Author Topic: Where in the world is WFD?  (Read 15831 times)

Offline ItsBc

• BARACOOT
    • Portfolio
Re: Where in the world is WFD?
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 28 September 2013, 15:08:34 »
By contacting him in rl I thought you meant you were going to his place

Offline ItsBc

• BARACOOT
    • Portfolio
« Reply #51 on: Sat, 28 September 2013, 16:23:19 »
after some internet detective work I was able to contact his mother(i think?), I gave her my information and she said that he or she will call me back.

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #52 on: Sat, 28 September 2013, 16:24:35 »
This thread is getting creepy...

Offline ItsBc

• BARACOOT
    • Portfolio
« Reply #53 on: Sat, 28 September 2013, 16:30:29 »

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #54 on: Sat, 28 September 2013, 16:31:47 »
good luck kyle  :)) :))

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #55 on: Sat, 28 September 2013, 16:33:23 »
after some internet detective work I was able to contact his mother(i think?), I gave her my information and she said that he or she will call me back.

So that confirms he is alright! Phew!

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #56 on: Sat, 28 September 2013, 16:34:49 »

Yeah, that's good news, phew!
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #57 on: Sat, 28 September 2013, 16:51:00 »

Yeah, that's good news, phew!

dude,, his mom probably thinks WFD is in trouble with some keyboard gang now.... Uhh. ohh.. HAHAHAAHA

on the run'''

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #58 on: Sat, 28 September 2013, 16:52:16 »
Did you tell his mom? :|
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #59 on: Sat, 28 September 2013, 17:27:04 »
We should be glad that he's fine and he has a good rep so I'm sure he will drop in when he has something for everyone.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #60 on: Sat, 28 September 2013, 17:41:45 »
We should be glad that he's fine and he has a good rep so I'm sure he will drop in when he has something for everyone.

well we don't know if he's alright.. we're only slightly sure that he's alive....

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #61 on: Sat, 28 September 2013, 19:00:55 »
if his mother didn't say anything about him being seriously injured or worse than i think we can be assured that he's OK. i suspect he's in a deadline crunch then. much better than being in serious physical danger. phew! that's a relief.

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #62 on: Sat, 28 September 2013, 19:07:07 »
if his mother didn't say anything about him being seriously injured or worse than i think we can be assured that he's OK. i suspect he's in a deadline crunch then. much better than being in serious physical danger. phew! that's a relief.

Exactly how I processed the news.

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
« Reply #63 on: Sat, 28 September 2013, 19:08:15 »
Unless he screwed up a mafia guy keyboard?  :eek:

Hehe, just glad he's prob ok  ;D
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #64 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 02:02:31 »
Would you necessarily give personal information about your son to some random stranger who called?

Unless his mother knew the person calling too.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #65 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 02:39:56 »
i'm fine leaving it here for now. i'm 99% sure he's ok and about as healthy as a grad student can be ;)

if at any point we become really worried, i know some folks at UCR who can make contact and make sure he's ok.

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #66 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 08:19:27 »
Hi guys, just dropping a quick message to let you know that I’m ok, but been hammered with work for the past month. I have a normal full time job, but also work part time helping the family business until we can hire some competent employees. It may be another week or two, but rest assured that I’m not ditching any online hobbies. I’m not the type of person to scam anyone or just run away, especially when too many people know who I am across several forums. Just for the time being, all of my leisure time has been taken up by a second job. I do apologize for the lack of communication or if this situation has affected you.

PS - I finished grad school and working now. Also for the person that called, good detective work, but that is a work number (not my house nor my cell). The person that picked up was an Asian lady with an accent, but was not my mother  ^-^ . She left me a note, which lead me to this update.

Offline jalaj

« Reply #67 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 08:27:56 »
serious detective work, borderline stalking

Offline JPG

« Reply #68 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 08:29:00 »
Hi guys, just dropping a quick message to let you know that I’m ok, but been hammered with work for the past month. I have a normal full time job, but also work part time helping the family business until we can hire some competent employees. It may be another week or two, but rest assured that I’m not ditching any online hobbies. I’m not the type of person to scam anyone or just run away, especially when too many people know who I am across several forums. Just for the time being, all of my leisure time has been taken up by a second job. I do apologize for the lack of communication or if this situation has affected you.

PS - I finished grad school and working now. Also for the person that called, good detective work, but that is a work number (not my house nor my cell). The person that picked up was an Asian lady with an accent, but was not my mother  ^-^ . She left me a note, which lead me to this update.

Glad to see all is ok, I am pretty sure a few people have been a little scared of another tragedy!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #69 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 08:33:28 »
Glad to know all is well. Good on you finishing grad school.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline pixel5

• pixel5
« Reply #70 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 08:34:29 »

We just wanted to make sure you were alright. Thanks for the update. Hope all goes well!
Poker II

Quickfire Rapid
BUY MY CRAP

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #71 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 09:05:55 »
I just took a deep breath. And we weren't worried you scammed us, just worried something unfortunate might have happened.
« Last Edit: Mon, 30 September 2013, 12:52:54 by MOZ »

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #72 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 09:31:36 »
When are you going to ship the remaining Phantom orders?

