Author Topic: Your thoughts on Protein Powder  (Read 14349 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Your thoughts on Protein Powder
« on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 14:03:26 »
So.... my estimates

Chicken Breast on sale:  ~50g protein / $1 (On sale $2.50/lb)

Opt-Nutri Protein Powder: ~39g protein / $1 (On sale $43/5lb tub)

If we add in cooking time and "all the chewing @ (minimum wage)" with chicken

VS

Add water to powder and chug.

That would seeeeem like chicken costs more than the protein powder.

Your thoughts??

Offline iAmAhab

• Established member
Re: Your thoughts on Protein Powder
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 14:11:58 »
Well, the chicken can act as a decent meal and provide a good supply of proteins. The protein powder is just a waste of money marketed at idiots.
Chicken wins.

Offline mauri

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 14:12:17 »
I usually have chicken powder for da maximum gainzzzzzzZZzzZzZ

fuark bro
I AM BABAR KING OF THE ELEPHANTS

Offline Topre

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 14:13:22 »
Chicken and other food provides more than just protein. Protein powder is great if you work out, but you still have to eat. My regular routine would be to drink two scoops of protein powder, then eat a 1/2 pound burger from a deli, or a footlong from Subways.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 14:17:19 »
Chicken and other food provides more than just protein. Protein powder is great if you work out, but you still have to eat. My regular routine would be to drink two scoops of protein powder, then eat a 1/2 pound burger from a deli, or a footlong from Subways.

Are there any other recommended protein powders besides ON?  I don't see any good information on the other brands.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 14:18:08 »
Well, the chicken can act as a decent meal and provide a good supply of proteins. The protein powder is just a waste of money marketed at idiots.
Chicken wins.

protein powder would absolutely be wasted on most people who are not actively trying to "get big"..

But this is not true if you have utility for the extra +protein

Offline Topre

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 14:22:36 »

Are there any other recommended protein powders besides ON?  I don't see any good information on the other brands.

I personally like Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey. They aren't that expensive. You also get most of what is advertise, and it gives one of the highest amount of protein per scoop. If I remember correctly, Optimum Nutrition Platinum Hydro Whey delivers the most of all brands of the protein that is advertised. It does work in a different way and does cost more though.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 14:42:30 »

I personally like Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey. They aren't that expensive. You also get most of what is advertise, and it gives one of the highest amount of protein per scoop. If I remember correctly, Optimum Nutrition Platinum Hydro Whey delivers the most of all brands of the protein that is advertised. It does work in a different way and does cost more though.

You seem quite in-the-know..

Could I get your input on Creatine.. Is it necessary for 135lbs going to 145lbs?   I only need 10lbs, and I'm done.

Offline Moosecraft

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 14:42:45 »
There was a huge article in one of Swedens biggest newspapers that protein powders is harmful to your inner organs in the long run, so I tend to stay away from it.
I am bigfatmc over at other places!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 14:43:32 »
There was a huge article in one of Swedens biggest newspapers that protein powders is harmful to your inner organs in the long run, so I tend to stay away from it.

do you remember the news org that put it out?

Offline Moosecraft

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 14:45:01 »
It's called Dagens Nyheter, their website is dn.se I think.

Offline Topre

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 15:02:06 »

Could I get your input on Creatine.. Is it necessary for 135lbs going to 145lbs?   I only need 10lbs, and I'm done.

Eat hard and you will gain 10 pounds without Creatine. I wouldn't bother with supplements. 10 pounds at 135 shouldn't be hard to gain in a month or two.

That somewhat true, but that's why it is very important to use a brand that has been thoroughly tested. Like the contaminated milk in China, there are also not so good protein powders. It's a mix of random **** to create more powder. Pure protein powder alone does not harm anything. Whey protein in general are also safer.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 15:06:50 »

hmm.. I don't see anything come up for proteintillskott search

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #13 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 15:09:38 »

Eat hard and you will gain 10 pounds without Creatine. I wouldn't bother with supplements. 10 pounds at 135 shouldn't be hard to gain in a month or two.

That somewhat true, but that's why it is very important to use a brand that has been thoroughly tested. Like the contaminated milk in China, there are also not so good protein powders. It's a mix of random **** to create more powder. Pure protein powder alone does not harm anything. Whey protein in general are also safer.

a month or 2?

So, truth be told I'm watching this weird scooby guy's workout tips, and on his site, he says that it's only possible to gain 5-10lbs of lean body mass per year for adults. (assuming you did everything right)

Offline Moosecraft

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #14 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 15:16:31 »

hmm.. I don't see anything come up for proteintillskott search
Their website have some pay only sections I believe, I read it in the physical version.

