Author Topic: What's our stance on white supremacy here?  (Read 12962 times)

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
What's our stance on white supremacy here?
« on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 18:56:06 »

Our moderation team really likes to go after these relatively, stupid inconsequential and meaningless things instead of doing actual moderation.
[...]
Even profiles aren't properly regulated.
[...]
You can't have gifs that lag mobile browsers.

Or do you just like complaining?

Hey Hoff, am I not allowed to complain about white supremacy here?
Do we support white supremacy and all the various Nazi atrocities?
Would you like to round up all the Jews and various sub races in America and slaughter them?
It feels like sometimes we condone this behavior here.

Now why do I get that impression?
Well this goes back to a few things.
I remember when I had doctor who gifs 1-2 years ago and the reasons cited when my gifs were removed were something along the lines of this:
1) Some people found them offensive 2) Some people found them annoying 3) Some people were having issues on mobile devices 4) Some people were having issues browsing at work 5) Some people were reporting my posts.

Which is fine and I understand this.
I have to admit that at the time, I was using my gifs to make a point about low value posts in the other boards.
It was a very in your face way of reminding you that just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. Consideration goes a long way and that includes not starting a new post when you can use an existing one.
Another sub-point was something like this - it's really hard to browse through the keyboard section on a mobile device when it's cluttered with a bunch of low value posts like what keyboard should I buy, is razer good?

That being said it wasn't really well thought out and I'd say it's water under the bridge except well if you're going to say gifs cause issues for some users, you should just out right ban them on signatures and this applies to everybody.

Then there's the Nazi's and Hitlers.
You've seen them, I've seen them.

Now who in their right mind would think this is something we can condone?
Don't you think this sends the wrong message?

I mean I have a Nazi uniform fetish as much as the next guy but I do need to ask - are you not bothered by this at the least bit?

I mean are you a white neo nazi white power supremacist yourself?

Or maybe you just don't care about equality or justice.
Maybe it's like that game of thrones thread.
Illegal or not, whatever.
Oh and since we've seen that you don't really care about the law don't hide behind the 1st amendment.

So maybe I have it wrong, maybe you're not a racist but instead maybe you're just afraid to step on some toes and just bend to popular opinion instead of doing what's right.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
Re: What's our stance on white supremacy here?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 19:04:20 »
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 19:04:26 »
1wolf..

and here I thought I was a bad writer..

haha..

You gotta make a point buddy,  this post does not take a stance, and your message is unclear.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 19:08:05 »
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 19:14:48 »

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 19:14:50 »
I did Nazi this coming...

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 19:15:32 »
1wolf..

and here I thought I was a bad writer..

haha..

You gotta make a point buddy,  this post does not take a stance, and your message is unclear.

8200...... :thumb:

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 19:16:43 »
Show Image

Please don't post pictures of me and my wife.....

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 19:18:48 »
It's an odd world when I find myself thinking that novus, demik, and pai_crai are the voices of reason in here.  Demik was always the speaker of truf, but more have joined those ranks.

It's sad to see all the dismissiveness when it's a legit question.  There's a lot of picking and choosing what to enforce lately, even if some of my posts would fall under that for pictures with swear words.  Some if the most disruptive members were rightfully banned, but they also kept some of the ridiculousness on the other extreme in check.

Anyways, keep challenging the status quo to make this place better.  And most of the offenders are great people, the jokes are just a little too far.
« Last Edit: Thu, 30 April 2015, 19:20:48 by nubbinator »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 19:33:37 »
It's an odd world when I find myself thinking that novus, demik, and pai_crai are the voices of reason in here.  Demik was always the speaker of truf, but more have joined those ranks.

It's sad to see all the dismissiveness when it's a legit question.  There's a lot of picking and choosing what to enforce lately, even if some of my posts would fall under that for pictures with swear words.  Some if the most disruptive members were rightfully banned, but they also kept some of the ridiculousness on the other extreme in check.

Anyways, keep challenging the status quo to make this place better.  And most of the offenders are great people, the jokes are just a little too far.

I'm not easily offended.

I just hate inconsistency. People can have all the nazi **** they want. They are the ones that look like idiots.

BUT DONT TURN AROUND AND REMOVE PICTURES OF WEED OR GIRLS IN BIKINIS AND SITE THE ****ING RULES. Either everybody gets offended or nobody gets offended.

