Author Topic: Help with BSOD  (Read 1822 times)

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
Help with BSOD
« on: Mon, 17 November 2014, 15:59:14 »
Ok, so a while ago I asked for advice on new RAM becasue my current RAM was giving me BSOD's. Turns out the RAM wasn't the problem as I'm still getting issues with the new RAM. I'm getting the same BSOD's I got before (I can't take a picture as it happens too fast). Here is the dump from the Problem Signature Windows generates when my machine reboots;

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   BlueScreen
  OS Version:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID:   2057

Additional information about the problem:
  BCCode:   d1
  BCP1:   0000000000000F33
  BCP2:   000000000000000D
  BCP3:   0000000000000008
  BCP4:   0000000000000F33
  OS Version:   6_1_7601
  Service Pack:   1_0
  Product:   768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
  C:\Windows\Minidump\111714-11637-01.dmp
  C:\Windows\Temp\WER-13369-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

I've checked to make sure the RAM is plugged in properly and in the right slots for the configuration. I also checked to make sure I had bought the right RAM.
A friend of mine seems to think that my GFX card is dying or already dead but I'm not really sure... any help anything would be a huge help, I'm at a loss..

PC Specs;
Processor - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz
Motherboard - ASUS P5N-E SLI
Operating System - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Video Card - AMD Radeon HD 6970
« Last Edit: Mon, 17 November 2014, 16:00:57 by baldgye »

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
Re: Help with BSOD
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 17 November 2014, 16:03:33 »
If there is the possibility of a dying gfx card, can't you remove the card and see if you get the same results? Im guessing you have some form of integrated graphics?
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 17 November 2014, 16:14:13 »
If there is the possibility of a dying gfx card, can't you remove the card and see if you get the same results? Im guessing you have some form of integrated graphics?

First gen i7's didn't have integrated gpus.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 17 November 2014, 16:56:07 »
Ok, so thanks for the fast responses, after running RealTemp and Prime 95 (two instances off) it seemed that the actual problem was my CPU getting too hot, as before I spent 20-30mins cleaning it out, I got another BSOD after running 2xPrime95 for 5mins and my core got to 90C... its been running for 20mins and so far hasn't broken 80C without a crash.

Will update later but I think I managed to solve it lol

Ok, so after 25-30 mins of two instances of Prime95 running my machine BSOD'd again. I didn't see the temp's rise to anything like 90C :/
« Last Edit: Mon, 17 November 2014, 17:00:39 by baldgye »

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 17 November 2014, 17:07:41 »
Ok, now I'm getting gfx artifacts on my desktop...

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 17 November 2014, 17:21:21 »

I think that solves this mystery...
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 17 November 2014, 17:31:15 »

I think that solves this mystery...

Yeah, except now I'm running FurMark, my GPU is at 99% (and has been for over 12mins now) and my machine is fine, no artifacts, temp is averaging just over 80c and no problems so far :/

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 17 November 2014, 17:46:28 »
I should note, that the artifacting that I posted about was the first instance of it I've seen on my machine. Been running FurMark for 27mins now and GPU hasn't risen above 86C and has been at 99% load the whole time.

I'm going to sleep soon, but I'm kind of lost, would a CPU failure give artifacting ?

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 17 November 2014, 17:54:19 »
Did you install anything new or update anything recently?  This crash may be caused by less obvious things such as software like Daemon Tools, Xbox controllers, network adapters...

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 17 November 2014, 17:55:01 »
Make sure ur getting good clean power..

partition off some empty space on a usable drive, and install a fresh copy of win 7 on it with nothing else..  Run stress tests that way..

This is so you can make sure it's not a software error.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 17 November 2014, 17:59:43 »
Did you install anything new or update anything recently?  This crash may be caused by less obvious things such as software like Daemon Tools, Xbox controllers, network adapters...

I've been getting the BSOD for a couple of months, it only got worse really. No new software has been installed though Flash and drivers are always kept as upto date as possible

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 17 November 2014, 18:43:46 »

I've been getting the BSOD for a couple of months, it only got worse really. No new software has been installed though Flash and drivers are always kept as upto date as possible

you don't know that for sure..

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 03:34:27 »
Ok so this morning I had a bit of time to do some googling and tinkering before work.

Might have been just a gfx driver issue. Pretty sure I had updated everything, so I used some software to properly remove all remnants of any old drivers, installed the new ones and after running two instances of Prime95 (the stress testing software that seemed to trigger the bsod) for over 20mins I got zero crashes of errors.
Gona try and do some more stress testing this afternoon while on my break but I'm hoping I've solved it...

Offline blackbox

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 12:40:58 »
Lete hope thats solved it! Drivers are a very common reason for bluescreen as you know.
Keyboards: Dell AT102W (matias standard clicky), Maltron two-hand 3D fully ergonomic keyboard (Vintage MX Black). CM QF XT (MX Grey) IBM model M

The LAN table!
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=62536.0