Author Topic: Recruiting for scrub CS:GO team  (Read 181592 times)

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
Re: Recruiting for scrub CS:GO team
« Reply #1150 on: Sun, 12 June 2016, 20:05:19 »
Really ?

No one on Geekhack haz a 4.7ghz 6700k ? 
Show Image

not me

if you are asking about tutorials then probably:
https://www.youtube.com/user/CurseCS

there is also warowl. New csgo players usually watch his videos and I guess they help. Just playing and figuring out what exactly you are doing wrong and right is usually the best way to go about it though. Also watching pro matches on twitch helps as well.

Playing faceit would probably be less intimidating than playing matchmaking as well since most people usually mess around on faceit. MM is usually aids since people are so worried about their ranks, calling others cheaters, 64 tick, and everything else. Only problem is the games are usually pretty one sided on faceit like a team of low gold novas against dmg-lems. Then cevo is usually higher tier than that and the games are usually more balanced (usually people around MGE-DMG rank I would say). Then esea for the highest tier players.

Offline Sniping

« Reply #1151 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 05:28:52 »
Could someone recommend some good professional play videos to get started on..

Are you trying to improve your play?

If so, this video is really good for learning how to spray well:

Watch the video, absorb a few tips, and then practice in a DM match or a FFA server with AK/M4, and repeat.

You can also just spend time watching twitch streams and learn what they do and why they do the things that they do in a match. Also make sure you're playing on 1.6 brightness (max) if you aren't already.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #1152 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 06:36:45 »

Watch the video, absorb a few tips, and then practice in a DM match or a FFA server with AK/M4, and repeat.

You can also just spend time watching twitch streams and learn what they do and why they do the things that they do in a match. Also make sure you're playing on 1.6 brightness (max) if you aren't already.

how do I make the red dots come out ?

Offline Sniping

« Reply #1153 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 13:33:33 »

how do I make the red dots come out ?

Forgot the command so I had to look it up just now, but I'm pretty sure it's sv_showimpacts 1. I don't think it's necessary, but I guess you can give it a try if you think that it'd help you. For me, it's just a distraction.

Offline slickmamba

« Reply #1154 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 13:47:56 »
Is anyone playing csgo with a 4.7, 4.8 ghz using an intel 6700k

Are you getting consistently ~500 fps ?

I am considering getting into z170, because my 4790 and both 3xxx are doing other things.. I only have a 2600 and 2500 for games.. and they're stuck at ~350fps

im on my 2600k and r290x getting around 200-300 ill  upgrade next year to the new i7 tho
Hi :)

Offline nugglets

« Reply #1155 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 15:48:39 »

That n0thing video is really good. I like pretty much everything natosaphix puts out, too. Here's his aim guide:

There are a couple of sites that are great free resources, too. These spray pattern gifs have been very helpful for newer players in the past: http://csgoskills.com/academy/spray-patterns/

This is one of many, many sites that can teach you good smokes and pop-flashes: http://www.thewarmup.net/

This is another site about grenades, but what I love is they have servers setup with some cool features specifically made to help you practice the nades. Check out their server page and watch the video for an explanation of how they work. It's really, really cool. http://operationl2p.com/

I also highly recommend aim maps, which I think I mentioned earlier in this thread. They can be a huge help.
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 June 2016, 15:50:50 by nugglets »

Offline blighty

« Reply #1156 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 10:20:53 »

I am considering getting into z170, because my 4790 and both 3xxx are doing other things.. I only have a 2600 and 2500 for games.. and they're stuck at ~350fps

I'm using a 6700k with a g-sync'd GTX980 to 75hz/fps locked @ 1080p all settings max.  Never dips.    On fallout 4 for example, with settings set to ultra across the board, in hectic areas fps sometimes drops from 75 to low 40s fps.    I know it's not exactly what you wanted to know...
LZ ergo (MX silent red) | JER - A06 (MX silent black-red springs) | Duck Lightsaver V2 (MX red) | Duck Octagon V2 (gateron clear) (lifted pads) | Duck Orion V2 (gateron red) | TKC 1800 (gateron silent reds) | Mistel MD770 (MX red with GMK silencing clips) | Realforce R2TSLA-US4-IV | Realforce R2TLSA-US4-BK | TX 75 (gateron clear) | KBDFANS 75 ("vintage" MX blues) | Kinesis Freestyle Pro (MX red) | MS Surface Ergonomic | MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL (MX black) | Phantom (Filco case) ("vintage" MX blacks | Spr1t 75% PCB x 2 (MX black and gateron clear) | Cherry G80-1865 (MX browns with black springs)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1157 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 11:31:34 »

I'm using a 6700k with a g-sync'd GTX980 to 75hz/fps locked @ 1080p all settings max.  Never dips.    On fallout 4 for example, with settings set to ultra across the board, in hectic areas fps sometimes drops from 75 to low 40s fps.    I know it's not exactly what you wanted to know...

Could you overclock to ~4.7ghz and test it with These settings ?

using the following settings..

1920x1080
All low Video settings in CSGO
No Antialiasing
16x Anisotropic
FXAA off

---Important---
Windows Powersetting- Maximum performance 100% minimum core speed

Unparked Cpu core

Timer-resolution maximum 0.488

http://www.coderbag.com/programming-c/disable-cpu-core-parking-utility

http://www.lucashale.com/timer-resolution/

Offline blighty

« Reply #1158 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 18:12:49 »

Could you overclock to ~4.7ghz and test it with These settings ?

using the following settings..

1920x1080
All low Video settings in CSGO
No Antialiasing
16x Anisotropic
FXAA off

---Important---
Windows Powersetting- Maximum performance 100% minimum core speed

Unparked Cpu core

Timer-resolution maximum 0.488

http://www.coderbag.com/programming-c/disable-cpu-core-parking-utility

http://www.lucashale.com/timer-resolution/

I don't want to stress my laptop that hard.  I have a slight undervolt set, and I get stable 4.1ish.  But, at 1080p, with all settings low, fps hung between 350 to 550?
LZ ergo (MX silent red) | JER - A06 (MX silent black-red springs) | Duck Lightsaver V2 (MX red) | Duck Octagon V2 (gateron clear) (lifted pads) | Duck Orion V2 (gateron red) | TKC 1800 (gateron silent reds) | Mistel MD770 (MX red with GMK silencing clips) | Realforce R2TSLA-US4-IV | Realforce R2TLSA-US4-BK | TX 75 (gateron clear) | KBDFANS 75 ("vintage" MX blues) | Kinesis Freestyle Pro (MX red) | MS Surface Ergonomic | MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL (MX black) | Phantom (Filco case) ("vintage" MX blacks | Spr1t 75% PCB x 2 (MX black and gateron clear) | Cherry G80-1865 (MX browns with black springs)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1159 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 18:32:57 »

I don't want to stress my laptop that hard.  I have a slight undervolt set, and I get stable 4.1ish.  But, at 1080p, with all settings low, fps hung between 350 to 550?

Laptop?

Is this one of those Eurocom laptops ?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1160 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 18:43:32 »
Does anyone play in  Borderless window mode?

It seems to preserve vsync (desktop composition) WITHOUT back pressuring the engine..

Now, I know that fundamentally, this would add input lag because it's rendering to Desktop Composition,

But,  It feels significantly better than vsync in terms of smoothness, and there is no screen tearing.

Offline blighty

« Reply #1161 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 19:15:49 »

Laptop?

It's a different branded version of a model Eurocom offers (i think), the Sager NP9870-G / Clevo P870DM-G.  It's a decent desktop replacement.   As far as I can tell, no screen tearing with or without g-sync enabled.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1162 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 19:22:25 »

Laptop?

It's a different branded version of a model Eurocom offers (i think), the Sager NP9870-G / Clevo P870DM-G.  It's a decent desktop replacement.   As far as I can tell, no screen tearing with or without g-sync enabled.

no screen tearing in full screen mode ? or fullscreen windowed mode

Offline blighty

« Reply #1163 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 19:24:29 »

Laptop?

no screen tearing in full screen mode ? or fullscreen windowed mode

Full screen, playing on onboard 1080p IPS monitor (75hz). 

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1164 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 19:31:27 »

With vsync disabled, you can't get no tearing in fullscreen mode..

The tearing is just very close together, so it looks smooth..