I vote for toughen the **** up its the Internet. I get the mods wanting to have a "safe" environment because we have Tweens and old ****s that act like Tweens but **** be consistent.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 19:37:55 »
2nd on the weed pics (bud 'n caps.) Some of you don't like it which is why it had it's own subforum here, till a few pricks had to go and ruin the fun for everyone else. If it's not in the general pool and you have to go out of your way to access it, what kind of **** move is it to complain about it?

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
  • Location: Observable Universe, Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way Galaxy, Solar System, Planet Earth
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 20:08:32 »
I have spoken to the repeat offenders, and as much as I cannot condone their actions, and I adamantly speak out against the "humor" of sensitive jokes, they have a right to voice whatever opinions they want. Even if it represents themselves in a way that is degrading to their image.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 20:22:40 »
Do we support white supremacy and all the various Nazi atrocities?

I don't know about you, but I do not.

I'm having a really hard time following this post.  It seems to be about white supremacy (as evidenced by the title), yet contains more content about Dr. Who gifs.  I will do my best to address the multitude of topics at hand here, but bear with me if I have a hard time, the OP didn't structure his post very well.

1. Nazis are not cool.  I am not a fan of Nazis.
2. You can definitely complain about white supremacy!  Please do!  See #1 for further details. (these two points are out of order compared to your post, but I feel #1 is more important so I put it first)
3. I have no interest in slaughtering anyone.

4. I'm glad you brought up the fact that you were intentionally a huge pain in the ass, I had actually forgotten about that.  Yes, we kindly asked you to remove the (IIRC) 17 MB gifs in your signature.  And when you refused, we did remove them.  You're correct.  If anyone takes issue with that, please send me a PM.
5. I'm really not sure what you mean by this:
I have to admit that at the time, I was using my gifs to make a point about low value posts in the other boards.
It was a very in your face way of reminding you that just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. Consideration goes a long way and that includes not starting a new post when you can use an existing one.
Another sub-point was something like this - it's really hard to browse through the keyboard section on a mobile device when it's cluttered with a bunch of low value posts like what keyboard should I buy, is razer good?
You saw low value posts and thought the best thing to do is annoy the crap out of everyone with massive gifs in your signature?  You've lost me.  And yeah, don't make new posts...??  Confusion continues...

6. Obnoxious and trolling gifs cause issues for users.  If you had a single small gif in your profile, no one would have done anything.  You don't get to punch someone, get disciplined, and complain that people aren't being disciplined for poking people.  Not how this works.

7. I have seen the avatars in question.
8. I am not a fan of the avatars in question. Are you suggesting I remove all things from this forum that I don't like?
9. I am not a "white neo nazi white power supremacist".

10. I do care about equality and justice.
11. Maybe what's like the game of thrones thread?

12. Where have we seen I don't care about the law? I'm not hiding behind anything.

13. I am indeed not a racist. And I've stepped on quite a few toes in my lifetime.

I'm really not sure if this is directed at geekhack as a whole, the mod team, or myself (since I was quoted).  I've assumed it was directed at me and responded accordingly.

We seem to get a lot of complaining about the mod team, which I think is pretty normal for a forum of our size.  But I'm not really sure what you're hoping will change.  As I regularly make abundantly clear, my inbox is always open to feedback on anything and everything. 

I'm not easily offended.

I just hate inconsistency. People can have all the nazi **** they want. They are the ones that look like idiots.

BUT DONT TURN AROUND AND REMOVE PICTURES OF WEED OR GIRLS IN BIKINIS AND SITE THE ****ING RULES. Either everybody gets offended or nobody gets offended.

I vote for toughen the **** up its the Internet. I get the mods wanting to have a "safe" environment because we have Tweens and old ****s that act like Tweens but **** be consistent.

I agree with you completely.  Luckily, so does the site ToS. 

For all avatars, signatures, images or links to images, videos, etc. must not include any of the below descriptions:

This includes images of men/women in see-through or nearly see-through clothing
This includes images of men/women in any implied or expressed sexual or illicit act
Images/videos/etc. must not include any act of drug use, condone or celebrate drug use, or even imply drug use.
Images/videos/etc. must not include any act of violence, illegal activity or implied illegal activity or profanity.

Why can't someone remove something that's against the rules and then site the rules?   :confused:

There's a lot of picking and choosing what to enforce lately

There is a report button for a reason, people.  If something needs to be tended to, report it.  "Picking and choosing" is more likely "didn't see it".

