Author Topic: Fond memories and fun times  (Read 3106 times)

Offline fanpeople

Fond memories and fun times
« on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 20:48:44 »
There seems to be a bit a rain cloud with regards to life that occasionally rolls over here on gh. Anyone want to counter it with a fond memories and fun times disscussion?

Obligatory start. About 7 years ago i lived in Darwin and ask anyone who is not from Darwin but is from Australia, its a ****hole. Technically it is not even a state. So while i was up there obviously i was working and we had this one guy who originated from Melbourne. Now this guy was one of those people who was good at everything, had done everything and was pretty much a king amongst men. Ofcourse these people attract the worst kind of attention and the jokes eventually blossomed to daily pranks.

Some workmates and myself were having lunch in Hungery Jacks (I think this may be Burger King in US) one day and we saw that they were looking to hire people. One of us decided it would be funny to put an application in for our dear friend. Well we just so happened to be around when he got a call for an offer for an interview.The confusion on his face was priceless as how they had his name and number.

This then developed into a competition between us to see what dumb things we could sign this guy up for. It got to a point where he was getting daily calls from randoms offering him jobs, market research, contracts for various goods, puppies etc.

I think he figured out what was going on and ended up changing his number and the game was kill.

In retrospect this was probebly herrassment and i would not do it again but dam it makes me giggle.

So do any of you have fond memories you would like to share?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Fond memories and fun times
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 20:59:46 »
There was this time, it seems years ago, where the weather was actually cold.  Where you could sit in a room and not sweat all the time.  You didn't need a hat outside 'cause there was no sun, only these things called "clouds".  A time when water actually fell from the skies and made the grass green.

I think they called it "winter".

Ah ... good times ... good times.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 21:02:15 »
There was this time, it seems years ago, where the weather was actually cold.  Where you could sit in a room and not sweat all the time.  You didn't need a hat outside 'cause there was no sun, only these things called "clouds".  A time when water actually fell from the skies and made the grass green.

I think they called it "winter".

Ah ... good times ... good times.

The weather in cairns is so nice. Not quite hot not quite cold. Just right.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 21:07:02 »
One time Halverson and I introduced his roomate to Popeye's fried chicken. He was acting like we asked him to eat monkey brains or some wild exotic food.  Halverson and I just really wanted fried chicken LOL. We grab some somewhere in Cleveland I think and we're eating it in the car in the parking lot. Roommate is all like WHOA BRUH, THIS IS CRAZY. SO CRAZY.

What's so crazy is that he never had the deliciousness that is Popeye's. :))

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 21:18:53 »
We used to have the annual family trip to California to visit, Universal Studios, Knott's Berry Farm, Disneyland, and Six Flags. My brother and I were allowed one invite each. I always took my cousin Dave.

On one of these trips Dave showed us that if he gets on all fours and sticks his ass in the air, he can suck air into it and fart, non-stop. It was the most hilarious thing of our lives. This was something that continued on throughout the week. The morning of our Disneyland trip we were waiting on my dad who is the worst procrastinator in history, I swear. Dave decided to entertain us with his fart antics. After a bit of this and painful, tear filled laughter, my dad came out and at that instant Dave stood up to release his final does of laughing gas and it sounded off. It sounded like someone trying to whistle with too much spit while making no noise. At this point my dad made a face and said, "Awe, what the ****?! Don't even get in the car until that stops smelling!" Dave made that instant stiff posture and frightened face then immediately exclaimed, "I POOPED!" and started to spin around. As soon as he started his spin, we noticed something fall between his legs. It was a large turd. It hit the ground with the soft thud of a partially melted ice cream bar. So all at once, he started to spin, dropped a turd out of his shorts leg, and the foot he used to stop the spin was planted squarely on his turd and he slipped and fell. At this point my dad exclaimed with disgust, "Oh God Damn!" Then proceeded to ask him, "What the ****'s the matter with you?!" Between my dads reaction and my cousin's display I thought my brother and I were going to die of laughter. That laughter where your face hurts and you can't breathe. Then my mom gets out of the car and is trying to make sense of things and her confusion just compounded the hilarity. It almost ended up like making a prank call on a party line of three different numbers and letting them figure it out.

The trip was delayed a bit so my cousin could clean himself and change.

One time Halverson and I introduced his roomate to Popeye's fried chicken. He was acting like we asked him to eat monkey brains or some wild exotic food.  Halverson and I just really wanted fried chicken LOL. We grab some somewhere in Cleveland I think and we're eating it in the car in the parking lot. Roommate is all like WHOA BRUH, THIS IS CRAZY. SO CRAZY.

Popeye's is super delicious.
Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 21:20:58 »

Chicken Tuesdays ftw! $0.99 for a leg and a thigh. So good.