Offline blighty

« Reply #1165 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 19:45:37 »
With vsync disabled, you can't get no tearing in fullscreen mode..
Show Image

The tearing is just very close together, so it looks smooth..

That's good enough for me.  So far, any game i've thrown at it looks and plays nice at max settings, so it works.  Mobile a/v editing with option to game.  :)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1166 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 22:14:14 »
Sifo has graciously shared his config file

Tp4 can feelz the immense power channeling through the Autoexec.cfg..

It is almost overwhelming..

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #1168 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 22:21:23 »
Also, how does the weekly xp bonus work ?
It is a multiplier to boost your XP earned on each match. Once you hit the limit (IDK off the top of my head) you no longer get the xp boost and if you keep going you get an XP reduced multiplier. Its all just there so you cannot level up a ton each week and get really high service medal levels. You can usually get 2-3 levels up per week if you play a lot but once you get the reduced multiplier it is almost impossible to level up. You end up getting like 20-50xp a match and each level is 5000 xp so yea.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1169 on: Wed, 15 June 2016, 14:28:11 »
It is a multiplier to boost your XP earned on each match. Once you hit the limit (IDK off the top of my head) you no longer get the xp boost and if you keep going you get an XP reduced multiplier. Its all just there so you cannot level up a ton each week and get really high service medal levels. You can usually get 2-3 levels up per week if you play a lot but once you get the reduced multiplier it is almost impossible to level up. You end up getting like 20-50xp a match and each level is 5000 xp so yea.

is there any particular use to the xp  beyond unlocking competitive mode..

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #1170 on: Wed, 15 June 2016, 14:35:41 »

is there any particular use to the xp  beyond unlocking competitive mode..
Service medels for each year + one skin drop per week on rankup. Other than that no

Offline clacktalk

• CLACKS RULE EVERYTHING AROUND ME
  • circa 2015
« Reply #1171 on: Wed, 15 June 2016, 18:39:06 »
meow meow meowm ewo

just eat up all the tips that kaptain kommander katz kan spare

and you'll be on your way to the proleague
diary of a clacktalk

franktalk: how much urine have u spilled
radio_killah: too much frank
radio_killah: too much

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1172 on: Thu, 16 June 2016, 16:40:24 »
Question .

Do Pro players use multiple DPIs ?

Cuz Let's say I got der' AWP..

It's fine at a distance to use 800dpi..   but then, if I try to go around a corner with it.. 800dpi is clunky and sometimes I can't turn fast enough and will get dead..

So,  when I'm going around corners and into a close encounter, I feel more comfortable at 1200dpi.. 

But then I can't do long distance shots very accurately with the 1200dpi ..

Offline drewba

« Reply #1173 on: Thu, 16 June 2016, 17:06:07 »
Question .

It's fine at a distance to use 800dpi..   but then, if I try to go around a corner with it.. 800dpi is clunky and sometimes I can't turn fast enough and will get dead..

So,  when I'm going around corners and into a close encounter, I feel more comfortable at 1200dpi.. 

If you watch any good awpers they stay scoped and quickly lift their mouse (presumably on their giant mousepad) and turn 90 degrees to post on a different angle. Check out DaZeD or Adren on twitch, one of them will be streaming most nights.

If you have extra buttons on your mouse this should be easy to setup with your mouse software (at least it is with Logitech). The problem I'm foreseeing is if you fatfinger the button or don't have time to hit your mouse button after uncscoping you're probably dead. Alternatively you can adjust your zoom sensitivity, IIRC the command is cl_zoom_sensitivity_ratio NUMBER. The default should be cl_zoom_sensitivity_ratio 1
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 June 2016, 17:12:11 by drewba »

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #1174 on: Thu, 16 June 2016, 17:09:20 »
Question .

No, I dont think any pro player swaps dpi. Pro sensitivities are all over the place tbh and I hesitate to even say that pros sensitivities match their roles, but to and extent it does. Some use low dpi because they are the awpers and are usually just holding angles and trying to be as consistent as possible, and they usually aren't the ones entering sites. Riflers will sometimes use higher dpis because they have to enter sites, clear corners, and everything like that. This isn't always the case though so just use the sensitivity that you like. I like low sensitivity myself so my edpi is 650.