2nd on the weed pics (bud 'n caps.) Some of you don't like it which is why it had it's own subforum here, till a few pricks had to go and ruin the fun for everyone else. If it's not in the general pool and you have to go out of your way to access it, what kind of **** move is it to complain about it?

Agreed.

Also, I know it's cool to fight the power and give mods ****, but seriously?  We're not some dark shadowy figure trying to control your life.  I'm a member of this forum just as much as anyone else is.  Do you really think I'm removing things or changing things on a whim to **** with people?  The whole us vs them attitude I see a lot is just ridiculous.  If you have an honest concern or feedback, let someone know.  If you're just *****ing to be a troll, don't waste our time.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 20:23:45 »
"7. I have seen the avatars in question."

Offline tbc

« Reply #14 on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 20:28:24 »
am i being trolled here?

these last 2 years, i honestly thought the anti-mod team complaints were buddy-buddy jokes.  they were legit serious the whole time?
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 22:02:14 »
am i being trolled here?

these last 2 years, i honestly thought the anti-mod team complaints were buddy-buddy jokes.  they were legit serious the whole time?
nope, people think that mods are all seeing beings and that this is their full time job. So they never just miss something, that's just them being intentionally malicious

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 22:09:04 »
am i being trolled here?

Well they mostly are just jokes but these jokes do stem from some issues that are overlooked or just forgotten.
Most people that grow frustrated either get a temp ban or take a short breaks.

No Hoff forgive me but I really don't follow here.
How is that you can claim to not be racist while at the same condoning Nazi avatars and Hitler propaganda?
How can you also condone blatantly coded messages with heavy racial undertones like "enjoy your multiculturalism" directed at the Russian member iri residing in the UK?
You've seen the avatars in question, you've seen these posts before and yet you don't do diddly squat about it.
So I hope you do understand where I'm coming from when I ask what's your stance on white supremacy here?
It seems to me that you actively condone it or have a taken a "state's rights" sort of approach towards it.

Now maybe I'm too sensitive and that's fine. I understand if you want to say well I don't want to cross lines and enforce this type of behavior.
It gets a line, where do I stop and I get that ... but then you also go ahead and edit a naruto thread.
Are spoilers against the rules too?
am i being trolled here?

You don't touch a thread where people are pirating episodes illegally.
Where's the consistency? Either touch things that violate the rules, leave them alone don't cherry pick.
Clearly I don't understand where your priorities lie.

I'm not the only one that has called out the mod team for inconsistency.
The mod teams always takes these argumentative defenses like what you've demonstrated.
At the time having 5 gifs in your signature wasn't really against the rules. You say that it's obnoxious, I disagree it's an expression of my love for sci fi. It's no different than pictures of keyboards, clacks or anything else here.
You say that it's 17mb, well alot of content and threads easily exceed that there. Desktops and most connections should have no issues and mobile users can use tapatalk and other things.
You say that you asked me to remove it, but you waited 2 weeks before even approaching me and you didn't cite one rule. You made it very clear that it was because of user pressure that you even approached me about it.
So when you do ask "do i remove things because it bothers me" well yes you do!
I'm also not that the only that's had or used multiple gifs in my signature.

Here's another one. What's the difference between a TP thread and a microsoft windows' thread?
Both are entertaining.
Both are pretty much utter nonsense at face value.
Both have some of the most sarcastic and dismissive replies.
Both have people actively trolling them.

Why is that I always see MW threads locked but I've never seen a TP thread subject to the same kind of moderation.
Explain that. Is TP being more "genuine" than MW?
What is the litmus test you've set here?

Now you might dislike my complaints, dislike the way I protest things and take things too far but take a moment and just look around this thread.
Instead of doing the sensible thing and ignoring this thread, you've got a bunch of people posting a bunch of ****s and weird frogs.

I mean look at you guys, a bunch of scavenging vultures looking for food because you can't hunt.
If you want to tell me that I'm out of line, fine, but set the example and deal with this type of behavior first.
If you think the responses here are fine, then okay, but don't needlessly censure users for things that aren't nearly as malicious.

I think I said this on the other thread but I wouldn't be complaining and having to point these out if you guys simply exercised more common sense and consistency and less discretionary moderation.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 22:12:17 »
You all forget; the mods were just like you and I at one time...

