Author Topic: Ping, ping, ping? - Ducky Shine 3 - ping, ping, ping?  (Read 7833 times)

Offline Darwin

Ping, ping, ping? - Ducky Shine 3 - ping, ping, ping?
« on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 09:28:26 »
Hey guys.  First post. :P

Ping, ping, ping, ping, ping...

Would just like to ask the Shine 3 users amongst you whether you are experiencing the annoying pinging noise on your keyboards?

The reason I ask is because I just had a horrible experience with a Ducky Zero... Almost the whole board was pinging like a MOFO himself, but especially certain keys like delete, p, o, enter, etc... Other than that, I fell in love with it immediately... But I just couldn't live with that annoying high-pitched noise.. I mean, "delete" button was so loud you could hear it in the adjacent room... I just had to return it...Ping, ping, ping, ping, ping...

The thing is.. A friend of mine also owns a Ducky zero and we compared the two... His was also pinging, but much less... Only one key of his was pinging loudly..

I searched this forum and some of you are saying all plate mounted mechanical boards ping, while the others are saying it's a hit and miss.... And judging by my own experience I would think it's the later, since even on my Ducky zero certain keys had no pinging issue at all... Also, some people apparently do not hear such high frequency sound, although trust me - everyone would hear it on my board.

Anyway, now I'm thinking of Shine 3, I am paranoid and will probably try begging the stores to check "my keyboard" for this pinging noise before shipping it to me... Not sure they will accommodate me though...Ping, ping, ping, ping, ping...

So does your Shine 3 ping?
Thanks in advance for sharing your experience.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: Ping, ping, ping? - Ducky Shine 3 - ping, ping, ping?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 09:39:26 »
I would say one it can depend on switch type and two your friends board might not ping now depending on if he used it for a while.

My ducky shine 3 with blacks has no ping whatsoever.

Offline Skull_Angel

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 10:11:56 »
Wife is on a Shine 3 with MX Reds, no noticeable pinging and haven't gone looking for it  ;D

Offline Darwin

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 10:23:21 »
Maybe it's more of a Brown thing then... And the way to test it is pressing the key, holding it down really hard and then quickly releasing it... This annoying sound usually happens upon the release of the button..

I would say one it can depend on switch type and two your friends board might not ping now depending on if he used it for a while.
He never noticed it until I pointed him this flaw... But then again, his is not pinging as much as mine was... I noticed it after 10 minutes of typing and I don't ever wanna hear it again...

Don't know.. 2-0 ... Looking good so far, but I need more reassurances..  :thumb:

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 11:40:49 »
Maybe it's more of a Brown thing then... And the way to test it is pressing the key, holding it down really hard and then quickly releasing it... This annoying sound usually happens upon the release of the button..

He never noticed it until I pointed him this flaw... But then again, his is not pinging as much as mine was... I noticed it after 10 minutes of typing and I don't ever wanna hear it again...

Don't know.. 2-0 ... Looking good so far, but I need more reassurances..  :thumb:

I have a Ducky with Brown switches but that's The shine 2 series. No ping whatsoever.
I guess if you don't do that while typing it's not noticeable really. hmm.  :) 
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline Darwin

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 12:02:41 »
Show Image

It's normal...   all cherry users live with this.

See.. You are contradicting the three happy campers above you... Or are you saying they're deaf/lying? ;)
« Last Edit: Tue, 10 June 2014, 12:05:56 by Darwin »

Offline Skull_Angel

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 12:04:50 »
Show Image

It's normal...   all cherry users live with this.

Pretty much this, to most it goes unnoticed because it isn't very loud most of the time. It doesn't effect the keys' ability to function properly; iirc, it was found to be caused by the spring spinning slightly and rubbing the plastic when being (de)compressed and can be "fixed" with lube-modding.

Offline C5Allroad

• Formerly HUNTERANGEL121
  • Watch out, I post when half asleep.
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 12:11:06 »
It's completely normal...
I have it on '.' and '+'
Some are worse than others.

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 12:19:52 »
It can be fixed by lubing the springs, but that's a fair amount of work on a Shine 3. You have to desolder the LED's and switches to open them up and lube them.

