Author Topic: Be careful, member AvJaB is scam  (Read 18604 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: Be careful, member AvJaB is scam
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 09:52:54 »
What the hell :)) ---------------------> http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=53640.0

:)) . Him is scammer . :p

Sorry pointless comments like this need to be removed. You're not contributing anything here. I also respect the OP feels he's been scammed and if he has then fair I'll admit I was wrong about Jack, but you guys posting his real info is pretty ****ty.

Okay . I'm out but pls call him reply right now . If him don't reply here . I and some people will call him is scammer !

Yes I respect that, but simply posting "him is scammer". It's not productive at all. It's also pretty bad to just judge, I respect the evidence looks pretty bad against him and even I have a tiny bit of doubt btu he's still a good friend of mine and I'll talk to him.

Even scammers don't scam- all-the-time.. and even scammers have friends...

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #51 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 09:57:02 »
What the hell :)) ---------------------> http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=53640.0

Sorry pointless comments like this need to be removed. You're not contributing anything here. I also respect the OP feels he's been scammed and if he has then fair I'll admit I was wrong about Jack, but you guys posting his real info is pretty ****ty.

Okay . I'm out but pls call him reply right now . If him don't reply here . I and some people will call him is scammer !

Yes I respect that, but simply posting "him is scammer". It's not productive at all. It's also pretty bad to just judge, I respect the evidence looks pretty bad against him and even I have a tiny bit of doubt btu he's still a good friend of mine and I'll talk to him.

Show Image

Shots Fired!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #52 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 09:59:35 »

Show Image

Shots Fired!

No?  I'm not accusing anyone.. but merely indicating that SUCH scenario, is a possibility.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #53 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 09:59:53 »

Show Image

Shots Fired!

No?  I'm not accusing anyone.. but merely indicating that SUCH scenario, is a possibility.

Ok...nevermind then, carry on.

Offline tmk1207

• Yêu Màu Tím
    • Vietnam Mechanical Keyboard Club <3
« Reply #54 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 10:01:31 »

Okay . You should talk with him . And him is best friend for you NOT for all .

/* sr my english very bad :D

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #55 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 10:59:21 »
GH has a long memory, people don't generally come back after they've scammed someone. And posting people's info on GH is the last thing the mods would ever approve of, they'd be opening themselves up to all sorts of legal dramas.

What legal dramas?

It could be construed as defamation of character. It might be true but if all you have is hearsay you're gonna have a rough time in court.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #56 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 11:41:04 »
Damn sorry to hear about this... :(

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #57 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 11:45:21 »
GH has a long memory, people don't generally come back after they've scammed someone. And posting people's info on GH is the last thing the mods would ever approve of, they'd be opening themselves up to all sorts of legal dramas.

What legal dramas?

It could be construed as defamation of character. It might be true but if all you have is hearsay you're gonna have a rough time in court.

Taking to the extreme a little, it was more of a suggestion, you could name the thread anything and have posts relating to dealigs with said poster. If this case for example is never resolved you would win hands down in any court in the UK or US (were I assume these servers are located) as you've not been slanderous all you have done is presented the facts and offered the accused a chance to respond to the claims.

It wouldn't even be a lot of work, just something that would go towards helping people out who get ****ed aswel as detering people considering scamming people in the future.

For example, the person who made the fake clacks and sold them... What's stopping him from (via a proxy) setting up a new account and doing the same thing again... How would you know it was the same guy?
I'm not trying to say it woul stamp out and prevent all scamming but it would help people as there is almost no way to 'validate' any user unless you've traded previously lol

Offline Morwrath

« Reply #58 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 12:02:48 »
****ing hate scammers, how can you even tell us to not call him a scammer with all that evidence? xD
Ducky Mini w/ white LEDs [Browns]

WTB SLUSHY RED CC/BROBOT!!
Got 3D and Hack Orange for trade, both MX.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #59 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 12:04:15 »
****ing hate scammers, how can you even tell us to not call him a scammer with all that evidence? xD

well.... yea.. in this case.. he's pretty much a solid scammer.

Offline foxer

• Formerly wadeu
« Reply #60 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 12:47:48 »
If it's anygood, I could scrape a few keycaps together and post them out to you? Don't expect them to be Clacks and ****, I won't lie, they're definitely not worth anything but just a thought.
Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.

Offline joneslee85

• HHKB Scrub JP
  • Professional Rubyist programmer!
    • Ruby Journal
« Reply #61 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 21:40:02 »
I would vote to ban this AvJab forever

FYI, he also posted on DT selling the same keyboard http://deskthority.net/marketplace-f11/fs-poker-x-hybrid-of-mx-blues-and-mx-whites-t7271.html
TOO MANY KEYBOARDS THAT I COULD NOT COUNT! BUT I AM STILL USING MY MODEL F77

Offline phoenix1234

« Reply #62 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 22:02:44 »
FYI,
On DT, he posted a thread to link to ebay as he claimed it is his ebay :
51782-0
http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/i3ig-jack
As his friend called him Jack here: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=53700.msg1199599#msg1199599
Very likely, his alias is Jack (or ebay alias i3ig-jack => Big Jack?)
If this is really his ebay, I hope he is not going to sell the keyboard on it
I hope Jack will come here to have explanation to us  ;D
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 January 2014, 22:05:26 by phoenix1234 »
I like linear switches

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #63 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 22:09:07 »
This is horrible, it hurts to see stuff like this.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #64 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 22:14:27 »

your friend is a *****
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #65 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 22:15:06 »
This guys tried to sell for $210 on GH and for $130 on DT? What was he even thinking, not like he scammed a member of these forums. Damn, the nerve of this dude...
This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before.

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #66 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 22:18:48 »
This guys tried to sell for $210 on GH and for $130 on DT? What was he even thinking, not like he scammed a member of these forums. Damn, the nerve of this dude...
Maybe getting desperate to get rid of it?

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #67 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 22:21:40 »

your friend is a *****

Lets blame on CC, skull is why this happened
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #68 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 22:23:00 »

your friend is a *****

No, not really. AvJaB is such an irresponsible idiot. But if you want to blame CC, send him a PM. I'm sure he'll get a chuckle out of it.

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #69 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 22:27:11 »

your friend is a *****

No, not really. AvJaB is such an irresponsible idiot. But if you want to blame CC, send him a PM. I'm sure he'll get a chuckle out of it.
Didn't expect you to take it serious :))
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #70 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 22:28:19 »
Life is very serious!

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #71 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 22:38:14 »
Life is very serious!

Livin' that Clack life, baby.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #72 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 23:33:14 »
Life is very serious!

Livin' that Clack life, baby.

"Oooh I begged, I begged, Easy on my clacks, they're fragile as eggs."
sell out and eat ass

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #73 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 23:42:21 »
I have your back, posted in his thread on DT.

Offline tmk1207

• Yêu Màu Tím
« Reply #74 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 23:42:37 »

your friend is a *****

**** = sh1t . Right :))

/* j/k =)) .

---------------

@Blusey : Have you talked to him yet ? .

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #75 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 23:50:16 »
^: more like "douche"
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 January 2014, 23:51:49 by bazh »
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline tmk1207

• Yêu Màu Tím
« Reply #76 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 23:54:15 »
^: more like "douche"

What is this mean ? . Hmm, i think Double . Right ^^

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #77 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 00:06:56 »

your friend is a *****

**** = sh1t . Right :))

/* j/k =)) .

---------------

@Blusey : Have you talked to him yet ? .

you know u can uncensor words in the settings...

Offline smknjoe

• I like tactile, clicky, switches.
« Reply #78 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 00:08:35 »
I don't see anything wrong with a "Wall of Shame" thread. No need for real names or addresses, but screen names and other aliases will do just fine. I've personally had a little trouble with one member here that started all the way back in July of last year. I just haven't had too much time to deal with the $20 that I sent him with nothing in return.
SSKs for everyone!

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #79 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 00:24:51 »
I'd agree to it as long as there is ample proof, decided by the mods

Offline tuxsavvy

• 白HHKBの魔法使い
« Reply #80 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 00:46:15 »
It also appears AvJaB once used to hang around on deskthority IRC channel and he was last there around three months or so ago.

I also honestly believe that if AvJaB wants to clean his plate off this dirty trade he needs to come forth and spill the whole beans out. It seems clear that he has not even provided a tracking number for his clack key that was being sent to the OP yet he then claims he was being victimised. Until AvJaB sorts this out, it seems AvJaB would be seen as a scammer without a doubt.
HHKB Pro JP Type-S | Northgate Omnikey 101 | APC/"Clicker" F-21 (GOG3YL) | Cherry G80-5000 HAMDE

僕の日本語が下手です。我的中文也一樣爛。

Offline tbc

« Reply #81 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 01:10:35 »
he's done more fishy stuff before.

like cancelling his auction after it ended with only $85 for a clack.
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #82 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 03:26:27 »
I don't see anything wrong with a "Wall of Shame" thread. No need for real names or addresses, but screen names and other aliases will do just fine. I've personally had a little trouble with one member here that started all the way back in July of last year. I just haven't had too much time to deal with the $20 that I sent him with nothing in return.

the real name and addresses is exactly what keeps people accountable....

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #83 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 14:13:35 »
It is annoying that some people are like this.

Would rather be the one being scammed over a couple of hundred bucks than be the scum that has his integrity for sale for a couple hundred bucks.
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #84 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 14:59:00 »

"The mods" take no responsibility for any trade / buying / selling actions, as stated in the rules.  All we do is moderate proper forum behavior and see that people follow forum rules.  Threads like these don't get locked unless there's personal information posted and as long as the posts are respectful and stick with facts / personal experiences, so take it as you will :)

As far as banning people and what not--that's on a case-by-case basis, depending on various arguments.
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 January 2014, 15:02:49 by Photoelectric »
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #85 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 17:42:52 »

the real name and addresses is exactly what keeps people accountable....
Otherwise they can just start new accounts everywhere with a different username and still rip people off. Shame the hell out of them, I don't care, post their name and address everywhere you want. (just follow the TOS!)

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #86 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 17:46:53 »
post their name and address everywhere you want. (just follow the TOS!)

Not on this site!  They will get removed as soon as we see them or someone reports them to us.  No personally identifying information, please.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #87 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 17:49:00 »
post their name and address everywhere you want. (just follow the TOS!)

Not on this site!  They will get removed as soon as we see them or someone reports them to us.  No personally identifying information, please.
That is what I meant!  :thumb:

Besides, it would be worthless to post it here, because it would get removed.

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #88 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 17:51:51 »

"The mods" take no responsibility for any trade / buying / selling actions, as stated in the rules.  All we do is moderate proper forum behavior and see that people follow forum rules.  Threads like these don't get locked unless there's personal information posted and as long as the posts are respectful and stick with facts / personal experiences, so take it as you will :)

As far as banning people and what not--that's on a case-by-case basis, depending on various arguments.

I know that you don't take any responsibity in trades. But if you're going to let a wall of shame be made, then you should handcheck each person who gets on there truely deserves to get on. Even staying on there for a short period of time is bad, so making sure only the guilty get on first is the best option. And the mods should be able to approve of people to get on because they're the only ones who can be fully trusted

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #89 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 18:13:59 »

I know that you don't take any responsibity in trades. But if you're going to let a wall of shame be made, then you should handcheck each person who gets on there truely deserves to get on. Even staying on there for a short period of time is bad, so making sure only the guilty get on first is the best option. And the mods should be able to approve of people to get on because they're the only ones who can be fully trusted

Nope. You're wrong in every way. Sorry.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Alessandro

• * Vendor
  • The Price Is Right
    • Alessandro's Sweet Shop
« Reply #90 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 18:16:05 »
If I remember he was also trying to sell that board on Bit-Tech. I don't think it ever did sell.

Edit: Yeah, he's been trying since 9th January for about $190.
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 January 2014, 18:19:20 by Alessandro »
KBC Poker | MX Reds | Beige Doubleshots
Goldtouch 10Key Pad | MX Browns | Beige Doubleshots
IBM Model M-122 Terminal (Bolt modded) | Buckling Springs | Beige Dyesubs

Alessandro's Sweet Shop- "I never said they were art."

Offline joneslee85

• HHKB Scrub JP
  • Professional Rubyist programmer!
    • Ruby Journal
« Reply #91 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 20:40:20 »
Let's vote on banning him, I am in first, I do not condone scam act nor tolerate to have one in the community
TOO MANY KEYBOARDS THAT I COULD NOT COUNT! BUT I AM STILL USING MY MODEL F77

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #92 on: Tue, 21 January 2014, 20:45:31 »

Mods can't be trusted! :P

And banning the guy doesn't help the person he seems to have scammed.

But it would be helpful to have some area to post if people are having issues with a buyer/seller so others know what they are getting into but its hard to keep things civil around here.

Offline phoenix1234

« Reply #93 on: Wed, 22 January 2014, 01:57:32 »
If I remember he was also trying to sell that board on Bit-Tech. I don't think it ever did sell.

Edit: Yeah, he's been trying since 9th January for about $190.

Here is AvJab account on Bit-Tech :
http://forums.bit-tech.net/member.php?u=490362
It would be great if anyone who has account on Bit-Tech can link this thread to Bit-tech so he can have an explanation to us. So far, he did not provide any explanation or information related to this case.
51904-0
I like linear switches

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #94 on: Wed, 22 January 2014, 05:10:43 »
The only lesson it seems is not to trust anyone and to never trade. No one is willing to do anything because that could be construed as taking responsibility of which no one seems to want, while at the same time using geekhack to promote the GB and classifieds with GH keys etc... Meh it's upto the people who run it to dictate how to run it but I think it's pretty ****ty to treat members who get caught out with little more than 'lolnothingtodowithme'

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #95 on: Wed, 22 January 2014, 06:00:55 »
The only lesson it seems is not to trust anyone and to never trade. No one is willing to do anything because that could be construed as taking responsibility of which no one seems to want, while at the same time using geekhack to promote the GB and classifieds with GH keys etc... Meh it's upto the people who run it to dictate how to run it but I think it's pretty ****ty to treat members who get caught out with little more than 'lolnothingtodowithme'

This is precisely the problem with Bartering..

Which is why most large trades in real life are done through a PAID-middle-man to arbitrate in case of default..

Since we do not have paid Moderators, they have no incentive to help us..

If they DID help us, they'd be giving up their resources for no return..  NO mod is that benevolent..

There has to be SOMETHING worth their time in the trade..

For example...

We can Pay the mod to bounty hunt....

So, lets say we pay Moz to get Megaxpop's keyboard back.. by allowing Moz to get to keep a percentage of that recovered funds.. 

Just coming on here to complain, (wall of shame) would help warn against trading with a scammer, however, it does not get rid of the inherent problems of Bartering...

Which is why if you'd just sell the item to each other, it'd be much easier, because there's a paid 3rd party to arbitrate.. and at worst they're covered by insurance..

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #96 on: Wed, 22 January 2014, 06:08:16 »

For example...

We can Pay the mod to bounty hunt....

So, lets say we pay Moz to get Megaxpop's keyboard back.. by allowing Moz to get to keep a percentage of that recovered funds.. 

Just went full retard.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #97 on: Wed, 22 January 2014, 06:21:16 »
luzl

Offline Lanx

« Reply #98 on: Wed, 22 January 2014, 06:45:57 »
i think AvJab contacted tp4 and said, "hey dude i'm taking lots of heat,can you derail this thread?"

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #99 on: Wed, 22 January 2014, 07:03:42 »
i think AvJab contacted tp4 and said, "hey dude i'm taking lots of heat,can you derail this thread?"

Nah, TP doesn't need anyone to ask him he just does it :P