Author Topic: Made meme to show the highlight of my day.  (Read 10500 times)

Offline dragonxx21

Made meme to show the highlight of my day.
« on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 17:51:36 »

Feels bad.
Keyboards Owned:

Realforce Topre 91 Key JIS Profile - Main
CM Quickfire Rapid Blue Switches
IBM Model M in Industrial Shell

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: Made meme to show the highlight of my day.
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 17:57:26 »
so which one are you?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 17:59:03 »
so which one are you?

Plot twist: He's the bus

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 17:59:57 »
The cute girl said hi to a Mormon missionary, ... what is the punch line?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline dragonxx21

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 18:04:06 »
I was sitting at the bus stop just waiting for my bus. There were these two girls walking over to the bus stop and I noticed one of them was smiling and looking at me. She came over and she said hi and started talking to me. I noticed that she was wearing like a "Jesus saved me" pin I got pretty worried. There was an excruciating 3-4 minutes of things such as "I'm a mormon missionary, have you ever seen a missionary?" "so, are you practicing any religions?" "what makes your day so good?" and "do you know about mormons?", the bus came and I hopped on immediately.
Keyboards Owned:

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 18:06:35 »
I was sitting at the bus stop just waiting for my bus. There were these two girls walking over to the bus stop and I noticed one of them was smiling and looking at me. She came over and she said hi and started talking to me. I noticed that she was wearing like a "Jesus saved me" pin I got pretty worried. There was an excruciating 3-4 minutes of things such as "I'm a mormon missionary, have you ever seen a missionary?" "so, are you practicing any religions?" "what makes your day so good?" and "do you know about mormons?", the bus came and I hopped on immediately.

soooo...you get her number? ;)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 18:08:27 »

Er, ok, how was this the highlight of your day?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline dragonxx21

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 18:12:57 »

soooo...you get her number? ;)

No, I didn't want it by the end of it.

Er, ok, how was this the highlight of your day?

I didn't do much today and it was an interesting thing that happened to me.
Keyboards Owned:

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 18:13:04 »
So... I guess you had a really terrible day then?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 18:14:27 »
Well some guys considering talking to any girl a good day.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 18:21:27 »
Well some guys considering talking to any girl a good day.

She came back to my table and asked if there was anything else she could get me. So I guess you can say things are getting pretty serious.

Offline dragonxx21

« Reply #12 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 18:40:09 »
So... I guess you had a really terrible day then?
Well, this was coming back from a Christmas party, it was a pretty meh day.
Keyboards Owned:

Offline C5Allroad

• Formerly HUNTERANGEL121
  • Watch out, I post when half asleep.
« Reply #13 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 18:51:31 »
So when she says hi, it makes your day? I wonder what would getting the digits do to you.

Offline dragonxx21

« Reply #14 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 19:01:59 »
So when she says hi, it makes your day? I wonder what would getting the digits do to you.
:| People don't seem to realize that highlight isn't necessarily in a positive context.
Keyboards Owned:

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #15 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 19:10:28 »
Meme's? This isn't reddit, son.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #16 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 19:16:56 »
This thread not self-locked yet?

Not sure it is going in the intended direction ...

Offline 127001

« Reply #17 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 19:26:52 »
Sounds like someone didn't bring their "A" game... religious girls are freaky  ;)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #18 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 19:39:31 »
Sounds like someone didn't bring their "A" game... religious girls are freaky  ;)

I concur 100%  !!

Here's how Tp4 would've handled the situation

Girl: Hey how u doing?

Tp4: U are way too cute to just start talking to strangers, how can I help you

Girl: Haha, do you have a moment

Tp4: Sure, we're in it now

Girl: // Jesus//  how do you feel about death//

Tp4: So, If were to proposition you for sex.. that would really piss you off....

Girl:  // agasp

Me:  Not gonna lie, I'm into some weird stuff.. a little rope, leather rope, ur hands behind your back, a gag, a blindfold.. all the while, marriage and contract before the lord is the last thing on my mind.

And we go from here.. usually works..

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #19 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 19:40:02 »

No means yes, and yes means butt stuff

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #20 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 20:10:10 »

they are usually pretty good about leaving you alone if you tell them you're not interested. did you tell her you weren't interested?
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline dragonxx21

« Reply #21 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 20:24:39 »

they are usually pretty good about leaving you alone if you tell them you're not interested. did you tell her you weren't interested?

Yeah. A solid "I'm already practicing and not interested in converting".
Keyboards Owned:

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #22 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 20:30:58 »
and she didn't leave you alone?

well, you did mention she has a jesus saved me sticker. usually the ones that grew up in the religion tend to be more understanding when you tell them no.

it's those born again that are just annoying as hell.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #23 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 20:49:23 »

well, you did mention she has a jesus saved me sticker. usually the ones that grew up in the religion tend to be more understanding when you tell them no.

they're also more down to sin and get freaky...