On the other hand, sometimes you'll get lucky and it won't even be noticable on your board. My Ducky G2Pro was ping-free, at least I didn't notice it, but I do a little on my KBT Pure, particularly the space bar. Doesn't bother me much.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline Darwin

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 12:21:53 »
I have it on '.' and '+'
Well, to me it's far from normal... The fact that most keys do not have it, while some do, clearly suggest it's possible to manufacture the whole thing without this nuisance...To me, this is a major design flaw, no matter what's causing it.. You do not pay 150€ for a keyboard to have to live with this extremely annoying sounds...

But perhaps it's just me..

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 12:23:01 »
Ping is normal on platemount boards. Both of my MJ2s ping, and my DS3 pings.

Just do the drawer liner mod and that should get rid of most of it.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline phoenixqm

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 12:24:36 »
I have it on '.' and '+'

Mine is ok, rosewill red. The other CM blue, all keys ping.

Offline Darwin

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 12:26:59 »
It can be fixed by lubing the springs, but that's a fair amount of work on a Shine 3. You have to desolder the LED's and switches to open them up and lube them.

Yeah, I have read about all these different fixes, however I'm not will to pay so much for a keyboard, only to be forced into deseldering it the first day...It's preposterous.. :(

To be honest, I would rather use a 10€ keyboard than any mechanical with such a loud pinging design flaw that my Ducky had.. :(

Offline Kayla

• :3
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 12:38:42 »
If your keyboards switches are plate mounted, then your keyboard will ping. Its more on the release of the key than the bottoming out of the key. Its something we all hear and its something we all deal with. Not much can be done about it.

Offline Skull_Angel

« Reply #15 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 12:39:07 »

Yeah, I have read about all these different fixes, however I'm not will to pay so much for a keyboard, only to be forced into deseldering it the first day...It's preposterous.. :(

To be honest, I would rather use a 10€ keyboard than any mechanical with such a loud pinging design flaw that my Ducky had.. :(

You're free to use whatever you like. It's not so much a design flaw as something that was never considered in the first place; the switches were designed to be reliable, not silent.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #16 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 12:51:54 »
If your keyboards switches are plate mounted, then your keyboard will ping. Its more on the release of the key than the bottoming out of the key. Its something we all hear and its something we all deal with. Not much can be done about it.

I'm gonna have to disagree. I've had/used dozens of plate mounted keyboards and the majority did not ping whatsoever. Having said that my code with clears definitely pings and my tactile grays ping, even when PCB mounted.

Offline Kayla

« Reply #17 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 12:53:19 »

I'm gonna have to disagree. I've had/used dozens of plate mounted keyboards and the majority did not ping whatsoever. Having said that my code with clears definitely pings and my tactile grays ping, even when PCB mounted.
If you lean down and release the key quickly you don't hear a ping? That is very odd considering the mechanics of what is happening.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 13:09:01 »

If you lean down and release the key quickly you don't hear a ping? That is very odd considering the mechanics of what is happening.

Ok so maybe if I put my ear up against a switch with no other background noises and press it hard yes the switch itself makes noise, but what I consider ping from an MX switch is much louder and much more noticeable with regular use.

I guess like everything it all comes down to personal preferences and how well your ears are tuned but some switches and some boards are definitely worse.

Offline Kayla

« Reply #19 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 13:10:42 »

Ok so maybe if I put my ear up against a switch with no other background noises and press it hard yes the switch itself makes noise, but what I consider ping from an MX switch is much louder and much more noticeable with regular use.

I guess like everything it all comes down to personal preferences and how well your ears are tuned but some switches and some boards are definitely worse.
I say that its worth it for the feel and look of the keyboard and the switches. The ping is minimal and although for some it may be annoying, its just one con in a sea of pros.

Offline Darwin

« Reply #20 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 13:15:30 »
Don't mind the minimal ping...

I'm talking about this:

This is Filco, but my noise was similar.... It was loud, but it lasted longer..

The thing is... I have this old Cherry G80-1000 model that I've used for 15 years or so... It has MX-Black switches and no ping whatsoever, even if you put your ear directly on it....I guess it's PCB mount though...

Offline Kayla

« Reply #21 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 13:22:07 »
Yeah thats common. I have that on my CM Storm boards particularly in the top row and in high traffic keys like > ? because I use them for osu!

Offline aref

« Reply #22 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 13:40:51 »
Corsiar K65 doesn't ping

I've had FMJ2 and CMQFR keyboard and they pinged; the only plate-mounted switch that doesn't ping are on my two Corsair K65/MX Red keyboards. However, the only switch available on the K65 is MX Red.

