Author Topic: DO NOT DEAL WITH REPTILE  (Read 10983 times)

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
DO NOT DEAL WITH REPTILE
« on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 09:10:48 »
WARNING: DO NOT DEAL WITH USER: REPTILE

Here is a quick paste of our chats. 2 seperate transactions. I only get angry because I paid for 2 day shipping. If it was first class I would have waited an extra couple days..

Quote from: dustinhxc on Mon, 23 March 2015, 12:13:07

"Hey which Clacks TOPRE do you have? Depth black, p1 purple? 3d?
    How much? $90 for black, $90 for 3d, $150 for p1?

Thanks!"

I have quite a bit:

MX: black, red, 3d, mint green, white, juicyicle, candycorn and octoberfest.

Topre: 3d, indigo blue, black, mint green , candycorn, light blue, white and f2 red and f2 blue

I have others as well but these are what I'm 100% going to sell. You can ask if I have a certain one you're looking for as well and I might consider it. I'll do deals for lots.

Quote from: dustinhxc on Mon, 23 March 2015, 12:29:59
    "Very cool man. Those are some nice ones. I still love your avatar, flawless victory!
    I'm waiting to see if I get this new job this week but for now, would you sell candy corn topre for $100? Is it blank? Or is it skull?

Thanks man!

Dustin"

Its the skull. I have to do $125 for the candy corn.

Well I won't be home until late tonight. I had a person in front of you that just messaged me and DOES want this one now as well. He just bought my vader and he would get first dibs UNLESS I could tell him I got your payment already lol.

So i know you have dealt with me before if you can send payment now you get the guarantee of actually getting it.

Quote from: dustinhxc on Mon, 23 March 2015, 13:14:14
 "Yeah that's cool man, I trust you forsure. So it's the candy corn skull in Topre correct? $125, any more for shipping? Let me know the PayPal address and exact total. Do you have skull or blank in the mx? How much?
    Thanks!

Dustin"

In MX I wasn't planning on selling my candy corn really but I have both skull and blank. If you got all 3 I could do $330 shipped.

« Sent to: Reptile on: Mon, 23 March 2015, 13:24:30 »

"Only if you're fine with letting them go my friend. If you are then I would be honored to do that deal. I appreciate it very much. I'd just have to find a candy corn blank Topre next. Can you ship it USPS priority 2 day? Please let me know the PayPal address. I'll send it right over. Also I'd appreciate if you took a snap of them tonight. ;)"

Thanks man!

Dustin

OK $345 with two day shipping.

Bengrako@gmail.com

« Sent to: Reptile on: Mon, 23 March 2015, 13:38:25 »

"Hey, that is fine, still a good deal and I appreciate it very much Ben! Thanks for working with me!  :cool:
Payment sent, I added extra for any fees as well. Please send a photo later and tracking once you ship, thanks again!

:thumb:

Dustin"

--------------------------

Quote from: dustinhxc on Mon, 23 March 2015, 14:48:52

"Hey, you dont have any buckling spring clacks do you?

How about Jack O Lantern Skull? Thanks!"

I have a jack MX

Quote from: dustinhxc on Mon, 23 March 2015, 15:03:42

" Oh wow, how much are you looking for that one? Those are cool looking, very Halloweenie!"

Quote from: dustinhxc on Tue, 24 March 2015, 09:57:16

" Hey,

Did you get a chance to take a photo of the 4 caps? Also are you shipping today priority?

Thanks man,

Dustin"

I'm getting everything together for my receptionist to ship. I should be able to snap a pic before its good to go.

Quote from: dustinhxc on Wed, 25 March 2015, 17:17:10

" Hey man, just got home from work. Can you please reply? thank you.. I thought I was going to get a photo a couple nights ago. I hope you shipped today so I can get them by Friday.

Thanks,"

Yo sorry it was my birthday yesterday and my girlfriend surprised me and we went out in the afternoon with my coworkers. I had your stuff to the side to snap pics of but it looks like my receptionist packed everything up already. I'll send over the tracking once I speak with her.

