Author Topic: Is a KMAC worth it?  (Read 11384 times)

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
Re: Is a KMAC worth it?
« Reply #100 on: Fri, 03 May 2013, 02:31:47 »
It's like still 'Murica

Poland

what are you saying.. it rains like all the time in poland and is gray... that's why they've evolved towards blue/green eyes and blond hair.

Ever been to Poland, bro?

has it stopped raining?

You actually wouldn't have to go to Poland, you just need some basic knowledge. Poland is quite close to Russia, therefore Siberia, therefore continental climate.

Although, if Chechnya is a part of Czechoslovakia...

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #101 on: Fri, 03 May 2013, 15:36:55 »
how much should someone charge to assemble a KMAC 2?
In memory of smallfry 1996-2013
Boards I own, click ->
More
Ducky x2 (9008G2 Pro PBT/MX Green and Mini MX Red), Matias x2 (QP and Mini QP Dampened ALPS), Topre RealForce x4 (87U 55g/Digilog case, 103U-UW & 104UG High-Profile x2), Filco Majestouch x2 (TKL MX Blue & V2 AI 104 MX Blue), IBM-M x2 (BS & RD), Unicomp-M x5 (BS black on black x2, BS Ivory x2, QT Ultra-Classic), Deck x4 (Legend MX Black & MX Clear, Hassium & Francium w/ MX Brown), DAS III (MX Blue), KBT Pure Pro 60% (MX Red), NMB-RT8256CW+ x2 (black space invader), XArmor U9BL-S (MX Brown) given for free to someone I hate, CM X2 (Trigger/MX Green + Storm TKL/NovaTouch), TVS GOLD (MX Blue) and a many many more (NMB, DELL, MS, ATT, KeyTronic, Etc...)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #102 on: Fri, 03 May 2013, 15:38:50 »

at least $45  including materials..

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #103 on: Fri, 03 May 2013, 15:43:38 »
Thanks - that's much lower than expected.

Is this thing real? https://www.originativeco.com/kmac-2-0

The part listing doesn't seam to include the switches. I wonder what else do I need to get a complete board.

Boards I own, click ->
More
Ducky x2 (9008G2 Pro PBT/MX Green and Mini MX Red), Matias x2 (QP and Mini QP Dampened ALPS), Topre RealForce x4 (87U 55g/Digilog case, 103U-UW & 104UG High-Profile x2), Filco Majestouch x2 (TKL MX Blue & V2 AI 104 MX Blue), IBM-M x2 (BS & RD), Unicomp-M x5 (BS black on black x2, BS Ivory x2, QT Ultra-Classic), Deck x4 (Legend MX Black & MX Clear, Hassium & Francium w/ MX Brown), DAS III (MX Blue), KBT Pure Pro 60% (MX Red), NMB-RT8256CW+ x2 (black space invader), XArmor U9BL-S (MX Brown) given for free to someone I hate, CM X2 (Trigger/MX Green + Storm TKL/NovaTouch), TVS GOLD (MX Blue) and a many many more (NMB, DELL, MS, ATT, KeyTronic, Etc...)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #104 on: Fri, 03 May 2013, 15:47:05 »

The part listing doesn't seam to include the switches. I wonder what else do I need to get a complete board.

yea it's real.. Sherryton also seems to be responding to emails again.. so it's back ontop of things, it seems.

Offline whiskerBox

Is a KMAC worth it?
« Reply #105 on: Fri, 03 May 2013, 15:50:10 »

You will need switches, stickers(if you decide to use them), stabilizers, and diodes. I might be forgetting something else too
"I'm on a mission to bring down GH's anarchy of moderators" -RIPSTER jr.

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #106 on: Fri, 03 May 2013, 15:53:58 »
I'm ready to make the jump but would like help from a fellow GHer to assemble.

Anyone around who would qualify for the circle of trust?

Boards I own, click ->
More

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #107 on: Fri, 03 May 2013, 16:00:51 »
I'll volunteer
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #108 on: Fri, 03 May 2013, 16:02:01 »

Show Image

Just source all the parts and assemble it yourself. It's not too hard:

Sherryton made it easy to get those kmac2's, although I would wait a while before getting it from him. He's very unreliable right now. I believe someone paid for their kmac2 a few months ago and haven't gotten it yet.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #109 on: Fri, 03 May 2013, 16:14:08 »

Show Image

Just source all the parts and assemble it yourself. It's not too hard:

Sherryton made it easy to get those kmac2's, although I would wait a while before getting it from him. He's very unreliable right now. I believe someone paid for their kmac2 a few months ago and haven't gotten it yet.