Offline C5Allroad

• Formerly HUNTERANGEL121
  • Watch out, I post when half asleep.
« Reply #23 on: Wed, 11 June 2014, 09:00:33 »
Corsiar K65 doesn't ping

I've had FMJ2 and CMQFR keyboard and they pinged; the only plate-mounted switch that doesn't ping are on my two Corsair K65/MX Red keyboards. However, the only switch available on the K65 is MX Red.
My K90 pings with most keys lol...
That's why I got a ducky

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #24 on: Wed, 11 June 2014, 09:06:19 »
Don't mind the minimal ping...

I'm talking about this:

This is Filco, but my noise was similar.... It was loud, but it lasted longer..

Yup, I had that on my Filco Zero. Put some drawer liner or foam inbetween the PCB and case bottom. Then sit your keyboard on something like a mousepad. Should take care of most of the pinging. It worked for me at least.

Offline Darwin

« Reply #25 on: Wed, 11 June 2014, 10:20:34 »
Still in limbo, guys... If not even more confused. :(

My K90 pings with most keys lol...
That's why I got a ducky

What.. And this Ducky of yours does not ping?

Amazing.. I even talked to a keyboard store and they apparently cannot check the board before shipping it to me...

Yet it all points to a lottery... Even the store guy said it's hit and miss with their ducky keyboards... So either you receive damaged goods or you receive a fully working unit, without a defect which requires modding on the first day..

Say what you will, that it's normal, or the nature of mechanical keyboards...Or whatever... But you have one key that is pinging like crazy, and than the key right next to it that does not ping even slightly...

I'm aware that I'm probably exaggerating a bit, because I was unlucky to receive a truly faulty one.. Still, it's a design flaw..No less..

Offline PolaBurrr

« Reply #26 on: Wed, 11 June 2014, 10:25:42 »
Pinging is not the result of a specific keyboard, it is the result of the specific switches. Those of you who have taken apart switches before know that placement of the spring results greatly in sound (buzzes, pinging, scratching). OP, the pinging in your case is most likely because when the switch was put together, the spring happened to be placed non-optimally, resulting in ping. If you really want to fix it, desolder the switch and play around with orientation and position of spring so that it does not ping.

Offline Darwin

« Reply #27 on: Wed, 11 June 2014, 10:37:47 »
Pinging is not the result of a specific keyboard, it is the result of the specific switches. Those of you who have taken apart switches before know that placement of the spring results greatly in sound (buzzes, pinging, scratching). OP, the pinging in your case is most likely because when the switch was put together, the spring happened to be placed non-optimally, resulting in ping. If you really want to fix it, desolder the switch and play around with orientation and position of spring so that it does not ping.

Yeah, but than I would have to desolder half of the keys on the board I received... Besides, I'm not willing to void my warranty because of a design flaw..

And than another question arises.. Even if you receive a perfect unit, can this placement of the springs shift with use, giving birth to this annoying ping noise after a few years? Is that possible, or is it safe to assume that if it doesn't ping, it will never ping?
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 June 2014, 11:21:42 by Darwin »

Offline Mr.Tumor

« Reply #28 on: Wed, 11 June 2014, 11:05:52 »
Wow I never noticed that before. I have it on a few keys on my omg zero now that I listen for it . If it doesn't have any other effect than the lil noise .. ehh it Don't bug me.
But good info for when I do my own board. Whats the best why to make sure this don't happen before the switches are soldered in? :confused:
Ducky zero dk2108s  OMG

Offline nrd

« Reply #29 on: Wed, 11 June 2014, 11:33:55 »
A discussion about ping?

I'm aware that I'm probably exaggerating a bit, because I was unlucky to receive a truly faulty one.. Still, it's a design flaw..No less..
I’m not sure what design you are referring to. It has already been said that MX switches are not designed to be silent, they’re designed to be durable and reliable in function and that’s why people like them. There’s no guarantee for any keyboard (with MX switches) that you won’t hear any ping and if possible pinging is a deal-breaker for you – maybe you’re looking at the wrong kind of keyboards. There’s so much variety in the world of keyboards, if their sound plays a major role for you, I’m sure you can find something suitable out there.

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #30 on: Wed, 11 June 2014, 11:38:40 »
My Filco had a pretty noticeable ping on "O" and "L" until I swapped the stock plate out for a stainless steel plate ... now it doesn't have any pinging. My phantom has the same style stainless plate and it doesn't ping at all either.

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #31 on: Wed, 11 June 2014, 15:33:36 »

I guess you should stay clear of Cherry MX then, or buy a modded or custom board that has lubed springs.

To be honest, I've never heard a board pinging loudly enough to bother me in the slightest, even in youtube vidoes attempting to show the "annoying ping", but then again, I can't stand having even a single dead pixel on my displays, so I get the frustration at something having a chance of arriving in a state that's not acceptable to you and the manufacturer and retailers not giving a damn since it's within manufacturers "tolerances". 

Have you perhaps considered Topre? Never heard of one of them pinging. Maybe someone with experience with Alps can chime in about them, too.
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #32 on: Wed, 11 June 2014, 15:38:52 »

I guess you should stay clear of Cherry MX then, or buy a modded or custom board that has lubed springs.

To be honest, I've never heard a board pinging loudly enough to bother me in the slightest, even in youtube vidoes attempting to show the "annoying ping", but then again, I can't stand having even a single dead pixel on my displays, so I get the frustration at something having a chance of arriving in a state that's not acceptable to you and the manufacturer and retailers not giving a damn since it's within manufacturers "tolerances". 

Have you perhaps considered Topre? Never heard of one of them pinging. Maybe someone with experience with Alps can chime in about them, too.

Topre's don't ping they 'whoosh' :p

Offline gir489

« Reply #33 on: Wed, 11 June 2014, 15:53:26 »

My Shine Zero also pinged. Every key. It's because it's plate mounted. So if one spring pings, they all ping. It has something to do with the resonance.

This video demonstrates the ping better since he has a way better mic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1OwLc-JLV10#t=655

Turn up the volume, you can hear the ping after every key press.

Get a PCB mounted keyboard, they're 100% superior to Duckys.

I have a Deck Legend with MX Clears. It's amazing. Totally recommend the Clears over Browns. The bump is more pronounced on the clears.

This is the only video on the Deck Legend I can find:
It's pretty ****ty, but it demos the features of the keyboard. The best thing I love about the keyboard, is if you turn off the LEDs, all of the LEDs go off, including the NUM lock LED.
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 June 2014, 15:58:14 by gir489 »

Offline Darwin

« Reply #34 on: Wed, 11 June 2014, 16:34:55 »
Have you perhaps considered Topre?
Yep, definitely looking into CM Novatouch option, when it releases. It will be expensive though.. And no LEDs, no reactive mode..:( Still, if I don't find any other option, I will probably grab one of these babies..

Get a PCB mounted keyboard, they're 100% superior to Duckys.
I already own a PCB mounted one.. At least I think it is... Hovewer, it's almost 30 years young. ;D It's Cherry G80-1000 with MX blacks... Been using it for 15 years and never heard one single ping or nothing...

That's why I thought it's time to move on and see what's out there, only to be traumatized by this Ducky.. Which was amazing really, if not for this pinging nonsense..

I have a Deck Legend with MX Clears. It's amazing. Totally recommend the Clears over Browns. The bump is more pronounced on the clears.
Thing is, you cannot get it in Europe.. Apparently... Especially since I want an ISO layout (UK or DE) with big enter key...

Deck hassium looks a peach, indeed.. :P

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #35 on: Wed, 11 June 2014, 17:16:04 »
Doesn't the Deck have really awful ping? I think I read that somewhere.

I just got a KUL, and it doesn't ping at all... It's pretty scary.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #36 on: Wed, 11 June 2014, 20:28:24 »
Also don't deck boards all have plates?

And I'm pretty sure the zero boards are Ducky's budget line. The 2 ducky shines (shine 2 with clears and shine 3 with blacks) I have are solid boards, no ping.
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 June 2014, 21:05:00 by SpAmRaY »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #37 on: Wed, 11 June 2014, 20:52:18 »
both the zero boards and the shine boards have horrible ping issues in my experience

and yes, all the deck boards are plate mounted. The legend I used didn't ping, and I've not heard anything about the, having exceptional ping issues.

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #38 on: Wed, 11 June 2014, 22:19:56 »
Pinging is all in the switches. I have PCB mount reds that pings horribly.