Offline Topre

« Reply #15 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 15:34:30 »

a month or 2?

So, truth be told I'm watching this weird scooby guy's workout tips, and on his site, he says that it's only possible to gain 5-10lbs of lean body mass per year for adults. (assuming you did everything right)

That really depends on what the person uses. Assuming the person use no supplements other than protein, is light, and just started working out, there is something called beginner gains. It is very possible for someone to around 5 pounds of lean mass in a month. Of course there are more factors to it. It is also very hard to gain just lean mass, you will be gaining fat as well, which is why 10 pounds in a month or two is very possible to do.

Offline JonasDK

• Let me poo on you
« Reply #16 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 15:51:02 »

I think people should remember that protein powder is made from milk, and not some kind of special fairy dust. In large amounts, and the wrong diet, all kinds of protein can be bad in the long run. I'd really like to see that article....

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #17 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 16:17:23 »

I think people should remember that protein powder is made from milk, and not some kind of special fairy dust. In large amounts, and the wrong diet, all kinds of protein can be bad in the long run. I'd really like to see that article....

yea. there's definitely some misconceptions about these powders.

There ARE kinds of powders that are more/less fairy dust..

But, there are ALSO powders that are "real protein sources" like whey made from milk.

Offline Malphas

« Reply #18 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 16:28:11 »
The supplement industry in general is a giant marketing scam. Whey is actually one of the few supplements that does have some merit, but not that much. The amount of protein actually required - even for someone purposefully trying to gain muscle - is far less than supplement companies would have you believe.

Bodybuilders, powerlifters, etc. use whey protein powder and other supplements because they're paid to through sponsorship deals, otherwise those with any sense wouldn't bother. Plenty massive guys in strength sports get by fine without them, relying instead on genetics, general calorie surplus, a gram or two of testosterone a week, and various other steroids.

Offline Topre

« Reply #19 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 17:48:20 »
The supplement industry in general is a giant marketing scam. Whey is actually one of the few supplements that does have some merit, but not that much. The amount of protein actually required - even for someone purposefully trying to gain muscle - is far less than supplement companies would have you believe.

Bodybuilders, powerlifters, etc. use whey protein powder and other supplements because they're paid to through sponsorship deals, otherwise those with any sense wouldn't bother. Plenty massive guys in strength sports get by fine without them, relying instead on genetics, general calorie surplus, a gram or two of testosterone a week, and various other steroids.

That is totally not true. Plenty professional athletes use protein powder. I can't think of anyone who is on steroids but does not use protein powder. Bodybuilders don't use protein powder only because they are sponsored. Many bodybuilders aren't even sponsored, because it's controversial to sponsor someone who is juicing. Most people also consume a bit too much protein than is necessary, which is why "protein ****s" are common. Your body can only absorb so much protein, and only absorbs part of what is consumed. It is much more important to have a proper diet and workout than to use protein powder. Protein powder and other supplements are useful if a person wants to see more gain.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #20 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 18:33:29 »

That is totally not true. Plenty professional athletes use protein powder. I can't think of anyone who is on steroids but does not use protein powder. Bodybuilders don't use protein powder only because they are sponsored. Many bodybuilders aren't even sponsored, because it's controversial to sponsor someone who is juicing. Most people also consume a bit too much protein than is necessary, which is why "protein ****s" are common. Your body can only absorb so much protein, and only absorbs part of what is consumed. It is much more important to have a proper diet and workout than to use protein powder. Protein powder and other supplements are useful if a person wants to see more gain.

Well, truth is, IDK if it'll work either, haha, but the cost to "find out" is quite trivial.

If it works, great

If it doesn't do much at all, I bought a $100 lesson in what not to do.

Offline Topre

« Reply #21 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 19:03:17 »

Well, truth is, IDK if it'll work either, haha, but the cost to "find out" is quite trivial.

If it works, great

If it doesn't do much at all, I bought a $100 lesson in what not to do.

Show Image

Protein powder and supplements aren't magic. You have to use it properly and work out if you want to see improvements. If you are looking to gain weight, don't worry about lifting heavy weights. Worry about bodybuilding. Don't try to lift as much weight as you can, but rather focus on lifting lighter things with more reps. Also focus on eating instead of supplements. Make sure you are eating often with enough calories, carbs, fats, etc. and not just drinking protein powder to gain weight.

