Offline Dianoda

« Reply #35 on: Thu, 25 April 2013, 12:07:48 »
For what its worth, I ordered springs from the site while it was up and they came maybe a week later.

Similar story here - I ordered from sherry via PM (shortly after his paypal account went kaput) and paid w/ amazon payments.  Got my springs/stickers/cap pretty quickly, less than a week.  But after seeing what's happened w/ the sanctuary GB, well, sherry needs to take care of that before I would begin to consider ordering from him again.

Looks like the site is back up, btw.

Offline Moosecraft

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #36 on: Thu, 25 April 2013, 12:43:35 »
Well the atleast site is back up again.

Offline keymaster

« Reply #37 on: Thu, 25 April 2013, 12:45:07 »
The site is back up, but I'm not able to get past the 'Review Your Order' page.

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #38 on: Thu, 25 April 2013, 12:45:59 »

Ditto. I ordered stickers via Amazon Payments and they arrived the same week. I would happily order from him again once he gets his stuff sorted out.

Offline keymaster

« Reply #39 on: Thu, 25 April 2013, 21:31:10 »
Here's a pic of the SkiData set sherry put on his instagram:

Offline Acetrak

• ssk.ℜ
  • gnawm_
« Reply #40 on: Thu, 25 April 2013, 21:46:56 »
Looks good but the ~ and non-classic tab key might bother me ~_~

Offline funkymeeba

• CRUMPULAR
  • WEST SHINJUKU PLANTING TUNE
« Reply #41 on: Thu, 25 April 2013, 22:13:05 »
I think his terrible business practice is the part that would bother me. ;)
17:15 < vun> these are the healthiest crisps I've ever come across
17:16 < vun> mostly because I can't get the bag open

meebcats - my bad music

Offline L4yercake

« Reply #42 on: Thu, 25 April 2013, 22:56:29 »
I haven't been following this but are the SkiData made by GMK?

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
Re: Re: GDI, Originative's prob not coming back
« Reply #43 on: Thu, 25 April 2013, 23:01:45 »
I haven't been following this but are the SkiData made by GMK?

Yes
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline ekw808

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Ekw
« Reply #44 on: Thu, 25 April 2013, 23:05:37 »
Wish they would fix that tab key..
[One Keyboard at a time]

My Heatware Please comment, and I will do the same =D 

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #45 on: Thu, 25 April 2013, 23:06:21 »
haha I was just about to say something about the tab key, ekw :P

Offline Rendom

« Reply #46 on: Fri, 26 April 2013, 05:24:39 »
i'll grab some dolch when they arrive !
QFR - MX Blue

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #47 on: Fri, 26 April 2013, 14:20:23 »
i'll grab some dolch IF they arrive !
FTFY

Offline L4yercake

« Reply #48 on: Fri, 26 April 2013, 15:09:18 »
And I think I'll sell a Dolch set when the SkiData set arrives.   :p

Offline keymaster

« Reply #49 on: Fri, 26 April 2013, 15:19:26 »
..ordered some 65g springs yesterday. May the gods bless its journey from Originative to my doorstep  :))