Edit: Actually think it's $1.19 now. Still worth.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 21:22:25 »
Freecopy that story made me laugh uncontrollably. I hope that was/will be brought up at your cousins 18th/21st

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 21:29:21 »
Freecopy that story made me laugh uncontrollably. I hope that was/will be brought up at your cousins 18th/21st

Last time we talked to him was in 2004 at my brothers wedding. We brought the story up in front of his fiance and he got weird and didn't let us tell the story. He moved out of the state. Last I heard from a family member from a family member from a friend of a friend was he's married and has one kid. Fantastic story that he was obviously very weird about.

I could dig up an incredibly embarrassing story about myself, but I'm not sure I want to do that.
Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 21:31:54 »
Tomorrow

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 23:05:47 »
My dad always went Trick-Or-Treating with his brother, and on November 1, he would go around the neighborhood again with him Trick-Or-Treating.  People would look puzzled but they both explained: "We missed Halloween!" and people would fall for it.
They wound up with more candy than they did when they went the night before!

It's still a classic story to this day!

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 19 December 2015, 09:20:34 »

Fantastic story that he was obviously very weird about.

Great story. We had a friend in college who could "smoke a cigar" with his butt (somebody else had to hold the cigar in place, of course).

Last I heard he was president of a bank.
"It's 110, but it doesn't feel it to me, right. If anybody goes down. Everybody was so worried yesterday about you and they never mentioned me. I'm up here sweating like a dog. They don’t think about me. This is hard work.
Do you feel the breeze? I don't want anybody going on me. We need every voter. I don't care about you. I just want your vote. I don't care."
- Donald Trump - Las Vegas 2024-06-09

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #11 on: Sat, 19 December 2015, 09:25:00 »
One time, I made a post that made someone laugh.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 19 December 2015, 09:32:41 »
On one of these trips Dave showed us that if he gets on all fours and sticks his ass in the air, he can suck air into it and fart, non-stop. It was the most hilarious thing of our lives.

I don't know if I'm proud or embarrassed to say that I had a friend that did the same thing.  :))  He discovered this (or at least first showcased it) on a church trip to North Carolina.  Good times.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #13 on: Sat, 19 December 2015, 09:37:41 »
This one time, at band camp, like I totally ....

Offline Jema

• CHIPOTLE WHERE
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • You make my words I'm gonna get my grade 10
« Reply #14 on: Sat, 19 December 2015, 09:37:49 »

All your posts make me laugh :D you Brits and your humor

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #15 on: Sat, 19 December 2015, 09:56:42 »

I think I may have done that at some point as well.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #16 on: Sat, 19 December 2015, 10:03:18 »
Has anyone actually Heard a "good" band-camp story,  like those they got in the movies..

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #17 on: Sat, 19 December 2015, 16:05:53 »
I don't reflect on memories.  I make memories and fun times.  Everyday.  Nonstop.  Y'all live in the past.  I'll be here making memories.  At my computer.  On geekhack.  Instagramming the whole experience so you can see how awesome my memories are.  Be jelly.  Yea, be jelly.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #18 on: Sat, 19 December 2015, 16:12:25 »
Has anyone actually Heard a "good" band-camp story,  like those they got in the movies..

Is band camp a real thing? I am assuming only in United States?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #19 on: Sat, 19 December 2015, 20:19:29 »

Is band camp a real thing? I am assuming only in United States?

Honestly, I have no idea if band-camp is a real thing.... They do have wrestling camp, so I figure, it's certainly possible to have bandcamp.

Offline GenKaan

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Mer caps, mindre käbbel
« Reply #20 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 04:00:15 »
Was about 10 years old and played in a hockey team, wasnt really into it but everyone else was. I played it because it was fun and almost everyone else played only to win, to become the best. Found one kid who wasnt into it either who tried having fun, started talking more and more with him and it made the whole hockey thing more enjoyable.

Fast forward like 2 years and I quit the team because I had to focus on soccer and other sports, didnt have any contact with the hockey kid anymore.

Fast forward like 2 years, my family moved to a new place closer to school and I got into a new class, again I knew no one but one kid felt oddly familiar. First lunch break I started talking to him and it turned out he was the kid I use to play hockey with!

Fast forward 10 years we are still friends and hang out, even if real life, GF's, work, different hobbies, and interests have made it harder we still are pretty close. Even managed to get him hooked on mechanical keyboards :)
|| @Home:: Shine 3 TKL (Mx Red / Deep Space)  || @Work:: G2Pro (Mx Clear / Dye Sub PBT) ||
@Reserve:: HHKB (Topre 45g / Mixed PBT) // Das v3 (Mx Brown / Blank PBT)