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #18 on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 22:15:00 »
Instead of doing the sensible thing and ignoring this thread, you've got a bunch of people posting a bunch of ****s and weird frogs.

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #19 on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 22:20:26 »
I feel like I'm behind on my Geekhack drama....

Offline greath

• A waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap.
« Reply #20 on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 22:42:50 »
As someone who frequently browses on my phone's 4g, has a limited data plan, and hates tapatalk: a 17mb signature gif would piss me off too. You're comparing something that makes the site physically harder to use to political and ethical ideologies. I think the lines seem clear. Porn and drugs are not allowed, because those are mod's rules. Everything else generally is fair game. The obnoxious rule is a bit vague, but outside of something that I also agree would make the site a nightmare when browsing on mobile, where else have the mod's enforced this rule.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 22:49:23 »
Other than posting a penis or drugs, how does one get banned around here?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 22:52:22 »
Tp4's wit and sarcasm is the natural force which equilibrates all of existence.

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #23 on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 23:13:38 »
cheese+nipple? that's what i heard

Offline Sniping

« Reply #24 on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 23:33:49 »
cheese+nipple? that's what i heard

heh

Offline Hak Foo

• Make America Clicky Again!
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 23:35:41 »
*Reads topic line*

Of course Whites are superior.  Nobody likes bBacks.  Of course, some people have a sick preference for Yellows and Browns.

We are talking about ALPS switches, right?

:D :D :D
Overton130, Box Pale Blues.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #26 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 02:03:40 »

Well I got banned for closing threads I started. Then got removed as OP from other threads.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #27 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 02:08:36 »

no kidding

Well I got banned for closing threads I started. Then got removed as OP from other threads.

hi demik
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #28 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 02:14:50 »
Hi sth

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #29 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 02:20:43 »
well here we are
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #30 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 02:34:29 »
well here we are

now there's an avatar I haven't seen in a long time, welcome back

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #31 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 02:36:14 »
well here we are

Indeed.

Aside from edgy nazi avys, you haven't missed much.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #32 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 02:40:02 »
i have more posts than you now, it doesn't feel right  :(

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #33 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 02:44:32 »
Ain't nothing but a number

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #34 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 02:45:23 »
creepy

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #35 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 03:03:04 »
:(

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #36 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 03:23:08 »
Creepy is coming to a keyboard forum and read about 20 or mid 20 aged boys nazi opinions. Avatars which should be edgy and cool, and stupid opinions on races. Definitely ****ty. /pol/ seems to be strong here :(
... ...

Offline clacktalk

• CLACKS RULE EVERYTHING AROUND ME
  • circa 2015
« Reply #37 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 03:32:49 »
Creepy is coming to a keyboard forum and read about 20 or mid 20 aged boys nazi opinions. Avatars which should be edgy and cool, and stupid opinions on races. Definitely ****ty. /pol/ seems to be strong here :(

well put. i don't think anyone can say it any better
diary of a clacktalk

franktalk: how much urine have u spilled
radio_killah: too much frank
radio_killah: too much

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #38 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 03:36:01 »
Ok so the only actual issue anyone seems to have is consistency... which is something we would all like, hell when I asked about a thread being approved hoff chewed me a new ******* and then ekw808 sent me a friendly pm about it.
But the OP's examples seem pretty dumb, 17mb gif spam vs one thread talking about a TV show that wasn't out yet? Let's be ****ing real.

As far as the rules go, I say have less rules and more emphasis on mod's doing and moderating how they see fit, it's how it tends to work anyway. I wish we had a general chat thread that was for everything (inc nsfw posts) and I wish t4p threads would slow down, but far as much else goes it's fine.

The whole thing about gif's ****ing it up for mobile uses is kinda funny because as I've posted in the bug reporting thread a few times (as others have) mobile browsing the forum is a broken mess anyway.

It's good to **** on the mods every now and then, but for the most part they do a good job, prob not the best I've ever come across but they seem pretty legit. Everyone has good and bad days and some days I'm sure I'd be more into some bull**** than others...
« Last Edit: Fri, 01 May 2015, 03:38:15 by baldgye »

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #39 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 05:15:00 »
I wanted to make an apology post.

I honestly wasn't trying to be some edgy teenager by making Rommel my profile picture.