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #39 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 02:56:01 »
Pinging is all in the switches. I have PCB mount reds that pings horribly.

^^This. And mounting a dampener under the PCB can help, but it doesn't cure it. The only cure is a good lubing. I suppose it's something the Cherry factory could do during assembly (they already lube the legs of the sliders), but they've been making them so long and I guess so few people complain to them about it that they won't change their process just for that. Some people may even like the ping.... And the type of people who are bothered by it are most likely the type of people who will end up modding their boards in some way and can then deal with it themselves.

I tend to mod the heck out of my switches (trampoline mod, latex mod, lubing, stickering, swapping springs if they're Clears), so that may be one reason it doesn't bother me, I know I can sort it out if I need to.

You may fit in the in between group who are bothered by it, but don't want to take your board apart to fix it... May be best to get a different type of board then. Or shop around in the Classifieds for a "certified" ping-free board (lubed by a previous owner for instance).
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline timzen

• http://www.mechanische-tastatur.de/
« Reply #40 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 09:44:07 »
I have a new Ducky Shine 3 with MX Reds and the switches *Ping* when i install O-Rings.

They do NOT *Ping* without.

Is there any reasonable explanation for this?

Offline saturnotaku

« Reply #41 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 09:59:46 »
What type of o-rings have you installed?

Offline timzen

« Reply #42 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 10:02:36 »

O-Ring 05,0 x 2,0 mm NBR 70° +/- 5° Shore A

I've tried the same O-Rings in 1,5mm thickness and it is the same.

Offline Lpwl

• lpwl.bigcartel.com
    • My O-ring Store
« Reply #43 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 10:18:11 »

O-Ring 05,0 x 2,0 mm NBR 70° +/- 5° Shore A

I've tried the same O-Rings in 1,5mm thickness and it is the same.

Because 70A is like really hard.

You should try some soft O-rings ... but yeah it's more expensive than some $2 O-rings bought from ebay / mcmaster or amazon.

If you are interested, take a look : here.
« Last Edit: Fri, 25 July 2014, 10:49:20 by Lpwl »

Offline pbtforever

« Reply #44 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 10:25:21 »
My Filco doesn't ping.

Offline Darwin

« Reply #45 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 10:44:57 »
Just to give you guys an update..

Bought a new Ducky, this time Ducky Premier, and it does not ping, or more precisely, it obviously does ping if you put your ear right next to it, but it is otherwise not noticeable, so it's normal..

So at the end of the day, pinging is a design flaw - or better yet - a production flaw...  Some batches here and there simply have this very loud and annoying ping, which usually affects only certain keys, not the whole board equally.. And if you haven't experienced it, you probably cannot even imagine how bad this issue can be...

Offline timzen

« Reply #46 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 11:07:52 »
Quote from: Lpwl

Because 70A is like really hard.

You should try some soft O-rings ... but yeah it's more expensive than some $2 O-rings bought from ebay / mcmaster or amazon.

If you are interested, take a look : here.

Cheers, I'll try this.

Offline Skull_Angel

« Reply #47 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 11:27:45 »
Just to give you guys an update..

Bought a new Ducky, this time Ducky Premier, and it does not ping, or more precisely, it obviously does ping if you put your ear right next to it, but it is otherwise not noticeable, so it's normal..

So at the end of the day, pinging is a design flaw - or better yet - a production flaw...  Some batches here and there simply have this very loud and annoying ping, which usually affects only certain keys, not the whole board equally.. And if you haven't experienced it, you probably cannot even imagine how bad this issue can be...

It's not really a flaw; it does not effect the switch's ability to activate, nor does it have any impact on it's longevity. The Cherry MX switches were not designed with silent operation in mind, but users have found ways to mod them so that they are very near silent. I suggest you look into modding your switches if you are unhappy with the noise they make but are unwilling to part with the keyboard.

Offline Justintoxicated

« Reply #48 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 12:53:09 »
I never really heard a ping from my blackbird with browns, but I could hear it when I got a tt poseidon.  At least I think I heard what you are talking about.  Between that and the crappy stabilizers I returned it.

Try a silenced topre, they don't ping they just thock.  :)

Offline timzen

« Reply #49 on: Sat, 02 August 2014, 06:56:35 »
The softer O-Rings sure helped with the pinging. It is almost gone. Cheers.