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #73 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 09:51:34 »

congrats!!!! ps, we still need to meet up

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #74 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 10:01:48 »
serious detective work, borderline stalking

At Geekhack, we expect no less.

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #75 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 12:03:05 »
great to hear he is ok

I think your confusing wfd with bavman, wfd completed the plates long ago and bavman is sitting on them.
« Last Edit: Sun, 29 September 2013, 12:04:59 by Glod »

Offline ItsBc

• BARACOOT
    • Portfolio
« Reply #76 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 13:33:19 »

I knew the number I was calling ^^ it was just the closest thing I could find to you without ringing your neighbors. lol

glad you're ok, hope it isn't too long before you can ship my project. :) dat dolch needs a home

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #77 on: Sun, 29 September 2013, 13:36:02 »
great to hear he is ok

I think your confusing wfd with bavman, wfd completed the plates long ago and bavman is sitting on them.

You are right!

Offline TLSC.wipeOut

• "Who dares, wins"
« Reply #78 on: Mon, 30 September 2013, 08:17:20 »

Thank God you're ok WFD! =) really happy to hear from you! and congratulations on completing Grad school!
OTD 456GT with Lubricated 68g Gold Spring MX Clears and GMK Dolch Keycap set

WTB: KMAC2 kit

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #79 on: Mon, 30 September 2013, 09:31:02 »

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #80 on: Mon, 30 September 2013, 12:53:35 »
I can thank auto-correct for that.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #81 on: Mon, 30 September 2013, 16:03:56 »
ITTIL dont deal with geekhackers
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline JPG

« Reply #82 on: Mon, 30 September 2013, 16:04:58 »

Yea else you don't know what could happen to your keyboard's legs!  :eek:

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #83 on: Mon, 30 September 2013, 16:38:26 »
qftt demik stood me up
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline ItsBc

• BARACOOT
    • Portfolio
« Reply #84 on: Wed, 09 October 2013, 17:40:44 »
all my keyboard needed was some pink LEDs, was da hold up??

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #85 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 01:30:53 »
Can you arrange someone to go to his place, pickup your keyboard and the GH60 Rev B PCB?

Offline ItsBc

• BARACOOT
    • Portfolio
« Reply #86 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 09:11:54 »
My girlfriend can go do all of that, but I don't want her to waste an hour of her time if he isn't going to be there. It's difficult to get in contact with him. I'll try to get in touch with him later today, the same same way I did a couple weeks ago.

We'll see

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #87 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 14:59:20 »
Thanks a ton

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #88 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 16:59:56 »
I would not plan anything like this without talking to jdcarpe and tjcaustin, they have both said that they are working things out.  Lets not jump the gun here guys.  Let them handle it.

Offline ItsBc

• BARACOOT
    • Portfolio
« Reply #89 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 17:54:59 »
ehhh, this guy has $$ of mine and others. not really jumping the gun when this has been a problem for months.
anywho, I called the number again and I got the same lady as last time.

this time she pretended I had the wrong phone number. gg

edit: I even noticed they took their phone # off their business page.
« Last Edit: Thu, 10 October 2013, 17:57:37 by ItsBc »

Offline keymaster

« Reply #90 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 18:22:03 »
ehhh, this guy has $$ of mine and others. not really jumping the gun when this has been a problem for months.

That's probably because you're being a bit creepy.

Offline ItsBc

• BARACOOT
    • Portfolio
« Reply #91 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 18:37:46 »
searching for someone who has something valuable of yours, and following leads is not creepy.
don't be so self conscious

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #92 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 18:55:01 »

That's because you're being a bit creepy.

FTFY
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline ItsBc

• BARACOOT
    • Portfolio
« Reply #93 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 20:25:17 »
I speak to other people in a respectful manner, and it's a simple phone call that ends with 'thanks anyway, have a good one.'
It might seem creepy to someone who is uncomfortable speaking to strangers? that's the only conclusion I can come up with.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #94 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 20:30:53 »
I would not plan anything like this without talking to jdcarpe and tjcaustin, they have both said that they are working things out.  Lets not jump the gun here guys.  Let them handle it.

+1

WFD checked in like a week ago, I'm sure if he needed help he would have asked for it.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline ItsBc

• BARACOOT
    • Portfolio
« Reply #95 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 20:39:30 »
are they working things out for other people's things? I know of at least 2 others who have keyboards with him.

Offline keymaster

« Reply #96 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 20:52:51 »
I speak to other people in a respectful manner, and it's a simple phone call that ends with 'thanks anyway, have a good one.'
It might seem creepy to someone who is uncomfortable speaking to strangers? that's the only conclusion I can come up with.

No, it's creepy because you're hunting him down like a loan shark.

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #97 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 21:08:00 »
Seriously let tj and jd handle this bro.

Offline ItsBc

• BARACOOT
    • Portfolio
« Reply #98 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 21:41:04 »
tj and jd are going to recover things? lol
i'm not talking about a GH60 here

No, it's creepy because you're hunting him down like a loan shark.

googling someone's name and dialing their # is equivalent to hunting someone down like a loan shark? you're an idiot lol

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #99 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 21:42:34 »
going to have to go with creepy also
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.