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
« Reply #22 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 19:20:40 »
II have a friend that is a kinesiology graduate and we he told be a little about these supplements and the big line is that you must use them carefully and with a lot of moderation. The main problem with most of the powders, other than the fact that many are garbage or dangerous, is that they are ALL VERY HARD TO DIGEST because they are such a concentrate. You digestive system is not supposed to digest such concentrations so in the long run, it will damage your organs, mainly the organs that filter stuff. But he still consider that you can use some protein supplement and it can help, but you can also make a diet (diet in the sense of choosing what you eat, not in the sense to lose weight) that will have the same benefit for your training while being way more healthy.

If I had to choose chicken vs powder, I would choose chicken all the way. Also, I have seen some publicity claiming that turkey had even more protein that chicken, so you could check that out. And don't forget that it's good for your health to have a good diversity of food you eat. Many people wish there was some magic food they could eat all the time, but the truth is that it's much better to eat many different things.
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #23 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 19:23:55 »
Another thing you have to acknowledge is that protein is also often a placebo, because you are taking it (are you taking it before or after exercise? There is a whole other argument there!) before you feel as though you should be able to stretch yourself further and do so. I'm not saying the whole thing is a placebo but there is a placebo effect.
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline kurplop

• THE HERO WE DON'T DESERVE
« Reply #24 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 19:27:57 »
Take it from someone who started working out before Schwarzenegger was acting under the stage name Arnold Strong and debuted in the embarrassing disaster "Hercules in New York". Back then we didn't know about fast/slow twitch muscle, creatine or the superiority of whey protein. Imagine my disillusionment when I found out all those guys were on steroids. I was pretty naive then, I'm still a little gullible.  Here's what I discovered. Training regimens and dietary recommendations change but there will always be a shill pushing some miracle formulation promising almost unbelievable results. The body needs protein and muscles are made of the stuff but it's unlikely that your system will be able to naturally assimilate more than you can eat without protein supplements. As I remember it, amino acids are just carbohydrates with nitrogen attached to them. The body will only absorb so much protein at a time and the liver is then given the task of turning it into carbs and eliminating the nitrogen. This strain on the liver can be a cause for concern.

I'm sure my understanding is based on old science and my memory probably doesn't remember a lot of what I knew then anyways but I do know that like someone mentioned earlier you will make rapid gains early but will eventually reach a point of diminishing returns. That's when we need to realize that our genetics is what is limiting us. We will improve some but not much more and the cost is unlikely worth it.

"Eat healthy, get moderate exercise and keep all the areas of your life in balance."  I wish someone would have told me that 45 years ago. I guess they did, I just knew too much then to listen.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 21:35:45 »
Take it from someone who started working out before Schwarzenegger was acting under the stage name Arnold Strong and debuted in the embarrassing disaster "Hercules in New York". Back then we didn't know about fast/slow twitch muscle, creatine or the superiority of whey protein. Imagine my disillusionment when I found out all those guys were on steroids. I was pretty naive then, I'm still a little gullible.  Here's what I discovered. Training regimens and dietary recommendations change but there will always be a shill pushing some miracle formulation promising almost unbelievable results. The body needs protein and muscles are made of the stuff but it's unlikely that your system will be able to naturally assimilate more than you can eat without protein supplements. As I remember it, amino acids are just carbohydrates with nitrogen attached to them. The body will only absorb so much protein at a time and the liver is then given the task of turning it into carbs and eliminating the nitrogen. This strain on the liver can be a cause for concern.

I'm sure my understanding is based on old science and my memory probably doesn't remember a lot of what I knew then anyways but I do know that like someone mentioned earlier you will make rapid gains early but will eventually reach a point of diminishing returns. That's when we need to realize that our genetics is what is limiting us. We will improve some but not much more and the cost is unlikely worth it.

"Eat healthy, get moderate exercise and keep all the areas of your life in balance."  I wish someone would have told me that 45 years ago. I guess they did, I just knew too much then to listen.

So ur saying, don't take the powder?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 21:36:07 »
Another thing you have to acknowledge is that protein is also often a placebo, because you are taking it (are you taking it before or after exercise? There is a whole other argument there!) before you feel as though you should be able to stretch yourself further and do so. I'm not saying the whole thing is a placebo but there is a placebo effect.

It may very well be this. we'll never know... for sure

Offline Topre

« Reply #27 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 21:47:29 »

So ur saying, don't take the powder?
Show Image

He is saying, just eat your food and don't worry too much about supplements. If you want to take protein powder, drinking a protein shake after workouts is enough. If you want, a morning protein shake the day after your workout is fine too. You're not close to the point of diminishing returns, so don't worry about anything other than protein. You don't even need to bother with protein pancakes. The most important thing is really to get your diet down.

