Author Topic: Elliot Rodger Killer (Has this been posted already?)  (Read 25848 times)

Offline Malphas

Elliot Rodger Killer (Has this been posted already?)
« on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 14:45:42 »

I guess it's not really funny in light of what happened, but I couldn't stop myself from laughing while watching this. What a demented aspie freak, aha. This is exactly how I imagine tp4tissue irl.
« Last Edit: Tue, 27 May 2014, 14:49:20 by Malphas »

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
Re: Elliot Rodger Killer (Has this been posted already?)
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 14:49:58 »
It's not funny that he killed people, but damn this guy's stupidity makes me chuckle.
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline Malphas

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 14:52:49 »
Yes, the murdering people part = not funny. Making a laughing stock of himself = hilarious.

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 14:55:39 »
oh man his ****ing cliché laugh in-between his "i'm gonna kill you for not gettin ****" rants makes me cringe more than his psycho sexism ****...
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 15:11:26 »
If you think so highly of one thing happening, much like Mr. Rodger here, go talk to someone. Few things help more than talking to someone. NOT ONLINE but in person.

That's all.

kthx.

I was going to add a bit about my own experience as a patient of mental illness, but I'm gonna leave it out.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 16:17:36 »
I read his entire 140page journal...   it seemed like if someone objective just talked to him..  it wouldn't have come to such a tragedy...

he clearly did not understand the fact that Everything has a cost...  this includes Love, sex, attention, -from female or otherwise...

Though he does not mention it directly... he seems to have overwhelming social anxiety...  This likely came along due to his parent's divorce at a young age.

His mother was his primary care giver, and she spoiled him greatly,  and was personally responsible for fixing all of his play-dates, social interactions, invitations..

-- so you can fathom that perhaps he missed out on learning to do this well on his own

There was also the case of the evil-step-mother,  who his father began living with only weeks after divorcing his mother..

So there's that Semi-betrayal... 

Then a very large incident occur-ed for him when he went to his fathers house for a drink of water without knocking..

His evil-step-mother knocked the drink out of his hands, and ordered him to leave...  His FATHER sided with the step mother..

The father was in financial trouble at the time, so I'm assuming the step-mother (rich family)  was paying for the household,   which is likely why the father became such a lil-*****...

So you see...   This is actually a classic case of neuroses that typically develop from broken homes..

-- other traumatic events..

he caught his sister getting (ffff) in her room by a latino guy.. he was furious outside the room...

mmm....

all of his friends were socially normal, and able to initiate conversation with no stress..

Elliot, can initiate, but it causes him an abnormal amount of stress.

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 17:13:34 »
I never had much success with ladies in my life.  The last few years have better for me in finding affection and companionship. Some other Geekhackers might be similar because we do care more about these computer input devices than meeting women.  But I understand many of the feelings that this guy is speaking of, and had some of the same thoughts about my lack of success in dating and mating.  However, my thoughts never progressed to becoming violent towards others.  Before you think I am some sort of psychopath, I want to be clear that my frustration never manifested into thoughts about mass killing of random people and any sort of violence towards others.

Obviously, he was lacking love and affection in his life, and perhaps he had some sort of mental illness, that if treated properly, would not have manifested into a mass killing.  He obviously did not understand the rules of attraction, and why girls would choose other guys over him.  Those rules have been written in stone for centuries, although the recent trend of geeks getting rich in Silicon Valley is shaking up the traditional hierarchy of the mating game.

Not to be funny or insensitive, but this guy forgot one simple rule of life that always kept me from hating individuals that may have broken my heart or screwed the object of my affection: 

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Whenever you look at the detailed profile of these mass killers, a lot of these guys just seem tragically lonely and in need of some attention and affection and social contact in their lives. Now their loneliness might be a result of their mental illness, which caused them to be isolated in the first place.  Who knows.  A little compassion can save a life.  Maybe all they needed was somebody to listen to them about their frustrations and feelings.  Sometimes, all we need to know is that somebody is listening and they care.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline Malphas

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 17:16:24 »
Eh? Why should anyone care about some kid that gets upset he can't get laid? He's just a weirdo; I dunno how you can relate to him at all.

