Author Topic: Defense Grid 2  (Read 1460 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Defense Grid 2
« on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 15:54:29 »
Solid so far..

Upgrade towers.. +  Boost Hub upgrade.. the hub thing that goes under a tower.. so M0ar upgrades basically..

Graphics atm sux, they didn't finish the lighting i think... pretty gpu intensive for what it is..

70831-0

4000 beta keys left.. get yours here

http://na.alienwarearena.com/giveaways/defense-grid-2-closed-beta-key-giveaway

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
Re: Defense Grid 2
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 16:00:11 »
looks lame as heck
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline Xenderwind

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 16:00:57 »
Looks really bad graphics wise...but i guess ill try it.  I really like tower defenses but the last one I can think of that I enjoyed was defenders quest.
GON NS 87 62g clears, QFR 62g clears, Pure 65g blues, HHKB Pro II

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 16:06:12 »
Looks really bad graphics wise...but i guess ill try it.  I really like tower defenses but the last one I can think of that I enjoyed was defenders quest.

the regular defense grid is AS good as defenders quest....  This new one is in Beta.. Graphics suck as of beta, I know

I don't see anything super new about the genre.. they did add this multi level thing.. where new portions of the level opens up mid game..  but I find that confusing.. and unnecessary..

Offline Xenderwind

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 16:22:34 »

the regular defense grid is AS good as defenders quest....  This new one is in Beta.. Graphics suck as of beta, I know

I don't see anything super new about the genre.. they did add this multi level thing.. where new portions of the level opens up mid game..  but I find that confusing.. and unnecessary..
I havent played DG1.  Just tried DG2 and holy **** you werent kidding about gpu intensity.  My old 6950 was up to 90C with fans at 100% at 1440p.  It took me a little to understand what those "upgrade" things were from the commander tower(extra ramp thing and moving platforms?) but I thought it was kind of cool...but also as you said, unnecessary.  Really wish there was an options menu at all.  Even if its just to like change volume or something.
GON NS 87 62g clears, QFR 62g clears, Pure 65g blues, HHKB Pro II

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 18:00:00 »

I havent played DG1.  Just tried DG2 and holy **** you werent kidding about gpu intensity.  My old 6950 was up to 90C with fans at 100% at 1440p.  It took me a little to understand what those "upgrade" things were from the commander tower(extra ramp thing and moving platforms?) but I thought it was kind of cool...but also as you said, unnecessary.  Really wish there was an options menu at all.  Even if its just to like change volume or something.

70856-0

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 18:05:10 »
I'll bite. Played the first for quite a few hours.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 22:27:19 »
Heard the game is good. My roommate has been playing it the past few days. I can hear him yelling about the lag :))

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 04:53:10 »
Heard the game is good. My roommate has been playing it the past few days. I can hear him yelling about the lag :))

i think i should be pretty solid fun once full release....  I really do not like the boost pedestals though.. if you put one on the outside, it seems to block towers behind it.. that's stupid.. and unnecessary... there's no gooood reason to complicate the dps equation with this..