Offline kurplop

« Reply #28 on: Sun, 25 August 2013, 22:11:42 »
I guess I'm saying , everything in moderation.

I hope I don't come off as cynical. It could just be sour grapes because eventually I had to come to terms with my own limitations. I was not going to achieve the fame I dreamed of back then. I came to a point where I wondered at what point persistence and dedication becomes obsession and fanaticism. (none of that around here)

I think protein supplements are good if you need to boost your protein intake without increasing calories and not bad in moderation. When I was trying to bulk up, over a 5 year period I was taking in approximately 8000 calories and 450 gms. of protein daily. I don't think that was very smart. I was about 185 lbs. at under 10% body fat. If I was utilizing all that food you would think I'd continue gaining weight but I didn't.  When I stopped working out, my weight went down to 175 and stayed there for the next 20 years.  My point is, it's costly, in both time and effort, to go too far from the range your body wants to find a healthy equilibrium at. Just make sure it's worth it.

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #29 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 06:03:41 »
Why not just eat a salad?
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline mauri

« Reply #30 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 12:34:12 »

I heard salad is a great building block for muscles.
I AM BABAR KING OF THE ELEPHANTS

Offline MTManiac

• can't is the cancer of happen
« Reply #31 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 12:45:30 »
maybe I'm oversimplifying it, but I thought you took a protein shake right after (30 minute window) a workout so your body had easy access to protein to build new muscle tissue and rebuild muscle tissue you destroyed while working out

if you are taking a protein shake any other time of the day isn't that called weight watchers from the 80's?

Offline dante

« Reply #32 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 13:09:21 »

I heard salad is a great building block for muscles.

Check out the Engine 2 diet.  Basically a vegetarian cookbook developed by retired Firefighter and Triathlete Rip Esselstyn.  It cuts out all meat, eggs, and dairy.

Also check out Mac Danzig (UFC Fighter) who is on a Vegan diet.

I'm not trying to push an agenda but something tells me you don't need to cram your face full of chicken breasts and whey powder to arrive at your destination.

Offline Topre

« Reply #33 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 13:14:35 »
maybe I'm oversimplifying it, but I thought you took a protein shake right after (30 minute window) a workout so your body had easy access to protein to build new muscle tissue and rebuild muscle tissue you destroyed while working out

if you are taking a protein shake any other time of the day isn't that called weight watchers from the 80's?

That is pretty much it. Whey protein is absorbed by the body faster than any other type of protein. Optimum Nutrition Platinum Hydro Whey is absorbed by the body the fastest, but it's still not worth taking it for the normal person though. Then you are also suppose to have a protein rich meal right after the shake to deliver more protein to the body. But it won't matter how many protein shakes a person drinks if he doesn't eat enough food, they aren't going to gain much weight from shakes.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #34 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 13:33:39 »
useless, gets metabolized.

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline MTManiac

• can't is the cancer of happen
« Reply #35 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 14:00:54 »
useless, gets metabolized.
what is useless, protein powder?
how does it get metabolized, is it more or less efficient than carbs (simple or complex) or fat for energy?
is it better or worse to have it metabolized vs exercising on an empty stomach?
I'm so confused  :confused:

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #36 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 15:07:14 »
the whey and soy proteins that are eaten by most people as some kind of BEEFCAKE powder are broken down into simple sugars nearly as easily as simple sugars alone. hence, because the body doesn't really need all that much serum protein at any one time, that's generally what it does with them. liver function bloodwork will tell you if you have a serious protein deficiency, but if you don't, augmenting your diet with huge amounts of protein isn't all that great. if you need to raise your blood sugar quickly, for example, in the middle of a marathon, when your reserves are exhausted and you're literally running on what you can metabolize, go with the simple glucose gels. they are much more effective.

fat is one of the hardest things for your body to deal with, processing it requires a fair amount of exertion from your pancreas to excrete the enzyme that digests it. it's still a positive energy metabolic rx (unlike, say, celery or something else that's all water and insoluble fibers), but it's a lot more stress on your body, and isn't directly used very often. most often it's broken down slowly, then reformed into fat when your body finds out that you're a 21st century digital boy and just sit in front of the computer all day.

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #37 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 15:28:51 »
the whey and soy proteins that are eaten by most people as some kind of BEEFCAKE powder are broken down into simple sugars nearly as easily as simple sugars alone. hence, because the body doesn't really need all that much serum protein at any one time, that's generally what it does with them. liver function bloodwork will tell you if you have a serious protein deficiency, but if you don't, augmenting your diet with huge amounts of protein isn't all that great. if you need to raise your blood sugar quickly, for example, in the middle of a marathon, when your reserves are exhausted and you're literally running on what you can metabolize, go with the simple glucose gels. they are much more effective.

fat is one of the hardest things for your body to deal with, processing it requires a fair amount of exertion from your pancreas to excrete the enzyme that digests it. it's still a positive energy metabolic rx (unlike, say, celery or something else that's all water and insoluble fibers), but it's a lot more stress on your body, and isn't directly used very often. most often it's broken down slowly, then reformed into fat when your body finds out that you're a 21st century digital boy and just sit in front of the computer all day.

So.. you're saying I should stick to top ramen?

Offline Lawngahnome

« Reply #38 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 23:56:26 »
I don't like it. Makes me gassy.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #39 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 23:57:06 »
iujhmbg
« Last Edit: Tue, 27 August 2013, 00:01:08 by demik »
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #40 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 11:56:40 »

I just got my tubs. optimum nutrition whey strawberry // casein chocolate

This stuff taste terribad...

I can't believe people will eat this..

I am feeling emotionally distressed as something this awful can't possibly be good for me.

UNSURE, if it's just emotion or if I am "being-poisoned"

Is it suppose to be like medicine, where it taste bad but is good for you.. ugh....

Offline kurplop

« Reply #41 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 12:13:36 »
 You have to mix it with a liquid. :))

Offline Moosecraft

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #43 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 12:37:40 »
They don't really taste good, I use them every now and then because it's easy to take with you to the gym.

Offline Topre

« Reply #44 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 16:01:15 »

I just got my tubs. optimum nutrition whey strawberry // casein chocolate

This stuff taste terribad...

I can't believe people will eat this..

I am feeling emotionally distressed as something this awful can't possibly be good for me.

UNSURE, if it's just emotion or if I am "being-poisoned"

Is it suppose to be like medicine, where it taste bad but is good for you.. ugh....

Show Image
Show Image

Mix it with milk, it tastes a bit better with that. But holy ****, you got the worst tasting flavor. Why did you get the Casein protein though?

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #45 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 17:18:43 »
As a premed student who finished his bio series, whey protein is essentially worthless when digested, but hypothetically if you drink it, it might work but a balanced diet is the best way to go honestly
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #46 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 17:56:55 »
As a premed student who finished his bio series, whey protein is essentially worthless when digested, but hypothetically if you drink it, it might work but a balanced diet is the best way to go honestly

Hi, meiosis, Could you give some details as to how you've arrived at your conclusion?

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #47 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 18:26:32 »

Hi, meiosis, Could you give some details as to how you've arrived at your conclusion?

Show Image

Well essentially whey protein is there to supplement for an unbalanced diet where you might have deficiencies. They body cannot process the amount of whey intake normally especially if you eat a balanced diet where you get your protein from meat. So the whey protein you drink actually just comes out your butt since it isn't processed into your muscle if you can't use it fast enough. I recall there was a study where they protein couldn't even be used up as long as you had like a chicken breast a day o-o. It's probably the placebo effect where if someone drinks they whey protein it's usually correlated with them working out as well, and from there that's already a better habit.

I think liquid whey protein works though, I think ON sells something like that :P. Liquids are processed much faster and efficiently which is why you pee more in a day than poo
Keyboards:
Aripeko TKL

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #48 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 18:28:31 »

Show Image

Well essentially whey protein is there to supplement for an unbalanced diet where you might have deficiencies. They body cannot process the amount of whey intake normally especially if you eat a balanced diet where you get your protein from meat. So the whey protein you drink actually just comes out your butt since it isn't processed into your muscle if you can't use it fast enough. I recall there was a study where they protein couldn't even be used up as long as you had like a chicken breast a day o-o. It's probably the placebo effect where if someone drinks they whey protein it's usually correlated with them working out as well, and from there that's already a better habit.

I think liquid whey protein works though, I think ON sells something like that :P. Liquids are processed much faster and efficiently which is why you pee more in a day than poo

ok.. so I have to buy their "liquid" protein? and not their "powder" protein?

But it all comes in a powder..

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #49 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 18:29:24 »

Show Image

ok.. so I have to buy their "liquid" protein? and not their "powder" protein?

But it all comes in a powder..

NO ones making you, why not just eat more meat ._., it'll only help if you are not getting enough from the food you eat.. Which usually covers more than enough in MURICA
Keyboards:
Aripeko TKL