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 17:20:33 »
hormones are crazy
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 17:24:04 »
Eh? Why should anyone care about some kid that gets upset he can't get laid? He's just a weirdo; I dunno how you can relate to him at all.

You can't relate to someone experienceing a lack of social and romantic success?  If you're a caring human being you should care when someone in your life is hurting.  I think that is prdlm2009's point.

Offline Malphas

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 17:32:33 »
No, I can't, because I'm normal. If his reaction to not getting laid, or not getting a girlfriend is to go out and murder a bunch of women, then it's neither surprising nor a pity that he didn't have much success with women.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 17:42:13 »
No, I can't, because I'm normal. If his reaction to not getting laid, or not getting a girlfriend is to go out and murder a bunch of women, then it's neither surprising nor a pity that he didn't have much success with women.

Everything happens for a reason..  His perception was severely skewed by traumatic childhood events.. and even adolescent events..

like i mentioned

Divorce

Overprotective mother, spoiling him, arranging his social interactions for him

Stepmother, emotionally abuse him

Father, financial crysis, whipped by stepmother who was paying for household expenses

Father always siding with step-mother,  (seen as betrayal) with respect to Elliot

Sister gets a boyfriend, He came home to them having sex in her bedroom..

These were the big ones..

But his 140 page memoir is a very detailed account.. and after I read it.. It seemed obvious to me why he did what he did...

Offline rockhawksam

• I'm a big dirty **** Hawk
    • tanglingstars.com
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 17:45:38 »
Wow your insensitivity is astonishing. Everything from you calling him an "aspie freak" and this comment above are really just sickening to read. You can't empathize with him because you are "normal"? That is borderline psychopathic to me.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 17:46:01 »

This is a surprisingly unthoughtful stance from you.  I can't sympathize with the rage and twisted logic, but I can sympathize with the frustration and rejection from others.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 17:47:09 »
Wow your insensitivity is astonishing. Everything from you calling him an "aspie freak" and this comment above are really just sickening to read. You can't empathize with him because you are "normal"? That is borderline psychopathic to me.

100% agree..

Malphas is the exact type of person that Elliot describes in his memoir that drove him towards violence..

Insensitive, Crass, and ignorant..

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 17:48:21 »
malphas step away from the cocaine
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #16 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 17:48:32 »

This is a surprisingly unthoughtful stance from you.  I can't sympathize with the rage and twisted logic, but I can sympathize with the frustration and rejection from others.

I may have been skewed after reading his whole memoir,  (it was surprisingly very well written and cohesive),     but overall... the progression and his choices seem completely NATURAL  given his   mis-attributive beliefs, which were formed throughout his life...

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 17:52:37 »
he once said he did massive amounts of cocaine
please please be that and not malphas getting fartier
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #19 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 18:02:00 »
he once said he did massive amounts of cocaine
please please be that and not malphas getting fartier

I've yet to try cocaine myself...  I'm afraid to... I liked cigarettes and alcohol way too much...

It's unlikely I could become the casual Cocaine user..

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #20 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 18:08:32 »
'I will slaughter every single soiled, stuck-up, blonde slut I see inside there'

Killed 3 asian males, 1 white male and 2 brunettes. Nice job.
« Last Edit: Tue, 27 May 2014, 18:10:52 by Photekq »
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline Malphas

« Reply #21 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 18:09:17 »
Man, you guys are weird if you see this and your reaction is to feel sympathy or whatever for the murderer rather than disgust.

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #22 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 18:10:21 »
'I will slaughter every single soiled, stuck-up, blonde slut I see inside there'

Killed 4 asian males and 2 brunettes. Nice job.

wasn't it 3 asians and 1 white dude?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #23 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 18:11:06 »

One less dip**** pissing the gene pool. How's that for an outlook?

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #24 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 18:11:23 »
Man, you guys are weird if you see this and your reaction is to feel sympathy or whatever for the murderer rather than disgust.

This mindset is a large part of the reason why things like this occur.

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #25 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 18:17:09 »

Not sure how old you are, but you may discover that this idea of "normal" is a misconception more than anything, because even the most social humans are still a little screwed up in the own little ways.  That is not a bad thing, it is just what makes each of an us an individual.