Here is a spreadsheet. I don't think it is up to date but it at least gives you an idea.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UaM765-S515ibLyPaBtMnBz7xiao0HL5f-F1zk_CSF4/edit

Offline nugglets

« Reply #1175 on: Fri, 17 June 2016, 00:49:35 »
Question .

If you watch any good awpers they stay scoped and quickly lift their mouse (presumably on their giant mousepad) and turn 90 degrees to post on a different angle. Check out DaZeD or Adren on twitch, one of them will be streaming most nights.

If you have extra buttons on your mouse this should be easy to setup with your mouse software (at least it is with Logitech). The problem I'm foreseeing is if you fatfinger the button or don't have time to hit your mouse button after uncscoping you're probably dead. Alternatively you can adjust your zoom sensitivity, IIRC the command is cl_zoom_sensitivity_ratio NUMBER. The default should be cl_zoom_sensitivity_ratio 1

This. Adjust your zoom sensitivity.

I'm sure there are some pros that do a little bit of everything weird you can imagine, like swag using mouse acceleration, but changing dpi's (even with the mouse toggles) is certainly not ideal.
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 June 2016, 00:53:48 by nugglets »

Offline clacktalk

• circa 2015
« Reply #1176 on: Fri, 17 June 2016, 16:15:40 »
Question .

you need a bigger mousepad and need to be more comfortable flailing it around
diary of a clacktalk

Offline KatzenKinder

• * Maker
« Reply #1177 on: Fri, 17 June 2016, 16:43:08 »
alright lemme gives u some tips since I'm extra pr0 now

only 2 viable guns in the game, mag 7 and r8

path to success

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #1178 on: Fri, 17 June 2016, 16:45:14 »

path to success
Especially with the mag 7 sound buff now. Man is it OP. KNOCK KNOCK

Offline clacktalk

• circa 2015
« Reply #1179 on: Fri, 17 June 2016, 16:54:12 »

path to success

protip after protip
diary of a clacktalk

Offline drewba

« Reply #1180 on: Fri, 17 June 2016, 16:55:00 »

path to success

I didn't read the patch notes well enough. So when I hopped in to matchmaking last night I thought my game was broken because CT spawn sounded like a motorcycle gang because they were spamming M249s

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #1181 on: Fri, 17 June 2016, 17:25:06 »

path to success

I didn't read the patch notes well enough. So when I hopped in to matchmaking last night I thought my game was broken because CT spawn sounded like a motorcycle gang because they were spamming M249s
the new negev sound is kind of amazing tho

Offline KatzenKinder

• * Maker
« Reply #1182 on: Fri, 17 June 2016, 19:42:05 »
u guys should join my covert gombling group

i cannot lose

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • hickneller.com
« Reply #1183 on: Fri, 17 June 2016, 19:44:38 »
hi i am bad at csgo

Offline clacktalk

• circa 2015
« Reply #1184 on: Mon, 20 June 2016, 13:05:02 »
hi i am bad at csgo

hi bad at csgo i'm not ur dad

i cannot lose

rest in pieces

better edit this post
diary of a clacktalk

Offline KatzenKinder

• * Maker
« Reply #1185 on: Mon, 20 June 2016, 13:05:53 »
hi i am bad at csgo

i cannot lose

rest in pieces

better edit this post

no, if I net profit today I'm still good :v

Offline KatzenKinder

• * Maker
Recruiting for scrub CS:GO team
« Reply #1186 on: Tue, 21 June 2016, 01:31:46 »
hi i am bad at csgo

i cannot lose

rest in pieces

better edit this post

no, if I net profit today I'm still good :v

???