WFD :D

You really don't like sherry eh?

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #110 on: Fri, 03 May 2013, 16:30:38 »
Well I have my person opinion on that, but it's not relevant for this thread. What I do want to say is that is he has ****ty business practices, so I would be apprehensive to send him more money. You can take a risk and send him money now, then a few months later you're not going to know if you need to wait a few more months, get a refund, or finally have a shipped keyboard.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #111 on: Fri, 03 May 2013, 16:32:41 »
Well I have my person opinion on that, but it's not relevant for this thread. What I do want to say is that is he has ****ty business practices, so I would be apprehensive to send him more money. You can take a risk and send him money now, then a few months later you're not going to know if you need to wait a few more months, get a refund, or finally have a shipped keyboard.

aight bro.. i'm just saying, everyone's got hard times. I was too a little angry but, i mean, he may not be perfectly reliable, but at least I'm certain he's not a crook..  That on the internet is already very good :D

Offline ekw808

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Ekw
« Reply #112 on: Fri, 03 May 2013, 16:44:25 »

If anybody can provide the products he is able to provide to the community, then by all means TRY to run a better business than him, this is the internet, the only thing stopping you is yourself and probably your inability to get the same connections as Sherry who has accumulated over time by constantly trying to provide hard to find products to the rest of the community.
[One Keyboard at a time]

My Heatware Please comment, and I will do the same =D 

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #113 on: Fri, 03 May 2013, 17:04:12 »
Nowhere did I say he will outright scam you, or that he's a bad dude on a personal level. But on the BUSINESS aspect, he could use some work. When did I or anyone else say we'll try to run a better business?

So you're telling me the way he handles your money and all his other problems, are justified just because he can get hard-to-get items? It's not possible to run a smooth business AND provide these products? That's all I'm going to say about this. There can be another time and thread if this is to be further discussed.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #114 on: Fri, 03 May 2013, 17:33:07 »
Nowhere did I say he will outright scam you, or that he's a bad dude on a personal level. But on the BUSINESS aspect, he could use some work. When did I or anyone else say we'll try to run a better business?

So you're telling me the way he handles your money and all his other problems, are justified just because he can get hard-to-get items? It's not possible to run a smooth business AND provide these products? That's all I'm going to say about this. There can be another time and thread if this is to be further discussed.

WFD :D Chillax

we're not arguing with you on what's happened so far.. just saying you're being a lil hard on the guy, he's supposedly young afterall.

Offline korrelate

• iubeo stultum esse libenter
« Reply #115 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 03:17:23 »
LOL... I don't know though.... I can imagine some chicks being pretty hot just because they are highly functional.

Pneumatic, you mean?

To the tune of "Fat-Bottomed Girls,"

Pneumatic Girls you make the Brave New World go 'round.... LOL

Topre REALFORCE

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #116 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 17:27:07 »
This may already have been asked, but all the KMACs I've ever seen have had cherry stabilizers. Is this just a coincidence or is there an issue with using costar stabs on a KMAC? I would hate to dump $400+ on a board and not even get to use my preferred stabilizers on it.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #117 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 17:30:49 »
This may already have been asked, but all the KMACs I've ever seen have had cherry stabilizers. Is this just a coincidence or is there an issue with using costar stabs on a KMAC? I would hate to dump $400+ on a board and not even get to use my preferred stabilizers on it.

The plates don't support Costar stabilizers at all. You'd need a custom plate if you wanted a Costar KMAC
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #118 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 17:31:05 »

KMAC plate does not support Costar stabilizers. Nor does it support Cherry plate mount stabilizers. You must use Cherry PCB mount stabilizers.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #119 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 17:33:57 »

KMAC plate does not support Costar stabilizers. Nor does it support Cherry plate mount stabilizers. You must use Cherry PCB mount stabilizers.

To slow :P
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #120 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 17:51:55 »
Alright, thanks guys.

Offline DamienG

• DamienG
« Reply #121 on: Mon, 06 May 2013, 18:20:47 »
Is it worth it? Only you can decide that.

I tried Hashbaz's Kmac on the weekend. It was incredibly slick. Nicest Cherry I've tried but not sure how much of that was down to the case and how much down to the lube and 62g springs.

If there is a party near you try and get to see one in the flesh.

[)amien