Offline Malphas

« Reply #26 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 18:24:25 »
Not really, no. Most people fit into a general definition of "normal" which includes not feeling compelled to go out and murder people and kill yourself because you can't get laid.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #27 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 18:31:49 »
Most people think they are weirder than they are. By the definition that normal is the average, yes most people are normal.

I know someone who turned 30 this year, and is still a virgin. That kid in the video is (was :)) ) an idiot. If he thought for one second most of humanity hasn't delt with the same situation he was in, he may be even more of an idiot that I'd previously projected.

I agree with Malphas, (but in my own words:) I cannot believe this stain on human existence and cancer of a personality has garnered any form of sympathy.
« Last Edit: Tue, 27 May 2014, 18:37:13 by noisyturtle »

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #28 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 18:52:05 »
I can feel sympathy for his pain and simultaneously feel disgust and anger at his actions.

It's not that hard for, you know, a normal person.

Offline rockhawksam

• tanglingstars.com
« Reply #29 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 19:03:08 »
Most people think they are weirder than they are. By the definition that normal is the average, yes most people are normal.

I know someone who turned 30 this year, and is still a virgin. That kid in the video is (was :)) ) an idiot. If he thought for one second most of humanity hasn't delt with the same situation he was in, he may be even more of an idiot that I'd previously projected.

I agree with Malphas, (but in my own words:) I cannot believe this stain on human existence and cancer of a personality has garnered any form of sympathy.
Jesus christ, why does nobody in this thread understand that this kid was DISEASED?! Would you say someone who has diabetes or any other hereditary disease (yes, mental illness is hereditary) is "pissing on the gene pool"? This kid was very very obviously mentally ill, and his actions are not being justified by any of us. However, that is not to say they were not preventable if people like you and Malphas did not have this mindset regarding mentally ****ing ill people. This is the kind of mindset, pooled together with his own issues, that causes this kid to feel this way in the first place. Saying you are "normal" is bull**** and we all know it. Not to mention, this kid obviously does not feel normal and to spew that false standard anywhere and everywhere is extremely unfair and unkind.
« Last Edit: Tue, 27 May 2014, 19:05:07 by rockhawksam »

Offline Malphas

« Reply #30 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 19:22:30 »
Let's just agree that aspies should be euthenised.

Mod Edit: User was warned for this post
« Last Edit: Wed, 28 May 2014, 11:17:57 by jwaz »

Offline rockhawksam

• tanglingstars.com
« Reply #31 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 19:25:29 »
How are you not banned already for saying **** like this?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #32 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 19:32:04 »

Jesus christ, why does nobody in this thread understand that this kid was DISEASED?! Would you say someone who has diabetes or any other hereditary disease (yes, mental illness is hereditary) is "pissing on the gene pool"? This kid was very very obviously mentally ill, and his actions are not being justified by any of us. However, that is not to say they were not preventable if people like you and Malphas did not have this mindset regarding mentally ****ing ill people. This is the kind of mindset, pooled together with his own issues, that causes this kid to feel this way in the first place. Saying you are "normal" is bull**** and we all know it. Not to mention, this kid obviously does not feel normal and to spew that false standard anywhere and everywhere is extremely unfair and unkind.

Yes this guy was ill, but he didn't seek help nor seem to want to change. Sometimes there is no cure, it's the 'ol Hitler/time-travel paradox. You cannot help those who do not want help, and he chose his path and defined himself pretty clearly.

Should all mentally ill people be put down? Certainly not, but he seems more misguided than mentally ill to be frank. He clearly had no outlet to deal with his emotions and his inexperience with social norms dictated his response which in my opinion wasn't motivated by a mental illness, but rather a lack of understanding regarding empathy and response. I would call his video sociopathic, but he clearly feels something even through the character he was portraying in the video, he just didn't understand interpret and respond in an advisable manner. Now that I'm typing this, yes, in retrospect the incident could've been prevented if he had someone to talk it out, but that's not the path he choose even remotely, so I find it difficult to sympathize.