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #1187 on: Fri, 30 December 2016, 08:48:39 »
Soz for necroing, but is anyone in on playing some CS during the week after new years?  ;D
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline Altis

« Reply #1188 on: Wed, 04 January 2017, 00:28:56 »
Soz for necroing, but is anyone in on playing some CS during the week after new years?  ;D

I installed the game over the holidays, played some Demo and Comp. 2/3 games had blatant hackers (spinbots, etc). Uninstalled already.  :rolleyes:
WhiteFox (Gateron Brown) -- Realforce 87U 45g -- Realforce 104UG (Hi Pro 45g) -- Realforce 108US 30g JIS -- HHKB Pro 2 -- IBM Model M ('90) -- IBM Model M SSK ('87) -- NMB RT-101 & RT-8255C+ (Hi-Tek Space Invaders) -- Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blue Alps) -- KPT-102 (KPT Alps) -- KUL ES-87 (62/65g Purple Zealios) -- CM QFR (MX Red) -- Apple Aluminum BT -- Realforce 23u Numpad -- Logitech K740 -- QSENN DT-35 -- Zenith Z-150 (Green Alps)

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #1189 on: Wed, 04 January 2017, 09:57:36 »
I haven't played CounterStrike in years but I've been meaning to get back into it.  Joined as "drool" :thumb:
-Dana

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #1190 on: Tue, 11 December 2018, 07:49:31 »
Necro I know but some CS with GH should be fun :D

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #1191 on: Tue, 11 December 2018, 10:44:55 »
I'd be down to play again sometime

Offline Mechboards

• * Vendor
  • Mechboards UK
    • Mechboards
« Reply #1192 on: Tue, 11 December 2018, 11:22:48 »
Yea I could with EU people.

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #1193 on: Tue, 11 December 2018, 21:58:16 »
Let's play CSGO sometime soon people  :-*

I'm so used to playing with all my friends in the UK, 150 ping feels normal. I'm a broken man.

Offline slickmamba

« Reply #1194 on: Tue, 11 December 2018, 22:59:44 »
whos ready to get rekt?

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • hickneller.com
« Reply #1195 on: Tue, 11 December 2018, 23:07:43 »
Hi I'm bad at csgo

Offline slickmamba

« Reply #1196 on: Tue, 11 December 2018, 23:13:21 »
Hi I'm bad at csgo
hi bad at csgo I think clacktalk is your dad

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #1197 on: Wed, 12 December 2018, 00:22:49 »
Necro I know but some CS with GH should be fun :D

As long as it’s not battle royale style, I’ll be a baddy for you any day

Offline DJSwayde

« Reply #1198 on: Wed, 12 December 2018, 08:58:12 »
Might have to play a little now that it's free.
Mains: Bakers CL64 (silver)   |   CannonKeys Bakeneko60 (black)   |   Carolina Mech Palmetto (black)   |   LSJ Ares (silver)   |   LZ CLS h (silver)   |   Monokei Kei R1 (standard red, HHKB)   |   PFU Limited HHKB Pro 1 (PD-KB300BN)   |   PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 (PD-KB400B)   |   PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 Type-S (PD-KB400WS)   |   SINGAKBD x TGR Unikorn R1 (black)   |   Weaston GSKT-00 R1 (gray [re-anodized silver, HHKB])   |   Weaston GSKT-00-Z (silver, AEK HHKB)

Alps: Apple Extended Keyboard II (M3501, Taiwanese)   |   Apple Standard Keyboard (M0116, US)   |   Dell AT101 (GYI3PVAT101, US)    |   IBM Multistation 5556-001 (Chinese)   |   IBM P70 (ANSI-US, 06-89)   |   MET Micro Officer 6000 (R315-00)   |   SGI AT-101 "Beige"   |   Zenith Data Systems TurbosPORT 386
Cherry: G80-3000LPCXY-2 #1   |   G80-3000LPCXY-2 #2   |   G80-3485LWNUS #1 (Das Keyboard II)   |   G80-3485LWNUS #2 (Das Keyboard II)   |   G81-1281SAW (Zenith Data Systems)   |   G81-3000SAT   |   G81-3090SAQ (Schneider)   |   G81-3100SEBUS
Topre: PFU Limited HHKB Blank (charcoal [PD-KB300BN])   |   PFU Limited HHKB Printed (charcoal [PD-KB400B])   |   PFU Limited HHKB Printed (gray [PD-KB400WS])   |   Realforce 91UDK-G (NG02B0)   |   Realforce 103UB (SE42B0)   |   Realforce Taiwanese kit (dark gray)   |   Sony BKE-9400A   |   Sony MKS-8050

Collection

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #1199 on: Wed, 12 December 2018, 09:00:03 »
Heck yea! This thread be poppin