Sent to: Reptile on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 15:32:32 »

"Alright, whats going on man? I'm going to open a Paypal Dispute tonight if you dont reply to me with a Tracking Number saying my clacks will be here tomorrow, Saturday.
I bought a clack from a member on Wednesday, I asked for 2 Day Priority Mail which was $5.90 (a few dolars more then First Class) I just got their Clack today. They even sent a photo of their receipt Wednesday! It took 2 Days like it should have, the $5.90 was worth the extra amount for the speediness.

Monday, I bought some clacks from you. I asked for 2 Day shipping from you thinking Id get them Wednesday or Thursday. Friday at the absolute latest from you being busy maybe. You didnt ask for $5.90, you asked for $15. You were giving me a deal with the clacks so I assumed fine, I will pay $15 instead of $5.90. Quote below:
"If you got all 3 I could do $330 shipped. OK $345 with two day shipping."

It is Friday, the clacks still didnt come. I didnt get the photo that you said you would take. I didnt get a tracking number yet. If you are SUPER busy with work, it is understandable. But not even a tracking number or a message saying sorry it will come Saturday or Monday even instead of Thursday or Friday. I dealt with you before and you were a stand up guy so I dont understand whats going on man.

Dustin Gray"

Still no package. Still no word since Wednesday. Still no tracking. Still no photo.

Monday, I bought some cherry mx click clack artisan keycaps from you. I asked for 2 Day shipping from you thinking Id get them Wednesday or Thursday. Friday at the absolute latest from you being busy with Work. You didnt ask for $5.90, you asked for $15. You were giving me a deal with the clacks so I assumed fine, I will pay $15 instead of $5.90. Quote below:
"If you got all 3 I could do $330 shipped. OK $345 with two day shipping."

It is Saturday, the click clacks still didnt come. I didnt get the photo that you said you would take. I didnt get a tracking number yet. I havent gotten a message in 3 days!  If you were SUPER busy with work, it is
understandable. But not even a tracking number or a message saying sorry it will come Monday and Ill refund your shipping cost, instead of Thursday / Friday (Saturday NOW). 

I Need 1 of 2 things:

1: (Preferred choice) I want the items I paid you for.
Send me a tracking number, photo, and refund my shipping, YOU cover 1 day shipping to send, send them!

2. (Not the method I want, since I DO want the items) Refund ASAP

Dustin Gray

------------------------------------------------------

He still never responded to this day.  I sent $570 total to him. THATS A FELONY on his part.

Luckily Paypal stepped in and gave me my money back.

He is LUCKY they stepped in, or I would have gotten the Police involved and he would have a FELONY on his record right now.

DO NOT DEAL WITH REPTILE if he ever comes back.. I doubt he will..

It was very sad to see this happen by a long time member.. I was very depressed for a couple weeks and SUPER STRESSED OUT.  Luckily a couple artisans stepped in and helped me out tremendously.. I appreciate it so much guys..

He has done this to others, hopefully they will step in..

I dont know if this should be in Classifieds or here. Thanks..

EDIT: So he wasnt active since a month ago, I assumed he ran away with all of our money. I just checked and that scumbag lowlife was on here a few days ago!!
https://geekhack.org/index.php?action=profile;u=8408 PLEASE let this post warn people BEFORE they send money or items to him!!!!

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=78825 HEATWARE was positive, he seemed like a great member before.. WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU REPTILE?!  >:D  :'(
« Last Edit: Sat, 25 April 2015, 10:14:29 by dustinhxc »

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
Re: DO NOT DEAL WITH REPTILE
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 09:16:51 »
Hmmm...

How long is the window for paypal disputes?
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 09:18:29 »
That is a shame. Sorry you had to go through that, dustin. Reptile seemed cool a time ago.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 09:19:21 »
Hmmm...

It took me 3 weeks. I was scared every damn night that they wouldnt be able to get the funds from his account somehow.

Offline JinDesu

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 09:19:54 »
Hmmm...

45 days from day of payment. You can always open early, I believe, as it gives them like another 45 days to respond.
Someday somebody will best me, but it won't be today, and it won't be you.