Offline Coreda

« Reply #33 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 19:51:36 »
I may have been skewed after reading his whole memoir,  (it was surprisingly very well written and cohesive),     but overall... the progression and his choices seem completely NATURAL  given his   mis-attributive beliefs, which were formed throughout his life...

He had aspergers and developed a totally twisted view of women, and men by association. I'm sure there are those out there with problems socially and who have felt isolated before, and naturally some can empathize them, but I hardly think it's a natural progression to then go on a murder spree. He really needed some better help.

The rejection part is interesting from reading various parts of his accounts, as he kept referring to being 'rejected' by girls yet in the accounts the rejection was imagined. A girl didn't react to something the way he wanted - rejection. He didn't approach/talk a girl - 'they despise me', etc. It's remarkable how many of these scenarios he envisioned as being intentional personal attacks of some kind.

The memes and parodies are the best things to come of all this insanity though. 4chan had the best by far, including the voiced readings.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #34 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 20:41:16 »

Malphas is a **** person...   In so many ways he's exactly like aspies and Elliot Rodgers., he's misguided, harbors misconceptions.. and ultimately deserves our understanding..

He is the way the world made him...

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #35 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 20:43:03 »

He had aspergers and developed a totally twisted view of women, and men by association. I'm sure there are those out there with problems socially and who have felt isolated before, and naturally some can empathize them, but I hardly think it's a natural progression to then go on a murder spree. He really needed some better help.

The rejection part is interesting from reading various parts of his accounts, as he kept referring to being 'rejected' by girls yet in the accounts the rejection was imagined. A girl didn't react to something the way he wanted - rejection. He didn't approach/talk a girl - 'they despise me', etc. It's remarkable how many of these scenarios he envisioned as being intentional personal attacks of some kind.

The memes and parodies are the best things to come of all this insanity though. 4chan had the best by far, including the voiced readings.

I'm not convinced he had aspergers.. 

He had extreme social anxiety... which could be many things..  I'd say primarily due to his less than ideal upbringing.

Offline iri

« Reply #36 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 04:38:17 »
Saying you are "normal" is bull****
why?

there is no clear scientific evidence of that the asperger's syndrome is transmitted genetically. also there is no legit correlation between the disease and violent or criminal behavior.

also grammar nazi alert.
« Last Edit: Wed, 28 May 2014, 04:51:07 by iri »
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #37 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 04:44:44 »
**** you.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #38 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 05:06:03 »
le **** you
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #39 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 07:04:00 »
I can feel sympathy for his pain and simultaneously feel disgust and anger at his actions.

It's not that hard for, you know, a normal person.

Yea.  Exactly.  His reaction to a typical occurrence for any male that gets continually rejected by girl after girl, for whatever reason?  Over the top, repulsive, disgusting, awful for those hurt and killed.  No lonely boy should react in that manner because people do not deserve to die for your loneliness.

Do I feel sympathy?  No.  There are healthier ways to react to a tough family life and rejection from girls.  Do I understand some of his feelings?  Yes.

It is possible to have nuanced feelings about a situation.  When I read about these mass killers that just go slaughter a dozen people, I think:  what happened in this guy's life that compelled him to do what he did?  What was lacking?  Because that is how you learn more about these types of people and get them the help that they need to be a member of society without being a threat.

You know what a lot people, including the killer, really lack these days?  A little empathy and compassion for people that might be going through some tough times.  The killer lacked these things because he did not understand the effect that his actions would have on the family and friends of the people he killed.  He did not understand that millions of young men like him had gone through the same thing, and maybe they could empathize.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #40 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 08:30:53 »
What is it about American culture that helps create these people? I'm aware he wasn't American but how many school shootings have there been in the last 5-6 years now in America?

Compare that to somewhere like Canada which has similar gun laws and a higher rate of gun ownership... Pretty worrying environment.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #41 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 08:40:00 »
What is it about American culture that helps create these people? I'm aware he wasn't American but how many school shootings have there been in the last 5-6 years now in America?

Compare that to somewhere like Canada which has similar gun laws and a higher rate of gun ownership... Pretty worrying environment.

Very different gun laws in canada. No hand guns (unless you are a cop or a trapper). No automatic weapons.

Yes we have more guns per population, but we do not have the same perspective on guns.

