Author Topic: What words or phrases do you hate?  (Read 22646 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: What words or phrases do you hate?
« Reply #200 on: Wed, 14 January 2015, 04:17:01 »
Most anything following 'cis__' or 'pan__' or '__kin' or any variation on the word shim, sher, **** whatever.

what?

There arn't that many common words that follow cis that you could possibly be seeing often enough to hate..

All I've ever used were Cisco and Cistern..

The only other Cis- word I know is Cissoid from geometry.

Pan... panorama ? pancakes ? pandemic ? panic ?   what's wrong with pan?

Kin.. pumpkin.. buskin.. napkin.. --skin..

Ur h8 is irrational... 

He's talking about those feminazi's who crap on about that cis-gender rubbish.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cisgender

I get it's a thing, it doesn't offend me, just shut the **** up.

I'm confused.. I read that first wiki paragraph 4 times.. now.. so cisgender means you - Match the -assigned- gender..

that just means you're normal right?

What are the femanazi's saying about that.
My understanding is were not allowed to say male and female anymore in case we offend transgender people. Load of PC ****in nonsense.

I believe  being Politically-Correct  is objectively good, if you can REMAIN objective..

However,  if the PC-card is pulled emotionally/ triggered by emotion, as may be the case with Nturtle's obnoxious females, then the resolution should be to stop talking to this person, because she has clearly delved into some misguided form of self-affirmation rather than sense..

Still... .. hrmm...  I used to get MAD at these people, but when I think about it.... My own skill in objectivity hadn't always been firm.. and it took a large amount of self learning and awareness to become the Machine I am proud of being..

So perhaps again, here, we could say it's unnecessary to despair the collective which is not-YET on the same track..

Perhaps they will be one day.. or they will die..  either-way that's what you're waiting for is it not ?

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #201 on: Wed, 14 January 2015, 14:46:26 »
My best friend is currently going MTF with HRT. I absolutely hate the whole feminazi tumblrina bull****, and I don't know how she feels about it. Oh well...
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #202 on: Wed, 14 January 2015, 15:54:37 »
wait.  is this verbal or written stuff we're complaining about?

written, I hate:

.  And

also, one space after a period.  it's TWO spaces after an end of sentence period.  if you use ONE period, it means that previous word is an abbreviation/truncation of some sort.  eg. Mr. (one space)

This is why you're wrong.  Yes, I still do it, but it's not proper typing.  Double spacing after a period is a leftover relic from typewriters and from college kids who think that those extra few spaces will make their paper longer.  Two spaces isn't necessary because one is enough with modern typography, kerning, and spacing to accurately show that there is a large enough gap between the two to properly break sentences.

I still prefer the double space since I think it looks nicer and is easier to read even though it can be a bit much sometimes.  Even so, I know I'm wrong when I do it.

I had a TA take points off my labs if I double spaced them...  :|  It was obviously pretty easy to adjust and was not the end of the world, but it was odd.

nice try but no dice.

I think it's more a question of what's "proper", not what makes more sense.  So while your points are excellent, and I continue to use double spaces, the "proper"/original way was single spaces. 

* HoffmanMyster shrugs.

Most anything following 'cis__' or 'pan__' or '__kin' or any variation on the word shim, sher, **** whatever.

The chemist in me doesn't like cis and trans having negative connotations.  :(

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #203 on: Wed, 14 January 2015, 15:58:18 »
My best friend is currently going MTF with HRT. I absolutely hate the whole feminazi tumblrina bull****, and I don't know how she feels about it. Oh well...

I'd think it'd be nice if we actually had a Feminazi on our board...

Keeping things interesting.. though..

she'd be severely out numbered here.. HAHAHAHA...

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #204 on: Wed, 14 January 2015, 16:04:30 »

Don't you think we have enough trolls already..? ;)
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #205 on: Wed, 14 January 2015, 16:33:58 »

Don't you think we have enough trolls already..? ;)

Tp4 Troll level = Sage...   so much troll power that it has evolved into worthwhile information..