Proud owner of a Filco Majestouch Cherry MX Blue Tenkeyless, KBT Race S, & Realforce 101

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 09:20:04 »
That is a shame. Sorry you had to go through that, dustin. Reptile seemed cool a time ago.

Thanks man, exactly why I trusted him! I thought he was giving amazing prices since we were both well established members not because he didnt actually have the items..  I was going to send as gift even but he didnt send photos so I decided to send goods last minute. Now Im ALWAYS sending goods.. :/

:(

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 09:20:51 »
This isn't the first thing I've heard about him, I saw some other users complaining about him in the Clack Therapy or Post your Clacks thread too.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 09:21:59 »
This isn't the first thing I've heard about him, I saw some other users complaining about him in the Clack Therapy or Post your Clacks thread too.

Oh really? yeah I have had a couple members message me saying it happened to them too! he should have so many felonies.. Such a bummer what people can get away with on the internet.
Hopefully this post will stop anyone from sending as gift or sending a trade item to him.

Offline fknraiden

« Reply #8 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 09:25:22 »
Hmmm...

It took me 3 weeks. I was scared every damn night that they wouldnt be able to get the funds from his account somehow.

he would, and probably did go negative.

IBM SSK 87'     ReAlForce 55g Silent 10AE

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 09:32:04 »
On a side note... I thought you were back to buying up all the candy corns again until I read "Only if you're fine with letting them go my friend." :P
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 09:34:44 »

Oh really? yeah I have had a couple members message me saying it happened to them too! he should have so many felonies.. Such a bummer what people can get away with on the internet.
Hopefully this post will stop anyone from sending as gift or sending a trade item to him.
two geekhackers who posted in Post Your Clack also mentioned him. One of them "bought" 5 CCs as well. What a scumbag. I'm glad you got your money back, Dustin. You're a good guy!

Edit: Oh wow, just checked his Heatware, he has some really good vouch from long-time Geekhackers too. No wonder it's easy to be misled.
« Last Edit: Sat, 25 April 2015, 09:36:25 by Belfong »

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #11 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 09:49:09 »
I support this. He scammed over 3k USD worth of stuff from.me, 1.5k USD in cash that I sent him via Paypal and around 1.5k USD in clack trades which I myself shipped to him but did not get anything back. This guy is an amazing scammed and I thought I would share my experience with him as well. I will update this post with more details on our transaction. I was able to get a reversal on all my payments but he is running ampck with free clacks he scammed from me.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 09:57:55 »
3k on clacks?

What the actual ****

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #13 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 10:00:53 »
I support this. He scammed over 3k USD worth of stuff from.me, 1.5k USD in cash that I sent him via Paypal and around 1.5k USD in clack trades which I myself shipped to him but did not get anything back. This guy is an amazing scammed and I thought I would share my experience with him as well. I will update this post with more details on our transaction. I was able to get a reversal on all my payments but he is running ampck with free clacks he scammed from me.

Holy **** bro!! I thought I had it worst. Sorry to hear that man. :(

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #14 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 10:02:09 »
3k on clacks?

What the actual ****

Yeah. That is diving head-in... a 3 ft deep pool.

Sorry for your losses, Synjin. Hopefully some goodness comes back around to you and you get some nice scores in the future.

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #15 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 10:02:31 »
There are other users here who I kept in contact with me that got scammed around the same amount but I leave it up to them if they would like to disclose that. I'm still a bit glad I got my cash refunded though not so much on the clacks I sent him.

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #16 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 10:08:34 »
He used those same excuses for me as well. I will posy more updates including screenshots of our emails back and forth all the wau from his body excuses to the receptionist not knowing which clacks are mine that I bought to the "a guy named XX charged back and funds went low so I couldn't ship" excuse. Should J leave his email redacted or should I just display it?

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #17 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 10:15:21 »
He used those same excuses for me as well. I will posy more updates including screenshots of our emails back and forth all the wau from his body excuses to the receptionist not knowing which clacks are mine that I bought to the "a guy named XX charged back and funds went low so I couldn't ship" excuse. Should J leave his email redacted or should I just display it?

Yeah his excuses were so bad and sketchy.. I was hiding his email but realized its on his heatware anyways so it's visable now.