Rommel and his Afrika Korps were never charged with a war crime and consistently denied orders to kill Jewish soldiers and civilians that they came across. Rommel wasn't a Nazi, he was a German man that fought for his country; similar to Robert E. Lee in the American Civil War.

I apologize to anyone I offended and I hope you don't imagine me as some deranged neonazi because I am not one.

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #40 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 05:23:59 »
Opening Post was confusing and not exactly well written.

As for Hitler and Nazi avatars, I don’t even understand what’s wrong. They aren’t against the law in most countries. They aren’t even being used in an intimidating fashion – eg not paired with anti Jewish slogans.

17mb signature would be quite irritating.

As for Hitler, I am really tired of the masturbatory 70th anniversary end of WW2 BS festivities ongoing in the Western press now. These are being conducted by the winners of WW2 to keep on asserting their supremacy and legitimacy over the rest of the world. Fact is, every person good or bad has his own impact on the world (often unintended). Hitler was an evil and deluded person, but he did the majority of the human race (a majority that in fact he despised) a lot of unintended good.

If Hitler hadn’t caused chaos in Europe, sapped the strength of European empires, forced the USA to come out of isolation and reform the world system including imposing free trade agreements and twisting reluctant European arms into decolonization, the vast majority of the human race could still be downtrodden by colonial masters.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #41 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 05:26:42 »
People are too easily offended. Who cares if someone has a Hitler avatar, so long as the stuff they post is on point it shouldn't be an issue.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #42 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 05:29:21 »

As for Hitler and Nazi avatars, I don�t even understand what�s wrong. They aren�t against the law in most countries. They aren�t even being used in an intimidating fashion � eg not paired with anti Jewish slogans.

As for Hitler, I am really tired of the masturbatory 70th anniversary end of WW2 BS festivities ongoing in the Western press now. These are being conducted by the winners of WW2 to keep on asserting their supremacy and legitimacy over the rest of the world. Fact is, every person good or bad has his own impact on the world (often unintended). Hitler was an evil and deluded person, but he did the majority of the human race (a majority that in fact he despised) a lot of unintended good.

If Hitler hadn�t caused chaos in Europe, sapped the strength of European empires, forced the USA to come out of isolation and reform the world system including imposing free trade agreements and twisting reluctant European arms into decolonization, the vast majority of the human race could still be downtrodden by colonial masters.

what the ****

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #43 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 07:20:30 »

As for Hitler and Nazi avatars, I don’t even understand what’s wrong. They aren’t against the law in most countries. They aren’t even being used in an intimidating fashion – eg not paired with anti Jewish slogans.

If Hitler hadn’t caused chaos in Europe, sapped the strength of European empires, forced the USA to come out of isolation and reform the world system including imposing free trade agreements and twisting reluctant European arms into decolonization, the vast majority of the human race could still be downtrodden by colonial masters.

The title was not really related to the OP really.

But this topic definitely is not about trying to justify the Nazis. Like at all.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #44 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 07:21:37 »
Ok so the only actual issue anyone seems to have is consistency... which is something we would all like, hell when I asked about a thread being approved hoff chewed me a new ******* and then ekw808 sent me a friendly pm about it.

Sorry about that, that was my fault.  I was particularly irritable at that time, and we've had countless people ignore the rules and then complain so it was an "oh another one of these" moment for me.  I should have sent you a PM.  That said, you also should have sent a mod a PM.  ;)

:-*

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #45 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 07:24:15 »

Sorry about that, that was my fault.  I was particularly irritable at that time, and we've had countless people ignore the rules and then complain so it was an "oh another one of these" moment for me.  I should have sent you a PM.  That said, you also should have sent a mod a PM.  ;)

:-*

Yeah yeah like I said you guys are 'technically' people too and we all have good and bad days which is why asking for consistency is always going to be difficult.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #46 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 07:33:20 »
you guys are 'technically' people too

:(

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #48 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 07:54:00 »
clearly whites aren't supreme, they have very inconsistent clicks due to the factory lube conspiracy

clear mx is clearly supreme but its still not topre, topre ftw

oh and mods are people to, just look at how many members became mods and then disappear, it seems to take all the fun out of being here

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #49 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 08:03:16 »
Being a moderator is a volunteer job, we can't expect top quality all the time.  For the most part, they do a good job for volunteering their time and this is a better-than-average forum, as Internet forums go.

Except that the only thing that seems sellable in classifieds anymore is keycaps, but that's a different story.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing