Author Topic: best sc2 mice.  (Read 6198 times)

Offline Ghetto Caps

• i make ghetto caps.
best sc2 mice.
« on: Sat, 25 January 2014, 23:53:06 »
so recently broke my ss sensei and i want to try something different, i play sc2 semi professionally. what are some good mouses without all the BS buttons that you don't need.
(don't include Mico or g100s because  i already owned and broken them.)
Also it should both palm and claw/

Thanks!

Visit the Typing Test and try![/sigpic]

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
  •  Post Reporting Timeout
  • Who is that kmiller8 guy?
Re: best sc2 mice.
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 25 January 2014, 23:58:23 »
Here is a simple mouse that I use on a daily basis and I am gold ranked in HOTS. It doesn't have any BS extra buttons at all, and with laser technology it's far superior to optical or ball mice.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002TLTGM6

Offline Ghetto Caps

• i make ghetto caps.
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 26 January 2014, 00:00:07 »
Here is a simple mouse that I use on a daily basis and I am gold ranked in HOTS. It doesn't have any BS extra buttons at all, and with laser technology it's far superior to optical or ball mice.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002TLTGM6

its missing the 2 essential BS buttons and the a wheel

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
  •  Post Reporting Timeout
  • Who is that kmiller8 guy?
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 26 January 2014, 00:01:01 »

You only need one button for SC2, and you sure as heck don't need the a wheel.

Offline Ghetto Caps

• i make ghetto caps.
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 26 January 2014, 00:02:59 »

You only need one button for SC2, and you sure as heck don't need the a wheel.
http://www.recycledgoods.com/product/14143-apple-a2m4035-mouse-serial-vintage-apple-iic-one-button-mouse

il get higher apm with this one.

But really what a good mouse

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 26 January 2014, 02:56:35 »

Don't listen to the Apple fiends, just buy one of these and it should last for several years http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-D66-00029-Wheel-Mouse-Optical/dp/B00006B7HB/ref=pd_rhf_dp_s_cp_?ie=UTF8&refRID=0S8J0K0DG0TJ5G10M4KS

This is STILL the number one choice amongst all gamers out there, any that don't like using this - well they aren't serious gamers to begin with  ;) .

Offline Chau

• .5 Korean, .25 Vietnamese, .25 Chinese, Oz accent
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 26 January 2014, 03:11:55 »
Elrick do you use one, how is it compared to the plethora of mice you have.

Offline Ghetto Caps

• i make ghetto caps.
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 26 January 2014, 12:10:34 »

Don't listen to the Apple fiends, just buy one of these and it should last for several years http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-D66-00029-Wheel-Mouse-Optical/dp/B00006B7HB/ref=pd_rhf_dp_s_cp_?ie=UTF8&refRID=0S8J0K0DG0TJ5G10M4KS

This is STILL the number one choice amongst all gamers out there, any that don't like using this - well they aren't serious gamers to begin with  ;) .

those things are like 100$ in canada  :(

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 26 January 2014, 12:16:32 »
Both palm and claw? DA, or a Lachesis if you can find one.

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 26 January 2014, 12:45:41 »
How does one break so many mice? :eek:
I would recommend the abyssus but its only for claw grip, depends on how large are your hands but if you find the mico claw+palm the abyssus should be just fine.
This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 26 January 2014, 13:01:37 »
Sense RAW is pretty alright...

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 26 January 2014, 17:57:05 »
those things are like 100$ in canada  :(

If you've got Ebay in your browser then check out these links;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390753628765?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

and

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/221145782309

If you can't afford any of these mice in the links then you're better off not using a computer at all.......imagine paying $100 for one of these in Canada.  I would drive South over the border and buy some stuff, then drive back.  Never pay insane prices for WMO's not worth more than $15.00USD each.

Funny, I'm stuck in Convict Town, the home of rip-offs and corruption yet Canada suddenly seems very suspect to me........  8) .
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 January 2014, 17:59:20 by Elrick »

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 26 January 2014, 18:10:17 »
Elrick do you use one, how is it compared to the plethora of mice you have.

I bought 4 of these for my Mrs a couple of days ago;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390753628765?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

She had her WMO for more than 8 years I think and when it died on her (again dropped onto the tiled floor) she couldn't get it to work again.  Hence the tears flowed and my weakness at seeing it, so I just got to wait till they arrive to have a go at using one.  I had used one about 4 years back, was okay, nothing to get excited about but I did remember how light it was compared to most mice available now.

I suppose choosing a mouse is very individual here, what might be the symbol of perfection for one user is an absolute horror for another.  Just don't get convinced that spending over $100 on an input device will give you something unique and flawless because it usually won't.  Some people spend no more than $10 on a mouse and keep using it for years comfortably (they're the smart ones).
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 January 2014, 18:13:20 by Elrick »

Offline Ghetto Caps

• i make ghetto caps.
« Reply #13 on: Sun, 26 January 2014, 22:07:31 »
I would recommend the abyssus but its only for claw grip, depends on how large are your hands but if you find the mico claw+palm the abyssus should be just fine.

its in the title...sc2

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 06:05:14 »

its in the title...sc2
Please don't tell me you broke them raging?

Offline acidtrip69

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 15:39:00 »
i would say a razer deathadder ^_^ thats one i have. Its like the only good mouse Razer makes XD

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 15:45:14 »
i would say a razer deathadder ^_^ thats one i have. Its like the only good mouse Razer makes XD
That's constructive.

Offline thesentinel

« Reply #17 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 16:24:07 »
That's constructive.
I her Abyssus isn't that bad. But my friends Abyssus bricked after a month.. soo, when they work they're good.
Keyboards are the only thing keeping me from consuming human flesh.

Offline acidtrip69

« Reply #18 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 19:12:42 »
That's constructive.
I her Abyssus isn't that bad. But my friends Abyssus bricked after a month.. soo, when they work they're good.
my deathadder still works after 6 long years of heavy uses^_^ its worn down a bit on the outside but it still works great ^_^ maybe i got lucky ^_^

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #19 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 19:32:54 »
my deathadder still works after 6 long years of heavy uses^_^ its worn down a bit on the outside but it still works great ^_^ maybe i got lucky ^_^

You my friend are the FIRST to admit that here.  DA for 6 years, unbelievable  :o .

Offline Ghetto Caps

• i make ghetto caps.
« Reply #20 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 20:32:04 »

its in the title...sc2

No. i just play a lot and i have high apm

Offline sublime

« Reply #21 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 21:33:08 »
I'd also put my money on a Deathadder. Been using one for ever after coming from an older ergo Logitech mouse. I have the older version that I got with a bunch of used goodies at a local auction, been my fav since. It feels real nice, not sure about using it claw though.

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #22 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 22:28:35 »
you seem to have a problem playin SC2
this is the 2nd topic you've made about mice breaking in SC2
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=52239.msg1156289#msg1156289

Maybe you're doing something wrong, i mean korean pros are using the same mice for years without problems (Logitech G9x being the popular choice)

You my friend are the FIRST to admit that here.  DA for 6 years, unbelievable  :o .

my DA black's on 2 years+, my 1st DA was 5 years until i shorted it trying to clean it up lol

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #23 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 22:51:58 »
my DA black's on 2 years+, my 1st DA was 5 years until i shorted it trying to clean it up lol

That sounds interesting...... so you were cleaning your 1st DA whilst it was still plugged into your PC and it fried?

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #24 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 23:32:30 »

That sounds interesting...... so you were cleaning your 1st DA whilst it was still plugged into your PC and it fried?

no i was stupid and i was using clorox wipes cause you know I was wiping down my desk so i thought "oh lets wipe down the mouse and keyboard! (b4 i did mech keyboards)
so i guess some of that cleaning fluid got into the mouse or something, turned the comp on after I cleaned it and it wouldn't light up or register at all.

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #26 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 00:12:59 »
I got GM (TOSS!) using my Razer Mamba from like 2010 ._., I have no idea what you guys are talking about with all the extra buttons on the mouse.. IIRC most of the pros use normal ones..
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #27 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 06:31:11 »

its in the title...sc2

High apm won't break your mouse...

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #28 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 08:08:21 »

its in the title...sc2

A lot of micro-switches are just rated at 5 million clicks. Often actually less, 2 million. A lot less even for common ones used for the scroll wheel and side-buttons. Theoretically you can wear them out in just 3 years or less when you play 5 hours per day with 15 or more clicks per minute, even if they are rated for 5 million clicks :p
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 January 2014, 08:14:08 by Grim Fandango »
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #29 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 08:59:41 »

its in the title...sc2

A lot of micro-switches are just rated at 5 million clicks. Often actually less, 2 million. A lot less even for common ones used for the scroll wheel and side-buttons. Theoretically you can wear them out in just 3 years or less when you play 5 hours per day with 15 or more clicks per minute, even if they are rated for 5 million clicks :p
Theoretically yes, but as this guy states in the OP he already broke 3 (maybe even more) so that is what, like 9 years of SC 5h per day 7 days a week?  :D
I own a deathadder maybe 6 years now and still goes strong, a little care of your peripherals and they will serve you well for quite some time.
To OP, what do you mean by semi-professional? Not signed but competing?

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #30 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 10:46:13 »
I was only kidding of course :)

In response to what is the best SC2 mouse, that is probably dependent on your particular preferences, playstyle and anatomy. A lot of Starcraft player seem to use whatever they are comfortable with, and compared to the FPS competitive scenes, there is  a larger variety in types of shapes and types of sensors.

You can look at places like team liquid and see what they use, even if I think there is no reason to restrict yourself to those mice. Some (very) common mice it seems in this scene are the Logitech G1, the Zowie Mico, deathadder and abyssus. They are used by teams like team liquid, evil genuises, etc. I do not follow SC2 though. If you do, you should have a better idea than me about what is used and what is not.
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #31 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 14:24:58 »
I was only kidding of course :)

In response to what is the best SC2 mouse, that is probably dependent on your particular preferences, playstyle and anatomy. A lot of Starcraft player seem to use whatever they are comfortable with, and compared to the FPS competitive scenes, there is  a larger variety in types of shapes and types of sensors.

You can look at places like team liquid and see what they use, even if I think there is no reason to restrict yourself to those mice. Some (very) common mice it seems in this scene are the Logitech G1, the Zowie Mico, deathadder and abyssus. They are used by teams like team liquid, evil genuises, etc. I do not follow SC2 though. If you do, you should have a better idea than me about what is used and what is not.

G9x without a grip was also really popular with the Koreans for a while, although I suspect that was only because of the tiny size.

I don't keep up with the SC2 scene these days, but back when I did it seemed like small mice were generally more popular than large ones among pros. Sure, still people using DAs and whatnot, but the trend seemed to be towards smaller.

Mice also don't matter as much; SC2 pros don't seem nearly as picky as FPS players when it comes to mice. TLO used some random junker mouse for the longest time, and IdrA, when asked why he used a Kinzu(which had the ****ty sensor at the time I think), said it was because the small shape suited his girly hands and gave the impression that it was mostly a "eh, this works" kind of decision.

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #32 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 14:58:45 »
i mean Polt uses whatever CM Storm gives him to use lol.
he doesn't have a preference

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #33 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 15:27:55 »
Sensor wise many players don't have a preference, Koreans pick by size or whatever the trend is at that moment.

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #34 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 16:02:24 »
Sensor wise many players don't have a preference, Koreans pick by size or whatever the trend is at that moment.

b4 Polt was sponsored by CM storm im pretty sure he used a 9x

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #35 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 16:09:58 »

b4 Polt was sponsored by CM storm im pretty sure he used a 9x
Yea that mouse is so great I loved mine but it just died mysteriously, Logitech discontinued them if I am not mistaken.

Offline fuzzybaffy

« Reply #36 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 17:59:39 »
Yea... I followed the SC2 scene a little bit (but not too heavily), and I don't really remember players using the WMO, to be honest.

The popular ones were the G9x without the grip (as mentioned by others here in this thread), the Zowie Mico, the Steel Series Sensei and/or Kinzu, or the typical cheapo $5 optical OEM mouse.

There is also a list of hardware used by SC2 Pros over at Teamliquid.net, but I have no idea how recent it is: http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Pro_gear
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 January 2014, 18:02:49 by fuzzybaffy »

Offline Ghetto Caps

• i make ghetto caps.
« Reply #37 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 19:17:05 »

its in the title...sc2

Theoretically yes, but as this guy states in the OP he already broke 3 (maybe even more) so that is what, like 9 years of SC 5h per day 7 days a week?  :D
I own a deathadder maybe 6 years now and still goes strong, a little care of your peripherals and they will serve you well for quite some time.
To OP, what do you mean by semi-professional? Not signed but competing?

i might have figured out why i broke so many
So...when i do something requiring timing (ex playing FPS games and micro-ing in sc2) i put alot of pressure on the button

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #38 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 19:24:39 »
Ah that is the most logical answer. Anyway how did you liked the mico, I am thinking of getting one.. not that I need it but hey why not try something else.