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #18 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 10:17:09 »
I'll leave his displayed when I post the SS then.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #19 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 10:23:47 »
You know..

It's possible Reptile developed a serious Heroin addiction.. and has needed to resort to scamming people to feed his habit..

I don't see any other reason why someone would "suddenly" turn to crime..

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #20 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 10:28:32 »
There are other users here who I kept in contact with me that got scammed around the same amount but I leave it up to them if they would like to disclose that. I'm still a bit glad I got my cash refunded though not so much on the clacks I sent him.
now that he has your clacks, he can show photos, as though he owned them, and scam more people! totally sucks!  :eek:

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #21 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 10:35:34 »

Thanks man, exactly why I trusted him! I thought he was giving amazing prices since we were both well established members not because he didnt actually have the items..  I was going to send as gift even but he didnt send photos so I decided to send goods last minute. Now Im ALWAYS sending goods.. :/

:(

This is excellent advice, it should be a serious red-flag to anyone when they request payment by gift. I just flat-out will not deal with someone if they insist on a gift payment, it's not worth the risk.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck, dustin. It always make me sad to see members of the community get ripped off but even more so when they are upstanding, generous people like yourself. Glad to see you at least got your money back though!

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #22 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 10:38:01 »

What the actual f**k! So sorry this happened to you.

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 10:59:49 »
I thought it was shady when he posted a clack for sale and just said "PM me offers."  I reported it right away but it wasn't taken down soon enough.  The desire for clacks is too high and leads people to make questionable impulse decisions :(

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #24 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 11:02:28 »
I thought it was shady when he posted a clack for sale and just said "PM me offers."  I reported it right away but it wasn't taken down soon enough.  The desire for clacks is too high and leads people to make questionable impulse decisions :(

Yeah I should have went with my gut! :( But he knew exactly what to offer me to bite.  :'( Never again! He has ruined sales for me forever..

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #25 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 11:06:07 »
@synjin: isn't it your responsibility to inform fellow users of transactions gone wrong so they know to avoid scammers? the guy almost took off with your 3k, it's unthinkable that he is allowed to trick more posters with pictures of stolen clacks that belonged to you

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #26 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 11:14:54 »
@synjin: isn't it your responsibility to inform fellow users of transactions gone wrong so they know to avoid scammers? the guy almost took off with your 3k, it's unthinkable that he is allowed to trick more posters with pictures of stolen clacks that belonged to you

the info about not dealing with reptile has already been posted on this forum

it also takes time for people to realise they have been scammed, not to mention the time it takes to come to terms with that, and not possibly wanting to openly come to terms with them falling for it public etc

I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline Venatorious

• Gotta Start Somewhere
« Reply #27 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 11:18:54 »
God this is sad. Its so bad to hear that a community such as this has such terrible people. I am very glad that you got your money back.

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #28 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 11:19:38 »
I have posted it several times and on different threads as well as pmed people who normally purchase clacks. The reason I did not make an actual post is because I'm not about to make a half assed effort and start a post wjotout having sufficient info to back it up in which I have been unable to do so due to a busy life schedule. Try having a 14 month old baby who gets constant ear infections one after another while trying to move from an apartment to a house while having a mother who has had polio and needs assistance in her daily activities while going to school full time while assisting your wife in paying bills and expenses on top of 240 a week for daycare and you would understand why I am unable to post detailed information about it and start a thread. Did I mention that there are over 3 people that I know of who has been scammed as much and haven't really made a post either? Once I find time, I will post images and proof to back everything I said including proof to show you that everything I mentioned on this post is real if that would help ease your mind as to why I didn't post even if in is my "responsibility" to do so.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #29 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 11:37:07 »
I have posted it several times and on different threads as well as pmed people who normally purchase clacks. The reason I did not make an actual post is because I'm not about to make a half assed effort and start a post wjotout having sufficient info to back it up in which I have been unable to do so due to a busy life schedule. Try having a 14 month old baby who gets constant ear infections one after another while trying to move from an apartment to a house while having a mother who has had polio and needs assistance in her daily activities while going to school full time while assisting your wife in paying bills and expenses on top of 240 a week for daycare and you would understand why I am unable to post detailed information about it and start a thread. Did I mention that there are over 3 people that I know of who has been scammed as much and haven't really made a post either? Once I find time, I will post images and proof to back everything I said including proof to show you that everything I mentioned on this post is real if that would help ease your mind as to why I didn't post even if in is my "responsibility" to do so.

