Author Topic: Can Dorkvader give me my stuff back?  (Read 3111 times)

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
Can Dorkvader give me my stuff back?
« on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 20:51:01 »
Been waiting on 3 boards to be soldered since August of last year. The delays have been constant throughout the entire time, but the response times have lengthened to where I'm lucky to hear back more than once every 2-3 weeks. Anyone else with stuff in his possession feel free to chime in.

kinda just want my **** back

edit: and all it took was a mod pm for a response
« Last Edit: Sun, 27 December 2015, 19:27:16 by hwood34 »
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
Re: Can Dorkvader give me my stuff back?
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 20:52:30 »
bruh just fly over and give me a two piece and get your **** back
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 27 December 2015, 02:31:44 »
The claim is DV is super busy and backed up on keyboard stuffs..

Offline btctopre

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 27 December 2015, 02:36:31 »
august of 2014? lawyer up fam

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 27 December 2015, 02:41:18 »
The claim is DV is super busy and backed up on keyboard stuffs..

DV is notoriously slow.  He's a good guy and reliable, but people on here need to learn their limits.  If you can't do it within a reasonable time frame, send it back or find someone you trust (with the owner's consent, of course) to do it and get it back to them.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 27 December 2015, 02:42:22 »
I thought mods were supposed to be trustworthy individuals?

@nubbinator how in the world could you say he is reliable?

Offline Bevo

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 27 December 2015, 02:43:29 »
Sucks that this stuff happens bro. I hope you get your stuff back

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 27 December 2015, 02:47:38 »

As in people do get their stuff back from him.  Unless he disappears on hwood, I've never heard of anyone not getting their stuff back from him.  If he does disappear on hwood, my tune will change.  The only case where I heard anyone having issues was berserkfan and there was too much contradictory info in that to form an opinion of who is right and who is wrong.

All I know is that DV is notoriously slow, but that people do get their stuff from him.  I'm not defending it or saying that it's acceptable and I wouldn't send anything to someone who took that long, but just saying that I haven't heard of anyone not getting stuff back.
« Last Edit: Sun, 27 December 2015, 02:49:12 by nubbinator »

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 27 December 2015, 09:43:25 »
The only case where I heard anyone having issues was berserkfan and there was too much contradictory info in that to form an opinion of who is right and who is wrong.

There were complicating circumstances but Berserkfan was strung along for a very long time over a large amount and value of gear.
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 27 December 2015, 09:56:32 »

As in people do get their stuff back from him.  Unless he disappears on hwood, I've never heard of anyone not getting their stuff back from him.  If he does disappear on hwood, my tune will change.  The only case where I heard anyone having issues was berserkfan and there was too much contradictory info in that to form an opinion of who is right and who is wrong.

All I know is that DV is notoriously slow, but that people do get their stuff from him.  I'm not defending it or saying that it's acceptable and I wouldn't send anything to someone who took that long, but just saying that I haven't heard of anyone not getting stuff back.
I would bet there are more people affected who just aren't speaking up for fear of not ever getting things or fear of being criticized themselves because dorkvader seems to get a free pass around here.

Whatever happened to that one group buy for vintage boards he was involves with?

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 27 December 2015, 12:21:30 »
Whatever happened to that one group buy for vintage boards he was involves with?

The one where no one but him paid any money for the boards and where he offered to let anyone come and pick them up or take over for him on it because he knew that he wouldn't ship for a while?  Is that the one you're talking about?

No one deserves a free pass if people are genuinely being affected by them.  If others are being affected, speak up.  If we have another Profosist/mkawa/TJ/WFD thing going on, people should know, but that can only happen if others speak up.

Offline tronbeaver

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 27 December 2015, 14:22:34 »
Posts like this are why Geekhack needs a vendor feedback system.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=77615.0

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 27 December 2015, 15:06:53 »

I don't really think he's going to disappear with my stuff or anything, would just like to get my stuff back after nearly a year and a half
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #13 on: Sun, 27 December 2015, 15:12:51 »

I don't really think he's going to disappear with my stuff or anything, would just like to get my stuff back after nearly a year and a half

I completely understand and I'd feel the same way.  It just felt like others were trying to start a witch hunt.  Hopefully you get your stuff back soon.

This does seem to be a problem with the old guard where there's this mindset that it's okay to give minimal updates and go radio silent.

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #14 on: Sun, 27 December 2015, 15:44:22 »
i remember berserkfan had some problems with him some time ago. Since then, i have not seen much of berserk..

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #15 on: Sun, 27 December 2015, 15:48:05 »
Since then, i have not seen much of berserk..

The problems were huge and spanned years with no acknowledgement or satisfaction. That is why he left.

In the mean time he has been jailhousing Cherries and may have a really good system down by now.
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline rm-rf

« Reply #16 on: Sun, 27 December 2015, 15:55:44 »
there is also a bunch of people waiting for dorkvader to organize and sell/ship out some keyboards from a sale of sorts.
there was a user on ebay that was selling some stuff.
we organized a GB to buy some things...
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=72620

but nothing ever happened after dorkvader picked up the goods.
or maybe something did happen and i was just left out of the loop.

Offline OTD

« Reply #17 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 09:25:28 »
Posts like this are why Geekhack needs a vendor feedback system.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=77615.0
I don't think DV is a vendor sir.

Offline Blackehart

• Booty Aficionado Extraordinaire
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 11:32:29 »
I sent DV a few boards to fix a while back.
Yes, it was a bit hard to get a hold of him at times and it took a while, but I got all my stuff back (working better than before, too!).

Now I'm trying to get a hold of him to offer up some form of payment ><'

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #19 on: Thu, 31 December 2015, 01:07:34 »
Yes, it does seem somewhat confusing and discouraging that it's gotten to this point... However, I do believe DV took on so many of these projects because he enjoyed them and wanted to be helpful. Then he was offered full-time employment, and because he's so super-focused no matter what he's doing, I think he's ended up giving all his attention and energy to that work, and it's been consuming his physical and mental resources.

I don't think the delays are personal at all, nor that he's deliberately neglected anyone. And I certainly don't think he's been dishonest. I think he's just overwhelmed.

I can't speak for him, of course. I feel presumptuous just voicing these theories. It would be great if he'd communicate about it better here. I think he'd find we were more understanding than he might expect, once we understood what he was dealing with.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline XMIT

• formerly jsoltren
« Reply #20 on: Thu, 31 December 2015, 06:09:08 »
there is also a bunch of people waiting for dorkvader to organize and sell/ship out some keyboards from a sale of sorts.
there was a user on ebay that was selling some stuff.
we organized a GB to buy some things...
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=72620

but nothing ever happened after dorkvader picked up the goods.
or maybe something did happen and i was just left out of the loop.

My understanding is that these group buy keyboards never went anywhere. I offered some feedback on how to organize these boards back in June.