America = guns are for killing people
Canada = guns are for hunting animals
« Last Edit: Wed, 28 May 2014, 08:42:41 by swill »

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #42 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 08:48:50 »
It seems like an increasingly worrying country. They have more travel restrictions than most developed nations, pretty relaxed gun laws and almost annual school shootings.

Every time one happens the 'gun debate' goes on, nothing changes, people find something else to blame, TV, Movies, Video Games, drugs etc etc.. And then the following year or so it happens again.

If I was American I would be worried about it and trying to find out the actual root cause and how to solve it. I don't think you can blame gun laws as if someone is intent on killing someone else or many people, they will find a way.

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #43 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 08:53:26 »

After following the story for a bit, I get the sense that this kid was mentally unstable already, and the trials and tribulations of modern life were just too much for him to handle. I feel like there are borderline cases of mental instability -- it sort of reminds me of Adam Lanza, the Newtown shooter. Maybe this kid had Aspberger's Syndrome as well -- these are children with some mental or developmental problems, but display high intellectual function. They're socially awkward, but otherwise very smart.

To me, it feels tragic that someone is smart enough to know that they're not completely "right" -- but it's a rare person who can resist projecting those problems onto the rest of the world -- that's far easier than realizing the problem comes from you. Hence, all this 'the world is broken' rhetoric. If I were crazy, I would pray that I was so crazy I didn't realize I was crazy.  :-[

Before I had a child of my own I never bought into the culture war stuff (violent video games create violent children, Madonna is nude again?!) but now... now I sort of see why it's important. Our culture is a shared resource, and all of our children have to swim in that shared resource, so we should be careful about what we dump into that soup. Today's youth culture is highly, highly sexualized, and massively superficial. To me, that's like dumping sharks and turds into the culture "soup" -- my daughter is going to have to swim in that someday, so... please stop putting those things in the soup?

I think this kid's pre-existing mental problems plus our culture led to the violence. Everything this kid ever saw on television pounded home one message over and over -- virgins are lame, sex is everything.

Maybe his mania would have found some other violent focus -- who can say? But even so, there should be empathy for everyone in this sort of case. We should also reconsider our cultural choices. I keep hoping technology will one day allow all of us to construct a media experience that represents our own designed cultures. My daughter will grow up Amish.  :thumb:

EDIT: I don't think Aspberger's equals Violent-Prone. But I do feel like since they're on the higher scale of the autism spectrum, they're aware enough (smart enough?) to know that there's this whole social level of interaction that nature just did not prepare them for. That must hurt in ways I can barely imagine. It must be like... the whole world can perform magic, and you can't. And I don't think you should fault someone for something beyond their control. If you have a tumor pressing against the part of your brain that controls aggression and impulse control, you're not really in control of your faculties. And that's tragic and worthy of empathy.
« Last Edit: Wed, 28 May 2014, 09:03:21 by Krogenar »
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #44 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 09:03:20 »
Someone saw the film 'We Need To Talk About Kevin' with Tilda Swinton? Don't know why, but first i thought of this film when i heard about this story.

:eek:
« Last Edit: Wed, 28 May 2014, 09:08:13 by madhias »
... ...

Offline iri

« Reply #45 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 10:39:58 »
UPD: confused the murderers.
« Last Edit: Wed, 28 May 2014, 13:43:44 by iri »
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #46 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 10:45:05 »
If I was American I would be worried about it and trying to find out the actual root cause and how to solve it. I don't think you can blame gun laws as if someone is intent on killing someone else or many people, they will find a way.
which is precisely the case of this topic.

Strange, I thought the point of the topic was for malph to openly laugh at a disabled person who would then go on to murder a bunch of people...

Offline Malphas

« Reply #47 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 10:49:14 »

Malphas is a **** person...   In so many ways he's exactly like aspies and Elliot Rodgers., he's misguided, harbors misconceptions.. and ultimately deserves our understanding..

He is the way the world made him...

**** you.

le **** you

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #48 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 10:52:10 »
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline iri

« Reply #49 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 12:37:23 »
UPD confused the murderers
« Last Edit: Wed, 28 May 2014, 13:44:04 by iri »

-Ray Bradbury