Fair.
If your going to call people out in a thread aimed at them you need to spend a good time on it, getting evidence, talking with others etc etc and if you have lost out to the sum of 3k people would expect you to be able to prove it and have a solid case because that's a lot of money on keycaps. So it's pretty reasonable that you'd want to spend a fair bit of time on it.

its super ****ty though that this can happen and has made me pretty weary of cc's in general and the whole classifieds section.

Though these people usually get there comeuppance.

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #30 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 11:39:20 »

Fair.
If your going to call people out in a thread aimed at them you need to spend a good time on it, getting evidence, talking with others etc etc and if you have lost out to the sum of 3k people would expect you to be able to prove it and have a solid case because that's a lot of money on keycaps. So it's pretty reasonable that you'd want to spend a fair bit of time on it.

its super ****ty though that this can happen and has made me pretty weary of cc's in general and the whole classifieds section.

I just hope that he doesn't have a business PayPal account which would allow him to with are more than the 500/month limit from PayPal funds to his bank. This way, most of the cash he scammed should still be in the account unless he went on a spending spree in which a collections agency will be sent to him by PP to handle his debts as his funds go negative after all the PayPal reversals.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #31 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 11:40:51 »

the info about not dealing with reptile has already been posted on this forum

it also takes time for people to realise they have been scammed, not to mention the time it takes to come to terms with that, and not possibly wanting to openly come to terms with them falling for it public etc

Yeah I didnt want to believe it at first, then I had to put the messages together, etc..

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #32 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 11:46:13 »

Fair.

I just hope that he doesn't have a business PayPal account which would allow him to with are more than the 500/month limit from PayPal funds to his bank. This way, most of the cash he scammed should still be in the account unless he went on a spending spree in which a collections agency will be sent to him by PP to handle his debts as his funds go negative after all the PayPal reversals.

I don't really know how PayPal works when you have a dispute but can't you put together your evidence (when you get the chance) and submit it to PayPal in regards to having him banned from the service or something?
It seems like if you can provide enough evidence that he is a theif it would be reasonable to have there account and card banned from the service?

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #33 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 11:55:50 »
snip
alright. i just thought that 3k is a humongous amount of money and you would have prepared some sort of safety measure in case the transaction goes wrong (not unheard of), but hindsight is 20 20 etc. i also think that, while witch hunts are not the ideal method to resolve these cases, something could and should have been done to prevent this guy from continuing subsequent scams.

2 cents from someone who isn't invested in the artisan scene

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #34 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 12:01:50 »

snip
alright. i just thought that 3k is a humongous amount of money and you would have prepared some sort of safety measure in case the transaction goes wrong (not unheard of), but hindsight is 20 20 etc. i also think that, while witch hunts are not the ideal method to resolve these cases, something could and should have been done to prevent this guy from continuing subsequent scams.

2 cents from someone who isn't invested in the artisan scene
It can't be done unless there is a public thread because the mods aren't allowed to do anything about it, it is in the TOS for the marketplace

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #35 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 12:04:05 »
I already have Reptile on my **** list.  I bought a keyboard from him and he just never bothered to get around to sending it until I filed a Paypal dispute.  He does not GAF.  Then he had the nerve to ***** me out for it.  I waited until 2 days before the dispute window expired, he gave me no choice.  Glad you got your money back, dude.

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #36 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 12:16:40 »
It can't be done unless there is a public thread because the mods aren't allowed to do anything about it, it is in the TOS for the marketplace
i'm aware of this, but at the same time the guy just runs amok scamming one after another like nothing happened

Offline phoenix1234

« Reply #37 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 12:35:01 »
When I search his profile, it is just weird.
There is no WTS on his posts.
https://geekhack.org/index.php?action=profile;u=8408

That means, he just sit there, waited for people post WTB and jumped in with baits and lures?
If so, it is quite a dangerous strategy.
I like linear switches

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #38 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 12:53:50 »

Synjin, based on your description I would think you have many responsibilities that preclude the spending of $3k on clacks...

That means, he just sit there, waited for people post WTB and jumped in with baits and lures?

Phoenix, I am really surprised that someone like reptile has been able to scam so many people over such a long time. As I have noticed, the artisan keycap world is out of whack. People are just irrational. How can you just do $1.5k in a transaction is beyond me.

This is the first time I have ever heard of this member Reptile. I guess he just doesn't visit the same parts of the forum as I do... but I already visit all, except I never read about clacks. If dustin had posted 'Beware Clack Scam' I would never have bothered to read the post!
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline IonutZ

• Stay awhile and listen
    • SC
« Reply #39 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 12:56:52 »
+1 he stole $20 from me.

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 13:09:17 »

He had a WTS post, but it was taken down by the mods, probably for breaking rules (he posted a picture of a clack and said to PM offers)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #41 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 13:21:08 »
I don't understand.. How is it that for an entire 4 years, he continued to scam ya'llz...

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #42 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 13:28:23 »
I don't understand.. How is it that for an entire 4 years, he continued to scam ya'llz...

It's Clack Irrationality. Prospect of getting a rare clack causes people to lose all sense of caution.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #43 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 13:38:33 »

It's Clack Irrationality. Prospect of getting a rare clack causes people to lose all sense of caution.

Exactly, I thought I was getting deliciously amazing candy corns and I was finally getting a jack. Now I'm done with aftermarket clack sales. I'll keep my hack orange that my good pal was kind enough to sell me.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #44 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 13:39:11 »

Clacks are so drab..

They're only rare in the sense that they're not worth making in mass quantities; to which they'd go from worthless to Absolutely-worthless.

Clack collectors are no grander than people who shelve the caps to the bottles of apple juice they drink.

In some ways, I certainly feel bad that people were shafted of their hard earned currency,

But on the other hand.. Equally as responsible as the Scammer is the victim's own sheer stupidity and short-sightedness.

Offline cooldiscretion

• Convicted guilty of being totally rad.
« Reply #45 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 13:42:53 »
Reptile also scammed me for quite a few clacks I was buying from him which can get expensive as you all know.  Fortunately, I paid actual invoices and was able to get my funds back via paypal disputes.
« Last Edit: Sat, 25 April 2015, 15:39:33 by cooldiscretion »

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #46 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 14:10:08 »
I echo this DO NOT DEAL WITH REPTILE. I just received my charge back for $715 from this user.

He posted up a thread to sell a Realforce board with a click clack. Some people commented that it was a steal, and the people who posted on his Heatware were reputable members of this community. After messaging him, he offered to seel me 3 other click clacks - but said he was on mobile so he couldn't find the older screenshots. I looked through his older picture and found a picture of the 3d clack, so it didn't seem that dodgy.

I don't have the full message history like reptile does as I did't know that you had to check the 'save a copy' on sending a message.

Here are all the time stamped message he sent me:
More
Re: Real force
« Sent to: nathanrosspowell on: Sun, 22 March 2015, 10:23:44 »
« You have forwarded or responded to this message. »
ReplyQuoteDelete

Yeah I Dont mind.
Do you want the board with the clickclack?

Re: Re: Real force
« Sent to: nathanrosspowell on: Sun, 22 March 2015, 10:31:19 »
« You have forwarded or responded to this message. » ReplyQuoteDelete
Sorry its revenge red.

I can include the gray modifiers. Their from a 104pro. The full gray is rare and sexy

« Sent to: nathanrosspowell on: Sun, 22 March 2015, 10:41:58 »
I'll do $315 shipped. If its a little more that's OK.

My PayPal is bengrako@gmail.com

« Sent to: nathanrosspowell on: Sun, 22 March 2015, 12:47:10 »
I was going to keep my other clacks but decided not to get a hhkb. So I also have a 3d, black and purple. I'll give you an opportunity to get with your keyboard before I post in a bit.

I'd like to sell them all at once.

I would do 400 for all.

« Sent to: nathanrosspowell on: Sun, 22 March 2015, 13:16:55 »
I'm on mobile and out with the family till late tonight so I dot have any with me. There is some in my post history of the 3d on my Realforce as well as the purple I believe.

I could have those packed up to send out at my office tomorrow

« Sent to: nathanrosspowell on: Sun, 22 March 2015, 13:26:41 »
I also still have the lime green printed set in those pics with the 3d skull

« Sent to: nathanrosspowell on: Sun, 22 March 2015, 13:46:01 »
I'll do 480 for all. The lime set is untouched only taken pictures with them.

« Sent to: nathanrosspowell on: Sun, 22 March 2015, 14:05:16 »
OK I'll do 450.

Bengrako@gmail.com

« Sent to: nathanrosspowell on: Mon, 23 March 2015, 19:41:48 »
Still have some clacks up for grabs!

That is $715 dollars in total. I sent the money via paypal with the extra to cover the fees on March the 22nd. The last message he sent me was saying that he had more clacks for sale, onto of the red, 3d, black and purple ones I had already paid him for. I declined. I then sent another message to ask if he shipped.

Final message:
More
« Sent to: nathanrosspowell on: Mon, 23 March 2015, 20:16:51 »
Quote from: nathanrosspowell on Mon, 23 March 2015, 19:48:59
Someone else will have to take them, like I said, I'm spent out for the next few months.

Quote from: Reptile on Sun, 22 March 2015, 13:16:55
I could have those packed up to send out at my office tomorrow

I'm guessing you didn't ship the package yet?

Yeah I had a few people pay today but their ready I just have to give to my receptionist in the morning. Sorry for the slight delay.

The 22nd of April was the last communication. i got back. I tried another PM on here with no reply. I also emailed to the paypal address with no reply. As I am in Canada I left it three weeks before I filed a complaint on Paypal.

Paypal dispute:
More
View dispute comments

4/13/2015 20:39 GMT-04:00 - Buyer: I have received no communication nor proof of postage since sending the payment. I'm sorry to have to take this step but it has been over three weeks since I sent you a substantial amount of money.The last communication was on Mon, 23 March 2015, 20:16:51:"Yeah I had a few people pay today but their ready I just have to give to my receptionist in the morning. Sorry for the slight delay."I attempted to communicate through private messages on Geekhack.org to try and verify if/when the package was posted, but the you have not been on the website since March 26th.I also send an email to the paypal address with the same request for information with no reply. This complaint is also for transaction #65P82727622489427.Please get in contact. Thanks,Nathan

View case history

Apr 24, 2015 - PayPal: Email sent to seller
Apr 24, 2015 - PayPal: Email sent to buyer
Apr 20, 2015 - PayPal: Email sent to seller
Apr 20, 2015 - PayPal: Email sent to seller
Apr 13, 2015 - PayPal: Email sent to seller
Apr 13, 2015 - PayPal: Email sent to buyer
Apr 13, 2015 - Buyer: Complaint Case filed

Yep, I feel like an idiot. I'm done with ever trying to get hold of a Click Clack. I just wanted to share this as objectively as I could.

Maybe some users want to give Reptile the benefit of the doubt... But I did some basic research into his personal background and I found enough to say that, in my opinion, he is not a person that you should get involved with.

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #47 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 14:24:34 »
I don't really understand why he would invest the time it takes to scam people and then not collect payment in a way people couldn't chargeback for it.

What's the point in wasting both peoples' time?

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #48 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 14:44:19 »
I don't really understand why he would invest the time it takes to scam people and then not collect payment in a way people couldn't chargeback for it.

Yeah, and why not say he has more of the ones I wanted?? Could've got me for any buckling spring and many more topre.. His head isn't screwed on right..

Offline cooldiscretion

• Convicted guilty of being totally rad.
« Reply #49 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 15:42:08 »

Yeah, and why not say he has more of the ones I wanted?? Could've got me for any buckling spring and many more topre.. His head isn't screwed on right..

He probably just didn't want it to sound too good to be true - even though it was...

But yeah, the sad thing is he could just reappear somewhere with a different username and do the same thing again.