Offline dragonxx21

« Reply #24 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 23:03:27 »

Yeah. She mentioned something about "seeing the light". I honestly just stopped paying attention after like ten seconds of conversation.
Keyboards Owned:

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #25 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 23:18:18 »
only experience I've had with religious people is there was a guy standing at the crosswalk at school handing out bibles...

Offline iri

« Reply #26 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 00:50:17 »
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #27 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 07:02:51 »
only experience I've had with religious people is there was a guy standing at the crosswalk at school handing out bibles...

and......

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #28 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 07:26:16 »

and......

The guy turned one bible into a thousand fish and fed the entire community

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #29 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 07:30:49 »

and......

But where the fish fried? And did they also have hushpuppies?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #30 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 13:01:21 »

and......

how did he manage this...

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #31 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 13:17:51 »

and......

how did he manage this...

That's nothin'. Watched a dude crawl out of his own grave and eat two whole people before he was full.

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #32 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 13:49:23 »

Inability to spell? This isn't facebook, child.
Quickfire TK MX Blue Corsair K60 MX Red Ducky Shine 3 Yellow TKL MX Blue Leopold FC660C
Current best: 162 wpm.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #33 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 14:44:52 »

Conflation of punctuation convention with spelling error?  This isn't Internet, slugger.

Oh wait, yes it is.  Carry on.

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #34 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 14:48:44 »

Conflation of punctuation convention with spelling error?  This isn't Internet, slugger.

Moderators getting butthurt and following members to snipe at them. I actually can't think of anywhere except the righteous domain of hashbaz where that happens.
Quickfire TK MX Blue Corsair K60 MX Red Ducky Shine 3 Yellow TKL MX Blue Leopold FC660C

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #35 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 14:49:47 »

INABILITY TO KEEP CALM?!? THIS ISN'T A SNARKY OVER USED POSTER, CHAMP

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #36 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 14:52:31 »

Moderators getting butthurt and following members to snipe at them. I actually can't think of anywhere except the righteous domain of hashbaz where that happens.

Passive aggression and inability to take own medicine?  We must be on Linkbane's myspace.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #37 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 14:57:14 »

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #38 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 15:00:06 »

Kids thinking they're so important that people are following them?  This isn't reddit, toddler.

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #39 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 15:00:40 »
I remember this one guy beat someone pretty badly when I lived in philly.

When he beat someone again, the cops were able to stop him before it got too bad because they decided to watch after the troublemaker.

:| Hashbaz is much cooler than a cop, and Linkbane stop acting a victim, plz..  He just followed up with a post to make sure stuff kept in check.
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #40 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 15:02:41 »
Back on topic:

Offline osi

« Reply #41 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 15:03:51 »
Back on topic:

HAHA, I've seen this. Completely unexpected

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #42 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 16:18:24 »

Kids thinking they're so important that people are following them?  This isn't reddit, toddler.

Having a mod who can't be impartial is a problem in and of itself. Cut the high-handed approach, and don't post anything if you're just going to involve yourself in some spat because you want to support an old member.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #43 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 16:21:32 »

Having a mod who can't be impartial is a problem in and of itself. Cut the high-handed approach, and don't post anything if you're just going to involve yourself in some spat because you want to support an old member.

Mods are people too - they have their own opinions.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #44 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 16:26:57 »

Sorry, what is it you think happened here?  I continued a chain of posts, then you got butthurt.

humorous response

humorous response

humorous response

whiny accusation

Offline Alessandro

• * Vendor
  • The Price Is Right
    • Alessandro's Sweet Shop
« Reply #45 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 16:30:09 »
Dramahack is right, TJ...
KBC Poker | MX Reds | Beige Doubleshots
Goldtouch 10Key Pad | MX Browns | Beige Doubleshots
IBM Model M-122 Terminal (Bolt modded) | Buckling Springs | Beige Dyesubs

Alessandro's Sweet Shop- "I never said they were art."

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #46 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 16:32:38 »

Translated from drama -

"QQ I'm too big a baby to take a joke"

I'll remember that you're my handler and that I can only do what you...no wait, you're literally nothing to me, sooo stfu.  You keep trying to type fast without bottoming out since clearly you can't tell what a joke is.

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #47 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 16:38:00 »
....because you want to support an old member.

How else am I supposed to cross the road without the support of younger members?  Where is your sense of civic duty???
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
    • All your base are belong to us!
« Reply #48 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 16:59:39 »

+1

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #49 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 17:20:52 »

+1

:eek: